Become a Patron!

E-juice lab question.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am almost finished assembling my lab according to and exceeding AEMSA standards all the way down to the shoe covers. I am also planning a fume hud incase of further regulations. What I am stuck on is the eye wash kit. The AEMSA entails I am required to have one and that is not a problem but it just says eye wash kit in a vague way. Does that mean I would have to use one of the large 15 minute running stand up systems that cost over $300 or will the wall mounted duel bottle set ups that are far easier on the wallet do? I just launched my company Facebook page a few days ago also TheVaporCaper. I'd love if you guys stopped by and showed some VU love too I am releasing a flavor every day. It is not quite for sale yet but I am introducing things and crossing my t's and dotting my i's like this question. I already have my license to do business ect.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have tried to contact the AEMSA but haven't heard anything back. I am sure one of you guys would know for sure and could help. Thank you.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to sell eye wash equipment back in the day, and certain jobs would call for "eye wash stations" and others called for "eye wash kits" AEMSA calls for eye wash kits, which means the tabletop units would most likely suffice. To be certain, and if you intend on getting registered by them, call and ask to speak to a representative. For your own safety, you should spring for a faucet mounted unit or a wall mounted unit anyways. you can get a faucet mounted one for under $100 and it can be added to your hand washing station.
the wall mounted units are under $200 and provide constant cold water, better to be safe than sorry.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're the man! Thanks for the advice.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love to be registered by them but with their fees as follows: Application fee: $500 due at acceptance of application (nonrefundable)
Monthly Dues: $758
$1500 per initial scheduled inspection. That is a large sum of money to be paying for me at this moment.

Last edited:

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love to be registered and have their logo on my bottle as a token of quality. I would much rather give them my money instead of a government agency when it comes time to being regulated.

Last edited:

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am ordering a kit like that

Linc Williams

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would love to be registered by them but with their fees as follows: Application fee: $500 due at acceptance of application (nonrefundable)
Monthly Dues: $758
$1500 per initial scheduled inspection. That is a large sum of money to be paying for me at this moment.
Sorry that smacks of wtf kind of money to me. To add that to the label for little to zero oversight on their part.

VU Sponsors