Become a Patron!

E-Juice Manufacturer, New Product - Nicotine Alternative

How many vape users would actually prefer a nicotine alternative?

• I need my nicotine!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, New member here. Definitely don't want this to come off as anything other than asking for help. If it requires that I be more specific I will do so only after contacted by admins, as I do not want to be banned and do not per say understand all of the rules yet of this forum. To be completely honest, I am an E-liquid manufacturer looking for some help with some things.

My product is a little different from your average E-juice. We don’t use nicotine as an ingredient in our juice, we’ve actually discovered a way to use specific herbal extracts and combine them in a way that when mixed with the highest grade VG/PG creates a product that actually gives the vaper quite a good feeling. We intend for our extract and our liquid to be used as sort of a nicotine alternative if you will, by satisfying the user, who is used to smoking nicotine. The effect is not similar, or even comparable to the stimulant effects of nicotine. Did I mention our extracts are non addictive also? Well in any case, my liquid is a completely new type of product, which is why we’ve patented it.

We have received exemplary marks from vape users and regular smokers alike, and currently sell to several brick and mortar vape shops here in town, (we are based in Houston, Texas) I don’t plan on releasing the name of my liquid or giving out too much information, as this can be seen as advertising or a slick way of making sales which is why to my surprise I was banned by (Nameless) almost immediately after dropping the name of my juice, so I wont do that. I am here to find an answer to my question, which is as follows..- how many vape users actually would prefer a nicotine alternative? I am asking this as sort of a poll format to figure the best way to proceed forward as I ramp up distribution and make more and more connections in this industry.

Another question I have, if you were having a long day and you were stressed, would a product like this that makes you relaxed in a way be more interesting than other substances which are known to give more or less the same feeling? The reason I ask this is because my product does have a calming, relaxing effect, and to be quite honest I am not trying to advertise and have not dropped my company name or product name, because I do not want to get banned, and honestly need help to figure out my next steps, and any future issues I am bound to run into. I’ll be honest, for claiming to defend vapers rights and openness, some of these forums I’ve been on have been moderated similar to Nazi Germany. I am an entrepreneur (sue me). I just hope I can actually get honest responses from you guys in this regard.

Thanks a lot
OrganicAlias

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Id try it. Does it calm nicotine cravings? If it does - id defiantly be interested in something like that.

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VaporJoes,

It does effectively calm cravings, although it doesn't completely take them away for good it does satisfy them for the time you spend vaping it. Another interesting note is the taste and smoothness. It's definitely a different throat hit than nicotine also, very satisfying buzz that accompanies it. I would love to get some reviews done, just don't know the right procedure on this forum.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
VaporJoes,

It does effectively calm cravings, although it doesn't completely take them away for good it does satisfy them for the time you spend vaping it. Another interesting note is the taste and smoothness. It's definitely a different throat hit than nicotine also, very satisfying buzz that accompanies it. I would love to get some reviews done, just don't know the right procedure on this forum.

What "buzz" are you talking about? The word "Herbal" can mean anything. What would this herbal mixture be?

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The term buzz I use at the risk of being misinterpreted as you point out, could mean a lot of things, just as the word Herbal. To be a little more transparent, the herbs we use have been used for quite some time, for medicinal purposes in several civilizations (teas, tinctures, medicine). These herbs also have been tested by the U.S. government, and are included in our patent with the USPTO. I have copies of gas chromatography testing for the actual herbal extracts and the finished e-liquid product available for review. Now to touch on the term buzz. I feel like this fits our product, although for a lack of a better word i chose this one. The feeling is as mild as it is effective, you feel calm and clearheaded, and very pleasant almost like smoking hookah for the first time if you will. Nothing intense and definitely less harsh than nicotine either in a cigarette or e-liquid.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta be blunt here, herbs such as Holy Basil and Kava Kava, well - they have people that are allergic to them. I'm not sure of your formulation, but you are asking if people would buy it or at least think of buying it.

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Zamazam,
Yes we are aware of certain peoples allergies to herbs and their concerns about out product. While some people are bound to have allergies, we include on our website, in our disclaimer and on our labels that those with an allergy to ragweed or pollen should not use our product. To be very honest we created this liquid as a safe, all natural alternative to smokeable products with harmful effects. There have been no negative side effects reported by the use of these herbs for millennia, and we have not received complaints from customers on our liquid yet(we sell to several stores). We also have product liability insurance, in case a customer does (god forbid) have a freak, adverse reaction to it, we can take care of him/her. Or if he/she just clouds up the car vaping it and crashes into a tree and blames us(also God Forbid). To be clear I am asking if you would be open to such a product, I'm not trying to solicit sales, just trying to gauge interest and practical use among vapers. But you bring up an interesting point. When most people think of Herbal, they think incense or potpourii, or if they are allergic to them. We actually include less than the recommended dose of our Quality Herbal Extracts in each bottle, to ensure the customer has a safe portion each time(5ml bottle), and try to steer away any users with a history of allergies to herbs.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be curious to see the byproducts of heating this mystery herbal element and inhaling it, as many vapers are sensitive to diacetyl/diketones/anything else that could potentially be harmful if inhaled, even if less so than tobacco smoke...

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OBDave,

I can confirm that our e-juice does not contain diacetyl/diketones. We are very keen to the molecular makeup of synthetic E-juice flavoring on the market, and chose to only include Organic Flavoring as we are an All Natural E-liquid. Simply put, we try to be as safe and as natural as humanly possible at our current scale, and all of our batches are made in our ISO 7 clean room to ensure that our quality control standards are met. I'm glad you brought this up, as these are extremely valid concerns that to date are not addressed in any way on my website, which I will change.

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also from Houston, Which shops do you sell too if you're able to give out that information.
I go around the whole town and buy ejuices to try out, maybe tried yours?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OBDave,

I can confirm that our e-juice does not contain diacetyl/diketones. We are very keen to the molecular makeup of synthetic E-juice flavoring on the market, and chose to only include Organic Flavoring as we are an All Natural E-liquid. Simply put, we try to be as safe and as natural as humanly possible at our current scale, and all of our batches are made in our ISO 7 clean room to ensure that our quality control standards are met. I'm glad you brought this up, as these are extremely valid concerns that to date are not addressed in any way on my website, which I will change.
While I certainly appreciate that, I'm also curious as to exactly what the composition of the nicotine alternative substance is that you're using, and what effects it might have if used long-term. I remember there were people adding caffiene to e-juice a few years ago, though I don't think that ever took off. Regardless, you've got an interesting concept, thanks for sharing what you have so far.

And I don't think you're going to get the ECF Nazi jackboot if you actually let us know who you are here, I'm guessing if the thread gets too promotional the worst that happens is it gets moved to the Unlisted Vendors subforum - though one of the mods, several of whom have chimed in here already, would know better how that's addressed.

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The juice is called Setú E-liquid, right now we are in Ramble Creek Vape Co, Wild West E-Cigs, Pax Street, Pineapple Express, 5 Star Smoke Shop, Vapor Right, Katz Smoke and Boutique, Mr. Smoke, and a few others on the way such as VapeRx, Imperial Vapes and Vapor Logic. We are actually launching our website Monday. Although purchasable now, there are a few kinks that I'm working out with shipping quotes, so Monday is a safe bet for launch day.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well let us know when the site is live - I'm a DIY guy, but for novelty's sake might give your stuff a sample - what's the PG/VG mix look like? Dripper-friendly, or better suited to tanks?

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OBDave,

When selecting the herbs used, we considered studies on human consumption of the herbs in question, and selected only the ones with a proven track record of beneficial health uses. As much as I value transparency, a certain degree of caution is necessary here to protect my proprietary herbal blend/ingredients from copycats, as I do not wish to engage in a patent suit before market saturation. I can however assure and prove that the herbs in question have been used by Native American and Eastern Cultures along with many Pharmaceutical Companies to provide relaxing, meditative and pain/stress relieving qualities. I would love to give out my exact ingredient list, I am aware this is pertinent information to customers, however at this time it is simply not in the best interests of the company as a whole. Albeit protecting my Intellectual Property is important, Customer Safety is Paramount, which is why we have included who should not use our product on all our labels.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was up for possibly trying your product, until you mention 5 mil bottles.

I vape 15-20 mils a DAY, at 4 MG nic.
The only practical way I could vape your product, would be through something like an EVOD. Not my bag. I like RTA's and RDA's. I like big flavor.

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OBDave,

The ratio is 80% VG 20% PG it works great out of any mod or tank, but drip tanks specifically. I have a RDA mod myself, have to do a fresh build about every week or so, but I don't mind. Definitely dripper friendly. The site will be live monday 4/13/15. I'll post the link in this thread and my Bio when the time comes. Honestly guys, reviews could do a lot for me, If you have any suggestions on where to go please let me know.

Last edited:

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Freemind,

The reason for the 5mil bottle is a portioning issue. 5mil is enough to fill most tanks, and although people love to smoke our juice by itself, we offer an unflavored for mixing with any other e-juices. For instance, some of the B&M's we sell to have mixed Setú with their own house juice (either no nic 70/30 or a nic blend) and have had fantastic results. Recently a customer at a shop purchased a 15 mil Suicide Bunny 0 nic and dumped a whole bottle of unflavored Setú into it and went about his way. It mixes great, and can be seen as an additive to whichever juice or flavor you prefer.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
first i think it best to move this to unlisted vendors no rule has been broken but it will free up @OrganicAlias in terms of marketing if they so chose. that said if i was not currently between jobs i would do a test purchase

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
will wait on your launch, and wish you the best of luck :)

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lordmage,

Definitely appreciate that! I'll do some diligence and learn the workings of this place so I don't step on any toes.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw the bottles are 4mil and $15 each, that is some expensive juice even if mixing with something else, especially when vaping anything up to 10mils a day :eek:

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Naliz,

The bottles are actually 5ml, I see that they are 4ml on the site, changing that now. I would agree with you, the juice is a bit more expensive than nicotine e-liquids, however there is really no comparison to effect of our product. The most outrageous example we've found is Aercigs Wave for $50 a mil. Now that's expensive. http://www.vapeadvance.com/buy-aer-wave-e-liquid.html One 5mil bottle of unflavored 100% VG Setú effectively mixes with 30mil of flavored juice, so it should last a serial vaper all day.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm...vapeable "spice?" At $3/ml? While still interesting, this might not quite be up my alley. That said, I'll let some other folks guinea pig it and see what they have to say...

OrganicAlias

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OBDave,

Sure we understand some might use Setú as a "spice" alternative because of its calming effect. We intended to create a nicotine alternative we could vape that was not addictive, and as all natural and healthy as possible. Honestly spice scared us, one of our friends growing up fell victim to it, but now he vapes Setú and has quit smoking cigs, along with us. It really allows you to relax when you feel stressed and you want a cigarette. So I wouldn't per say compare it to spice, but I acknowledge it could and should probably replace it. That being said, spice needs to go. Most places don't sell it anymore but a few (Nameless) still do. An interesting note is the "spice" industry was $2 billion at its height, which is what the vape industry is currently valued at by some conservative accounts.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors