Become a Patron!

e-leaf i stick problems

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have had the istick for about a month . i pluged in this morning and now it will not do anything any suggestions?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
meaning it won't charge?

does it fire anything off the charger or was it completely dead prior to plugging it in?

if its been less than 30 days you might be able to contact the vendor you ordered it from and see what their policy is on defective devices..

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yes ive tried turning it on . i might be new but not an idiot i work for the vendor it came from . this is why i posted on the website to make sure none of our other customers that have bought them from us dont have the same problems and or get some helpful info about fixing them

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes ive tried turning it on . i might be new but not an idiot i work for the vendor it came from . this is why i posted on the website to make sure none of our other customers that have bought them from us dont have the same problems and or get some helpful info about fixing them

You don't have to go far then for an exchange:)

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you are correct but i work on them for our store so i was looking for helpful info

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is working like a charm:)

IMG_2394_zps0b4696f3.jpg

Sorry can't help you out

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could be that eLeaf sent out a batch with bad batteries.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

when you don't give us enough details we have to ask 'idiot type' questions.. jeeze.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Own two of them for a few months with no issues. Yours just might be a MFG defect so I suggest getting in contact with the seller. Please keep us updated on that status.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really?? An Istick too, Laurel??
well.....ummmm, congrats I guess.....:)
I need/want both in my life. Regulated and Mechanical. I like being able to control my volts/watts. Sometimes I need something simple for occasions like being at work and stuff.
Don't worry, Mech Mods are still in my heart... Always ︎

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was an electronics tech for a few years. Verifying a device is properly powered up is a legitimate step in troubleshooting. Especially when there is no dedicated on/off switch. All you said was it wasn't doing anything. Many vaping devices don't come with instructions and many more users don't read them even if they do. If you already performed some basic troubleshooting steps, state what they were or be prepared to have people start helping you by starting at step one.

I am loving my eleaf iStick! I usually use my second favorite which is the iTazte CLK 1280. I tell my customers that you sure don't want to use a nasty clearo that will drip liquid on this awesome battery. You should use a nautilus or gladius that has a solid bottom to it so that juice never touches your battery. We have sold so many of these, and have had very good reviews on all of them. I quit smoking last April after 35 years of damaging my lungs and those around me. Is there anyone who is familiar with medicinal essential oils being used for insomnia or anxiety? I am looking to add something to a basic 50/50 no nic liquid.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am loving my eleaf iStick! I usually use my second favorite which is the iTazte CLK 1280. I tell my customers that you sure don't want to use a nasty clearo that will drip liquid on this awesome battery. You should use a nautilus or gladius that has a solid bottom to it so that juice never touches your battery. We have sold so many of these, and have had very good reviews on all of them. I quit smoking last April after 35 years of damaging my lungs and those around me. Is there anyone who is familiar with medicinal essential oils being used for insomnia or anxiety? I am looking to add something to a basic 50/50 no nic liquid.
Free State Vapor has a juice called Lady in Lavender. It's a calming lavender vape with a hint of vanilla. Totally organic too! It's max VG and it tastes awesome but max VG makes my throat hurt. Want me to send you my bottle? Do a trade or something?

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's probably a faulty battery, get the whole unit replaced!
It's such a simple mod I don't think there are any other certain solutions other than a 'pooped' battery.

Good luck in your future vaping!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never heard of anyone having that issue. Sounds like it's defective.
The most common issue I've seen is the wonky 510 connection, which I also have. If I screw down whatever device I have too much or if what I'm using has a longer center pin, it will cause the resistance to bounce all over the place and eventually will not fire. I have purchased an ego-to-ego adapter from Avid Vapor (the best design, IMO as it has a lip that prevents over-tightening) and the problem has been almost completely solved. (every now and then when I have to take the tank off I may have to fiddle but nothing like better)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure VU members who had a defective unit would post on the forum. Let us know if there is a bad batch out there.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Free State Vapor has a juice called Lady in Lavender. It's a calming lavender vape with a hint of vanilla. Totally organic too! It's max VG and it tastes awesome but max VG makes my throat hurt. Want me to send you my bottle? Do a trade or something?
Did you buy it directly from the companies website or another vender of ejuice? I want to try this one so bad

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I own over 7 isticks cause I just love them. I also own 4 MVP's. My fav is Istick and one main reason is the customer support Mvp customer support does not care if you have an issue or a question about an item

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I own over 7 isticks cause I just love them. I also own 4 MVP's. My fav is Istick and one main reason is the customer support Mvp customer support does not care if you have an issue or a question about an item
I guess good customer support is important with devices like the istick. ;)

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a question anyone use delta which is better the 16 or 19 w the ileaf??

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is it safe to add those liquids to eliquids to inhale? I need that

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own five i Sticks and have not had any issues with any of them. Only one had slight rattle with the buttons but had no adverse effect on scrolling through the OLED display and proper adjustment of voltage/wattage. I think it's probable that some people are going to get a malfunctioning unit since everything is mass produced out of China and it's such a popular selling device. Fortunately, my family and friends have all received good working units. Eleaf just released the adapter for convenient carrying, pin adjustment and threading protection to complete the set up. Jake - Have you checked your power supply there could be an electrical issue/loose wiring in the cord and/or wall charger? I hope you didn't get a knock off as well, something to consider as this device is extremely popular and the market is constantly being flooded with counterfeit ware. Hope everything works out for you. Happy Holidays.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine has a rattle button and occasionally doesn't fire, no screen, nothing. Hit it again and it works. Hopefully this is an isolated issue, as I've seen a lot of istick people on the forums here with no worse issues than mine, which are a nuisance but don't render the device unusable, just annoying sometimes.

i have had the istick for about a month . i pluged in this morning and now it will not do anything any suggestions?
i have a 50w one and mine is having problems already i thought it was normal but it gotten worse like when i oress the button to fire it, it would be so slow to fire it up and i would have to press it again to fire and then it got worse it just gave out and then i got it out of the box again and started charging it and it showed 3 bars out of 5 for charging then i would fire it and it would be fine but later one i would press it and it would just keep firing on its own without me pressing and the only way to stop it was to let it reach the 10 sec mark and i would have to unscrew my tank off and then when i would let it sit there it would fire automatically and then just give out and die again like wtf is wrong? did i get a defective one? i didnt pay $56 just to last 1 1/2 months so what do i do because i dont know what to do now

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have a 50w one and mine is having problems already i thought it was normal but it gotten worse like when i oress the button to fire it, it would be so slow to fire it up and i would have to press it again to fire and then it got worse it just gave out and then i got it out of the box again and started charging it and it showed 3 bars out of 5 for charging then i would fire it and it would be fine but later one i would press it and it would just keep firing on its own without me pressing and the only way to stop it was to let it reach the 10 sec mark and i would have to unscrew my tank off and then when i would let it sit there it would fire automatically and then just give out and die again like wtf is wrong? did i get a defective one? i didnt pay $56 just to last 1 1/2 months so what do i do because i dont know what to do now
Many have had similiar issue's Stop Using It Immediatly! It could very well vent or catch fire, Do not charge it anymore & contact your vendor you bought it from and try to get a refund and/or a exchange.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've have an IStick 20 for a while without any issues. I purchased an IStick 50 and aside from the display not flipping like the instruction manual says it should (no big deal to me), it's been working like a champ!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My istick was great for months, but suddenly it started going down in wattage all by itself. And I did have to put some cut pieces of rubber band around the 510 which stopped reading atomizers, but that fixed it. Sadly, I opened it up, and when I put it back I somehow messed up the down button, so now it's stuck at 20 watts - which is fine, but annoying LOL

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

You are not alone. My Istick went bad in me in about a month too. I started by contacting the company first but they told me there was nothing they could do about it and blamed it on me not using properly. I was pissed off. I feel for you and all the others that go through these situations I actually asked them if they were disposable device but they had no comment.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I have no skills to take these apart, maybe start a new thread asking in the title?

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have taken them apart to work on them.
I have fixed 2 faulty ones
Have you ever fixed one that had stripped threads. I have about 4 or 5 with this problem. I'm so upset cause they work but I can't get a tank to screw on. Any advice?

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have taken them apart to work on them.
I have fixed 2 faulty ones
Would you be interested in trying to fix mine? I will pay what ever you want. I have the bending adapters and the same happened with then on them

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fatdaddyvapes sells a 510 thread insert to fix these problems. Or you can install one of his v4 510s. I could do this for you but its probably cheaper to buy a new one? The 510 is about $5 each. Plus shipping both ways. The work for each mod would be about $10-15 but if you happen to be in nj I can help you out on the cheap.
bc789b2f7905265a1154a50ca852ede3.jpg
b5ae20fba055e6cee0520514cd871679.jpg

Last edited:

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm from New Jersey. So are you recommending me to buy the part or send it to you to look at?

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After looking at your website I think I like to see which product is the better one to go with. That is what I need you to tell me. The product the needs drilling and tapping I can't do myself

Where are you located?

I'm from New Jersey. So are you recommending me to buy the part or send it to you to look at?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh that's not my website I'm just telling you what's available as options. If you have someone in your family who can drill a hole and thread a nut and do beginner soldering. You could do it for $5 a mod. Im located in bordentown maybe we live close to another.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in SOUTH PLAINFIELD. If you tell me the parts I need and I get them would you be interested in fixing them?

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in SOUTH PLAINFIELD. If you tell me the parts I need and I get them would you be interested in fixing them?

We are about an hour away. I definatley don't mind mailing you all the devices with stripped threads if you are interested in making some money on the side. The

VU Sponsors