Become a Patron!

E M Ps and V A P I N G....

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Folks,I just had a talk about the worlds troubles with a Friend...We came upon the issue of a nuke war,and with Who..:cheers:..That took all night and a case of Beer to go over and I won't go into it now..:cry:..But one thing did come up,if the bad guys toss a bomb above the US and caused a E M P meltdown of ,Cars,Trains,Planes ect would a regulated mods electrics be damaged?..:eek:..How about the batteries?..:confused:..I have to ask now,in case it would I'm getting a big metal box today!..:rolleyes:..Z

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brother, if an EMP hit the states and wiped out our electrical grid, technology and virtually all communication methods - I'm not going to be focusing so much on the vaping aspect of my life anymore.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That being said, I don't understand how an EMP would affect batteries. So far as I know (which isn't very far at all, let's be honest) the 'wave' of an EMP would fry small electronics and circuit boards, but I don't really think it would do anything to a contained cell battery that has no circuit boards or anything in them. Regulated mods wouldn't work, anything with a chipset would fry and be useless, but as long as the batteries are good, a mechanical should work just as it does.

I'll be ducking for my life and providing cover fire if you don't mind wrapping a coil for me in the great Fallout foxhole, though. I'm sure we could scavenge up some cotton and kanthal, maybe even some VG if the Skulls don't find us first.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope it is all just crazy thinking on My part,I too would want to survive such a thing,as well as having Everyone not just Family....But the question still the same....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Game over man!
tumblr_mn5zdkZSbl1qbtxe8o4_250.gif

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol.........yeah I would also think that the electronics of my mod would probably be about the last thing on my mind.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sure no one would want to vape in a time of disaster....And if the Train crashes off the tracks the last thing You should be worried about is taking care of You addictions,it would be like Food,Water,Ammo Ect. I found a good blurb on EMPs and small electrics,anything that has wires coming from it ,T.V.,Computer and land lines will be fried because the wires act like antenna to the wave of electric charges....

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am sure no one would want to vape in a time of disaster....And if the Train crashes off the tracks the last thing You should be worried about is taking care of You addictions,it would be like Food,Water,Ammo Ect. I found a good blurb on EMPs and small electrics,anything that has wires coming from it ,T.V.,Computer and land lines will be fried because the wires act like antenna to the wave of electric charges....
more accurately anything plugged into the grid with solid state control mechanisms.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How exactly are you going to charge the batteries if the power grid goes down?
And IF a nuke does going off, I don't think I'll be caring about the health risks of smoking at that point

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bigger question is how will you charge the batteries with no electricity. It makes no difference if your batteries are not damaged if you can't charge them.

I will be vaping during a mass downed electric grid(EMP or otherwise). I'll need the nic. LOL.

@Rabbit Slayer beat me to it.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lets all cross our fingers that no nukes or EMPs ever go off where we live. And not only for the sake of vaping. ;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
EMP's would normally be a bi-product of a Nuclear Blast,

What's the old saying.......................................

"Put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye".

Point being, since you are dead, vaping is no longer an issue.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EMP's would normally be a bi-product of a Nuclear Blast,

What's the old saying.......................................

"Put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye".

Point being, since you are dead, vaping is no longer an issue.

But, not confined to a Nuclear blast. A good solar flare could do it and not kill anyone.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Personally, I am more worried about a giant Dragon eating the sun

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
An EMP strike works by reverse magnetising and overheating nearby electrical systems. In other words, your Iphone will be toasted. Solar panels are vulnerable to the EMP effect, but the real danger to most people comes not from a direct strike, but from the indirect effects which will occur later.Nov 20, 2013
Solar panels are vulnerable to the EMP effect, but the real danger to most people comes not from a direct strike, but from the indirect effects which will occur later.
The only way to protect your system is to incase your inverter inside a faraday cage, but protecting yourself from the indirect effects would be much harder to achieve.

more accurate response in the comments here https://www.heatmyhome.co.uk/solar-panels/will-electromagnetic-pulse-affect-solar-panels

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Folks,I just had a talk about the worlds troubles with a Friend...We came upon the issue of a nuke war,and with Who..:cheers:..That took all night and a case of Beer to go over and I won't go into it now..:cry:..But one thing did come up,if the bad guys toss a bomb above the US and caused a E M P meltdown of ,Cars,Trains,Planes ect would a regulated mods electrics be damaged?..:eek:..How about the batteries?..:confused:..I have to ask now,in case it would I'm getting a big metal box today!..:rolleyes:..Z

This ones easy... Most of my Juice is NET, anyway... Therefore I still have plenty of tobacco around....using that is easier anyway.

Couldn't one just use an old generator to charge the batteries. Heck a bicycle a generator and a mech , no batteries required..

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What do we need to smoke to be a reliable source in this thread ?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Sigh, all reliability is long gone so just go with the flow:deadhorse::stars:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Back in 2003 there was a huge blackout, My province of Ontario and 8 States were affected, we had no power for two days, I was completely unprepared for it, obviously we got by, but since then I started some basic prepping for natural disasters etc.. I did go overboard for a while but not "cray cray" overboard lol...

Now I always keep a month+ supply of non perishable food, I put together a Bug out Bag that contains enough stuff to get me by for 2 weeks in case I have to leave, I loaded a old phone full of Movies, Music and youtube diy video's, have spare vapes and juice in it, mech's and spare switches/510's, I Made a solar generator that charges with two small 20w solar panels, it's got 12v and an inverter for 110v... While it's not the biggest its got 30,000 mah at 12v so about 100000mah in vape terms...

All of which gets stored in a faraday cage I built, it runs off of a 12v SLA battery (same style used in computer UPS's) and keeps charged with a trickle charger

Don't have a pic of the cage but here an old one of my solar generator i already had on imgur..... Solar panels just connect via a 12v socket/plug...

XdMfebY.jpg

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
If a nuke hits the United States vaping will be the last thing on my mind the first thing going through my mind is which gun has the least amount of ammo and use that one first. As far as food goes all is fare in love and war so meat is meat stay off my front lawn. Any questions!?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors