East Tennessee in the house!

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
32 year trucker here. Steerin' and gearin' for Fedex these days. I was raised on a farm and we raised tobacco every year when I was growing up. I've chewed and smoked it in every way there is and always enjoyed it. (especially good cigars) But it was killing me and I knew it. So I tried the patch, the gum, Chantix...everything and nothing worked. I could smoke a cigar with a fresh patch on both arms and feel fine! So another long time friend/trucker and ex smoker turned me onto vaping....yes! Bought a Vamo V5 and a Iclear 30s tank and in 2 weeks I was free...free at last! So now I'm on my way to better health and since I smell much better beautiful young woman are throwing themselves at me! (well that last part ain't true but it could happen right?) :D

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard brother, nice to meet you. You told my story and the story of so many fellow vapors. It took someone outside of the medical establishment to get it right. When the e-cigs were introduced no one believed that they would eventually lead to the success we see and hear about today. The industry has come a long way and the juices and hardware have vastly improved. Nothing will stop this Revolution, not today, not tomorrow or ever. We will not rest until every tobacco company is out of business. Selling people death is immoral and just plain fucking wrong. Here's to life and prosperity for all of us. Cheers!:)

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's up Steam Powered! Welcome to VU!
Congrats on quitting smoking! EPIC beard, dude!
You remind me of Dusty Hill from ZZ Top (which are fucking awesome!)!
Thanks Pinky... you won't find a bigger ZZTop fan than me! Last time I saw them live was at an outdoor musicfest on the bank of the Mississippi river in Memphis a couple years ago. After all these years the "little band from Texas" is still amazing!!!!!!

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard brother, nice to meet you. You told my story and the story of so many fellow vapors. It took someone outside of the medical establishment to get it right. When the e-cigs were introduced no one believed that they would eventually lead to the success we see and hear about today. The industry has come a long way and the juices and hardware have vastly improved. Nothing will stop this Revolution, not today, not tomorrow or ever. We will not rest until every tobacco company is out of business. Selling people death is immoral and just plain fucking wrong. Here's to life and prosperity for all of us. Cheers!:)
Agreed and well said! Tobacco is dead and vaping is the future! Cheers to you and I'll have a vape to that. Just filled my new Aspire Nautilus clearo with some VG heavy root beer float.....mmmmm. Much better than smoke!

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Pinky... you won't find a bigger ZZTop fan than me! Last time I saw them live was at an outdoor musicfest on the bank of the Mississippi river in Memphis a couple years ago. After all these years the "little band from Texas" is still amazing!!!!!!
Hell, yeah!!! It's their vibe, man. They're the absolute coolest cats you'll ever see. Super jealous you got to go see them live!
"La Grange" is my absolute personal favorite. I think I've watched every live rendition of that song in the net.
The intro makes the hairs on my neck stand up, and when the drums kick in and Billy really digs into the strings of his super-overdriven guitar?! Fuck, man it just takes me there, y'know?
Rock on, brother!

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hell, yeah!!! It's their vibe, man. They're the absolute coolest cats you'll ever see. Super jealous you got to go see them live!
"La Grange" is my absolute personal favorite. I think I've watched every live rendition of that song in the net.
The intro makes the hairs on my neck stand up, and when the drums kick in and Billy really digs into the strings of his super-overdriven guitar?! Fuck, man it just takes me there, y'know?
Rock on, brother!
Aww yea.... none cooler than the bearded ones! It's tough for me to pick a favorite. I grew up on them starting in the early 70's. Saw them live the first time '76 when they were doing the 'Fandango' tour so I'm partial to that album. Especially the songs "Tush", "Mexican Blackbird" and "Heard it on the X". Back in the day I blew up several cheap car speakers cranking "X" and still to this day twist it up every time!!! Then there's "I'm bad, I'm Nation Wide" of Rio Grande Mud album. And of course the great come back album Eliminator....shoot it's ALL kick ass! But if I had to pick one favorite song it's GOT to be "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" off Tres Hombres!!!!!

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed and well said! Tobacco is dead and vaping is the future! Cheers to you and I'll have a vape to that. Just filled my new Aspire Nautilus clearo with some VG heavy root beer float.....mmmmm. Much better than smoke!

Thanks man. The longer you vape the easier it gets. I fell off the wagon a few times but I got back on track. So long as there is good juice and accessibility we're good to go. I will NEVER give another cent to big tobacco corp, they can burn along with the poison they sell. I feel guilt for having smoked around others who didn't want exposure to second hand smoke. It's funny how we can see clearly once we step back and reflect on the damge caused to self and others. Besides those cancer poles STINK to high heaven.:D

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Fuck. Just learned Dusty fell on the tour bus and injured his hip in the process about 5 days ago.
Thankfully, he's OK and healing. Here's to his speedy recovery!:cool:

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hadn't heard that about Dusty but glad to know he's on the mend.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No matter what happens good musicians will live forever. Everyone dies eventually, there is a beginning and an end to all things, the goal is to leave behind a legacy so that your flame will burn eternal. That's my quote and philosophy. Feel free to borrow it and apply it to your life. All I ask in return is a nice ravioli dinner stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese with some portobello mushrooms w/bottle of Pinot Noir.:D

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
32 year trucker here. Steerin' and gearin' for Fedex these days. I was raised on a farm and we raised tobacco every year when I was growing up. I've chewed and smoked it in every way there is and always enjoyed it. (especially good cigars) But it was killing me and I knew it. So I tried the patch, the gum, Chantix...everything and nothing worked. I could smoke a cigar with a fresh patch on both arms and feel fine! So another long time friend/trucker and ex smoker turned me onto vaping....yes! Bought a Vamo V5 and a Iclear 30s tank and in 2 weeks I was free...free at last! So now I'm on my way to better health and since I smell much better beautiful young woman are throwing themselves at me! (well that last part ain't true but it could happen right?) :D
Welcome, and got you by 3 years trucking 35 years trucking, and still at it.
FedEx-Freight-Beta-Testing-LNG-Tractors-USA.jpg

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, and got you by 3 years trucking 35 years trucking, and still at it.
Excellent! I'm at FXF myself. Road driver. Nice to make your cyber acquaintance sir!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good friend drives a truck for a living and gets to see the entire country. It's a great job for the right person. Hell you can sleep in it and save on rent, more money for vaping and a denver omelette for breakfast.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Excellent! I'm at FXF myself. Road driver. Nice to make your cyber acquaintance sir!
Nice to have a fellow coworker that vapes in here. Did your barn petition with the NRLB to go union yet?

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice to have a fellow coworker that vapes in here. Did your barn petition with the NRLB to go union yet?
No but I do a meet with a guy from one of the Jersey centers that have.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run for r&l carriers out of Roanoke, VA. P&D side of things. Run down to Abingdon, Va every day.
I meet you going the other way every day then. I run 81 every day.

Last edited:

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good friend drives a truck for a living and gets to see the entire country. It's a great job for the right person. Hell you can sleep in it and save on rent, more money for vaping and a denver omelette for breakfast.
Yea I did the over the road for years also but now I run out and back in a day cab pulling pups. I put my 2800 miles a week M-F and home every night. To old for that rolling gypsy style trucking now. But it was fun back in the day!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
W
Yea I did the over the road for years also but now I run out and back in a day cab pulling pups. I put my 2800 miles a week M-F and home every night. To old for that rolling gypsy style trucking now. But it was fun back in the day!

Who was it that sang that song "If I could Turn Back Time" Oh yes, Cher. I know what you mean about getting old it's an inevitable drag, but lasting memories pull us through. You get to come home at the end of the day and that's what truly matters when all is said and done. A healthy young mind will carry the body through the roughest waters.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors