Become a Patron!

Ebay links not being parsed correctly

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IDK if this is by design or what, but try posting an Ebay link, you'll get some sort of media output.
I think it's the numbers at the end of the URL with no filetype such as htm/html/php/asp or such afterwards.

Using this link:

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-510-Thread-Adapters-2-pieces-USA-Seller-Same-Day-FREE-Shipping-/390881030018

1. click the link button
2. paste in
3. click Insert

Results:

I tried typing out the URL tags manually and that didn't affect it either.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a widget of the forum, people can just click on the view & bid button and it will take them to ebay with the product page.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a widget of the forum, people can just click on the view & bid button and it will take them to ebay with the product page.

Ahhhh, thanks. I get it now.
I'm just so used to spam and malware that I don't click on something that isn't what I think it should be. :D

Kinda neat, but also convoluted because how are users supposed to know what to do with that thing?
I've been on Ebay since 2005 and I've never seen that sort of linkage before. Must be some sort of social media BS eh?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahhhh, thanks. I get it now.
I'm just so used to spam and malware that I don't click on something that isn't what I think it should be. :D

Kinda neat, but also convoluted because how are users supposed to know what to do with that thing?
I've been on Ebay since 2005 and I've never seen that sort of linkage before. Must be some sort of social media BS eh?

I think the idea of it, is so people can actually see the product without even going to ebay, I think it is kind of neat myself, but yes I can see it being confusing to people though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the idea of it, is so people can actually see the product without even going to ebay, I think it is kind of neat myself, but yes I can see it being confusing to people though.

Yeah, I can see that. I just like the simple URL stuff I guess.

I don't always have Flash enabled either...on forums it's usually on-demand only. Also, peeps on Mac or Linux might be SOL.
IDK about usability on mobile phones as I don't have any. :D

VU Sponsors