Become a Patron!

Ebay now banning mods and excessaries

Dan Az

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received this from ebay where I was selling mods and tanks, And I just wanted everyone to know that they are taking sides of the FDA ruling that was shut down by congress of trying to control the ecig market. I closed my account with them and I hope everyone else will do the same to send a message to them.I explained that the FDA was shut down on their attempt to control the market on false information by congress and that because of their apparent liberal decision to follow through with it anyway they have made a 3 million consumer mistake. Write them and tell them why you are shutting down your account and take a stand before it goes any further.We need to stand together on this one.
The following listing has been removed:

181431343545 - Innokin VTR, Stainless Steel with case

We noticed that item(s) offered for sale on this account weren’t listed in accordance with our Tobacco Products policy. We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, or that this may have been a simple oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings and to make sure they don't run into any problems. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.
Due to strict government regulations, eBay doesn't allow the sale of most tobacco products. This includes cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), herbal cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco.

The following items are not considered collectibles, and they are not allowed to be listed or sold on eBay:
- Cigars in cellophane wrapping
- Collectible tobacco, including a listing that describes the tobacco instead of its collectible packaging
- Tobacco products packaged in classic packaging
- Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) or e-cigarette accessories

You may sell collectible packaging that contains tobacco if the package is unopened. Your listing must follow the guidelines below, and the guidelines must be included in the listing. Please refer to the policy page to find the guidelines and disclaimers you need to include in your listing.

If you include photos in your listing, you need to display the actual item for sale. Stock photos are not allowed.

For more information on this policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/tobacco.html

You listed an electronic cigarette or an electronic cigarette accessory. While we appreciate that you have chosen to utilize our site, we must ask that you please not relist in this case. We attempted to call you to go over this information by phone but were unable to reach you.

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information and be sure that future listings follow these guidelines. Keep in mind that if further items aren't listed in accordance with our policy, it could result in additional action including account restrictions or loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Learn more about the reasons why listings are removed:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Thanks,

eBay

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Wow,

Shear ignorance and stupidity aside, does the management of eBay realize that they have just shot themselves in the foot?

Seriously, how much revenue are they going to lose with this stupid policy?

I know there is an E-Cig bid site out there but I cannot remember the name of it.

Last I saw of it, not much I was interested in anyway.

But we really need a place for folks like you to offer your gear and great deals that is very well known.

Time for VJ to get involved?

batman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you just need to add to your listing, that this is not intended for use with nicotine or tobacco products.
some of the vape gear is being used for dry/wax/illicit purpose. ebay seems to be covering there ass

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I really hope that works for you!

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just bought an Atomic from ebay… Like 30 minutes ago...

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't realize any of this was going on with eBay & have never bought any vape gear from eBay. I listed a couple tanks just to try & get rid of them, an iclear 30s, 30b, & a nautilus. I didn't mention ecigs or tobacco & my listing were just removed today with the second email threatening my eBay membership. I just don't understand why mine got removed when there are so many others listed still, I'm not too upset just disappointed in eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hmmm...LightningVapes sells all there wire wick and wares off ebay. Maybe because it is listed under kanthal, but they have a selection of other stuff.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems as if ebay is about to lose quite a bit of revenue.....bad choice for them.

VU Sponsors