Become a Patron!

Ebola Virus Updates, and can it make it's way into e-Juice?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What? Other than no new news? Not 'made up cause we need a conspiracy news', but real news.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Edited so I don't get thrown down the road FlowerPots had to take.

Last edited:

SkyLine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably already been said but I seriously doubt any respected juice manufacturer would sell a batch he sneezed in..

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm seeing a bunch of moderator-deleted posts here. Anybody care to explain? @TygerTyger ?
images

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@SMOKIE are you really concerned about your e-liquid getting contaminated or were you just using a sensationalist title to get attention?

If you are seriously worried about this, then I hope that you have stopped eating at fast food and other restaurants as well as fresh fruits, produce and meat because the chance of you getting ebola from one of those sources is far more likely than you getting it through e-liquid...

As a side note, I'm very disappointed to learn that @kelli was apparently admonished for posting her opinions on the subject, including opinions about the reasons why any person, including a moderator, would post this stuff with the degree of paranoia demonstrated so far. Based on the quotes of her comments and other experience with her posts, I have a difficult time envisioning anything she said could be bad enough to warrant her going back and deleting so much content, even if it was at the level of personal attacks. Given that I have personally been attacked by other users and insulted without any sort of advisements from the moderators to the person posting the messages (at least to my knowledge) I have to wonder if the overwhelming number of moderators are starting to get a bit oversensitive, protective, and restrictive given the extremely loose rules that this forum was founded on and assured to be maintained and protected.

Last edited:

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm seeing a bunch of moderator-deleted posts here. Anybody care to explain? @TygerTyger ?
images

No, I'm afraid I can shed no light on it at this time. Because the posts are still there and simply read "deleted" now, I'm unsure of how they got that way. When I remove a post, it disappears from public view, and I'll post that I've "cleaned" the thread. Mostly we try to avoid removing posts in the first place.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Really...

Especially since it seems the 'scare mongering' that started this was over nothing... nothing at all.

and you know this for a fact?
and this nothing is why our best armed service people are over in Africa now?

let's hope no one else comes down with this nothingness.

thanks @TygerTyger .. i see nothing has been deleted too ;)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Um.. Unless you get your ejuice from West Africa, ya.. it was for nothing...

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing I see deleted is all of kelli's post...but it looks like she deleted all her post in every forum/sub forum. Was she banned or scared off by someone?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just ordered 2 120ml bottles from VaporKick in Keller, TX... I'll report back once I receive it, if I start shitting out my internal organs.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
BREAKING NEWS: Travel From Ebola-Affected Countries
Restricted To Five Airports, Including Newark

The rules begin Wednesday, impacting those arriving in the United States whose travel originates in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea.

All passengers traveling from Ebola-affected countries will be required to fly into one of the five airports - including Newark Liberty - that have the enhanced screening and additional resources in place, the Department of Homeland Security announced Tuesday.

Jeh Johnson, homeland security secretary, announced in a press release that the restrictions will begin Wednesday, impacting travelers arriving in the United States whose travel originates in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea.

Enhanced screening measures have been established at five airports around the country – New York’s JFK, Newark, Dulles, Atlanta and Chicago.

Passengers flying into one of these airports from flights originating in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea are subject to secondary screening and added protocols, including having their temperature taken, before they can be admitted into the United States, Johnson said.

These airports account for about 94 percent of travelers flying to the United States from these countries. Currently, there are no direct, non-stop commercial flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea to any airport in the United States, Johnson said.

“We are working closely with the airlines to implement these restrictions with minimal travel disruption,” Johnson said. “If not already handled by the airlines, the few impacted travelers should contact the airlines for rebooking, as needed.”

The DHS currently has measures in place to identify and screen anyone at all land, sea and air ports of entry into the United States who officials have reason to believe has been present in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea in the preceding 21 days, Johnson said..

“We are continually evaluating whether additional restrictions or added screening and precautionary measures are necessary to protect the American people and will act accordingly,” Johnson said.
54468c0121265.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
My Fellow Americans......
.1902768_10202727900508258_2111013940219754053_n.jpg

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@SMOKIE I have a close friend in Chicago whose girlfriend was in Liberia doing work for grad school when this all started a couple months ago. She was evacuated immediately, this was before stuff got out of hand, but still a bit creepy. She's fine thankfully.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
images

if you are talking about my posts, i deleted them myself. don't blame any moderators please.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Must have missed all this for a reason. "Sleep tight. Don't let the bugs bite.........see ya'll in the morn

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If we think this is anything less than government propaganda I think we are fooling ourselves. These govt organizations DO NOT have the public health in mind! Often, it's quite the opposite. We know this!!! It's all about money. Did you or anyone you know get swine flu, bird flu, or any of their other supposed epidemics? They are fundraisers and liquidation sales!
Yep I got the swine flu, h1n1 virus. I am an er nurse. Some infected person hocked and hacked around me and I got it and was pretty sick. My friend that was pregnant died from it. Her baby survived. Ebola is some scary stuff.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

Umm... A little heads up! We have NO "armed service members" going to Africa... They are ONLY Medic's and from well known source, it's pretty much a 1-Way Ticket! If they get Ebola, they stay in africa! :(

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I will just say it like this... 1.The guy that died in TX wasn't american. 2.The 2 nurses that have Ebola are doing very well 3.There is NO Ebola Outbreak in the US 4.If Anything, YOU WILL DIE FROM THE EBOLA VACCINE more so than Actual Ebola! :mad:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep I got the swine flu, h1n1 virus. I am an er nurse. Some infected person hocked and hacked around me and I got it and was pretty sick. My friend that was pregnant died from it. Her baby survived. Ebola is some scary stuff.
That really truly sucks

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will just say it like this... 1.The guy that died in TX wasn't american. 2.The 2 nurses that have Ebola are doing very well 3.There is NO Ebola Outbreak in the US 4.If Anything, YOU WILL DIE FROM THE EBOLA VACCINE more so than Actual Ebola! :mad:

LOL. I think everyone get's it by now. You are the anti-Ebola crusader. Now can everyone that wants to talk about it carry on?

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
LOL. I think everyone get's it by now. You are the anti-Ebola crusader. Now can everyone that wants to talk about it carry on?

I was pretty much explaining its all bullshit and Scare tactics are old. Plus like stated you have a 99% Chance of dying from Ebola from the "Ebola Vaccine - Releasing end of the year" than the 1% Chance of dying from actual Ebola! BTW @Time here is some info for you! - US Govt Created the Ebola Virus - US/CDC Patent No. CA2741523A1 http://covvha.net/monsanto-invests-in-ebola-virus-with-d-o-d/ and http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2...-will-kill-more-people-than-the-ebola-itself/

The First Link is Better & Trusting :)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was pretty much explaining its all bullshit and Scare tactics are old. Plus like stated you have a 99% Chance of dying from Ebola from the "Ebola Vaccine - Releasing end of the year" than the 1% Chance of dying from actual Ebola!

Don't read them. That's your opinion as you have said many times and you are welcome to have it. The rest of us are grown and can decide what we want to read about and discuss, correct? Or is there some reason we should all adopt your view?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the CDC patent on a strain of ebola known as "EcoBun":

On 9 October 2014, professor of biological sciences at Purdue University and Ebola researcher David Sanders addressed rumors about the CDC's patent on Ebola. Sanders explained that overall the practice of patenting "life forms" is not uncommon for the CDC, noting that patents like the one the CDC holds on the EboBun strain of Ebola can circumvent for-profit patenting as well as facilitate broader research:
The CDC does hold some patents on life forms, but it generally does this for the common good, so a commercial company can't come along and patent it. The CDC lets researchers work with the strain without fees.
Until the Supreme Court's 2013 decision on isolated genetic material, the ambiguity involved made such patents a potential necessity. In light of it the CDC's intent in patenting Ebola appears to be far less nefarious.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/ebolapatent.asp#6Su6DKLU6h3udYGF.99

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Newark Airport Traveler From West Africa Hospitalized For Potential Ebola Exposure

The CDC credited the enhanced screening process for people arriving in Newark in helping identify the potential threat.

A passenger from West Africa traveling through Newark Liberty International Airport was hospitalized Tuesday because of possible Ebola exposure, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

Carol Crawford, a CDC spokeswoman, said in a statement that the passenger was transported to University Hospital in Newark for further evaluation and possible treatment.

She said public health officials will contact other passengers on plane to determine if “there was any risk to the other passengers of exposure to communicable disease.”

She credited the enhanced screening process for people arriving in Newark from Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea in helping identify the potential threat.

All passengers traveling from Ebola-affected countries will be required to fly into one of the five airports - including Newark Liberty - that have the enhanced screening and additional resources in place, the Department of Homeland Security announced Tuesday.

Jeh Johnson, homeland security secretary, announced in a press release that the restrictions began Wednesday, impacting travelers arriving in the United States whose travel originates in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea.

Enhanced screening measures have been established at five airports around the country – New York’s JFK, Newark, Dulles, Atlanta and Chicago.

Passengers flying into one of these airports from flights originating in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea are subject to secondary screening and added protocols, including having their temperature taken, before they can be admitted into the United States, Johnson said.

These airports account for about 94 percent of travelers flying to the United States from these countries. Currently, there are no direct, non-stop commercial flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea to any airport in the United States, Johnson said.

“We are working closely with the airlines to implement these restrictions with minimal travel disruption,” Johnson said. “If not already handled by the airlines, the few impacted travelers should contact the airlines for rebooking, as needed.”

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Umm... A little heads up! We have NO "armed service members" going to Africa... They are ONLY Medic's and from well known source, it's pretty much a 1-Way Ticket! If they get Ebola, they stay in africa! :(
The only armed service personell in Africa are part of AFRICOM and are based in Djibouti. My son was one of them recently as a member of the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, First Infantry Division. That presence has nothing to do with West Africa, or ebola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The only armed service personell in Africa are part of AFRICOM and are based in Djibouti. My son was one of them recently as a member of the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, First Infantry Division. That presence has nothing to do with West Africa, or ebola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okies.. can you explain this? sounds like Air Force there..
i did hear some of our reserves and some from the marines are there, but cant find the links now..
so if you or anyone you know is there.. keep them in your thoughts..

http://instigatornews.com/bombshell-101st-airborne-will-get-hazmat-suits-fighting-ebola-west-africa/

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Virus's are very environment dependent, unlike bacteria.. Ebola can survive 2-14 days (maybe more) outside of a host. The hotter it is, or the more sunshine (radiation) there is, the shorter the survival. Most virus can tolerate cold very well, but suck at tolerating heat. This is why your body heats up and you get a fever.
" This is why your body heats up and you get a fever." Really????? This how a humans body responds to any disease. I do believe this a lot of fear mongering over a disease that has killed less than 3000 people in the past 45 years.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue I stand corrected, even if if were 20,000 since 1976(a very low death toll) there is still a very low risk of pandemic or even large regions of people contracting the disease. The US and Europe can not be compared to the shit hole known as the "Ivory Coast". Hence, fear-mongering.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am seeing a trend of either it's "fear-mongering", "hoax", and or "false flag" statements from folks behind a computer screen, if it is any of those 3 said "trends"...why don't these folks go out and become Investigative Journalists and obtain video and or photo documentation in which proves without a doubt that this is either 3 of said "trends."

Misinformation
Disinformation

To suggest that Ebola Outbreak is nothing to ever so slightly be fearful of is extremely dangerous PERIOD.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stating that the Ebola Vaccine is far more serious is "fear-mongering", so those stating the Ebola Outbreak is pure "fear-mongering" than stating the Ebola Vaccine is far more dangerous than Ebola itself isn't "fear-mongering?"

Huh?

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fear mongering is different than being " ....ever so slightly be fearful of...." If were directly exposed to any strain of hemorrhagic fever, of course I would be afraid. But the chances of that occurring are rare, more rare than winning a huge lottery payoff. This tread has only created more fear than is reasonable, which equals, fear-mongering.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fear mongering is different than being " ....ever so slightly be fearful of...." If were directly exposed to any strain of hemorrhagic fever, of course I would be afraid. But the chances of that occurring are rare, more rare than winning a huge lottery payoff. This tread has only created more fear than is reasonable, which equals, fear-mongering.

Prove to me of all this "fear" cause all I see are links and opinions.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It begs the question to even suggest that one could contract ebola from ejuice. Is that not what the entire thread was originally about? For some people to list source after source, from the most dubious of websites; a lot of these people seem afraid. But, maybe I'm wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first or last time.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Don't read them. That's your opinion as you have said many times and you are welcome to have it. The rest of us are grown and can decide what we want to read about and discuss, correct? Or is there some reason we should all adopt your view?

The COVVHA I'm a member and I constantly read and pay attention to because I am one of them Children! just a little FYI....

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm just waiting for my juice shipped from Texas to get here damnit! I wanna be the guinea pig. Lol. USPS hasn't updated beyond shipping label created since Sunday, I'm hoping they just aren't scanning it, as does happen with them.

VU Sponsors