VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tomorrow Night ECF goes on the chopping block. They will have to defend themselves over their censorship charges. Banning words like vaporjoes, vapingunderground, and others. Me and Lucidious Rage will be representing VU / Vaporjoes. Will ECF send someone to answer these charges?? Will Vaporjoe destroy them live on air? Who knows!

Check this out live tomorrow at 9:00pm EST @ http://vapersplace.com/vplive

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha knock em dead joe.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tomorrow Night ECF goes on the chopping block. They will have to defend themselves over their censorship charges. Banning words like vaporjoes, vapingunderground, and others. Me and Lucidious Rage will be representing VU / Vaporjoes. Will ECF send someone to answer these charges?? Will Vaporjoe destroy them live on air? Who knows!

I doubt they'll respond...

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It should be a first round knock out by VJ/VU

micki

Member For 5 Years
They won't even allow your name to be mentioned over there. Hard to believe they will show up and share the air-waves with you Joe. :cool:

Abbycoolchick

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill be surprised if they show!!! Fingers r crossed they do! Id like to see this

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything us civilians can do to support you?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I will be there!

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
I'll be listening, as usual. Doubt the ECFers will have the balls to show up, though, bullies are cowards.

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I would be very surprised if they answer at all but it ordinarily would be a topic for discussion.
Did you know they also forbid you to use the word "cretin"?
It's been edited out of my pm's for quite a while now which is just silly honestly.
I was given an 8 day ban for posting on a non smoking forum that I belonged to.
When I'd ask why and they simply referred me
to "post # 42" saying "it was against the ToS"......... somehow.
I never did get a satisfactory answer........
C.B.

Last edited:

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
CB, I think most of the ECF moderators would be a little sensitive about the word "cretin" since I'm sure they have been called it a great number of times.

ECF has gone beyond stupid, past crazy and straight into La La Land.

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I did that 5150 and eventually it was deleted I believe.
I just kept asking why such an innocuous word like "cretin" would be banned!?!
C.B.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that GMT -4 or -5? We're currently observing BST where our clocks have gone forward 1 hour. Thanks

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CRETIN - can mean a person with disabilities (did i spell that right ? ) .

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did that 5150 and eventually it was deleted I believe.
I just kept asking why such an innocuous word like "cretin" would be banned!?!
C.B.
it can mean a person with a disability . ( like most at ecf ) so sorry could not pass that one up , so sorry. but it can mean that .

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

C.B.
[/QUOTE]
I would be very surprised if they answer at all but it ordinarily would be a topic for discussion.
Did you know they also forbid you to use the word "cretin"?
It's been edited out of my pm's for quite a while now which is just silly honestly.
I was given an 8 day ban for posting on a non smoking forum that I belonged to.
When I'd ask why and they simply referred me
to "post # 42" saying "it was against the ToS"......... somehow.
I never did get a satisfactory answer........
C.B.

yeah what's up with the pm's being censored? i mean, if they want to censor open posts....whatever. but i really resent my private correspondence being fiddled with.
angry_smiley.gif

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cretin also comes from the bible and was referring to certain communities saying “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cretin also comes from the bible and was referring to certain communities saying “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”

ya know, i could say that about most of the men i have known. just kidding. kinda sorta. :p

zbannerman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Joe, maybe taking the high ground rather than behaving like a spoilt child would be the best course of action - or inaction in fact. This is a nice little forum concerned with electronic cigarettes so no need for unnecessary drama. Drop the ego and "just get over it and move on".

and yes, the word cretin - fool/idiot/jerk - is by definition offensive and "hardly innocuous", however, I had to laugh when i saw some guy justify its use on some cretinous 'biblical' grounds by thinking it meant Cretan, i.e. a person from Crete!!

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I had previously use "cretin" in a pm which are supposedly not seen by staff but I'm not sure I believe that.
Even when I mentioned the word it was in reference to behavior at another forum.
I was not talking about someone with "disabilities" of whom I am one.
C.B.

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host

Hi Joe, maybe taking the high ground rather than behaving like a spoilt child would be the best course of action - or inaction in fact. This is a nice little forum concerned with electronic cigarettes so no need for unnecessary drama. Drop the ego and "just get over it and move on".

and yes, the word cretin - fool/idiot/jerk - is by definition offensive and "hardly innocuous", however, I had to laugh when i saw some guy justify its use on some cretinous 'biblical' grounds by thinking it meant Cretan, i.e. a person from Crete!!

@ zbannerman perhaps you might start with taking your own advice and not trolling others because of a mistake they made?
C.B.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Money cannot buy this much positive publicity for this forum!

driter

Vapor Joe and his moderators have set the tone for his forum. The educational and vapor related content is overshadowed by the hate and discourse that they have molded into the fabric of their forum. This quickly became a vindictive, hate driven, and mob- mentality- driven forum.

I know I'll be flamed for my comments but that is what I see here. The negative publicity about this forum is spreading throughout the vaping community.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flamed? Probably. There area thousands of threads here already that have no taint of vindictive/hate/mob about them whatsoever.

Can you be more spectific about "The negative publicity about this forum is spreading throughout the vaping community"? Or is that just your impression?

zbannerman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree with you Drifter, even though we will get shouted down for it. This so-called community seems set on destroying itself by its pettiness - reviewer at another reviewers throat constantly - whether its trying to hammer dear old Rip to the vendetta between Twisted420 and RebelVapor, and the mud that's slung at Todd all the time. Its a crying shame as they are all trying their best to bring knowledge to us all. Cant we all just get along haha!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As a previous ecf-er, I appreciate the lax rules and worry free environment about being banned for silly infractions.

I think people can behave well without the need to be babysat. I thank you mods for not scrutinizing my convos and posts for so-called illicit matter, but I do hope this banter is reserved to this forum.

Not that anyone needs to answer to me, but is VU going on to discus the banning of this site or to mock them?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sick to death of vaping forums giving their 'official' warnings and deleting posts because I mention a name. 'The Vaping Group' on G+ deleted every post everytime I mentioned riptripper, a vaporjoe deal and many others. It takes a bigger man to stand up, show his face and fight. To say enough is enough. Droves of vapers leave forums because of bullying and no one's got the tenacity to stand up for them //personally if I were network admin here I'd run a few MAC address checks and see what matches. But then they probably actually have :eek:

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, you'd probably find some interesting matches like: username1 posts a single post in the Provari competition thread, while username2 posts in this thread (and only this or similar threads) claiming it's all hate, hate, hate here. LOL!

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have seen this before.....
In one of my other Hobbies, Many supported the project.... then a new forum opened up because a group of individuals were not satisfied with the direction the project was going and decided to take a group and branch out with similar, but different goals.
The group that splintered were Butt-Hurt that they were not in with the "Mainstream" and decided to Ban the name/some members from appearing on their site and squash any talk of the previous site or its progress.
It ended Badly for Both......

Just sayin ...........

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Free Forum is just that. You think what You want, I think what I want. WE both have the right to say it. People including ME think we have made the most important post ever in the history of the world. I read what I want, I make my own judgments. I stand for a Forum where I am free to speak my mind. If you don't like what I say, ignore it. Pretty simple.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As to Mods. There are no rules so all I can figure is they keep the place from catching fire. I go to VJ's every morning to see what goodies I may want. Just blew a cloud out of my now clear lungs that most "cloud Chasers" like me would be proud of. All I can say is, if you don't like it here, get the fuck out. Now Drive through please.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A Free Forum is just that. You think what You want, I think what I want. WE both have the right to say it. People including ME think we have made the most important post ever in the history of the world. I read what I want, I make my own judgments. I stand for a Forum where I am free to speak my mind. If you don't like what I say, ignore it. Pretty simple.
Well said. Thank you

zbannerman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, good point Saddle, why are there moderators on this forum? I want to be free!!

TheCraftyBuckeye

Scrub Tech - Smooth Operator
Flamed? Probably. There area thousands of threads here already that have no taint of vindictive/hate/mob about them whatsoever.

Can you be more spectific about "The negative publicity about this forum is spreading throughout the vaping community"? Or is that just your impression?
@Hermit.....you said "taint".

Censor!!!!!

And I'll stop using the word "cretin" and fall back on "fuckstick".

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapor Joe and his moderators have set the tone for his forum. The educational and vapor related content is overshadowed by the hate and discourse that they have molded into the fabric of their forum. This quickly became a vindictive, hate driven, and mob- mentality- driven forum.

I know I'll be flamed for my comments but that is what I see here. The negative publicity about this forum is spreading throughout the vaping community.
Pull your head out of the asses of the mods and members of the ECF, open your eyes and you might see the light.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors