Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would the medical industries want to end a high percentage of their profits by curing cancer?
Milk every dollar out of each person that you can before they die and out of their estate after they are gone.
It is the Amercian Way.

They do want to keep you alive longer though so they can milk more money out of you and the government.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why would the medical industries want to end a high percentage of their profits by curing cancer?
Milk every dollar out of each person that you can before they die and out of their estate after they are gone.
It is the Amercian Way.

They do want to keep you alive longer though so they can milk more money out of you and the government.
I understand Bob, it's been going on for a long time, prior to world war II.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is the Amercian Way.

That's the same as Big Pharma and the FDA will tell you that herbal remedies etc don't work, or they're toxic or you should only use them for x number of days etc..For every disease that you use herbal supplements or "voodoo" medicine, you're taking money out of their pockets.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the same as Big Pharma and the FDA will tell you that herbal remedies etc don't work, or they're toxic or you should only use them for x number of days etc..For every disease that you use herbal supplements or "voodoo" medicine, you're taking money out of their pockets.
Exactly how it works, Lynn....truly sad.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly how it works, Lynn....truly sad.
Yes it is. I have arthritis in my hands. I've been using turmeric shots with black pepper sprinkled in just before I swallow it because it increases the effectiveness. I went to the Dr before Christmas about it. She wanted to put me on Celebrex and Gabapentin and I said no that I'll just keep using Arthritis strength Tylenol and the turmeric shots. She said that the turmeric should only be used for 7 days at a time because of the buildup. I said if there was a buildup in your body from turmeric the folks in India would be dead now. They use that spice almost every day. It's more beneficial to her for me to take the drugs.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes it is. I have arthritis in my hands. I've been using turmeric shots with black pepper sprinkled in just before I swallow it because it increases the effectiveness. I went to the Dr before Christmas about it. She wanted to put me on Celebrex and Gabapentin and I said no that I'll just keep using Arthritis strength Tylenol and the turmeric shots. She said that the turmeric should only be used for 7 days at a time because of the buildup. I said if there was a buildup in your body from turmeric the folks in India would be dead now. They use that spice almost every day. It's more beneficial to her for me to take the drugs.
Indeed, Lynn....Turmeric is a natural wonder drug, as you well know. Essential oils are fantastic for arthritis and a multitude of other ailments too.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed, Lynn....Turmeric is a natural wonder drug, as you well know. Essential oils are fantastic for arthritis and a multitude of other ailments too.
I'll have to look into the essential oils as I haven't heard much about those. My hands don't give me too many problems if I don't eat too much corn or things with processed sugars. I really have to read labels though. It seems that there is high fructose corn syrup in everything!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a certain foods saltaholic. Eggs and melons have to have salt on them. I do use sea salt or Himalayan pink salt though. I bought a salt grinder years ago and I use that to grind my salts as fine or as chunky as I want. Black pepper is something I use a lot of now that I didn't in the past.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a certain foods saltaholic. Eggs and melons have to have salt on them. I do use sea salt or Himalayan pink salt though. I bought a salt grinder years ago and I use that to grind my salts as fine or as chunky as I want. Black pepper is something I use a lot of now that I didn't in the past.
Oh I did LOVE salt on melons.....:)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is the Amercian Way.

Exactly. I have long had the opinion the Cancer Foundation was set up simply to derive revenue. I also half suspect they do research alright, on how to spread cancer to more people. Then again, I am often confused with being a cynic for some odd reason. Spades are spades, when you see that Diogenes had a clear view that the world is dog eats dog, well call it a shovel, scoop, it's still a spade I think.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly. I have long had the opinion the Cancer Foundation was set up simply to derive revenue. I also half suspect they do research alright, on how to spread cancer to more people. Then again, I am often confused with being a cynic for some odd reason. Spades are spades, when you see that Diogenes had a clear view that the world is dog eats dog, well call it a shovel, scoop, it's still a spade I think.
Morely, the ACA is as corrupt as the government.....:gaah::cuss2::gaah:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I just started using turmeric last week - I had a bunch of tubers I brought back from Hawaii last year that a friend of mine was growing there - very good stuff. My doctor approves

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yep, on Gabapentin myself for sciatic nerve pain and osteoarthritis. Read up on the drug that is also used to control seizures. It was given to my wife for pain of shingles.

I now, need the daily use of Gabapentin. When I wake, I feel shaky as blazes and know it is the nerves attempting to in fact seize me up or go into flailing uncontrollably. I would so love to come off every medication I take, even the testosterone.

When I asked about coming off the testosterone was told my bones would turn to rubber or akin to a baby's. They said it would be worse for me. Up until I was about twenty three my body did not produce any, still only produces minimal on its own.

The congenital condition I am on it for will not be cured or fixed. I will be as I am no matter if I use testosterone or not. It is more of a quality of life medicine, yet it costs now over $100 per daily dose. It used to be $25 per a vial that lasted me nearly three months at a dose every three weeks injected.

It was ruled better to go to daily use. I figure it sure is for those profiting from Medicaid as there's no way I could afford paying for it, even at a fair paying job with at least nominal health insurance, not that insurance would even cover it as it would be deemed preexisting.

Then, of course, I'm on an anti-depressant due in part to the congenital condition having rewired my nervous system. My nerves did not develop stuff that is like the conductive glue between the synapses since my pituitary gland did not develop correctly either. Yes, the congenital disorder is genetic but not in the sense that I got it from family exactly. Means that lots of different aspects of my body, biochemistry is a bit askew from normal.

Of course, life situation doesn't help with depression, anxiety and borderline p.t.s.d. I do not officially have p.t.s.d as a diagnosis simply because I refuse to accept it as one, it's there sure but I rather not have yet another label and for sure not that one, bad enough I am listed as having mental disorders but nothing that can be pinned down. NOS I think they describe it as being, it's a fancy acronym meaning they're not really sure what's wrong but know something is indeed.

Aw well. Getting late for me. I'm also not desiring to seem to come over as a victim. That is not my plight in life. If anything the adversities for me led to more a desire to be a survivor, to adapt, to live. I am only presenting what is for what it is for me. I have accepted a bit, but accepting doesn't mean I like it. *smh* "Well piss, ..." Night.

As a side note, I just built a Velocity deck with dual Clapton coils at a net of 0.30 Ohms. Talk about good vaping. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am sure you realize the obviousness in your reply. You are correct in
more ways than face value. Never have chosen between two such notions,
in anything or means.

So, I agree. There's no reason to choose one or another. It is fine to
like and enjoy both.

Nice to know I at least have something right after this evening. Had a
couple of our dogs taken by the dog warden. All the paper work claims
cruelity and neglect but that isn't why we we're told they got taken.

I understand the why. I am disagreeing though over the situation of it.
Too much of it seems to run foul of what I know is right.
I'm sooooooo sorry

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm sooooooo sorry

Not your fault. Some folks are bound and determined to be jerks. I do
have harsher names for them but will keep those private.

The dog warden tells me one our dogs scared the neighbor's wife. She had
to go out to save her dog from being attacked by mine. Well, I can see
possibly one of my dogs attacking a littler dog out of insecurity.

Sherlock, is so skid-dish he might do that. Point being though he is so
skid-dish too, he is afraid of people except me. Well, allegedly this
lady is pregnant and was "oh so frightened by one of my dogs chasing
her".

Like my wife says, our dogs would stop thirty foot from her, she'd still
claim being chased and frightened. My dogs too, if a person speaks in a
stern tone to them will stop, turn and back away tail between legs in
knowing they're doing wrong. I saw that more than once.

As for them getting their chickens, well first there is no leash law
county living. Second the dog warden told me if the wife over there said
they were aware of their chickens getting out of the pen, then losing
chickens technically was on them for not fixing their pen. The wife did
tell that too.

I also offered to make amends on two of the chickens, just in case it
was my dogs what got them. Each time I was met with very aloof attitude,
told to not worry about it. So, I figured after trying to do right twice
and being told to not worry about it, well then I wouldn't worry about
it.

The thing about it with the chickens, or any livestock in this area
really is we have a host of predators. We got raccoon, possum, fox,
coyote, wolf, bear, snakes, possibly mountain lion or lynx. Any of these
at any given could have gotten the chickens.

I'm not excusing my dogs, that they didn't get chickens. They might
have. I don't know affirmative or negative, would not say either way but
still would have tried making amends just to honor fairness.

So, I guess when he comes ripping in and smokes his tires we'll call the
law. When he's out in his garage after ten PM and blaring music,
knocking and working, we'll call the law. If his chickens get out and
come over on our property, we'll call the law.

I had been very civil and tried to be at least half nice toward them. I
see now that was a mistake. I even brought up a little beach type ball
that kept blowing over into the bottom, it is for one of their kids, I
would toss it back over into their yard. Nope, not anymore. Their little
kid can gft if they lose their ball.

I'm hoping to get our pen fixed up to house our dogs, if we can get them
back. Matter of fact, heading out in just a few moments to start
working on the pen. Been at it for three or four days now. We just have
to patch it best we can as we cannot afford pouring a slab and setting
up 8 foot high chain link fencing as a 'proper' kennel.

Not you fault either we're dirt poor. It is just life being life. I
would fight it directly if it could be fought directly. I'm sure that
bat I got will help. :) Check my profile page to see what I mean.

You run 'er slow dahlin. :hug: :wave: :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not your fault. Some folks are bound and determined to be jerks. I do
have harsher names for them but will keep those private.

The dog warden tells me one our dogs scared the neighbor's wife. She had
to go out to save her dog from being attacked by mine. Well, I can see
possibly one of my dogs attacking a littler dog out of insecurity.

Sherlock, is so skid-dish he might do that. Point being though he is so
skid-dish too, he is afraid of people except me. Well, allegedly this
lady is pregnant and was "oh so frightened by one of my dogs chasing
her".

Like my wife says, our dogs would stop thirty foot from her, she'd still
claim being chased and frightened. My dogs too, if a person speaks in a
stern tone to them will stop, turn and back away tail between legs in
knowing they're doing wrong. I saw that more than once.

As for them getting their chickens, well first there is no leash law
county living. Second the dog warden told me if the wife over there said
they were aware of their chickens getting out of the pen, then losing
chickens technically was on them for not fixing their pen. The wife did
tell that too.

I also offered to make amends on two of the chickens, just in case it
was my dogs what got them. Each time I was met with very aloof attitude,
told to not worry about it. So, I figured after trying to do right twice
and being told to not worry about it, well then I wouldn't worry about
it.

The thing about it with the chickens, or any livestock in this area
really is we have a host of predators. We got raccoon, possum, fox,
coyote, wolf, bear, snakes, possibly mountain lion or lynx. Any of these
at any given could have gotten the chickens.

I'm not excusing my dogs, that they didn't get chickens. They might
have. I don't know affirmative or negative, would not say either way but
still would have tried making amends just to honor fairness.

So, I guess when he comes ripping in and smokes his tires we'll call the
law. When he's out in his garage after ten PM and blaring music,
knocking and working, we'll call the law. If his chickens get out and
come over on our property, we'll call the law.

I had been very civil and tried to be at least half nice toward them. I
see now that was a mistake. I even brought up a little beach type ball
that kept blowing over into the bottom, it is for one of their kids, I
would toss it back over into their yard. Nope, not anymore. Their little
kid can gft if they lose their ball.

I'm hoping to get our pen fixed up to house our dogs, if we can get them
back. Matter of fact, heading out in just a few moments to start
working on the pen. Been at it for three or four days now. We just have
to patch it best we can as we cannot afford pouring a slab and setting
up 8 foot high chain link fencing as a 'proper' kennel.

Not you fault either we're dirt poor. It is just life being life. I
would fight it directly if it could be fought directly. I'm sure that
bat I got will help. :) Check my profile page to see what I mean.

You run 'er slow dahlin. :hug: :wave: :)

Have a neighbor like that. Some reason or other he is scared of me now. Showed him exactly how much of a prick I can be when pushed. Now he runs inside every time he see's me outside :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have a neighbor like that. Some reason or other he is scared of me now. Showed him exactly how much of a prick I can be when pushed. Now he runs inside every time he see's me outside :giggle:

Well, I didn't want to resort to being a prick. I rather be the fun loving "a-hole" neighborly type what gets along with others, minds his own as he needs, helps mend fences or what not.

But .... I'm quite sure I can accommodate being a bigger effing prick, since they do seem to .... insist.

I'll watch the lines to not go over but will damn sure push the envelope to the point it's clear I'm the quiet, bad mofo you don't want ticked off at you.

Which in a way if I'm honest is me honestly. Lots of times there's conversation going on, I might have a different view. I go to talk and it's like those old E.F. Hutton commercials. Everyone goes silent, waits, listens. They know I won't repeat, know I'll be clear and will be willful in what I say and usually have a valid point or two of merit. I don't speak out otherwise really. Again, kind of like the buck deer hanging back watching the does, fawns.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Off to see the Doctor.
Which one?
maxresdefault.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I didn't want to resort to being a prick. I rather be the fun loving "a-hole" neighborly type what gets along with others, minds his own as he needs, helps mend fences or what not.

But .... I'm quite sure I can accommodate being a bigger effing prick, since they do seem to .... insist.

I'll watch the lines to not go over but will damn sure push the envelope to the point it's clear I'm the quiet, bad mofo you don't want ticked off at you.

Which in a way if I'm honest is me honestly. Lots of times there's conversation going on, I might have a different view. I go to talk and it's like those old E.F. Hutton commercials. Everyone goes silent, waits, listens. They know I won't repeat, know I'll be clear and will be willful in what I say and usually have a valid point or two of merit. I don't speak out otherwise really. Again, kind of like the buck deer hanging back watching the does, fawns.

I usually try to keep the piece with most of my neighbors. I live in the country for a reason and my property is around 350ish feet wide so I have plenty of room to not bother anyone and for anyone to not bother me. I will wave at them and they will wave at me and thats about it. We all like to keep to ourselves out here but this one neighbor I have when he bought the property next to me he seemed to think he owned everything in sight. No no no, we dont play that way. One day when I was out of town at work the gf went somewhere, seen she forgot something and turned around. When she got home she found this neighbor in my yard behind my shed. He was looking for things to steal is my belief so it was time to put some fear into his ass. We went tit for tat for a short while until he threatened to harm one of my dogs. I invited him into my yard and whipped him like a red headed step child. He been scared shitless of me since :giggle:
He did call the cops on me for that one but the gf was in her bikini that day and she is not a bad looking woman at all. The cop showed up, talked to (oogled) her for a few minutes, she came got me and I talked with him, we all decided he was on my property and I had the right to defend myself and problem went way :teehee:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which planet you had to fly to in order to find a Dr who specialized in your particular alien anatomy?
Ohh it is close enough to human that they will not notice. Well except for the brainz....

DR. told me I am gonna die....

In around 30 years or so.

I did not tell her that I had been dead several times before.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I usually try to keep the piece with most of my neighbors. I live in the country for a reason and my property is around 350ish feet wide so I have plenty of room to not bother anyone and for anyone to not bother me. I will wave at them and they will wave at me and thats about it. We all like to keep to ourselves out here but this one neighbor I have when he bought the property next to me he seemed to think he owned everything in sight. No no no, we dont play that way. One day when I was out of town at work the gf went somewhere, seen she forgot something and turned around. When she got home she found this neighbor in my yard behind my shed. He was looking for things to steal is my belief so it was time to put some fear into his ass. We went tit for tat for a short while until he threatened to harm one of my dogs. I invited him into my yard and whipped him like a red headed step child. He been scared shitless of me since :giggle:
He did call the cops on me for that one but the gf was in her bikini that day and she is not a bad looking woman at all. The cop showed up, talked to (oogled) her for a few minutes, she came got me and I talked with him, we all decided he was on my property and I had the right to defend myself and problem went way :teehee:

Well, there was roughly three acres here before the wife's grandfather
sold the 'cove'. It is the end piece off the property that gives access
across the creek to an area we used to corn *ahem* just to be nice to to
the wildlife, deed honest. Nah, we weren't drawing in deer, turkey, nope
not us. :)

So, they bought this end piece, roughly hm, three quarters of an acre.
Built themselves a house that got flooded their first year in it. Creek
does that in years we get bad rains. We're used to it and just clean up
best we can if it gets in here.

Father in law went up to offer our help to them. They refused. That's
alright too. We had no desire to go help clean more but at least we were
nice enough to offer.

We still have around two acres or so, bottom land and a hill. No real
level ground at all. Possibly could level out a spot in the bottom to
build new but well, you know. If we did, we would do so in manner that
let us not be concerned of flooding.

It can be done, put a house on stilts, piers and also build up a levy
causeway to divert flooding. I understand the basic concepts of doing
that and would pitch in as general labor. Still that's a pipe dream off
along with the pie in the sky.

This is part in parcel why I am looking for means to generate quick
revenue. No, not exactly looking for "get rich quick" but at the same
time, need something I can switch gears into. I'm getting too ragged to
be only "general labor", clumsy at any given then add in zany random
nerve fits.

I know what 'top flight' professional is, been pushed to do that by the
best in the navy. You give 120% then keep on doing that 24/7/366 because
yes you add another day when everyone else goes home.

I would do around 140% because I needed to compensate. Now, I'm lucky
to see doing 80%. Sure that might be fine for 'regular' folk but it is
a hindrance for having been at that higher level, and it's the knowing
that tears me down, the switch that stays on. *sighs* You know well what
I'm saying and not saying.

Then, you get jerk neighbors. I've always used the negative to
do positive. Hard to find a conversion for this. I'll do it, but
begrudgingly. That's also what it is to be professional, you let jerks
continue breathing your air. It'll come back 'round I'm sure of that. :)

So, I'm going to eventually get learning this Cobol stuff. Been hectic
here recently. I'm doing the best I can, two hands only.

Well, going to get some supper. :) Run 'er slow. :hug: :) :wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
UTI
And needing new prescriptions for Flexoril and Naproxen.

A muscle relaxer? *chuckles* Reminds me of seeing a doctor once to get a dislocated shoulder popped back in.
As it happened the doctor was a lady and decided to not to help by physically manipulating the shoulder back into place. Her comment, "oh, you would know it if you dislocated a shoulder. Yours isn't."

I sat there on the little exam cot with my finger tips dragging the floor & in bad pain. The other arm was fine, finger tips around my waist at the lowest. Gee, I had no idea what I was there to have help with at all. ...

She prescribed Flexoril, I think Vicoden, a long hot shower and three days bed rest. At least I didn't feel it pop itself back in, not sure I remembered it either given I kept blacking out either from pain or from being so doped up. Reckon it did go back in place though.

Funny how some doctors can be.

VU Sponsors