Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd say some shit like "Typical woman" but with 2 daughters, a wife, and.. well, never mind that.. Anyways, I'm sensitive to that bullshit.

I never can get the last word with my husband. As long as I keep on, he'll keep on. I figured out a long time ago that the best way to answer his continual ranting is to turn the music up REALLY REALLY LOUD. :giggle: STP's Plush or Wicked Garden are great choices for that sort of thing. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do we get to talk about dolphins? Or sex? Or for that matter accidental dolphin butt sex?

Of course. :)

@Boden, I agree with the words Believe & Should for the same reasons as you. o might suggest adding must, it is a trick word to compel someone to accept your will asserted over theirs. "You must come to a complete stop when you see Mr. Friendly Officer." "You must eat the pork feet before you can have the cake."

Generally, I am highly skeptical. I was brought up going to Mennonite Summer Bible school for two weeks out of the Summers as a boy. Mom never had any of us baptized, fully brought into anything. She did think we owed her respect to at least have a basic understanding of Christianity until we turned 18. Then, it was our own choice. I thought of Gnosticism recently yet have ultimately decided being atheist suits. Anyone can leave or take as they choose, far as I'm concerned, not that I'm any authority. My way suits me, yours suits you, we can all be on our merry. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of course. :)

@Boden, I agree with the words Believe & Should for the same reasons as you. o might suggest adding must, it is a trick word to compel someone to accept your will asserted over theirs. "You must come to a complete stop when you see Mr. Friendly Officer." "You must eat the pork feet before you can have the cake."

Generally, I am highly skeptical. I was brought up going to Mennonite Summer Bible school for two weeks out of the Summers as a boy. Mom never had any of us baptized, fully brought into anything. She did think we owed her respect to at least have a basic understanding of Christianity until we turned 18. Then, it was our own choice. I thought of Gnosticism recently yet have ultimately decided being atheist suits. Anyone can leave or take as they choose, far as I'm concerned, not that I'm any authority. My way suits me, yours suits you, we can all be on our merry. :)

I was raised in the Methodist church, but departed xtianity completely when I was 23. My family still think I'm a "heretic." I allowed my son to go to church with them when he was a child, because I thought it important for him to learn about the predominant culture of America, if for no other reason than to answer those questions correctly on Jeopardy, but I refused to allow him to be baptized or join any church; I told him that when he was 18, he could choose his own path, but until then, I was in charge of his spiritual learning, and I wouldn't let him become a "member" of a path that has more questions than answers, and answers every question with "the will of god" as if any human being could ever know anything about that. :facepalm:

I do believe in a Divine Presence, a Higher Power, which many call God, but my beliefs are more about karma; total freedom and total responsibility -- you get what you pay for, you pay for what you get; you get what you need, and you need what you get. That can be a hard and cold belief, but it's the only thing that's ever made the least bit of sense to me. If one always tries to live up to their own highest ideals, to do the next right thing, it leads to far more happiness than trying to follow something from a book written 1500-2000 yrs ago, by MEN.

Anything truly divine would not be jealous; that's a human failing, a smallness of soul that is completely antithetical to anything divine.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was raised in the Methodist church, but departed xtianity completely when I was 23. My family still think I'm a "heretic." I allowed my son to go to church with them when he was a child, because I thought it important for him to learn about the predominant culture of America, if for no other reason than to answer those questions correctly on Jeopardy, but I refused to allow him to be baptized or join any church; I told him that when he was 18, he could choose his own path, but until then, I was in charge of his spiritual learning, and I wouldn't let him become a "member" of a path that has more questions than answers, and answers every question with "the will of god" as if any human being could ever know anything about that. :facepalm:

I do believe in a Divine Presence, a Higher Power, which many call God, but my beliefs are more about karma; total freedom and total responsibility -- you get what you pay for, you pay for what you get; you get what you need, and you need what you get. That can be a hard and cold belief, but it's the only thing that's ever made the least bit of sense to me. If one always tries to live up to their own highest ideals, to do the next right thing, it leads to far more happiness than trying to follow something from a book written 1500-2000 yrs ago, by MEN.

Anything truly divine would not be jealous; that's a human failing, a smallness of soul that is completely antithetical to anything divine.

Andria

You say that like it made for some BIAS. Now you just get in the kitchen and make your man a sammich like the Good Book says you should, Andria! ;)

I hear our weaknesses projected on to God all the time by fellow religious people. I always want to snort.

"Give him thanks and praise!" Yeah, I think he gets by now that we give him thanks on our good days, and wonder WTF he was thinking on our worst. And praise? Like he needs OUR friggin praise! I'm pretty sure he knows he's a bad motorscooter... OH NO, I didn't Capitalize He. Goin to hell for THAT one..

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now, I don't remember for sure how the whole dolphin thing got started, but I know it wasn't me, and somehow I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was you that made the first dolphin comment. Or Hank. Or maybe Moo. Or for that matter it coulda been Doc. But I know it wasn't me, I'm too innocent.

Not I. I watched dolphins have sex before but never had a desire to join them in the act :giggle:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, I don't remember for sure how the whole dolphin thing got started, but I know it wasn't me, and somehow I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was you that made the first dolphin comment. Or Hank. Or maybe Moo. Or for that matter it coulda been Doc. But I know it wasn't me, I'm too innocent.

That was ALL @doc_iguana

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was brought up going to Mennonite Summer Bible school for two weeks out of the Summers as a boy. Mom never had any of us baptized, fully brought into anything. She did think we owed her respect to at least have a basic understanding of Christianity until we turned 18. Then, it was our own choice. I thought of Gnosticism recently yet have ultimately decided being atheist suits. Anyone can leave or take as they choose, far as I'm concerned, not that I'm any authority. My way suits me, yours suits you, we can all be on our merry. :)

I was raised by a mom who is a Jehovah Witness and a father who was a Christian Scientist. My sister and I wasn't really allowed to go to any church when we was kids yet the folks tried to give us Sunday religion discussions. Talk about fucked up :gaah:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was raised by a mom who is a Jehovah Witness and a father who was a Christian Scientist. My sister and I wasn't really allowed to go to any church when we was kids yet the folks tried to give us Sunday religion discussions. Talk about fucked up :gaah:
Yep....you hit the nail Doc....that is kinda fucked up....:giggle:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Inspects. As long as I get to take my happy pill a couple times a day I am doing a lot better :D

They wanna go back in and look at my heart again in about a week. Another angiogram but I am keeping a positive outlook on it.

Hows things going with you?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Inspects. As long as I get to take my happy pill a couple times a day I am doing a lot better :D

They wanna go back in and look at my heart again in about a week. Another angiogram but I am keeping a positive outlook on it.

Hows things going with you?
Hope the angiogram shows everything is working correctly.....damn you been to hell and back....thank god for the happy pills.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Heretic from the ancient Greek means simply one that has a different opinion. In the case of Christianity it implied to hold the opinion that the Holy Roman Catholic Church was wrong, in attempting to have only one universal Christianity and not various sects or clans of it. The word is rooted from Heraclitus of Ephesus, who was the original heretic, possibly even the original Gnostic.

total freedom and total responsibility -- you get what you pay for, you pay for what you get; you get what you need, and you need what you get. That can be a hard and cold belief, but it's the only thing that's ever made the least bit of sense to me.

Have to agree with this view as well, granted we do accept help here. I understand though that in some manner or form we, me and my wife or our family/ies have bought/paid into that system of help. Yes, I have studied up on how that system of help came about and not sure I like it. It is what it is though and yes, we're grateful of what it offers, also frustrated with its failings and seeing it abused. Me and her try our best to muddle through.

What does it have to do with vaping? Well, in vaping I maintain a heretical view from my government & a good portion of society. As though I need further means/rationale to exacerbate being one on the outs. ;) Suppose we all come to a point where we accept ourselves as we are, warts and all & if it upsets others well, chips fall where they fall. Always have appreciated If by Kipling, Inviticus by Henley, Illusions by Bach reckoning now why.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do we get to talk about dolphins? Or sex? Or for that matter accidental dolphin butt sex?
Glad to see the thread is making the transition smoothly. Have a great evening, all.
tumblr_o5g1nyrHLu1ukgesfo1_250_zpsopdb2iay.gif

VU Sponsors