Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm prepping the house for what is likely to be another surgery for Mr. Juicy - his man cave is out of control :bomb:

I'm the slob around here -- if ONLY I was as organized as the mate! :facepalm: I'm a virtual Pigpen, my mess kinda follows me, wherever I go. It's kinda like Einstein's hair, I like to think -- brilliant man, couldn't keep her hair combed to save his life. :D That's my house. :D

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm the slob around here -- if ONLY I was as organized as the mate! :facepalm: I'm a virtual Pigpen, my mess kinda follows me, wherever I go. It's kinda like Einstein's hair, I like to think -- brilliant man, couldn't keep her hair combed to save his life. :D That's my house. :D

Andria

"Einstein's hair" analogy. ...writing that down...

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Andria
Some study (can't remember which) has shown that smarter people do tend to leave things more messy. I'd like to believe it ;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

No one has ever accused me of being a neat freak - ever - but he is out of control pigpen style. It's all I can do to keep it contained.

Think I'm getting pissy because I still work full-time and he is retired, and brings a lot of his health problems on himself that he uses as an excuse to be slovenly

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No one has ever accused me of being a neat freak - ever - but he is out of control pigpen style. It's all I can do to keep it contained.

Think I'm getting pissy because I still work full-time and he is retired, and brings a lot of his health problems on himself that he uses as an excuse to be slovenly

I used to be a lot worse, but my husband's natural organization kinda shames me into at least making a *little* effort. :D And in one way, I'm right on top of it, every damn day: the dishes. Because I like to eat, which means I have to cook, and that's a lot easier when you have clean dishes and utensils. Also I HATE waking up to a sinkful of dirty dishes! YUCK!! :D With laundry, I take it by spells, because I don't want to run any smaller than a medium load, it's too wasteful, and on low water level, my machine tends to over-suds. So I wait till I have pretty much full loads of all the major color groups, then go nuts for a couple days, getting it all done.

But in "my own space," I'm a slob of the FIRST order:

vapemess.jpg

deskmess.jpg

And BTw, the sign on the wall in the upper-right of the above pic says this:
kitchensign.jpg

Except it's either: read a book, or get on the internet, rather than lying down, these days. :D

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

If I'm reading the analogy tea leaves right, watcher saying is you married a genius.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MyFreedomSmokes' Virginia is what got me off cigarettes. Later, I discovered Tobacco Express Virginia, which makes a very decent DIY Virginia. If I still wanted a flavor like that, I'd use Tobacco Express Virginia, some INW Virginia Tobacco Absolute... and just a *barely-there hint* of something like cinnamon-spiced apple cider -- but no sweetener; in fact, I found that a hint of "Bitter Wizard" did the trick, of making the vape less sweet and more cigarette-ish. That's pretty much exactly how I was able to come up with a very vapable Virginia that required no steeping.

Andria
I don't DYI...Yeah I know I probably should.Anyhow again thanks much...Cheers!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't DYI...Yeah I know I probably should.Anyhow again thanks much...Cheers!

That's amazing. I got sick of the excessive markup on ejuice pretty much right away... within 6 months of starting to vape. Then I was using WTA, and it just kinda led to full-scale DIY, one step at a time: I had already been mixing ejuices to create my own custom blends -- that's how I got the idea of the cinnamon-spiced cider for the Virginia. Oak Barrel Cider was actually the first ejuice I ever bought, because I sampled it at the store, and something about it rang a bell; it was a lot sweeter than my smokes of course, but I think that juice is based on Virginia, but it hits the spice/fruit notes really hard.

I was still occasionally buying Blueberry Muffin from sweet-vapes, until July 8 when the FDA shit hit the fan and they had to discontinue their store brand -- which I was able to order at 80% or 90% PG, unlike all premade juice. Fucking gov't, damn bunch of nanny knowitalls too greedy for money to be useful to anyone. They could literally fuck up a wet dream.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's amazing. I got sick of the excessive markup on ejuice pretty much right away... within 6 months of starting to vape. Then I was using WTA, and it just kinda led to full-scale DIY, one step at a time: I had already been mixing ejuices to create my own custom blends -- that's how I got the idea of the cinnamon-spiced cider for the Virginia. Oak Barrel Cider was actually the first ejuice I ever bought, because I sampled it at the store, and something about it rang a bell; it was a lot sweeter than my smokes of course, but I think that juice is based on Virginia, but it hits the spice/fruit notes really hard.

I was still occasionally buying Blueberry Muffin from sweet-vapes, until July 8 when the FDA shit hit the fan and they had to discontinue their store brand -- which I was able to order at 80% or 90% PG, unlike all premade juice. Fucking gov't, damn bunch of nanny knowitalls too greedy for money to be useful to anyone. They could literally fuck up a wet dream.

Andria
The last bit of that reminds me of something.

76d41bb145315ebdb322f2fed6bf331d.jpg

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wonder what it going to happen in Indiana, now that their Legislature is coming to it's senses are rewriting the protectionist - and monopolistic - vape store laws that Putz/Pence gave his blessing to. I wonder if any of the businesses that closed will reopen? (Really hoping so.)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder what it going to happen in Indiana, now that their Legislature is coming to it's senses are rewriting the protectionist - and monopolistic - vape store laws that Putz/Pence gave his blessing to. I wonder if any of the businesses that closed will reopen? (Really hoping so.)
Last I saw they were only going to allow 3 more juice makers. And some new security outfits once they pass certifications....

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be nice, although odd that Trump of all people might help us vapers.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it isnt out of control, then it is not a real man cave :D

If you need only a cave to be confined in, wonder if you're a man? ;) :)

This kind of goes along with my thought on a new tell lie vision advert for some new drug to quit smoking. This guy says, "well, I finally came out of my man shell and admitted I needed help."

I sit there and think, "what, you need a "man shell"? You couldn't simply admit you're addicted to cigarettes? Do you realize the stupidity you just asserted on yourself?" Then, I also stop and consider the source. It comes from Rockefeller's & Bayer AG's Big Pharmacopoeia, of course they want to present possible clients as stupid and inferior.

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to be a lot worse, but my husband's natural organization kinda shames me into at least making a *little* effort. :D And in one way, I'm right on top of it, every damn day: the dishes. Because I like to eat, which means I have to cook, and that's a lot easier when you have clean dishes and utensils. Also I HATE waking up to a sinkful of dirty dishes! YUCK!! :D With laundry, I take it by spells, because I don't want to run any smaller than a medium load, it's too wasteful, and on low water level, my machine tends to over-suds. So I wait till I have pretty much full loads of all the major color groups, then go nuts for a couple days, getting it all done.

But in "my own space," I'm a slob of the FIRST order:

View attachment 75225

View attachment 75226

And BTw, the sign on the wall in the upper-right of the above pic says this:
View attachment 75227

Except it's either: read a book, or get on the internet, rather than lying down, these days. :D

Andria
As long as YOU know where everything is then who cares x

Grooty to the max
Juicy, how are you feeling ?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You gonna get that Voltrove? 41mm!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Grooty to the max

:) Yes, Bob. In the Unix / Linux / BSD operating systems root is the administrator's user account, which is granted full privileges over any other users on that particular system be it a network or simply a single computer. I am root om my own home desktop mini-server based in Debian Gnu/Linux. I also have one regular. plain old dumb loser ... erm .... user. More than not I run the system and its applications as that plain old user, root is a big elephant gun one hopes to avoid using simply for avoiding 'accidents'.

I had noted something 'different' in some log files now, yesterday morning. Traced out the problem & ahem sorted some plain old dumb Windows user out. Minor hint here, I've not used Windows in over a decade. The 'intrusion' was minor at best. Somebody was 'joy riding' with some Windows CygiWin which gives limited access to some *nix style utilities and 'bumped' into my system. Think maybe they tried cracking the 'root' user. * a resounding dry evil maniacal laughter fills the air but Morely is not laughing *

1. Cracking my root user is nigh impossible as it is secured beyond most government / military / intelligence standards. I know so for having relationships with some of those types and conversations where things unsaid speak volumes.

2. My system links outward to a few others and they get a notice of idiots well, being idiots.

3. I kind of somewhat do what is dubbed software development, not 'professionally' but only 'piddling'. Nonetheless one might infer that I might ponder solutions.

So, I was recalling that I am indeed root. Like I noted, it's big gun, requiring a lot of responsibility and restraint at times.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:) Yes, Bob. In the Unix / Linux / BSD operating systems root is the administrator's user account, which is granted full privileges over any other users on that particular system be it a network or simply a single computer. I am root om my own home desktop mini-server based in Debian Gnu/Linux. I also have one regular. plain old dumb loser ... erm .... user. More than not I run the system and its applications as that plain old user, root is a big elephant gun one hopes to avoid using simply for avoiding 'accidents'.

I had noted something 'different' in some log files now, yesterday morning. Traced out the problem & ahem sorted some plain old dumb Windows user out. Minor hint here, I've not used Windows in over a decade. The 'intrusion' was minor at best. Somebody was 'joy riding' with some Windows CygiWin which gives limited access to some *nix style utilities and 'bumped' into my system. Think maybe they tried cracking the 'root' user. * a resounding dry evil maniacal laughter fills the air but Morely is not laughing *

1. Cracking my root user is nigh impossible as it is secured beyond most government / military / intelligence standards. I know so for having relationships with some of those types and conversations where things unsaid speak volumes.

2. My system links outward to a few others and they get a notice of idiots well, being idiots.

3. I kind of somewhat do what is dubbed software development, not 'professionally' but only 'piddling'. Nonetheless one might infer that I might ponder solutions.

So, I was recalling that I am indeed root. Like I noted, it's big gun, requiring a lot of responsibility and restraint at times.

Well SUDO to you too! :teehee:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think I want a few more Goon RDA. I might also like one or two more Coppervape kits. to stash. If I could get a nice deal on it, possibly a 55 gallon barrel of Vaper 4 Life's Classic Chicago Smoke. At ~$20 per 30ml though I'll stick with unflavored which I can mix or have mixed for ~$20 per 256ml. Buy 0 mg nicotine based 'samples' in 15ml bottles to use as flavor blends added to the unflavored when I do feel like having something different.

On a note of caution. Everyone please use care handling 32 awg wire. I had a small bit of it slip itself into my finger. Did not notice it until a day or two later. Noticed like a blister from maybe a splinter well up. Went to getting the at the time 'it' out of there. Took me a bit to think 'ya know it might be metal' and use a magnet. The magnet drew the wire out alright.

Then, I had three big 'rocks' of cellulose pop up out of the finger much to my painfully felt chagrin. Went to the GP for a routine six month check up, told her about it. Told her I hoped it hadn't gone to blood poison. She chuckled. "What are we doing with him," she asked my wife. I got a course of antibiotics to finish out. Yes, it was blood poison. So, yes please do be cautious with the 32 awg wire.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well SUDO to you too! :teehee:

*chuckles*

$ su - <CR>
$ password: I will type my password in the clear here for Bob to use.<CR>
$ rm -fR /<CR>
$ Are you sure? (Y/N)
$ Y

Tried last week a command I could not figure out why it didn't work.

$ sudo make coffee
$ no target found
$ sudo make coffee tee me
$ cannot stat me further see coffee (1)

Sent that to my wife via instant message. She got a good chuckle. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
*chuckles*

$ su - <CR>
$ password: I will type my password in the clear here for Bob to use.<CR>
$ rm -fR /<CR>
$ Are you sure? (Y/N)
$ Y

Tried last week a command I could not figure out why it didn't work.

$ sudo make coffee
$ no target found
$ sudo make coffee tee me
$ cannot stat me further see coffee (1)

Sent that to my wife via instant message. She got a good chuckle. :)

I see your problem :D

$ sudo apt-get install coffee

$password ******

$wine ./setup-brew.exe

:giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see your problem :D

$ sudo apt-get install coffee

$password ******

$wine ./setup-brew.exe

:giggle:

*chuckles* I'm screwed then. Do not like using Wine.

Guess I could always program a brew.el file and byte compile it for use in emacs. M+c+b = Coffee Brew Mode.
And if I can do it in Lisp, can do it in vim script. defun{ cb = <ESC>:%!brew { coffeefmt("half scoop sugar, half scoop creamer, stir") endfun} }<CR> noremap <F7>:cb nnmap <f7>:cb .

:giggle::giggle::p:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY :D

Been frying up chicken all afternoon and its almost done. Yall come get ya some :teehee:

I'm making "Andria Potatoes" this evening (potatoes, ham, peas, onions, cheese sauce)... and was reaching for the lid to my pyrex dish so I can put the whole shebang in the oven... and knocked one of my 2-cup pyrex measuring cups off onto the ceramic tiles... busted pyrex ALL OVER THE FUCKING KITCHEN. :facepalm: My husband is going over the whole kitchen with his shop-vac, since all the little shards had cheese sauce on them! :facepalm: the only mercy was that the stupid fucker hit the rug first, then bounced onto the tile, so the glass explosion was confined to the kitchen, rather than exploding all over into the desk/dining area too. :facepalm:

Now I'll have to get another 2-cup pyrex, damn it all to hell; got one, but that's the size i use most, so one won't do.

Motherfucking SHIT!
Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm making "Andria Potatoes" this evening (potatoes, ham, peas, onions, cheese sauce)... and was reaching for the lid to my pyrex dish so I can put the whole shebang in the oven... and knocked one of my 2-cup pyrex measuring cups off onto the ceramic tiles... busted pyrex ALL OVER THE FUCKING KITCHEN. :facepalm: My husband is going over the whole kitchen with his shop-vac, since all the little shards had cheese sauce on them! :facepalm: the only mercy was that the stupid fucker hit the rug first, then bounced onto the tile, so the glass explosion was confined to the kitchen, rather than exploding all over into the desk/dining area too. :facepalm:

Now I'll have to get another 2-cup pyrex, damn it all to hell; got one, but that's the size i use most, so one won't do.

Motherfucking SHIT!
Andria

Feel your pain Andria :gaah:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Motherfucking SHIT!
Andria

Did that last week with a brand new bottle of taco hot sauce. Took it out the bag and then somehow knocked it off the counter and had glass and hot sauce everywhere. Cleaned it up and vacuumed the whole place. Didnt want Rascal to get glass in his paws.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
*chuckles* I'm screwed then. Do not like using Wine.

Guess I could always program a brew.el file and byte compile it for use in emacs. M+c+b = Coffee Brew Mode.
And if I can do it in Lisp, can do it in vim script. defun{ cb = <ESC>:%!brew { coffeefmt("half scoop sugar, half scoop creamer, stir") endfun} }<CR> noremap <F7>:cb nnmap <f7>:cb .

:giggle::giggle::p:D

Mine would be a lot easier. Screw the sugar, screw the creamer. I like it black and bitter :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, right after I posted that, I succumbed to the worst asthma attack I've had in 30 yrs. Not sure what brought that on, but maybe a combination of dust out the exhaust of the shop vac, which was blowing on me here at the desk, and the hyperventilation from being so fucking upset. It required about 90 mins of sitting leaning forward, legs spread, arms braced on legs, which takes the weight and pressure off the lungs, but it finally passed, so no e-room visits tonight. Good thing, they charge a goddamned fortune. As I told my husband, it's a damn good thing I don't smoke anymore, or I'd have been going NUTS -- 2 hrs without vaping, towards the end I was wanting it, but it wasn't like the craving for a cigarette.

It also puts the daily PITA struggles with my asthma in perspective: yes, pain in the ASS, but not life threatening. A REAL asthma attack is TERRIFYING.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, right after I posted that, I succumbed to the worst asthma attack I've had in 30 yrs. Not sure what brought that on, but maybe a combination of dust out the exhaust of the shop vac, which was blowing on me here at the desk, and the hyperventilation from being so fucking upset. It required about 90 mins of sitting leaning forward, legs spread, arms braced on legs, which takes the weight and pressure off the lungs, but it finally passed, so no e-room visits tonight. Good thing, they charge a goddamned fortune. As I told my husband, it's a damn good thing I don't smoke anymore, or I'd have been going NUTS -- 2 hrs without vaping, towards the end I was wanting it, but it wasn't like the craving for a cigarette.

It also puts the daily PITA struggles with my asthma in perspective: yes, pain in the ASS, but not life threatening. A REAL asthma attack is TERRIFYING.

Andria
Thankfully your alright now.Take care of yourself.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

That does sound terrifying

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'm vaping a little now, but I'm very carefully NOT inhaling... Even though the attack seems to be over, and my lungs are at equilibrium, it would be much too easy to slip back into gasp-mode, this soon after a major attack -- as I said, good thing I no longer smoke, because I'd be wanting to, and probably trying to, and maybe not doing too well. Or I'd be going completely crazy, NOT smoking. In future when he's running the shop-vac, I plan to be FAR away from it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For what it's worth: I have a HEPA filter for my Sears shop vac. You may want to see if that's an option for yours.

It's probably just better if I keep well away from the thing. It's noisy anyway, and with my bat-ears, that's rather painful.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Police: Kentucky woman took off clothes, ran with track team

CORBIN, Ky. (AP) Police say a Kentucky woman has been charged with indecent exposure after allegedly taking off her clothes and running with a boy's high school track team at their practice.

Media outlets report 26-year-old Julie Leger of London also was charged Friday with disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting arrest.

Corbin police spokesman Capt. Coy Wilson says Leger scaled a fence and started running with the Corbin High track team. Wilson says when officers arrived, Leger had returned back over the fence and into a parking lot and resisted them when they tried to put her into a police cruiser.

Wilson says police asked the public to help identify her because Leger had no identification and ``didn't know who she was.''

She was taken to a hospital for treatment. It wasn't immediately known whether Leger has an attorney.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Police: Kentucky woman took off clothes, ran with track team

CORBIN, Ky. (AP) Police say a Kentucky woman has been charged with indecent exposure after allegedly taking off her clothes and running with a boy's high school track team at their practice.

Media outlets report 26-year-old Julie Leger of London also was charged Friday with disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting arrest.

Corbin police spokesman Capt. Coy Wilson says Leger scaled a fence and started running with the Corbin High track team. Wilson says when officers arrived, Leger had returned back over the fence and into a parking lot and resisted them when they tried to put her into a police cruiser.

Wilson says police asked the public to help identify her because Leger had no identification and ``didn't know who she was.''

She was taken to a hospital for treatment. It wasn't immediately known whether Leger has an attorney.

Hmmmm. Kentucky. Wonder if she was terrified from a guy yelling at her to keep off the lawn and was traumatized :giggle:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I'm vaping a little now, but I'm very carefully NOT inhaling... Even though the attack seems to be over, and my lungs are at equilibrium, it would be much too easy to slip back into gasp-mode, this soon after a major attack -- as I said, good thing I no longer smoke, because I'd be wanting to, and probably trying to, and maybe not doing too well. Or I'd be going completely crazy, NOT smoking. In future when he's running the shop-vac, I plan to be FAR away from it.

Andria

Glad you OK now. :)

VU Sponsors