ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok folks..I need your help. On April 19th, I have to take a blood test to test for cotinine. If I don't take it, or if it's positive then I'll have to pay a surcharge of $60 a month to keep my insurance at work. First, I have to get rid of all the nicotine thats stored in my body so I can have a negative result. Anyone?

:headbang:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Exactly!! I told the people that I don't smoke..I vape. They asked if there was nicotine in the eliquid and I said yes. Well, they said, you're a smoker. :cuss2::gaah::cuss2::gaah: No, I'm NOT!! :xD:
And what gets me is 3/4 of the people who work there are overweight. Not just a couple of pounds but in the 75-125 lbs overweight. But they pick on vapers. :mad:

That one always gets me - :soapbox: I mean, talk about a self-inflicted health hazard

And what about the drinkers? They incur all kinds of health costs in the long run

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly!! I told the people that I don't smoke..I vape. They asked if there was nicotine in the eliquid and I said yes. Well, they said, you're a smoker. :cuss2::gaah::cuss2::gaah: No, I'm NOT!! :xD:
And what gets me is 3/4 of the people who work there are overweight. Not just a couple of pounds but in the 75-125 lbs overweight. But they pick on vapers. :mad:
Yep, I've found folks who weight 75-125 lbs over usually seem to think their point of view is normal, but actually far from normal or they wouldn't be grotesquely obese in the first place......:crazy:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I've found folks who weight 75-125 lbs over usually seem to think their point of view is normal, but actually far from normal or they wouldn't be grotesquely obese in the first place......:crazy:
But the company is more concerned over nicotine consumption than obesity. NRT's are a big no-no there. Light nicotine usage is actually beneficial, obesity is only beneficial to whomever is the beneficiary of your life insurance policy,

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But the company is more concerned over nicotine consumption than obesity. NRT's are a big no-no there. Light nicotine usage is actually beneficial, obesity is only beneficial to whomever is the beneficiary of your life insurance policy,

Scientists tell us addictions are diseases (obesity, smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc) but they are treated as character flaws at best, criminal at its worst

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lynn, I've heard that the supplement called Golden Seal is a good way to "purify".. back when my husband had to take pee tests for that other stuff. :D

The thing that gets me about obesity is that if you say anything about it, everyone has a hissy fit about the obese person's self-image and self-esteem... WHAT ABOUT THEIR FUCKING LIFE?!?!?!!?!? If they die of the MANY AND VARIED things that obesity can cause and aggravate, WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR DAMN SELF-ESTEEM AND SELF-IMAGE!!!!!!!!! They won't have any, if they're dead! If they really cared about their self-esteem, why'd they eat themselves into morbid obesity?!?!?!?!

And I still want to know why they never bothered about their weight when they were 10,20,30,40,50, or 75 lbs overweight... THEY JUST FUCKING NOTICED IT WHEN THEY HIT 100 LBS OVERWEIGHT?!?!?!?!?! And they want to play the victim card????? They're a victim of THEMSELVES!!!!!!! 10 lbs isn't really much a big deal to lose. 20 is a little harder, but not impossible by any stretch, ditto 30. When you get to the 40-50 lb range that needs to be lost, now you really need some medical nutrition supervision, because that's a serious health risk just being that overweight, and trying to lose it is both hard, and medically challenging. But no, they don't bother doing a single thing about it until they get FREAKISHLY MORBIDLY obese, and then just want to play the victim card and worry about their goddamned self-esteem, and that is fucking ridiculous when you're that overweight.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just tells you the intelligence level at that pop stand.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lynn, I've heard that the supplement called Golden Seal is a good way to "purify".. back when my husband had to take pee tests for that other stuff. :D

The thing that gets me about obesity is that if you say anything about it, everyone has a hissy fit about the obese person's self-image and self-esteem... WHAT ABOUT THEIR FUCKING LIFE?!?!?!!?!? If they die of the MANY AND VARIED things that obesity can cause and aggravate, WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR DAMN SELF-ESTEEM AND SELF-IMAGE!!!!!!!!! They won't have any, if they're dead! If they really cared about their self-esteem, why'd they eat themselves into morbid obesity?!?!?!?!

And I still want to know why they never bothered about their weight when they were 10,20,30,40,50, or 75 lbs overweight... THEY JUST FUCKING NOTICED IT WHEN THEY HIT 100 LBS OVERWEIGHT?!?!?!?!?! And they want to play the victim card????? They're a victim of THEMSELVES!!!!!!! 10 lbs isn't really much a big deal to lose. 20 is a little harder, but not impossible by any stretch, ditto 30. When you get to the 40-50 lb range that needs to be lost, now you really need some medical nutrition supervision, because that's a serious health risk just being that overweight, and trying to lose it is both hard, and medically challenging. But no, they don't bother doing a single thing about it until they get FREAKISHLY MORBIDLY obese, and then just want to play the victim card and worry about their goddamned self-esteem, and that is fucking ridiculous when you're that overweight.

Andria
I decided in 1998 that I was tired of smoking..didn't want it anymore so I quit..cold turkey. And it wasn't that bad. I had the mind set to quit and I did. But...I never lost that hand to mouth urge, nor the meal never ends thing so I ate. I went from 105lbs soaking wet to 185lbs in about 2 years. I looked at myself in the mirror one day and decided that I didn't like the way I looked, the way my clothes fit and even the fact that I had to buy plus sizes. So a friend was doing Weight Watchers, invited me to go with her to a meeting. I was hooked! I did the Weight Watchers program for almost a year. Lost 65lbs and developed a whole new way of eating, cooking and exercise regime. I now eat until I feel full then stop. And if I overindulge, then I know that means an extra mile of walking to compensate.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Scientists tell us addictions are diseases (obesity, smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc) but they are treated as character flaws at best, criminal at its worst

True dat. No one has any control over their genetic legacy, and if a good many of your forebears had addiction issues and/or weight issues, you're probably going to have some issues along those lines yourself. I think the only time it really becomes a "character flaw" is when you see and recognize the problem... and then refuse to do a single thing about it. I knew I was an alcoholic years before I quit drinking, but somehow I kept thinking I could somehow "beat it." My liver informed me otherwise, with those 3 day hangovers I was having in my last 90 days as a drinker, until I finally had to accept it: I was powerless over alcohol, just like the 1st step stays, and the longer I continued beating my head against that fact, the more I was going to suffer, and my loved ones along with me.

My aunt and I are the only members of our very large extended family who have not become obese, and until recently, were the only members who were not diagnosed diabetics. She's now been given a diagnosis of "pre-diabetes", which I think can probably be chalked up tp heredity -- it *gallops* thru our family -- and her age: she's 84 yrs old. Both us have a *tendency* to slenderness, with long slender bones, and high metabolisms in our youth, but both of us have had to come to grips with our diet, as we each passed menopause, and learned what most other women learn much younger: it takes WORK to remain slender, when your metabolism isn't a raging housefire. But just because something is challenging doesn't make it not worth doing. I intend to remain slender-ish, by whatever means I can; it really doesn't have much to do with vanity, I'm too old for that shit; it has everything to do with 1) health -- obesity is a killer, and 2) comfort -- too much *me* just isn't comfortable to carry around!

I was 2 lbs lighter at my doc visit the other day, than at my asthma checkup in December; with my extremely-lessened appetite since I've been sick and now taking antibiotics, I'm hopeful I can finally get back under 140 lbs. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
True dat. No one has any control over their genetic legacy, and if a good many of your forebears had addiction issues and/or weight issues, you're probably going to have some issues along those lines yourself. I think the only time it really becomes a "character flaw" is when you see and recognize the problem... and then refuse to do a single thing about it. I knew I was an alcoholic years before I quit drinking, but somehow I kept thinking I could somehow "beat it." My liver informed me otherwise, with those 3 day hangovers I was having in my last 90 days as a drinker, until I finally had to accept it: I was powerless over alcohol, just like the 1st step stays, and the longer I continued beating my head against that fact, the more I was going to suffer, and my loved ones along with me.

My aunt and I are the only members of our very large extended family who have not become obese, and until recently, were the only members who were not diagnosed diabetics. She's now been given a diagnosis of "pre-diabetes", which I think can probably be chalked up tp heredity -- it *gallops* thru our family -- and her age: she's 84 yrs old. Both us have a *tendency* to slenderness, with long slender bones, and high metabolisms in our youth, but both of us have had to come to grips with our diet, as we each passed menopause, and learned what most other women learn much younger: it takes WORK to remain slender, when your metabolism isn't a raging housefire. But just because something is challenging doesn't make it not worth doing. I intend to remain slender-ish, by whatever means I can; it really doesn't have much to do with vanity, I'm too old for that shit; it has everything to do with 1) health -- obesity is a killer, and 2) comfort -- too much *me* just isn't comfortable to carry around!

I was 2 lbs lighter at my doc visit the other day, than at my asthma checkup in December; with my extremely-lessened appetite since I've been sick and now taking antibiotics, I'm hopeful I can finally get back under 140 lbs. :)

Andria

Yeah, out of control addiction runs in my veins on both sides of the family

Basically there are two kinds: extremely fat religious freaks, and skinny smokers who are also alcoholic/drug addicts

I was in the skinny drug addict smoker category :giggle:

Kicked drugs first, decades later cigarettes, but started gaining weight about two years ago. But, I have lost 14 pounds since January, about another 20 to go. I've almost made peace with the ridiculous diet dr put me on - especially since my RA settled back down thanks to the no grains or cereals. About two weeks ago I woke up and jumped out of bed without one single moan or groan, lol

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
But big pharma sells pills for all that shit.....

What a coincidence - and none of them work

Now connect the dots and...

That's why you can't just proudly claim "I'm using the patch!" if you fail a pee in a cup test. At least they are smart enough to know you sure as shit are gonna relapse on conventional NRT. So no warm fuzzy bonus insurance points to be had there.

No matter which way you bend over don't forget to smile...

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a blood test. And I'm also reading that lots of water, oranges and/or orange juice, eating foods like broccoli, kiwi and spinach help flush it out too.

Dunno about that, since the majority of nicotine is metabolized in your liver. Unless any of that stuff can turbo charge the metabolism of nicotine I don't see how it would help.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had quite a few herbal cigarettes the other day. We were filming a scene set in the 80's and they needed some people to "smoke" to look the part. Nasty nasty nasty. Total reminder of why I vape.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Been quite some time but I did on rare occasion enjoy smoking cloves. Liked the spicy and sweet taste.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RIP Chuck

I do not mean this to appear as though I am some "snowflake" or anything. Still, news of his death is a reminder of someone closer to home. My grandma turned 90 last week & from what mom has been conveying recently she is in the 'end' stage of her 'Old Timer's'. :(

Yes, I will be sad. I will also be happy too. She will be at peace. :) Death is as much a part of living as the mud which comes after the rain.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not mean this to appear as though I am some "snowflake" or anything. Still, news of his death is a reminder of someone closer to home. My grandma turned 90 last week & from what mom has been conveying recently she is in the 'end' stage of her 'Old Timer's'. :(

Yes, I will be sad. I will also be happy too. She will be at peace. :) Death is as much a part of living as the mud which comes after the rain.

Pretty much I feel about my mom's death. She's no longer in pain, or suffering physically in any way, and thank god for that; we may not have gotten along, but it just killed me to see how much pain she had to endure every single day.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, out of control addiction runs in my veins on both sides of the family

Basically there are two kinds: extremely fat religious freaks, and skinny smokers who are also alcoholic/drug addicts

I was in the skinny drug addict smoker category :giggle:

Kicked drugs first, decades later cigarettes, but started gaining weight about two years ago. But, I have lost 14 pounds since January, about another 20 to go. I've almost made peace with the ridiculous diet dr put me on - especially since my RA settled back down thanks to the no grains or cereals. About two weeks ago I woke up and jumped out of bed without one single moan or groan, lol

Y'know, it's interesting, about my mother's family. I had long assumed that my own addiction issues were courtesy of my dad's contribution to my gene pool; he was a recovering alcoholic himself, and most of his family are drinkers or addicts of some type.

My mom's parents were extremely devout fundamentalists, Methodists actually so nothing terribly extreme in their beliefs, but they were devout right to the bone, and there was never any drinking in their home, nor at any extended-family gatherings until years after their deaths. It had long been known that one of my maternal grandfather's brothers was a compulsive gambler who had gambled away the "home place" in Cleveland, GA, but it was considered a freak, a fluke... but now I'm not so sure. My mother had cirrhosis of course, and she was definitely a "high functioning alcoholic"; ditto that for her next-oldest brother, who died of cirrhosis. One of my first cousins had to have a liver transplant a few yrs ago, thx to advanced alcoholism and cirrhosis; one of his sister's sons has been struggling with alcoholism for some years now, in fact Kay (my cousin, the extended-cousin's mother) talked to me about it at my mom's funeral. My family tends to be very private and closed-mouthed, so I don't know if any of my other cousins' families have been visited by this scourge, but at this point, it wouldn't really surprise me.

So it seems that if a person's spiritual beliefs are such that they simply don't drink, then they never actually know if this problem is part of their legacy or not; once there is some distance away from the fundamentalist beliefs and some drinking (or other addictive behavior) appears, the propensity for this problem begins to appear. It's an interesting if sometimes heartbreaking puzzle.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a profit driven thing with the insurance company.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, it's interesting, about my mother's family. I had long assumed that my own addiction issues were courtesy of my dad's contribution to my gene pool; he was a recovering alcoholic himself, and most of his family are drinkers or addicts of some type.

My mom's parents were extremely devout fundamentalists, Methodists actually so nothing terribly extreme in their beliefs, but they were devout right to the bone, and there was never any drinking in their home, nor at any extended-family gatherings until years after their deaths. It had long been known that one of my maternal grandfather's brothers was a compulsive gambler who had gambled away the "home place" in Cleveland, GA, but it was considered a freak, a fluke... but now I'm not so sure. My mother had cirrhosis of course, and she was definitely a "high functioning alcoholic"; ditto that for her next-oldest brother, who died of cirrhosis. One of my first cousins had to have a liver transplant a few yrs ago, thx to advanced alcoholism and cirrhosis; one of his sister's sons has been struggling with alcoholism for some years now, in fact Kay (my cousin, the extended-cousin's mother) talked to me about it at my mom's funeral. My family tends to be very private and closed-mouthed, so I don't know if any of my other cousins' families have been visited by this scourge, but at this point, it wouldn't really surprise me.

So it seems that if a person's spiritual beliefs are such that they simply don't drink, then they never actually know if this problem is part of their legacy or not; once there is some distance away from the fundamentalist beliefs and some drinking (or other addictive behavior) appears, the propensity for this problem begins to appear. It's an interesting if sometimes heartbreaking puzzle.

Andria

On the religious side - mine take it to extremes, no matter which flavor they choose.

Put it this way, none of my relatives are snake handlers (that I know of) but they admire those with that kind of conviction and see it as an ordinary act of faith

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On the religious side - mine take it to extremes, no matter which flavor they choose.

Put it this way, none of my relatives are snake handlers (that I know of) but they admire those with that kind of conviction and see it as an ordinary act of faith

Yeah, Methodists are nothing like that -- a Methodist service is kind of a snoozefest. :giggle: They even laugh at Baptists. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
On my dad's side, they are a bunch of holy rollers

On my mom's side, they were barely practicing Russian Orthodox - and they partied hard. Then when I was a teenager, my grandma let some nice young men wearing suits and riding bicycles into the house one day and ruined my life.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you look at the history of the Methodist church, it kinda makes sense. The Anglican church, Church of England, started because Henry VIII wanted a divorce... but that church isn't really all that different from Catholicism, they have much the same practices and such. Along came Methodism in the 18th cent, in England, and it basically just stripped the Anglican church bare of most of its "high church" trappings, but the name itself indicates that it kept much the same liturgical basis -- the Method. You can set a watch by a Methodist service; one hour, always, and each segment has a certain place and amount of time. It's very rote and "Methodical". But, like many Catholic and Anglican churches, most Methodist churches are very richly appointed; marble and gold, or fancy woodwork, and always, cushioned pews -- and no kneelers. They sit or stand, never kneel, except up around the altar rail for communion, which is always the first Sunday of every month.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, still find myself being atheist. For me it is a soft and non-militant atheism. That noted please do not assume despite my actions at times, that I am unethical, immoral or lacking standards. I am ethical, moral, got standards come to find out.

Also do not presume affinity of atheism excludes my holding to some form of spirituality. I am spiritual in as much as I think the eternal and immortal flame of change/flux has a spirit in conjunction with our cosmos/es(?). This is kind of a Jungian ideal for my part, we are all one and one is all, also rather Hermetic / Gnostic. Such thought processes crosses over many if not all religions, yet I choose none for none. Religion failed/s imparting what it needs impart imho & gets lost to human idea/ls and corrupted.

This may be why I hold respect for most religions. Granted some i do hold in very low esteem. Will keep that private though as rather not be seen as someone who advocates division, I am not such a person. Nor am I abusive, save for being a little country boy gruff around the edges and even that isn't abusive. I am a moderate even to moderates, or at least I diligently attempt being.

In short, i am an atheist for sure. I am also for sure the ultimate fence sitter, propped astraddle the fence ever-borne & ever more. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For me it is a soft and non-militant atheism. That noted please do not assume despite my actions at times, that I am unethical, immoral or lacking standards. I am ethical, moral, got standards come to find out.

I agree and have been a non-believer since I was old enough to think for myself

From my view, it seems the folks who believe (and there are many of them) that a person cannot be moral or ethical without the threat of hell are the ones who use religion as a substitute for other addictions, rather than a spiritual enlightenment or whatever

Organized religion is a racket

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But, like many Catholic and Anglican churches, most Methodist churches are very richly appointed; marble and gold, or fancy woodwork, and always, cushioned pews
Most of my life was spent in the Methodist Church and the only one I was ever in that would qualify as richly appointed was the one that was built by the Studebaker family. Maybe different in some places, but in general the ones I've been in are fairly modest.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My beliefs are more Eastern; karma, reincarnation, reality is subjective, and your reality is what your consciousness makes it. I've found this to be true in my own life; when I got sick and tired of the crappy circumstances of my young adulthood, filled as it was with drugs and alcohol and all that goes with them, I set about eliminating the negative influences, and observing a fairly strict code of personal ethics; since then, my life has improved by leaps and bounds. None of it was free, and the improvements weren't fast; I paid for every blessing I currently enjoy, with all the suffering that goes along with the type of lifestyle I enjoyed in my early-mid 20s. Many would find this a logical progression, but to me it was a spiritual progression; if you try to give out to the world only positivity, that is generally what comes back to you: karma. I once told my mom that my own "personal religion" could be defined as "trying to do the next RIGHT thing." I have no delusion of knowing "God's Will," but I've a pretty good idea that it doesn't include me dying of drink or drugs or general stupidity. :D That is my own path; what others find as their path is none of my affair, and I would never presume to know what is right for any other person; I also don't tolerate meddling with my path or the beliefs that lead me along it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Most of my life was spent in the Methodist Church and the only one I was ever in that would qualify as richly appointed was the one that was built by the Studebaker family. Maybe different in some places, but in general the ones I've been in are fairly modest.

Here in ATL, most Methodist churches resemble palaces with enormous steeples. :D I've seen a very few more modest Methodist churches, but not too many. They always have a "building fund," and their members always contribute generously to it, so their edifices tend to be quite splendid.

Andria

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, still find myself being atheist. For me it is a soft and non-militant atheism. That noted please do not assume despite my actions at times, that I am unethical, immoral or lacking standards. I am ethical, moral, got standards come to find out.

Also do not presume affinity of atheism excludes my holding to some form of spirituality. I am spiritual in as much as I think the eternal and immortal flame of change/flux has a spirit in conjunction with our cosmos/es(?). This is kind of a Jungian ideal for my part, we are all one and one is all, also rather Hermetic / Gnostic. Such thought processes crosses over many if not all religions, yet I choose none for none. Religion failed/s imparting what it needs impart imho & gets lost to human idea/ls and corrupted.

This may be why I hold respect for most religions. Granted some i do hold in very low esteem. Will keep that private though as rather not be seen as someone who advocates division, I am not such a person. Nor am I abusive, save for being a little country boy gruff around the edges and even that isn't abusive. I am a moderate even to moderates, or at least I diligently attempt being.

In short, i am an atheist for sure. I am also for sure the ultimate fence sitter, propped astraddle the fence ever-borne & ever more. :)

Sounds like you are more agnostic then athiest ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atheism is a religion to some.
To me it is just not believing in a supreme being or an afterlife.

Believe whatever you want as long as it does not impact me negatively.

Politics is kind of a faith based religion to many it seems.

Humans are such pack mentality creatures.

I am just me and like it that way.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Amen Bob

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My beliefs are more Eastern; karma, reincarnation, reality is subjective, and your reality is what your consciousness makes it. I've found this to be true in my own life; when I got sick and tired of the crappy circumstances of my young adulthood, filled as it was with drugs and alcohol and all that goes with them, I set about eliminating the negative influences, and observing a fairly strict code of personal ethics; since then, my life has improved by leaps and bounds. None of it was free, and the improvements weren't fast; I paid for every blessing I currently enjoy, with all the suffering that goes along with the type of lifestyle I enjoyed in my early-mid 20s. Many would find this a logical progression, but to me it was a spiritual progression; if you try to give out to the world only positivity, that is generally what comes back to you: karma. I once told my mom that my own "personal religion" could be defined as "trying to do the next RIGHT thing." I have no delusion of knowing "God's Will," but I've a pretty good idea that it doesn't include me dying of drink or drugs or general stupidity. :D That is my own path; what others find as their path is none of my affair, and I would never presume to know what is right for any other person; I also don't tolerate meddling with my path or the beliefs that lead me along it.

Andria

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well, I was gonna say Amen, but now that Lucy said it I'm afraid that would make me part of the pack mentality, so instead, in the words of the great Prophet Bob, "Get off my lawn"

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I was gonna say Amen, but now that Lucy said it I'm afraid that would make me part of the pack mentality, so instead, in the words of the great Prophet Bob, "Get off my lawn"

Smite the heathen Philistines from thine grass and from thine neighbor's lawn and surely peace and purity will reign

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The biggest problem is there is so many flavors of so called Christian religion that it is mind boggling, so I look at their beliefs instead and usually get a good chuckle. I consider myself a Christian but belong to no faith. I believe but as an adult you could probably count on two hands the amount of times I been to an actual religious service.

People are going to believe what they want to believe and that is their business, not mine. Like Bob, as long as it doesn't affect me, I really dont care.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The biggest problem is there is so many flavors of so called Christian religion that it is mind boggling, so I look at their beliefs instead and usually get a good chuckle. I consider myself a Christian but belong to no faith. I believe but as an adult you could probably count on two hands the amount of times I been to an actual religious service.

People are going to believe what they want to believe and that is their business, not mine. Like Bob, as long as it doesn't affect me, I really dont care.

A bigger problem by far is the general assumption in America that christianity is the only religion there is. It ain't.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I try to stay abreast of whats going on and from what I am seeing, the fear and hatred isnt coming from the christian religions. What I do see is a lot of fear mongering and hatred torwards christian religion and really it doesnt make sense to me.

Show me one single muslim bakery that was persecuted for refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay marriage. Just one. There is a few youtube videos where people went into muslim bakeries and asked for one and was insulted and thrown out, yet not once have they been persecuted for it. Only the christian bakers or florist. Hatred against anyone christian is starting to run rampant.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hatred against anyone christian is starting to run rampant.
How many mosques and synagogues have been bombed, burned or vandalized just because they are Muslin or Jewish places of worship? Now how many churches have experienced the same thing just because they are Christian places of worship? Yeah, I'm not seeing this "hatred" towards Christianity.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most religions NEED to feel persecuted it seems.

Non believers in the USA are discriminated against more than christians.
We are demonized.
I live in the bible belt and if one proclaims they are an atheist, good luck getting a job many places.
I just kept my mouth shut while those around me in the work place proselytize their religion.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Most religions NEED to feel persecuted it seems.

Non believers in the USA are discriminated against more than christians.
We are demonized.
I live in the bible belt and if one proclaims they are an atheist, good luck getting a job many places.
I just kept my mouth shut while those around me in the work place proselytize their religion.

Same in GA for those with "non-traditional" (in the US!) beliefs. Though my beliefs are VERY traditional anywhere that buddhism is popular.

Andria

VU Sponsors