Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fucking HUGE T-storm here, knocked out our directv 10 mins into Bones. I decided it was the better part of wisdom to turn off my pc, so now I'm on my phone. Farkin hate trying to type with one finger. :mad:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking HUGE T-storm here, knocked out our directv 10 mins into Bones. I decided it was the better part of wisdom to turn off my pc, so now I'm on my phone. Farkin hate trying to type with one finger. :mad:

Andria
I always type with one finger. At a time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not me, I'm a touch typist, usually sound like a teletype. :D Throw in my long, diamond-hard nails, and letters on my keyboard don't last long. In fact I'm cuurently in need of ordering some new stickers for them from ebay.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my pc's been off for almost a half hour now, and i think i feel the onset of withdrawal. :D

And my cat is hiding from the big booms in the footwell of my desk. :giggle:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow - and yes, stainless will work just fine in wattage mode on that KF

Thought about getting that too, but am saving up for more squonk gear, lol

I just got talked out of getting the Peerless RDA for squonking. (And for good reasons.) So does that count as saving up for more squonk gear?

It sure is purty though. Sigh....

I just have to sit on my hands until mid April - still want that Reo P67 when they are ready.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just got talked out of getting the Peerless RDA for squonking. (And for good reasons.) So does that count as saving up for more squonk gear?

I just have to sit on my hands until mid April - still want that Reo P67 when they are ready.

Absolutely counts as saving for more gear!!!! :D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Very much so, lol

Save for that P67 for reals though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say so - that would have been a $130.00 sale in a vape shop. :giggle:
Was not an issue on the cost since that was less than the cost of 1 months worth of cigs.
Got me to looking online though.
I live in KY cigs are cheap here, was like $32/carton for Pyramid red 100's. so at 1.5 pk/day....

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

And no one is going to ask the question - what finger that might be? :rolleyes:

Not me, I'm a touch typist, usually sound like a teletype. Throw in my long, diamond-hard nails, and letters on my keyboard don't last long. In fact I'm cuurently in need of ordering some new stickers for them from ebay.
Andria

I grew up in the era when typing was a mandatory course in high school, I think. Or maybe it was just that school. Or maybe it was only if you were taking college entrance courses.

Anyway, one of the few useful things I ever got out of high school. They letters on my keyboards is mostly worn off. As long as my index fingers can find those raised nubbins on the F and J keys I'm good.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And no one is going to ask the question - what finger that might be? :rolleyes:

I grew up in the era when typing was a mandatory course in high school, I think. Or maybe it was just that school. Or maybe it was only if you were taking college entrance courses.

Anyway, one of the few useful things I ever got out of high school. They letters on my keyboards is mostly worn off. As long as my index fingers can find those raised nubbins on the F and J keys I'm good.

I took typing in high school, but I cheated, and looked. :D After my son was born, I took some biz courses at a small school in MI, and finally learned to really type -- and most of the time, I don't look. But, when I need to correct a typo, I do look, and then, not being able to see the letters means sometimes I hit the wrong key over and over -- it's not that I don't know where they are, just my fingers get stupid sometimes and get placed wrong or something.

It's also not at all helpful that most PC keyboards do NOT have proper layout and spacing for a touch-typist, so once I find one that has a reasonable facsimile of proper letter spacing, I hang on to that puppy till I wear out the spacebar. :giggle: Only had this one for a few months now, so it's probably good for at least another 6 or so -- which will likely mean two more applications of stickers; it's already had one application of them, and this particular brand and model of cheapie keyboard is usually good for at least 3 applications before the spring in the spacebar wears out.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Who didn't? We all had to start somewhere. But we had a nun constantly wandering the aisles and issuing "corrections."

I was always so glad not to be catholic, those nuns are scary, like fierce humorless penguins with sticks. Never made a bit of sense to me, why someone religious would be so joyless, and determined to drive everyone they encountered as far away as possible. Seems like they really oughta be all smiles like used car salesmen.

I found it sufficient motivation as an adult that the typewriter I learned on had blank keys, so I had to keep my eyes on the QWERTY diagram at the front of the room. When I got to the point that I was dreaming of typing, actually typing away on the bedcovers, I knew I had turned a corner. :) Then in the early 90s, I was a regular at Atlanta Chatline, a live chat multiline BBS that ran a constant trivia game in the chat channel... not only did the answer have to be right, it had to be spelled and typed correctly. :D I became unbeatable, unless there were one or two other fast-typing trivia buffs in the channel. :D

Andria

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thx for the reassurance about the stainless, y'all -- wanted to make sure I wasn't totally off-base, with that idea.

And wow is right -- this is the first authentic Kayfun I've ever seen that I might actually afford -- $70 is only double what I spent on my first KFL+ clone, a nice Tobeco. I've heard that the authentic Kayfuns *really are* worth the extra money, so I figured it was a good time and good price to actually find out for myself. Since I've been lowering the amount of flavoring I use, I might actually be able to use a kayfun again, *IF* I can get a really flavorful vape out of it; I thought the stainless+rayon might offer me a better chance than my usual kanthal+cotton. But worst case, I'll be passing my kayfuns on to my son, once I get him going good with vaping, so even if i can't get anything i consider satisfactory out of it, it's worth it to pass on to him.

Andria
be sure to build your coil close to the air hole, this will give you the best flavor out of it. About 1-1.5mm above it I'd say.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning. :coffee: Seems vanilla piroulines have settled what next vaping flavor I try. I'll be trying a vanilla cream. It is quite sweet tasting to me. Well, have an extra day of laundry today. Wife was off the past three days and we sorted clothes to donate. Hope everyone is doing well & continues so. :wave: :hug: :)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Mooning! err... Morning!

@AndriaD so how is the nose hole doing since you're on the pills? Feeling better? And in hindsight do ya think it was an infection going on?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I took typing in high school, but I cheated, and looked.

Who didn't?

I had two classes total of typing in high school. It was after the second class and hovering over me the teacher confided I would never be a typist. My hands simply do not allow for it. I have what is commonly called "mirror hands". Despite what it may sound like, it just means when one hand is occupied the other needs to be as well, and not necessarily doing the same or identical thing. Right hand can be "hunting and pecking" as left vapes, ties shoes, whatever.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was always so glad not to be catholic, those nuns are scary, like fierce humorless penguins with sticks. Never made a bit of sense to me, why someone religious would be so joyless, and determined to drive everyone they encountered as far away as possible. Seems like they really oughta be all smiles like used car salesmen.

a religion that also created Pedo Preists.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mooning! err... Morning!

@AndriaD so how is the nose hole doing since you're on the pills? Feeling better? And in hindsight do ya think it was an infection going on?

I was done with the Z-pak on Sunday night. Yeah it was definitely an infection; not sure how much better I am, TBH; the headaches have mostly gone, or lessened considerably; I don't *think* I'm running a fever anymore, though it was hard to say yesterday, with the fucking 82 degree weather. :facepalm: But I didn't run a fever overnight, last night or the night before, so that seems like a good sign. One thing I'm noticing now though, is when I wake up, I have ZERO energy; I just about can't force myself out of the bed, even worse than when I was battling my last major depression -- I don't feel depressed, I just feel like I've run completely out of gas. The doc said the azithromycin was a good choice because it was just 6 pills, so not costly, but keeps working for 2 weeks. So maybe it's just the antibiotic and my immune system keeping busy fighting the infection, is why I feel so completely without energy.

When I took my zyrtec and decongestant this "morning", I also took a B Complex, and I'll take another when I go to bed tonight; maybe that can perk up my energy a little. Also, using honey instead of sugar in my tea.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
be sure to build your coil close to the air hole, this will give you the best flavor out of it. About 1-1.5mm above it I'd say.

Ok, thx, that's a good reminder -- I knew to build closer to the airhole for best flavor in mjy Achilles, or higher up for better TH, but never really considered the coil height much in kayfuns, there's such limited space in the atty chamber. But at this point, I'm more concerned about flavor than TH, really; for better TH I can goose up the Flash a little! :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apologies for my contribution of quietness. Got a bit preoccupied away
from the site. Enjoyed a little nice weather today. This evening been
enjoying some quiet time watching Grissom with my wife.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice to see you pulled your pants up

I have no idea what you are talking about

giphy.gif

you potty brain you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It sure has been. Dunno but in these parts we slid right back into winter again. Chilly & windy today, right now it's 21 degrees. Molasses syndrome?

Geez, what parts are those? We had 82 yesterday, but only made it to the mid-60s today, thx to that HALLACIOUS storm we had last night. That thing was a fucking monster, it took over 3 hrs to pull thru here, and it was a fast mover, it was just that big! Thank god I can now use my phone for internet, or I REALLY would have been freaking out -- as little as I like "typing" with 1 finger, it beats the hell out of no internet at all. :) Lots of N. GA had a lot of lightening and uprooted trees, big ones, there were some 60mph winds reported, but thankfully only small limbs were littering the ground around here.

I guess there was one good thing about sleeping till 1pm today: I avoided taking a nap, so maybe I'll get to sleep a little easier tonight. Though my sleeping has been better, since I don't think I'm running a fever anymore. I guess I'm getting better, I'm just impatient, I want to be WELL, NOW! :D

As I said, I'm really not depressed; I think I'm handling my grief pretty well, just experiencing it when it rolls over me, and getting on with things most other times. But I got some sad news yesterday. I have some friends who have been friends for more than 50 yrs; my grandmother used to keep me and these girls, 1 my age and her sister, 2 yrs younger, when we were all preschool-age, and when I was about 9, we even moved into the same neighborhood where they lived, so we went to the last yrs of grade school together, and most of high school, till they moved to the south side of Atlanta when I was about 15 or 16; their mom was one of my girl scout leaders, and she and my mom were good friends, drinking buddies. :D I heard yesterday that she passed away on Feb. 24; she had lung cancer, which they only discovered on Jan 7, when she suffered what they thought was a stroke -- instead, it was the cancer, it had spread to her brain. So I'm pretty sad about that, and sad for my friends, given that I know EXACTLY what they're going thru right now. I spent today going thru old pics, to find some with their mom, getting them scanned, and posted to my friend on FB. :(

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Geez, what parts are those?

East coast. mAssachusetts & right on the water.

We had 82 yesterday, but only made it to the mid-60s today, thx to that HALLACIOUS storm we had last night. That thing was a fucking monster, it took over 3 hrs to pull thru here, and it was a fast mover, it was just that big!

Yeah I heard you and other peeps here freaking out about that one. (It was freak out worthy.)

I guess there was one good thing about sleeping till 1pm today: I avoided taking a nap, so maybe I'll get to sleep a little easier tonight. Though my sleeping has been better, since I don't think I'm running a fever anymore. I guess I'm getting better, I'm just impatient, I want to be WELL, NOW!

I dunno. My sleeping is so effed I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Or fix it.) That effing 1 hour time change - again - has screwed me from bad to worse. I went to bed some time after noon yesterday and got up at 09:30 pm. (Is Lucy about to say we sleep around whenever we can? :giggle: )

As I said, I'm really not depressed; I think I'm handling my grief pretty well, just experiencing it when it rolls over me, and getting on with things most other times. But I got some sad news yesterday.

Aww that sucks. I hate losing people too - somebody fix that.

At least you were fortunate to have those photos. I got nuttin' from my past before 1990.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dunno. My sleeping is so effed I've given up on trying to figure it out. (Or fix it.) That effing 1 hour time change - again - has screwed me from bad to worse. I went to bed some time after noon yesterday and got up at 09:30 pm. (Is Lucy about to say we sleep around whenever we can? :giggle: )

I pretty much gave up on anything like normal sleeping when my son was a kid; I'd "take a nap" from 3am to 6am, get up and do the mommy thing, then back to bed around 9am and sleep till 3:30pm, just before he got home from school. It wasn't till he graduated and moved away that I was finally able to start sleeping all at one time, rather than in shifts -- but on my own terms, 3am till noonish. Since dealing with the grief over my mom's death, my sleep is the biggest casualty, but had been getting back to something close to normal (for me), till this illness with its night fevers hit. But I've learned, it's stupid to get overwrought about insomnia, particularly if you don't work and thus can sleep whenever the hell you want. The only time it really fucks with me is if I have some reason to need to be up earlier than usual, because the easiest way for me to suffer insomnia is to set an alarm clock. :facepalm:

Aww that sucks. I hate losing people too - somebody fix that.

At least you were fortunate to have those photos. I got nuttin' from my past before 1990.

The only ones I have are some that my mom sent me when I was living in MI, from when my friends' folks visited my folks at their condo; I *think* it was about 1986, maybe '87.

MandL-approx1986-smlr.jpg

My mom's on the left, my friends' mom on the right. I loved 'em both. R.I.P.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It sure has been. Dunno but in these parts we slid right back into winter again. Chilly & windy today, right now it's 21 degrees. Molasses syndrome?

We got that huge snow storm here in PEI. Its still going right now. Is winter over yet?:blech:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the B Complex is doing what it's supposed to. Still felt a *little* out-of-gas this morning, but not quite as profoundly; I was able to get up before 11:30, which is fairly normal for me. So I'll keep taking the B Complex twice a day till I know for sure I'm well, make sure my body has the energy it needs to do the mending. :)

GFYs merrily. Merrily, I say!!!

Andria

VU Sponsors