Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When I was a kid we had a water spaniel with an over-the-top mothering instinct. Got a tiny little one-hander of a kitten and she was all over that thing excited. Kept poking her nose at the kitten, sniffing and doing a happy dance. Mini-kitteh had enough of that, swacked her across the nose and drew blood with those bitty kitten claws. The water spaniel was completely unfazed and just wanted to keep sniffing and licking the kitteh.

They got things sorted out and kitteh slept with the spaniel all the time.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I got my Jwrap. Yay. But... I'm not sure, to be honest. Check this:

wrap.jpg

That notch... what the hell is that for? The mod has its USB port on the control panel, just under the power-cntrl btns. So I have no earthly idea what that notch is for.

I won't be using the assorted small pieces, just the large pieces to wrap the portion that used to be painted. The stainless frame looks fine, no need to wrap it.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I got my Jwrap. Yay. But... I'm not sure, to be honest. Check this:

View attachment 80497

That notch... what the hell is that for? The mod has its USB port on the control panel, just under the power-cntrl btns. So I have no earthly idea what that notch is for.

I won't be using the assorted small pieces, just the large pieces to wrap the portion that used to be painted. The stainless frame looks fine, no need to wrap it.

Andria

Is there a logo or something in that spot where you think there should not be a slot?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stripped mods!! I SEE NAKEDNESS!! Ive done the same to mine when the paint chips.

Heh, yeah, it was half stripped when I got it, which is why I got such a FANTABULOUS price on it... so we just finished taking off all the paint, so the wrap would adhere better.

@Rickajho -- think that shaping at the top is the reason for that slot? I wondered if that might be why.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria it sure looks that way to me. With all these curves and zigzags in body designs could they make them more impossible to wrap?

No shit. Also, I don't want the wrap to cover any of the stainless frame, only the part that was painted, so we may need to use our papercutter on the back edge of the wrap, or there's gonna be a big overlap around the curved back.

Like this... (Photoshop mockup)

wrapped.jpg

...leaving all the stainless uncovered.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, the photoshop mockup was prettier, but.. here's the finished mod. Looks a lot better than stripped of paint! :giggle:

wrapped.jpg

So far, I've been vaping it using the 'standard' mode setting, at 9.6w, fairly normal wattage for me. Gotta look up how to set the other modes, see if "powerful" mode is more to my liking. Pretty sure "soft" wouldn't please me.

Though I'm thinking this mod *might* get passed to my son, when he moves back in; his hands are a bit larger than mine, so he might find it just the right size. I've been vaping one of my Minibooks today, which is a good bit shorter, and the power button on the SX Mini M feels like a stretch.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok, the photoshop mockup was prettier, but.. here's the finished mod. Looks a lot better than stripped of paint! :giggle:

View attachment 80531

So far, I've been vaping it using the 'standard' mode setting, at 9.6w, fairly normal wattage for me. Gotta look up how to set the other modes, see if "powerful" mode is more to my liking. Pretty sure "soft" wouldn't please me.

Though I'm thinking this mod *might* get passed to my son, when he moves back in; his hands are a bit larger than mine, so he might find it just the right size. I've been vaping one of my Minibooks today, which is a good bit shorter, and the power button on the SX Mini M feels like a stretch.

Andria

Handsom!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Best answer for the notch question @AndriaD

Actually, my husband couldn't figure out that notch whatever. But fortunately I didn't want the stainless frame wrapped, so there were those extra pieces of glittery shit; he put one of the thin strips across that notch space after he got the back piece on, since that notch was leaving a big open space showing the paint-stripped metal. It worked very well, and covered that open space.

Possibly if I had *fully* wrapped the mod, including the stainless frame, it would have fit in such a way that the notch was actually helpful, and didn't leave the open space. I dunno. But I saw no point in wrapping the stainless, since it looked fine. It's not really a *perfect* job, but it looks a LOT better than it did, and it covered both the unsightly paint stripped metal, and also the icky "feel" of that stripped metal. The guy who sold it to me had previously wrapped it in its silicone sleeve, and that left a gummy residue that felt terrible.

The photoshop mockup actually looks more like it *actually* looks, in person; the glittery stuff doesn't photograph well.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whoever came up with this one is either a genius or a pervert, maybe both...
View attachment 80443
:eek: Yuck!
Afternoon fugee's and GFY :)

Think VU will ever fix their smiley icons?

Yesterday I picked up my boy Rascal and we spent the day celebrating the big number 7 for him. :confetti: We had hot dogs and chocolate cake and he loved his new toys, then we went out and chased kitties and fun was had by all. :teehee:

Hope yall's saturday was as good as ours was :)
That's awesome!!!!
I can only see a few smileys when I'm at work.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuggers. How's all y'all? Hey Atcha!

I played with my SXmini's "powerful" setting last night; I think "powerful+" would probably be too much for me, but "powerful" allowed me to stay very happily at 9.4 or 9.5 watts, rather than boosting to 9.6 or 9.8. So I guess that's a good thing. Someone who wants to take a really fast hit would probably really like that "powerful+" setting.

I was thinking I would try out the "soft" mode setting this morning, but the battery indicator appeared to show "half gone" so I decided to plug it in and use my new minibook. The battery door on the SXmini is an even bigger PITA than the ones on my iPV Minis, so I'll be charging via USB rather than the lengthy threading shit. I didn't used to be so impatient with battery-door threading, but the easy-open minibooks have spoiled me. :D Nice that I now have 3 of them. :)

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I liked that movie. Never saw any of the sequels though.
I can sadly say i have seen them all. Heck i watched them recently i forget which channel was airing them all in a row but yep cheezy as hell and i watched them... my wife looked at me like i was nuts but she is a good clip younger than i am :D

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good to hear. I know this isn't your first rodeo but stil good to have confirmation that the numbers are heading in the right direction.
Not first rodeo but first time dealing with Jaundice like this other two had it slightly but nothing to be worried about like him. I BLAME MY WIFE!! Damn NEGATIVE Blood typerz!!!

VU Sponsors