giphy.gif

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Juice. Wondered when you'd be back! This place has been dead as shit since you left!!! So WELCOME BACK!!! :hug:

Lose all your money?? :giggle:

Andria

I gambled exactly $1 and won exactly no dollars :giggle:

Vaped pretty much everywhere - even if it wasn't allowed :teehee:

Excellent hand checks to come once I get home

Missed you guys

And no Bob, haven't desecrated my CVs yet, lol. Brought two on this trip and they have performed flawlessly - as I knew they would

Great travel squonkers

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gambled exactly $1 and won exactly no dollars :giggle:

Vaped pretty much everywhere - even if it wasn't allowed :teehee:

Excellent hand checks to come once I get home

Missed you guys

And no Bob, haven't desecrated my CVs yet, lol. Brought two on this trip and they have performed flawlessly - as I knew they would

Great travel squonkers
:bliss::bliss::bunny::bunny::stars::stars:
Yay!!! Lucy's back!!!
Good morning fugees!! :coffee2::ejuice::cloud:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never realise it's morning, was dinner when I sent that! Keep forgetting your oversea!

Ahh... Well, since your profile doesn't say, I have no farkin clue where you are. I usually assume "US", just the usual American arrogance. :D :teehee:

Aaaaaand it's morning once again. You guys will not farking BELIEVE what I got up to yesterday.... HOUSEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, shocking, for me, since I usually take Peg-Bundyism to whole new heights of slovenliness. :giggle: But more to come today. The "kid" (who's actually 29, but will always be "my kid") will be home, 2 wks from tomorrow, so I'm motivated. :D Even though when my husband told him on the phone last night that I'd been doing housework all day, I could hear his "WHAT?" all the way across the room. :giggle: He knows me too well.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad you all are alive and well

Survived seeing Mommy Dearest for the first time in 12 years, my brother's ex-wife and family, and other awkward and tedious family situations yesterday!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you all are alive and well

Survived seeing Mommy Dearest for the first time in 12 years, my brother's ex-wife and family, and other awkward and tedious family situations yesterday!

I recall the awkwardness of seeing my father after several decades of NOT.... "So, how's your life been, since you excluded me from it?" :facepalm: To be fair, it was really my mom who was excluding drunkenness and drug abuse from me, but it's hard to get a child to understand such things. Then it was his ex-wife (his third) who hated me, and that feeling was quite mutual.... He was very excited to call me up and tell me he'd finally gotten rid of her. :giggle: I was glad to have him back for a few years, after he and I had both gotten sober and turned into semi-rational adults. Then the damn lung cancer had to go and spoil it all. :mad:

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recall the awkwardness of seeing my father after several decades of NOT.... "So, how's your life been, since you excluded me from it?" :facepalm: To be fair, it was really my mom who was excluding drunkenness and drug abuse from me, but it's hard to get a child to understand such things. Then it was his ex-wife (his third) who hated me, and that feeling was quite mutual.... He was very excited to call me up and tell me he'd finally gotten rid of her. :giggle: I was glad to have him back for a few years, after he and I had both gotten sober and turned into semi-rational adults. Then the damn lung cancer had to go and spoil it all. :mad:

Andria
I'm quitting beer too, for a treatment I'm over going but also cos I have an addictive personality :( I've put my family through alot with my drugs an alcoholic use so I relate!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm quitting beer too, for a treatment I'm over going but also cos I have an addictive personality :( I've put my family through alot with my drugs an alcoholic use so I relate!

I always get a chuckle out of that phrase, "addictive personality." I call it The Addiction Disease; where it doesn't matter what the substance or activity, you can probably get addicted to it. And it does seem to be genetically linked; my father, his parents; my mother, and though her parents were never addicted to anything but going to church, one of my grandfather's brothers was a compulsive gambler and ended up gambling away the "home place" where my grandfather and his siblings were born. And my husband has the same sort of family history.

I've always thought gambling was pretty stupid, but maybe that's because I fought and won that battle at the age of 16: my mom had a weekend job at the snackbar of the local VFW, where they had huge bingo games every weekend -- I fucking LOVED bingo, and once, ONCE, I had the great thrill of being able to holler BINGO! and won $50. Then it occurred to me, I'd spent WAY more than $50, over the time I'd been going with her and playing bingo... and realized, it wasn't very smart, to spend $100-$200 to win $50. That cured me of gambling forever. Too bad it took me until I was in my mid-20s to get wise about drugs, or 31 before I realized that alcohol was about to kill me.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always get a chuckle out of that phrase, "addictive personality." I call it The Addiction Disease; where it doesn't matter what the substance or activity, you can probably get addicted to it. And it does seem to be genetically linked; my father, his parents; my mother, and though her parents were never addicted to anything but going to church, one of my grandfather's brothers was a compulsive gambler and ended up gambling away the "home place" where my grandfather and his siblings were born. And my husband has the same sort of family history.

I've always thought gambling was pretty stupid, but maybe that's because I fought and won that battle at the age of 16: my mom had a weekend job at the snackbar of the local VFW, where they had huge bingo games every weekend -- I fucking LOVED bingo, and once, ONCE, I had the great thrill of being able to holler BINGO! and won $50. Then it occurred to me, I'd spent WAY more than $50, over the time I'd been going with her and playing bingo... and realized, it wasn't very smart, to spend $100-$200 to win $50. That cured me of gambling forever. Too bad it took me until I was in my mid-20s to get wise about drugs, or 31 before I realized that alcohol was about to kill me.

Andria
Gambling has never been for me but because of my personality I'd definitely get addicted! I was on too many things to take up something else & I'm only just getting off booze. If my health was fine I'd be carrying on!
None of my families have touched drugs so I was the outsider but it made my depression go away an I felt normal.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gambling has never been for me but because of my personality I'd definitely get addicted! I was on too many things to take up something else & I'm only just getting off booze. If my health was fine I'd be carrying on!
None of my families have touched drugs so I was the outsider but it made my depression go away an I felt normal.

I've suffered that depression/anxiety spectrum since I was a little child -- I can remember when I was in single-digits, being unable to sleep, because I couldn't "turn off my brain".... and feeling lacking, broken, somehow -- my mom's idea of the best way to raise an idealistic, intelligent child was to poke holes in all her balloons and call it "being a devil's advocate." I was glad I finally had a chance to tell her, a couple years ago, that I had never NEEDED a devil's advocate, I'd needed SUPPORT, emotional support, which she NEVER gave me. When I met and started falling in love with my 2nd husband, with whom I'm soon to celebrate our 30th anniversary, I had to keep asking him "Are you SURE you love me?" Because he never hurt me in any way; not physically, not emotionally, not at all.... and all that time I'd thought that being loved meant that the person who said they loved me would continually hurt me. Which explains why my first really serious BF beat me, and my first husband abused me emotionally in every possible way -- in fact, when we were breaking up, he had the nerve to tell me "You may GET another man, but you'll never be able to KEEP him!"..... As you might imagine, I DELIGHT in informing him every year of our anniversary -- he's now been married THREE times, and divorced three times.... so I guess that was a little projection, wasn't it?!? :giggle:

They say the best revenge is living well. I agree, but I would add.... "SURVIVING those who try to tear you down, and living well while they're still scrabbling to figure out why they're NOT living well." :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Been stealth vaping in the bathroom at the Juneau airport for over half an hour - and now my plane is going to be a half hour late. Might pull my hair out trying to get to fricking Anchorage . So everyone have a well-intentioned GFY

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm still outta town - just checking in :wave:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah slept late and not well and rained pretty much all afternoon.
Kinda slow today fer me.

I felt like that yesterday. One of my teeth was bothering me a lot, but it's settled down today, thank GAWD. I actually got 2 loads of laundry done today, AND actually cooked dinner (as opposed to nuking something frozen).

Eagerly awaiting your return, Ms. Juicy... :)

Andria

ETA; And I'm about GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING FEDUP with the GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING RAIN! I know the water table needs it after that horrible drought in the fall, but still, do we really need the entire season's worth of rain ALL IN THE SAME GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING WEEK?!?!?!?!?!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's

Well,tropical storm cindy is gone! Lost house phone and internet for a while because of her. Lots of rain but I didnt flood this time :)

Hope yall doin good!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've suffered that depression/anxiety spectrum since I was a little child -- I can remember when I was in single-digits, being unable to sleep, because I couldn't "turn off my brain".... and feeling lacking, broken, somehow -- my mom's idea of the best way to raise an idealistic, intelligent child was to poke holes in all her balloons and call it "being a devil's advocate." I was glad I finally had a chance to tell her, a couple years ago, that I had never NEEDED a devil's advocate, I'd needed SUPPORT, emotional support, which she NEVER gave me. When I met and started falling in love with my 2nd husband, with whom I'm soon to celebrate our 30th anniversary, I had to keep asking him "Are you SURE you love me?" Because he never hurt me in any way; not physically, not emotionally, not at all.... and all that time I'd thought that being loved meant that the person who said they loved me would continually hurt me. Which explains why my first really serious BF beat me, and my first husband abused me emotionally in every possible way -- in fact, when we were breaking up, he had the nerve to tell me "You may GET another man, but you'll never be able to KEEP him!"..... As you might imagine, I DELIGHT in informing him every year of our anniversary -- he's now been married THREE times, and divorced three times.... so I guess that was a little projection, wasn't it?!? :giggle:

They say the best revenge is living well. I agree, but I would add.... "SURVIVING those who try to tear you down, and living well while they're still scrabbling to figure out why they're NOT living well." :)

Andria
I'm glad you have found someone you love & makes you happy and I'm sorry growing up wasn't so easy for you. My Mom always tried to help but I just pushed her out. I didn't make it easy for my family at all. But you get the support you need off your husband right?? That's gotta count for something...

I had a really bad breakup an now my trust issues are fucked!

& that quote is very true, people think they are better cos they've got money too an they're not!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's

Well,tropical storm cindy is gone! Lost house phone and internet for a while because of her. Lots of rain but I didnt flood this time :)

Hope yall doin good!

Glad to hear that choppie, after all the hard work you've put into your place to make it nice again!!! That would truly have sucked, to have lost it all over again!!!

We have sun again!!! YAY!!! :bliss: And of course my kitty baby is DELIGHTED. :D They're saying we might get more rain tomorrow :facepalm: so I'll be happy for the sun today!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad you have found someone you love & makes you happy and I'm sorry growing up wasn't so easy for you. My Mom always tried to help but I just pushed her out. I didn't make it easy for my family at all. But you get the support you need off your husband right?? That's gotta count for something...

I had a really bad breakup an now my trust issues are fucked!

& that quote is very true, people think they are better cos they've got money too an they're not!

Nothing emotional comes easy to him, he's had to learn, but yeah, he's even stood up to my parents over how they've continued to treat me, even in adulthood, and that means the world to me. I truly couldn't live without that man, and wouldn't even want to; he's the first and only person who's ever "gotten" me, and the only one who ever cared to try! He's a recovering alkie/addict too, so that's a major reason why I rarely go to meetings, at least for the last 10-15 yrs or so; having him around, it's like we both have a 24/7 meeting, to let each other know when "those desires" rear their nasty heads, and be able to talk it out in complete empathy and understanding and lack of judgment.

Learning to trust after it's broken is indeed very hard, and that was one hurdle I had to get over, in my last major bout of depression, anxiety, and that awful PTSD; I took Effexor for a while, but we were fortunate to also have a very good therapist, who helped both of us quite a lot. As much as I hate how BP plasters the airwaves with all their toxic nostrums, when depression/anxiety gets to the point where it's seriously affecting your life, or making you think stupid shit like suicide is actually a rational action, SSRIs are a godsend -- but they need to be accompanied by insightful therapy, to be really helpful -- staying on any medication like that for life is not a good option; at some point, one has to learn the coping skills that render medication like that unnecessary. It's been about 9 yrs since I got off it, and there have been some REALLY rough times in those years, but so far, so good. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn Fugees - where the heck is everyone?!?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn Fugees - where the heck is everyone?!?
Been busy spanking my monkey...I mean monkeying with my Spanky. I do believe I shall have to take Sonar up on his offer of upgrading to a sled. The battery contacts are a bit iffy on it right now. Seems to only really contact one instead of both without a lot of finagling.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Been busy spanking my monkey...I mean monkeying with my Spanky. I do believe I shall have to take Sonar up on his offer of upgrading to a sled. The battery contacts are a bit iffy on it right now. Seems to only really contact one instead of both without a lot of finagling.

Great way to GFY, lol

I would definitely take Sonar up on it - his work on internals is super solid. Faultless even

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I discovered today that one of those old vv3's of mine is kinda fucked. Y'all remember that weird thing with those, where the 510 pin gets pushed in, and you have to pop it back out? I've been getting 3 KFL+'s coiled up and ready for my son, and I kept getting "non" for the resistance, though when I checked it on my Omnitester and other mods, the resistance was fine, just a smidge under 2 ohms as per. Then I recalled the 510 pin glitch, and tried to pop it out... so then it started reporting 6.5Ω, 5.9Ω, 4.5Ω, etc... basically just fucked. *sigh* Oh well, at least the other two seem to still work.

At least I still know how to coil a Kayfun. :) I've figured out what makes the Achilles so much easier to mount; the screws are actually larger, and a bit further apart, though it's otherwise identical with the leads pointing in opposite directions, wrap around the screws and tighten down -- the Achilles is MUCH easier.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing emotional comes easy to him, he's had to learn, but yeah, he's even stood up to my parents over how they've continued to treat me, even in adulthood, and that means the world to me. I truly couldn't live without that man, and wouldn't even want to; he's the first and only person who's ever "gotten" me, and the only one who ever cared to try! He's a recovering alkie/addict too, so that's a major reason why I rarely go to meetings, at least for the last 10-15 yrs or so; having him around, it's like we both have a 24/7 meeting, to let each other know when "those desires" rear their nasty heads, and be able to talk it out in complete empathy and understanding and lack of judgment.

Learning to trust after it's broken is indeed very hard, and that was one hurdle I had to get over, in my last major bout of depression, anxiety, and that awful PTSD; I took Effexor for a while, but we were fortunate to also have a very good therapist, who helped both of us quite a lot. As much as I hate how BP plasters the airwaves with all their toxic nostrums, when depression/anxiety gets to the point where it's seriously affecting your life, or making you think stupid shit like suicide is actually a rational action, SSRIs are a godsend -- but they need to be accompanied by insightful therapy, to be really helpful -- staying on any medication like that for life is not a good option; at some point, one has to learn the coping skills that render medication like that unnecessary. It's been about 9 yrs since I got off it, and there have been some REALLY rough times in those years, but so far, so good. :)

Andria
I'm really glad you are happier now & have someone to share your life with :)
After my last break up I prefer to be alone alot, I'm not ready to share my feelings with someone and I like to keep things to myself but I do believe love is out there for everyone & you should stay positive.

Things happen for a reason even if bad leads to good.

It's really good you don't go to meetings, I never found them helpful. I'd just freeze up an not say anything.
Keep up the good work!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And the Subtank Mini RBA is even easier. Don't even have to wrap around the screws.

Oh, is it one of those where you have to put two wires thru two holes AT THE SAME TIME? I fucking HATE those. I got one of my Magmas recoiled recently and it took goddamn FOREVER to get both of those damn leads thru the holes at the same time. ARGHHHH!!! I was considering just wrapping those around the screws too, but I don't know if it would work that way in an atty that's made for sticking the wires thru the holes. But those are as goddamn impossible to deal with as the plastic shells on new CDs! Or really, the plastic pkging on ANY FUCKING THING!!

Andria

VU Sponsors