Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
. I also made a separate mix of the strawberry & cream for him, at 70/30 instead of 86/14, 5mg instead of 3mg, and using no Flash; he didn't seem to care for the TH too much, which doesn't surprise me, I never thought Camel cigarettes, his favorites, had any TH at all.

I tried unfiltered Camels for a brief time. Imho, they were underwhelming but smoked. They were not Lucky's or P&M's. Even filtered 'Reds' for me were better.

I was busy yesterday with brush clearing. We got roughly 300' more on to the back end of our bottom, right up again the creek and following it. Lot of raspberry, wild grape vine, multi-flora rose mixed into iron weed, horse brush. There were/are some walnut "saps" what have not grown beyond smaller off shoots of the larger ones. These were/are being cut down to help clear room for more growth of the better grown out trees which can better use the help of more resources.

Got told I could, if so desired, use her granddad's Ford pickup down in the bottom. Replied back that was a big negative. One I don't drive automobiles, two I've no desire to damage his pickup & all kinds of fear that I might.Think me and her BIL kind of startled her dad. We were actually getting on well enough. There was a box elder tree that needed cut down coming from a higher section down. Well her dad got started cutting it w/ the chainsaw. Directly, me and her BIL were shouting and moving in unison to move her dad out of the way as the tree twisted the "wrong" way and was about to come back on him.

Took a small mess of fresh picked green beans down for our "good" neighbor. He was busy mowing, I sat the beans in their basket over unto the ground on a strip he had already mowed, walked on. *chuckles* He never saw me & I didn't expect he would have. He loves home grown green beans and not store bought ones. I'm buttering him up to get some adult beverage brought up from somewhere. It's the kind of beverage what can be deemed medicinal. Hoping to get a quart, as I'm sure a gallon would be far too much for two years for me.

And no, I still don't "drink" although on occasions I can appreciate a drink or two responsibly. it's not about the "drinking" for me so much as being a slight indulgence, or needed bracer from the cold. I grew up seeing the devastation of alcoholism as well and have no desire to have that kind of trouble in my own life. Moderation even in moderation seems to suit me well enough, did it not I would not get any adult beverage what so ever.

Well, y'all run 'er slow. :hug:s all around.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And no, I still don't "drink" although on occasions I can appreciate a drink or two responsibly. it's not about the "drinking" for me so much as being a slight indulgence, or needed bracer from the cold. I grew up seeing the devastation of alcoholism as well and have no desire to have that kind of trouble in my own life. Moderation even in moderation seems to suit me well enough, did it not I would not get any adult beverage what so ever.

I spent a number of years wishing I could drink that way... till one day it occurred to me that if I could, then drinking wouldn't matter a hill of beans to me. :D Also spent a number of years wishing that "synthehol" they served in 10-Forward on ST:TNG was actually a real thing. Finally I just stopped fantasizing and got on with my life, sans alcohol. :D My slight indulgences now run to things like chocolates. Still try to stay away from muffins and doughnuts, because those things have an addictive power all their own, and I really DON'T want to weigh 300 lbs... nor even 200... and even 150 is a bit much. :giggle:

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, just because I'm actually doing it, doesn't mean my opinion of housework has changed one fucking iota: I FUCKING HATE HOUSEWORK. I got the piano polished and shiny, and got another living room wall and foyer and as much of the ceiling as I could reach de-cobwebbed, and the back of the loveseat vacuumed, and my fucking hand started cramping from being locked around the damn vacuum wand. :mad: That fucking HURTS. So I'm taking a break, waiting for the tea to brew so I can make iced tea and have a chicken salad sandwich... Staind on the bluetooth speaker... Yeah, it's been awhile... since I did any fucking thing in this house at all, other than dishes and laundry!

C'mon tea. :wait:
Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made it back from the big city.
Visit friend in hospital, and took wife unit to a head shrinkers appt.
Ohh and pigged out at Bob Evans.

think I need a nap....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Made it back from the big city.
Visit friend in hospital, and took wife unit to a head shrinkers appt.
Ohh and pigged out at Bob Evans.

think I need a nap....

I have never heard of this restaurant so googled it

Their menu says this is sharable - but I think I might lose it if someone tried to take bacon from my jar

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 2.29.12 PM.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are pretty good. I had the western Omelet with Home Fries, and a couple of biscuits.

I think our local will let me get two pancakes smothered with breakfast(sausage) gravy. Always like eating anywhere that doesn't freak out over such a basic dish.

Where is my damn coffee?

Lucy, I was up and going for a little bit this morning, or so I thought. Had a cold front slither in on us and i took a chill this morning, crawled back in bed with Shrek and my wife. Cuddled up to Shrek, "warm me up you stinking little furnace with feet."

It was about 10 AM until I got back out of bed. I had gotten up originally around 5 AM, took medicines, downed a cup o' Joe. Then, I had "a sit and let it all start to work" session of meditation, playing a round or two of 2048, scribbling in a journal. Thought I would be good to go and "get right back on it" around 7 AM. :giggle: Boy did I get fooled. Otherwise, i might have gotten you some coffee.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I craved Bob Evans when I was pregnant -- pancakes, sausage, all that yummy breakfast stuff, but great as they are... no damn grits. :wait: Michigan doesn't know about grits. :D I also craved hot open-faced roast beef sandwiches with gravy and mashed potatoes, but only at 3am. :giggle:

I am FINALLY done for the day. I'd like to think I'll get a good night's sleep, but after leg cramp at 8am, and another, same damn knee, at 5:15pm when I was trying for a catnap, I'll be happy with a moderate night's sleep, if there are no cramps.:tantrum:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was wondering where you were!

Aw well shoot, like to keep folks wondering a bit. ;) :) That's how us quiet types do it, don't ya know?

Been keeping busy and then if not busy, crashing. Starting to think I have a hidden tattoo on me in bright neon that reads, "This one always works!" Asked my boss lady if I could get a vacation when I retired. She told me that even when I retire, she's piecing me back together and telling me "job,job,job." Then, I asked her, "no point retiring then huh?" :)

Also doing a little thinking on the "state of things". I'm not gonna get into the poly ticked dung of it but here's my basic line of thinking. We have had a damn fine run on having wars of stuff.

War on poverty and we get more poverty.
War on drugs and the CIA imports more and more drugs until our drug companies start picking up the slack.
War on terror and everyone in the world is fully scared out of their wits on an hourly basis it seems.

Well, I think we need a war on peace. After all, everyone knows peace is a real motherfucker of a killer. Why peace is the son of a bitch that started the whole argument. No, peace can not be left to its own devices or it will surely destroy us all. Yes, we got to have a war on peace. Let's have that war on peace right now!

While we're at that can we get all kinds of protections for the elderly, infirm and children? They are the ones that peace will take on right away. Need to do our best to ensure none of these classes become spies for peace. They don't warrant a gulag or ethnic cleansing, no, instead I suggest advance counter-insurgency measures. For example let's get some volunteer nursing folks to check up on the elderly in their neighborhoods a little more often, or get more volunteer nursing folks. Do the same with the infirm and children.

Let's also mandate schools to teach fathers to be fathers and mothers to be mothers. Require a mandatory course of at least six months class room, and another six months doing volunteer work as parenting aides.

Well, I better make round to my second cup o' Joe. Here you go dahlin. :coffee: I brought an extra for you today. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've thought for a long time that there ought to be an IQ test for any impending parenthood. These braintrusts who leave ejuice around for the tykes to play with only reinforce that idea.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've thought for a long time that there ought to be an IQ test for any impending parenthood. These braintrusts who leave ejuice around for the tykes to play with only reinforce that idea.

Andria

You cant require an IQ test for any impending parenthood. The left would scream that your committing liberal genocide if you did that. :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You cant require an IQ test for any impending parenthood. The left would scream that your committing liberal genocide if you did that. :p

I know. *sigh* Maybe the gov't should approach it the way my parents did. They told us, you know, we help you, because we care about our grandson. But if you have more kids, that doesn't mean we'll help you more... it means that what help we give you, has to be divided between them. Man, that was better birth control than rubbers! :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

It would also cause heart failure amongst the pro-life right wingers and cause brain freeze with the anti-birth control crowd :rolleyes:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It would also cause heart failure amongst the pro-life right wingers and cause brain freeze with the anti-birth control crowd :rolleyes:

Well that would actually be a good thing, get rid of those useless idiots. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wife and me were outside a little, 'porch sitting'. We used a big old Coleman chest cooler as a bench. Watched one of our bats fly over. We do have a small colony of at least six up in the barn atop the hill. They leave fireflies alone but rip into mosquitoes the likes of being possessed.

I had to brush out the dogs today a bit. Groucho looks similar to a wholly mammoth. He's becoming real handsome as he grows up. There's a big mane around his neck, comes up under his chin, I tell him he's got a beard. :) Sherlock has calmed way, way down and is only mildly startled and anxious. I do though have to let them into their yard when a neighbor does target practice. In the hut Sherlock goes after Groucho when he hears gunfire.

By the by, here's this evening's hand check. Got roughly 7 ml of unflavored 1.8 mg/ml juice at 30% PG/70% VG, the other 2 ml is an unmeasured for exactness blueberry & a little extreme ice.

cv_hc_2017_29_06.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
rtsvapes going out of business sale Coupon code LIQUID30 for 30% off

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
rtsvapes going out of business sale Coupon code LIQUID30 for 30% off

Probably because they won't sell (without UPS outrageous prices) to one of the biggest spenders in vaping

EDIT: As a prepper a big spender, not as in the most expensive everything, mainly because I can't afford that, lol

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, from where the sunshine is piped in. :) Going to go attend our annual arts & crafts fair a little later today. Presently, it is a bit of :coffee: & :ejuice::ejuice::oops: (guess they nabbed the clouds) while the cobwebs scurry away.

Well, apologies for the seeming abruptness, but think I'm going to shuffle along. I'm not quite finding much of nothing to small talk on this morning. That's one o' my little quirks and no reflection upon present company. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning, from where the sunshine is piped in. :) Going to go attend our annual arts & crafts fair a little later today. Presently, it is a bit of :coffee: & :ejuice::ejuice::oops: (guess they nabbed the clouds) while the cobwebs scurry away.

Well, apologies for the seeming abruptness, but think I'm going to shuffle along. I'm not quite finding much of nothing to small talk on this morning. That's one o' my little quirks and no reflection upon present company. :)

Just thinking out loud here Morely but you ever considered that the sunshine needing to be piped in could be cause of the :ejuice::ejuice::cloud: :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morely, do you live on the shady or sunny side of the holler?
I grew up in eastern KY so I know hollers.

Had to look up our chimney to see if the sun was out or not.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morely, do you live on the shady or sunny side of the holler?
I grew up in eastern KY so I know hollers.

Had to look up our chimney to see if the sun was out or not.

In the mornings we're on the shady side. That lasts until about 10 AM though. After that we're on the sunnier side. This year our bottom has started looking more akin to a lawn than a hay pasture.

Usually for us around 4 PM is the hottest of the day. It was a bit too hot and then again too humid today to attempt any kind of ground working. I blame the invisible purple unicorn, going around and eating away all our Nzone.

Just thinking out loud here Morely but you ever considered that the sunshine needing to be piped in could be cause of the :ejuice::ejuice: :D

Might be something to that. I'll have to experiment some more though. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep the Hollers are like greenhouses in the summer. Just hold in the heat and humidity.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My body is pretty smart for rejecting artificial sweeteners?

You might think drinking sugar-free diet soda is better for you than regular soda, which is packed with sugar. After all, experts have been sounding alarm bells for years about the dangers of consuming excessive amounts of sugar, which has been associated with obesity and a litany of health problems.

But new research published in the American Heart Association’s journal Stroke finds that the artificial sweeteners used in diet drinks are also a cause for concern, as they have been linked to a greater risk of stroke and dementia.
~
researchers learned that those who drank at least one artificially sweetened drink per day were nearly three times more likely to have a stroke or develop dementia compared to those who drank ess than one a week. Their findings held up even after adjusting for other factors such as age, gender, calorie intake, diet quality, physical activity and the presence of genetic risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease.

http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...=3EXUXe74OlR68SrrPMU1aAfXMWx0g+bfazV+bFUu7rc=

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You might think drinking sugar-free diet soda is better for you than regular soda, which is packed with sugar. After all, experts have been sounding alarm bells for years about the dangers of consuming excessive amounts of sugar, which has been associated with obesity and a litany of health problems.

But new research published in the American Heart Association’s journal Stroke finds that the artificial sweeteners used in diet drinks are also a cause for concern, as they have been linked to a greater risk of stroke and dementia.
~
researchers learned that those who drank at least one artificially sweetened drink per day were nearly three times more likely to have a stroke or develop dementia compared to those who drank ess than one a week. Their findings held up even after adjusting for other factors such as age, gender, calorie intake, diet quality, physical activity and the presence of genetic risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease.

http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...=3EXUXe74OlR68SrrPMU1aAfXMWx0g+bfazV+bFUu7rc=

They're also absolute hell on gut health. The good bacteria need sugar; when they're starved of it, it allows the really bad bacteria and other bad guys to flourish, which PLAYS HELL with your entire immune system.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

~

Always have detested artificial sweeteners, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' Juicy... and all the rest of you fuggers. :hug:

More housework today. I'd really like housework that, after you do it, it STAYS DONE. Instead of this repetitive shit!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had the weirdest dream of my mom last night... or actually this morning, I guess. Dreamed that she was away somewhere, and myself, my son (who was about 10-12 yrs old in the dream), my husband, and my stepfather were all fancying up her house, to make it nice for her when she got back; in the dream, when she arrived, she was so thrilled with it. :sad: I really hate dreams like that, because then I have to wake up and realize she's not coming back.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I treat dreams like that as a quick visit from someone I loved

It is hard when ya wake up though

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Everyone ready for July 4th?

I'm actually getting the day off for a change :stars2:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everyone ready for July 4th?

I'm actually getting the day off for a change :stars2:

I really couldn't give a rip about the 4th. However I'm psyched for the 5th, when the offspring comes home. :) We'll be grilling out THAT night, to celebrate. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy 4th of July fugees!!
I've been off since 8:00 last Friday. Been busy though getting my pigsty I mean house cleaned out and back in order. Now...I'm getting shit that my daughter left behind when she moved out last April. She informed me on Saturday that she's moving back in. :eek: Ummm.....I think not. This will be the 4th time she's moved back in and to be honest, I'm tired of rearranging my life to accommodate her. :cuss2:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Happy Birthday America :confetti:

VU Sponsors