Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees, just returned from Canada...on a so called fishing expedition....pound per pound, I caught more BLACK FLIES, DEER FLIES, chiggers and gnats, than fish.....what a fucking nightmare.....:tantrum::cuss2:

My vape batteries went dead after the second day, nobody mentioned there was no power available. I was actually thinking about hot-wiring my phone battery to duh mod.....:giggle:

Guess I found out the hard way, I really don't need to vape any longer.....:vino:

BUT.....I'm hitting the shit out of the modfather at the moment, so much for that idea......:wave:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees, just returned from Canada...on a so called fishing expedition....pound per pound, I caught more BLACK FLIES, DEER FLIES, chiggers and gnats, than fish.....what a fucking nightmare.....:tantrum::cuss2:

My vape batteries went dead after the second day, nobody mentioned there was no power available. I was actually thinking about hot-wiring my phone battery to duh mod.....:giggle:

Guess I found out the hard way, I really don't need to vape any longer.....:vino:

BUT.....I'm hitting the shit out of the modfather at the moment, so much for that idea......:wave:

Shoulda gone Alaskan dude - we sneak luxuries like electricity into the wilderness all the time :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And where was the truck? My truck has USB ports! :) (though I can't really fathom why anyone would go fetch fish out of a lake or something when they're so much more easily fetched out of the freezer at walmart or kroger. No mosquitos or other bloodsucking varmints in most grocery stores.)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And where was the truck? My truck has USB ports! :) (though I can't really fathom why anyone would go fetch fish out of a lake or something when they're so much more easily fetched out of the freezer at walmart or kroger. No mosquitos or other bloodsucking varmints in most grocery stores.)

Andria

I can't stand to eat fish, but love the act of fishing :crazy:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shoulda gone Alaskan dude - we sneak luxuries like electricity into the wilderness all the time :giggle:
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:......what's a simple way to eliminate the WINGS & TEETH "issue" I had.....fuck the batteries....I'd like to know how people deal with those fucking insects.....:giggle::giggle:...sonofabitch....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Truck?....my truck was in Arizona....they tossed us out of a fucking bush plane. I'll try Hawaii again, much better fishing.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

That's why we like winter: no bugs :teehee:

Luckily, I'm one of those odd individuals that mosquitos and horseflies do not like and they don't bite or sting me

One of my kids is the same, never had a bite in her life. The other gets plagued

They bug the crap out of Mr Juicy

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's why we like winter: no bugs :teehee:

Luckily, I'm one of those odd individuals that mosquitos and horseflies do not like and they don't bite or sting me

One of my kids is the same, never had a bite in her life. The other gets plagued

They bug the crap out of Mr Juicy
Those fucking insects loved Mr Dale too.....:cuss2::tantrum::gaah:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:......what's a simple way to eliminate the WINGS & TEETH "issue" I had.....fuck the batteries....I'd like to know how people deal with those fucking insects.....:giggle::giggle:...sonofabitch....!

Kroger. Or Walmart. The people of Walmart are very strange looking sometimes, but they haven't ever bitten me. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Truck?....my truck was in Arizona....they tossed us out of a fucking bush plane. I'll try Hawaii again, much better fishing.

That doesn't sound like a fishing trip to me. It sounds like Survival Camping, preparing for the End Times or something equally ridiculous. Really, grocery stores are fandamntastic places -- air conditioning, nice smooth floors, and the meat or fish is already cleaned and wrapped and ready to take home and cook and eat.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
a million places to hide a body....

Ha, that is an infinite number when bodies happen by me. Damn, did i type that aloud? Got to quite typing every thought so openly or the government will learn of my plan to ... :facepalm:;)

Dog gone me too, all kinds of forgetful presently. :coffee2::coffee::coffee: all around for any that need. :)

Having an internal debate over what to get into today, have a short list. The Juan guy, he want to go mow. The other Juan guy he wants to stay in but look at getting a plot started. Another Juan guy thinks they are both insane and need more fluoridated water.

Shortly after 10:00 EST Well, the Juan that wanted to mow won out. He mowed too until a tank of fuel was expended. He got half of the dog pen finished off. I let it go a week to let them have nice grass. This past week we got rain ergo the pen was a jungle. :giggle: :crazy::sneaka::stars::bliss: "Why is everything so fucking green?"

This Juan, he be calling a union break. "We don't need no steenkin' badges!"

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So of course after my mouth was watering from the discussion last night, I wound up reading an article about how bad fried food is, how bad greasy/fatty/oily food is, how bad excessive sugar consumption is, etc. All the health problems related to all the good food that I enjoy. Of course, I've known this for years, it isn't "new" news by any means. Health experts have been writing about all of these for nearly as long as I can remember.

But last night, after reading that, I decided it was time I finally take steps to do something about it.

So from now on, I pledge to no longer read any nutrition related articles.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But last night, after reading that, I decided it was time I finally take steps to do something about it.
What am I going to do you might ask? (open)

Sadly, I must report ignoring universal problems such as say political persons ... does not make them go away. Although I've managed to ascertain various assorted scripting changes by their writers. Seems the writers think what they say is urgent. :blah::blah::wait::kickbutt::cheers:

Excuse me, I'm going to get into some :bingo:business now. It will involve :ejuice::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:&:blowkiss::blowkiss::inlove::inlove:for my wife.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So of course after my mouth was watering from the discussion last night, I wound up reading an article about how bad fried food is, how bad greasy/fatty/oily food is, how bad excessive sugar consumption is, etc. All the health problems related to all the good food that I enjoy. Of course, I've known this for years, it isn't "new" news by any means. Health experts have been writing about all of these for nearly as long as I can remember.

GFY - but really, can't tell you how much better I'm feeling after 7 months of (except for vacation) eating a very restricted diet

Yeah, whined my head off that first couple of months, but boy howdy, very glad I listened to the doc

Am now thinking of going full-fledge Paleo

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A real man's fishing trip!
Good thing you're an alien or you'd have to go too!:eek:

Thing is, if I don't eat good, I don't FEEL good. Bummer, huh?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thing is, if I don't eat good, I don't FEEL good. Bummer, huh?

Recent experience has made me a believer
Yeah, I know there is certainly some truth to that. But boy is it hard to pass up the occasional pizza, Blooming Onion, fried, well fried just about anything (I even discovered in February that fried pickles are good, never would have guessed) and of course the sweets.
I do try to limit it, but my biggest weakness is probably the large amounts of pasta and potatoes in my diet. And of course the large amounts of cheese that often goes with the pasta.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I know there is certainly some truth to that. But boy is it hard to pass up the occasional pizza, Blooming Onion, fried, well fried just about anything (I even discovered in February that fried pickles are good, never would have guessed) and of course the sweets.
I do try to limit it, but my biggest weakness is probably the large amounts of pasta and potatoes in my diet. And of course the large amounts of cheese that often goes with the pasta.
Yea I love all the above, except for the fried pickles.. My bronchitis is back with a vengeance today but if I could, I'd eat something fried. Or a pizza. Unfortunately eating a whole meal would make me not be able to breathe. :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Recent experience has made me a believer :banana:

Yep. Thankfully, I don't have to restrict my diet nearly as much as you do... but when I stopped eating egg yolks and fatty beef (like fast food hamburgers!), the LACK of nausea has been a beautiful thing!

And I've recently learned to make burgers here at home I can actually eat, enjoy, and not suffer for: I use the 93% lean beef, which cooks up terribly hard and dry if you try to make burgers from it, just as it comes from the store. But I realized that my meatloafs made with it turned out so well, I could process the meat in a similar fashion -- add some seasoned bread crumbs, some egg whites, and also add a bit of extra-virgin olive oil to make up for the lack of fat in the beef... and they turn out GREAT!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
could be, although no other deep fried thing gives me heartburn.
I am serious this is the only thing that gives me heartburn.

Onion rings are deep fried and I love em!

Hmmm..... are they battered in some fashion? I've never actually eaten one, so my familiarity is very slight. If we go to Outback (only place I know that has them), I go nuts on the caesar salad, and dark-brown bread with real butter. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep they are dipped in something...
But again so are most deep fried things.

That's probably where the problem lies then, since you don't have any trouble with onion rings.

I LOVE the flavor of green bell peppers... but I can only use them to flavor my food, using big pieces that can be fished out easily, because if I eat the peppers themselves, I get the MOTHER of heartburn... which isn't something I get very often at all, but green peppers bring it on everytime, if I make the mistake of eating the pepper itself.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Before long, some sourdough bread :)

Was rootin around in the fridge and seen my sourdough starter thats been in the fridge for last six months or more, so got it out, added some flour to feed it and it should be ready to make some good ol bread soon. :D

VU Sponsors