Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bathing or cleaning up with some Borax soap can help. A good mixture of lemon juice, borax & H2O can work. Most bugs have a dislike of any citrus odor, borax is known to kill flies & roaches.
I'll keep that in mind, Morley.....:wave:

Although I don't plan on visiting ANY location in the near future which has shit that flies and draws blood.

Thank god for Arizona, I get excited when I see a Fly.....I begin looking for a body or carcass. The only thing which bite-sting here are scorpions and couple dozen other creatures, no flying-biting insects....it's too dry....:vino:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll keep that in mind, Morley.....:wave:

Although I don't plan on visiting ANY location in the near future which has shit that flies and draws blood.

Thank god for Arizona, I get excited when I see a Fly.....I begin looking for a body or carcass. The only thing which bite-sting here are scorpions and couple dozen other creatures, no flying-biting insects....it's too dry....:vino:
Shit that does what????
As for flying-biting insects, I'm pretty sure Arizona has one of the worst. Well, stinging rather than biting. But you do have tarantula wasps in your fine state.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shit that does what????
As for flying-biting insects, I'm pretty sure Arizona has one of the worst. Well, stinging rather than biting. But you do have tarantula wasps in your fine state.
I've never seen one, oddly....and I'm outside inspecting buildings usually seven days a week....:cry:

Ran into LOTS of honey bees though.....:)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@inspects ... I have a question for someone who lives out in that area. Lately I've been positively fascinated by pics and vids of Lake Mead, and how it's dropped thx to the SW drought, but I also keep hearing about how Lake Tahoe is past full-pool and running over, and of course earlier in the year there was that SNAFU at one of the California dams.... Why is the watershed recuperation going on in California not helping with Lake Mead? Doesn't last winter's heavy snow-pack further north drain into the Colorado river at all?

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@inspects ... I have a question for someone who lives out in that area. Lately I've been positively fascinated by pics and vids of Lake Mead, and how it's dropped thx to the SW drought, but I also keep hearing about how Lake Tahoe is past full-pool and running over, and of course earlier in the year there was that SNAFU at one of the California dams.... Why is the watershed recuperation going on in California not helping with Lake Mead? Doesn't last winter's heavy snow-pack further north drain into the Colorado river at all?

Andria
Yes, the snow-pack does drain into the Colorado...I believe they are using the water faster than it can be replenished. That's the only logical explanation I can think of. You don't hear a thing about Mead on the news here, just the republic of cali water issues. By rights, I would think the damn lake should be full.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the snow-pack does drain into the Colorado...I believe they are using the water faster than it can be replenished. That's the only logical explanation I can think of. You don't hear a thing about Mead on the news here, just the republic of cali water issues. By rights, I would think the damn lake should be full.

Hmmm.... well I guess Mead's lost so much, it might take some time to recover, and of course thx to the Hoover Dam, there's a whole of hydroelectric generation going on, which has to provide not just for CA, for also Vegas, which must take a BUTTLOAD of power to operate. I'm not certain, but I don't think Tahoe has any obligations in that regard.

I know that when the SE experienced a 10 yr drought, there was LOTS of fighting going on, downstream of the Chattahoochee (which provides hydroelectric for Atlanta and a lot more of GA), with FL raising hell because they weren't getting enough. But it's a much smaller lake (Lanier), so it didn't take too long to come back to full-pool once the rains came back. 2009 brought massive flooding to the whole SE, especially N. GA (where the Chattahoochee originates), and that got us back to full-pool in one year.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thought about an Avon product we used as a bug repellent, Skin So Soft. Not sure anyone can get it any more. It was something which worked, ergo TPTB will discontinue it, at least for the masses. Which brings me into CA water problems, got one word ... Nestle. They been sapping up water hand over fist from out of CA, not paying a thing for it either. They were also ones that drove indigenous peoples out of an area they had been in since before any of the could recall, just to get coca beans.

Sepultura a Brazilian metal group got rather inspired(read pissed off) & did an album titled Chaos A.D. . This album plays host to themes of massacres & forced removal of people from their native lands. In my humbled view, everyone ought to get an earful or two of the album at least twice, then listen to the song Straight Hate by the same group on their Roots Bloody Roots album. Not sure it alter much of anything yet one can hope.

ETA: Standard Disclaimer applies, I am not saying Nestle is wholly responsible for atrocities. I am saying it is my understanding they very well may have been. As per usual I do not confer or deny, merely saying I'm unsure and taking things based upon the experience/s conveyed by others.

Had to include that.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thought about an Avon product we used as a bug repellent, Skin So Soft. Not sure anyone can get it any more. It was something which worked, ergo TPTB will discontinue it, at least for the masses. Which brings me into CA water problems, got one word ... Nestle. They been sapping up water hand over fist from out of CA, not paying a thing for it either. They were also ones that drove indigenous peoples out of an area they had been in since before any of the could recall, just to get coca beans.

Sepultura a Brazilian metal group got rather inspired(read pissed off) & did an album titled Chaos A.D. . This album plays host to themes of massacres & forced removal of people from their native lands. In my humbled view, everyone ought to get an earful or two of the album at least twice, then listen to the song Straight Hate by the same group on their Roots Bloody Roots album. Not sure it alter much of anything yet one can hope.

ETA: Standard Disclaimer applies, I am not saying Nestle is wholly responsible for atrocities. I am saying it is my understanding they very well may have been. As per usual I do not confer or deny, merely saying I'm unsure and taking things based upon the experience/s conveyed by others.

Had to include that.

Used Avons skin so soft many times while working at night. Worked good against mosquito's but you smelled like a french hoe.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's. Sitting here trying to wake up :coffee2:

Gotta mix some juice today. I mix up big bottles of favorite ejuices and then fill smaller bottles from them for daily usage and my bottle of Cherry Ice Cream ran dry last week. :( After the flood a lot of stuff like flavors was just thrown into a box and now almost a year later and I am still far from organized so mixing can be a royal pain in the ass. Yall would trip out if you seen how much mixing stuff I have :gaah: I really need to make time to sort all this crap out :giggle:

Anyways, GFY my fugee friends :D

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's. Sitting here trying to wake up :coffee2:

Gotta mix some juice today. I mix up big bottles of favorite ejuices and then fill smaller bottles from them for daily usage and my bottle of Cherry Ice Cream ran dry last week. :( After the flood a lot of stuff like flavors was just thrown into a box and now almost a year later and I am still far from organized so mixing can be a royal pain in the ass. Yall would trip out if you seen how much mixing stuff I have :gaah: I really need to make time to sort all this crap out :giggle:

Anyways, GFY my fugee friends :D
GFY choppy!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Had to include that.

Coca beans? Did you mean the stuff used to make an illicit substance? I wasn't aware that any of that grew in the US. Or the cacao beans used to make chocolate? Or something else entirely?

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Somebody say chocolate??? :bunny:

No one said it yet but if ya insist........

Write-chocolate2.jpg

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the cacao bean

That one, apologies for conflating the two. Often confuse them. A doctor put me on the other to help migraines. Sure it helped, knocked me down harder than a ton of brick. Mom's aunt who had used come in one day, saw the pills and took a sample. "Why yes it is!" She went to her car and brought me in a two pound bag of chocolate. "Eat all that up when you feel the next one coming on. I'll have your mom flush these damn pills." Ergo, I now can forgive myself confusing them. :)

Mom also fought the county school board to take me off Ritalin, simply because the teachers did not like an imaginative young lad what solved problems by creating stories, metaphors, parables. I could out adult my adult teachers from around the start of first grade. Kind of caused a little flack. "Send a note home, he's going to be doped" , the school system decided was the answer.

Hm, recalling that time frame, around the start of first grade ... it was also then I quit accepting the idea of Santa Claus. ... Gimmie a sec. Some crazy m-effer decided that Christmas was when he needed to give the gift of beating. I was not his, never would be. He had one coming in mom. I could forget Santa, he was Santa and he didn't give, ... . Well, you can get the idea. Excuse me while I go disassociate and expunge raw emotion a bit.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mom also fought the county school board to take me off Ritalin, simply because the teachers did not like an imaginative young lad what solved problems by creating stories, metaphors, parables. I could out adult my adult teachers from around the start of first grade. Kind of caused a little flack. "Send a note home, he's going to be doped" , the school system decided was the answer.

Heh. One of my son's teachers once told me that she thought my son needed medication for his ADD. I told her "What he needs is a shorter term and faster classes, and I'm not going to medicate my square peg to make him fit into the school's round hole, so do your job and TEACH HIM."

:)
Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:) Good morning. :coffee: :coffee: & :hug: :hug:s all around for those what need. Yesterday, I looked at a movie on tubiTV. Rampage: President Down it was called. The thrust of it focuses on a notorious mass murder and his quest to initiate a revolt of the poor eating the rich by (Disclaimer: Fictional movie plot aspect, not a threat.) killing POTUS, Vice POTUS, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Speaker of the House ... the entire top tier of the Executive Branch.

I was reminded of both a book & movie titled Helter Skelter which explored the alleged motivations, rationale and such of Charles Manson. Well, sure that at times I might entertain stark views, I am as equally sure nowhere near that level of mentally challenged. Cannot fathom the use of violence as a means to an end. Will admit in all human candor, yes, there are times letting go might at least feel good. Still yet, I know more so the better.

Told my wife that the movie I saw yesterday left me with a numb sense of "oh gee, there's two hours of life I'll not make up." In short, life can suck but death doesn't put out at all. ;) :) So why not start a good weekend?

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally some good news from the FDA! Would like to see more, but it's a start, regulations are being delayed. Here is a quote from an FDA press release:
"The agency plans to issue this guidance describing a new enforcement policy shortly. Under expected revised timelines, applications for newly-regulated combustible products, such as cigars, pipe tobacco and hookah tobacco, would be submitted by Aug. 8, 2021, and applications for non-combustible products such as ENDS or e-cigarettes would be submitted by Aug. 8, 2022. Additionally, the FDA expects that manufacturers would continue to market products while the agency reviews product applications."

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Finally some good news from the FDA! Would like to see more, but it's a start, regulations are being delayed. Here is a quote from an FDA press release:
"The agency plans to issue this guidance describing a new enforcement policy shortly. Under expected revised timelines, applications for newly-regulated combustible products, such as cigars, pipe tobacco and hookah tobacco, would be submitted by Aug. 8, 2021, and applications for non-combustible products such as ENDS or e-cigarettes would be submitted by Aug. 8, 2022. Additionally, the FDA expects that manufacturers would continue to market products while the agency reviews product applications."

Something for GFYTGIF

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Florida say they arrested a man who robbed a bank, stripped naked and ran down the street throwing stolen money - a spectacle that he somehow thought would jump-start his career as a comedian.
Guess he was funny looking?
Yeah for the FDA news!!!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's great that sellers can continue selling for 5 more yrs, but I'm still really pissed about all the shit that happened after Aug 8 last year, when the only store-bought ejuice I still bought had to be discontinued -- it was SweetVapes' "house brand," which I liked because I could specify 80% PG, and then adjust it upward to 85% with some tweaking at home. It's probably gone forever. *sigh*

Sounds like MAYBE the new HMFIC of the FDA has a bit more of a brain in his head, but we'll need to see these "revised" regulations before we can really commence with the hallelujah'ing.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And hey, GFY errybody. We're supposed to be getting a godzilla of a storm in a little while; my cat is not pleased (with having to stay indoors). ;)

Andria

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's great that sellers can continue selling for 5 more yrs, but I'm still really pissed about all the shit that happened after Aug 8 last year, when the only store-bought ejuice I still bought had to be discontinued -- it was SweetVapes' "house brand," which I liked because I could specify 80% PG, and then adjust it upward to 85% with some tweaking at home. It's probably gone forever. *sigh*

Sounds like MAYBE the new HMFIC of the FDA has a bit more of a brain in his head, but we'll need to see these "revised" regulations before we can really commence with the hallelujah'ing.

Andria
Yeah, for now I see it as a big step in the right direction but of course we need to see what else comes from it.
It seems they are re-opening the public comment period in addition to delaying the effective date of the regs. Also the official release indicates that they want to allow for innovation in the market, and hints at the idea of harm reduction being a reason for the delay. So positive steps, but we aren't all the way there yet.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just so pleased that my son has taken to vaping so well -- I was worried he might be one of these "but it's not really like smoking" idjits. :facepalm: But having live-in mentoring and maintenance tutoring has gotta be a lot easier way to get started than how most of us did it. :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm just so pleased that my son has taken to vaping so well -- I was worried he might be one of these "but it's not really like smoking" idjits. :facepalm: But having live-in mentoring and maintenance tutoring has gotta be a lot easier way to get started than how most of us did it. :)

Andria
He's really lucky to have you.
Will sales of vape stuff drop in the US now that the FDA deadline has been extended?

btw
Vaping did nothing to save me from a life of misery.
Oh come on Mister alien. You can't be that miserable.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am still waiting in line at the pharmacy for all of my many medications. All my vitals are good and my oxygen level is 97 which is excellent. They think I actually have asthma. And I go in for a lung function test on August 8th. It's been a rough two months for sure.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:(

Sad you are on all that - but hope you get to feeling better and soon
Thanks Lucy. It's getting old. Almost 2 months since I got sick. I stopped on the way home and picked up some fried chicken with fried ocra and ate 3 legs before I pulled in the driveway! If I have trouble breathing after that, I have the nebulizer. I just wanted to eat! All I've had for the past few days is soup and 2 slices of pizza.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as you don't hang around too many exclusive FB groups. People are paying obscene amounts of many for these so called "exclusive" mods in those groups.

I'd call it "insane" amounts of money. I'm way too big a skinflint for that bullshit. :giggle: In fact, I'm sure that a large part of my conservative vaping style is because of how much less costly it is to vape 5ml a day, than 20-30 or more. ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors