Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees.....hope everyone had a fantastic day....was beautiful here, about 110 in the shade...not loving it this week.....:cry:....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tis :)
Trust you are doing well also, as long as you are in the shade?
Just had blood work done last week...my A1C is now 5.1 and thyroid is 2.3....I'm on my way to heaven I think....:)

All these bizarre nutrients I been eating and swallowing are panning out....!!

And, eating like you, nothing but the best baby, nothing but the best......:D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just had blood work done last week...my A1C is now 5.1 and thyroid is 2.3....I'm on my way to heaven I think....:)

All these bizarre nutrients I been eating and swallowing are panning out....!!

And, eating like you, nothing but the best baby, nothing but the best......:D

Yep - it is the key. I'm seriously eyeing going full on Paleo

My RA has simmered down considerably (the goal is complete remission) and it has at least stopped attacking my liver. Still having a few adrenal issues, but less and less.

I can actually move freely and my energy level is incredible

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My RA has simmered down considerably (the goal is complete remission) and it has at least stopped attacking my liver. Still having a few adrenal issues, but less and less.

Fantastic news, Juice...it's amazing what GOOD food will do for folks with health issues...!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Fantastic news!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning fugees! My daughter woke the puppy up who immediately had to go out so I'm up a little earlier than normal. Tis ok. I can either catch a nap later or go to bed earlier.

I figure I must be in pretty good shape health wise. I'm 60 years old, can work 6,7 days a week at a fairly physical job with no complaints other than occasional soreness. The one thing about being broke though is it cut out my fast food so I'm cooking more, eating more veggies and emptying my freezer. :)
Now I'm heading for more :coffee2: :ejuice::cloud:. Don't forget to GFY! :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning fugees! My daughter woke the puppy up who immediately had to go out so I'm up a little earlier than normal. Tis ok. I can either catch a nap later or go to bed earlier.

I figure I must be in pretty good shape health wise. I'm 60 years old, can work 6,7 days a week at a fairly physical job with no complaints other than occasional soreness. The one thing about being broke though is it cut out my fast food so I'm cooking more, eating more veggies and emptying my freezer. :)
Now I'm heading for more :coffee2: :ejuice::cloud:. Don't forget to GFY! :)
You could run circles around me! lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sounds like some hot :poop:

Yay! Hot shit now. :) Have we had any new :poop: aside from this hot :poop:?

I figure I must be in pretty good shape health wise. I'm 60 years old, can work 6,7 days a week at a fairly physical job with no complaints other than occasional soreness.

I have an aspiration that would likely frighten any doctor. Want to be like my wife's grandfather who at 90 years young put up a plank through a ladder on one end, hollered at me to grab and hold the other end. He was a good ten feet up off the ground, sawing and then hammer a sheet of tin onto a pole barn. Old goat even was dancing a jig. His son was there and kind of cut me a hard glance. "I'll not drop him." I told him and I didn't, despite needing to wiggle all around to keep the plank under him.

Been told though I've already done about twice or three times more than any doctor would have expected someone like me of doing. Got asked how I was able to do it. My wife chimed in, "either nobody told him any different, or they said he couldn't." Her granddad and I shared that same cloth. :) He was always telling me how he had done this or that around here, all the more inspired by his friend coming by and saying it couldn't be done and if so he couldn't do it. The punch line / catch phrase for us being, "an so, I did."

Yes, want to be like him. :) Have a few things to keep in check to get there. Need to flat out eliminate stress/frustration, drop probably 50lbs or so and get in fair shape. Have let myself go too much and am starting to know it.

Well, get some :coffee: and a little more :cloud:. I'll get to tending my Hellions. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay! Hot shit now. :) Have we had any new :poop: aside from this hot :poop:?

I have an aspiration that would likely frighten any doctor. Want to be like my wife's grandfather who at 90 years young put up a plank through a ladder on one end, hollered at me to grab and hold the other end. He was a good ten feet up off the ground, sawing and then hammer a sheet of tin onto a pole barn. Old goat even was dancing a jig. His son was there and kind of cut me a hard glance. "I'll not drop him." I told him and I didn't, despite needing to wiggle all around to keep the plank under him.

Been told though I've already done about twice or three times more than any doctor would have expected someone like me of doing. Got asked how I was able to do it. My wife chimed in, "either nobody told him any different, or they said he couldn't." Her granddad and I shared that same cloth. :) He was always telling me how he had done this or that around here, all the more inspired by his friend coming by and saying it couldn't be done and if so he couldn't do it. The punch line / catch phrase for us being, "an so, I did."

Yes, want to be like him. :) Have a few things to keep in check to get there. Need to flat out eliminate stress/frustration, drop probably 50lbs or so and get in fair shape. Have let myself go too much and am starting to know it.

Well, get some :coffee: and a little more :cloud:. I'll get to tending my Hellions. :)
I'm a lot like that as well. If you tell me I can't do something, I'm going to show you that yes I can. And proceed to do so. :)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning y'all. Hope everyone is having a good day today.
Juicy, glad to hear you are still getting much better. How are things going with Mr Juicy these days?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just look at this absolute, unmitigated BULLSHIT:

tracking.jpg

3 FUCKING DAYS IN A ROW?????? SCANNED AT THE EXACT SAME MOMENT?????? :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good morning y'all. Hope everyone is having a good day today.
Juicy, glad to hear you are still getting much better. How are things going with Mr Juicy these days?

A cordial GFY also :D

Mr Juicy is not well at all :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's done nothing but rain all week!

You keep it down there, too. Don't need much more rain up this way. I'm benched from mowing with the trimmers for a while. It seems someone, somehow fouled up the fuel ah system we had in place. As a result, me not being able to smell used what I thought was mixed fuel for a trimmer.

The fuel I used was in the container I had been told would be the proper fuel. It looked to be the proper color to me. Not sure if me tasting it would have mattered, still may have presumed it proper fuel. The whole point being someone fouled up the way the fuel was handled and did not let me know, then apparently they figure to slide the blame all unto me.

This sliding of blame of course, is not going to happen. The logic used to attempt the feat is totally bull :poop:, for three sound rational premises. Wife told me to not worry about it being a jungle. She will eventually get 'round to buying a trimmer specifically for myself alone, including a fuel can I can ensure keeps the same fuel mix. Told her that I'd rather not need to do such a thing when her grandfather saw clear and happily let me use his trimmers. Besides that, we keep sinking money here, we get further from our one day "ours".

Of course, I kind of think that's the whole plan asserted by her BIL and sister, make our lives living Hell. Seems I am not alone in thinking her BIL is jealous that she married me and not him. Point of fact, she had no interest in him beyond a college friend that had one or two classes in common. I did not interrupt a thing at all and was not sneaking. Me and her met over the InterWebs and chatted about three months.

I asked her to marry sight unseen, she had never sent me a picture. Still knew I love her. Her fault I asked too. She called me her boyfriend. I figured why let a good thing go? He had not made any action on any intention he might have had. One of her other college friends told her that he got upset upon learning she was going to marry me, because the friend said that he (the BIL) had designs.

All of that in my mind goes back to being his problem/s and not mine. But yeah, of course he can work toward making it my problem/s. I have to recall discretion in the sense of knowing when to walk away is the better of means. At times that's down right aggravation with a capital pissed off. Hopefully now, folks here can more clearly understand my situation and see why I do chomp at the bit to be moving from here.

And yes, I've been looking for engaging work outside of the home. Yes, I've looked into hiring out as a coolie handyman. It isn't that I'm lacking on the trying to help her bit, it's lack of work being at hand or being far too little paid to even offer any help. Until you consider fuel costs, auto upkeep it's difficult to take $9.00 hrly for a job a half hour away. You go broke trying to work and make money ahead.

Aw, well. I'm just some old nutty country boy what ain't got two licks of sense. ;) :) Think I need another :coffee: and see if I can find another batch of freelance writing sites. The one I was considering had some technical issues that prohibited me using it. They used a mass market email referral system off their site to be accurate, and well I'm not keen on U.C.E.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You keep it down there, too. Don't need much more rain up this way. I'm benched from mowing with the trimmers for a while. It seems someone, somehow fouled up the fuel ah system we had in place. As a result, me not being able to smell used what I thought was mixed fuel for a trimmer.

The fuel I used was in the container I had been told would be the proper fuel. It looked to be the proper color to me. Not sure if me tasting it would have mattered, still may have presumed it proper fuel. The whole point being someone fouled up the way the fuel was handled and did not let me know, then apparently they figure to slide the blame all unto me.

This sliding of blame of course, is not going to happen. The logic used to attempt the feat is totally bull :poop:, for three sound rational premises. Wife told me to not worry about it being a jungle. She will eventually get 'round to buying a trimmer specifically for myself alone, including a fuel can I can ensure keeps the same fuel mix. Told her that I'd rather not need to do such a thing when her grandfather saw clear and happily let me use his trimmers. Besides that, we keep sinking money here, we get further from our one day "ours".

Of course, I kind of think that's the whole plan asserted by her BIL and sister, make our lives living Hell. Seems I am not alone in thinking her BIL is jealous that she married me and not him. Point of fact, she had no interest in him beyond a college friend that had one or two classes in common. I did not interrupt a thing at all and was not sneaking. Me and her met over the InterWebs and chatted about three months.

I asked her to marry sight unseen, she had never sent me a picture. Still knew I love her. Her fault I asked too. She called me her boyfriend. I figured why let a good thing go? He had not made any action on any intention he might have had. One of her other college friends told her that he got upset upon learning she was going to marry me, because the friend said that he (the BIL) had designs.

All of that in my mind goes back to being his problem/s and not mine. But yeah, of course he can work toward making it my problem/s. I have to recall discretion in the sense of knowing when to walk away is the better of means. At times that's down right aggravation with a capital pissed off. Hopefully now, folks here can more clearly understand my situation and see why I do chomp at the bit to be moving from here.

And yes, I've been looking for engaging work outside of the home. Yes, I've looked into hiring out as a coolie handyman. It isn't that I'm lacking on the trying to help her bit, it's lack of work being at hand or being far too little paid to even offer any help. Until you consider fuel costs, auto upkeep it's difficult to take $9.00 hrly for a job a half hour away. You go broke trying to work and make money ahead.

Aw, well. I'm just some old nutty country boy what ain't got two licks of sense. ;) :) Think I need another :coffee: and see if I can find another batch of freelance writing sites. The one I was considering had some technical issues that prohibited me using it. They used a mass market email referral system off their site to be accurate, and well I'm not keen on U.C.E.

That fuel-mix shit is why I bought my husband an electric weed whacker, and electric lawn mower, and electric chainsaw -- I can't ABIDE that fucking stench of burning oil that comes from those engines that used that mixed shit! Goddamn it's as bad as road tar if not worse, and that stench will make me drive 10 miles out of my way to avoid it! I mean... I've always hated that godawful reek, but now that I don't have a noseful of protective cigarette smoke??? GAWD it's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2 Cycle engines do not smell if the fuel is properly mixed and the fuel mixture is correct. Tool is only as good as the hands using it.........

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
f04dc5f0a2f72031f40eb49f4d25a8ba--big-mouth-quotes-small-minds.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2 Cycle engines do not smell if the fuel is properly mixed and the fuel mixture is correct. Tool is only as good as the hands using it.........

I fare quite well using these Stihl trimmers. The only time I have difficulty seems to happen when I'm over a barrel to rely on others.

That fuel-mix shit is why I bought my husband an electric weed whacker, and electric lawn mower, and electric chainsaw --

I wouldn't mind using electric if it could be afforded to get quality tools, what held charge enough to work, and work hard. As it is anything of such keen would cost my left testicle & I don't need the right one to get any ideas. :)

ETA: Curse tiny pain in the ass grub screws. Okay, I feel better. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had my Stihl so long the fuel lines dried out and I had to replace them! Fishing that hose into the fuel tank and installing the filter was a bitch but still working great and using the heavy duty trimmer line (.095") make sure yo do not hit something like a plastic garden ornament or it gets sliced.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I fare quite well using these Stihl trimmers. The only time I have difficulty seems to happen when I'm over a barrel to rely on others.

I wouldn't mind using electric if it could be afforded to get quality tools, what held charge enough to work, and work hard. As it is anything of such keen would cost my left testicle & I don't need the right one to get any ideas. :)

ETA: Curse tiny pain in the ass grub screws. Okay, I feel better. :)

These aren't battery-powered -- they're actually plugged in. My husband has about 500 ft of heavy-duty grounded electric extension cord. We have a .26 acre lot. Works great. :)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had my Stihl so long the fuel lines dried out and I had to replace them! Fishing that hose into the fuel tank and installing the filter was a bitch but still working great and using the heavy duty trimmer line (.095") make sure yo do not hit something like a plastic garden ornament or it gets sliced.

Yep, her sister is going around chopping up water hoses the little she does any with a F66 Stihl. The F85 seems now to be in a constant state of disrepair. That makes me rather sad given I respected her grandfather highly & those trimmers & chainsaws of his remind me of him so well. I think this last time it had something to do with the starter coil for the pull string.

These aren't battery-powered -- they're actually plugged in. My husband has about 500 ft of heavy-duty grounded electric extension cord. We have a .26 acre lot. Works great. :)

Well I've got roughly probably an acre that is set out of three acres to get to with trimmers. A good portion of that lies nearly straight uphill. I reckon the grading is around 70 to 83 degrees inclined. It is clod up packed clay dirt, stones. That makes it at least doable to try standing up on it.

When I go out to trim it, I loosen up and act drunk as that way I avoid over thinking the steps and winding injured severely at the bottom of the hill. If I rely on her granddad's spirit to guide me, I know he'll be trying to kill me. Heard him keep telling me, I had three more steps behind me before dropping off of a ledge, down some five to six foot to the next level of ground.

This is how I know that when a spirit comes to me claiming to be one our granddad's if it is or isn't. Our granddad's all affectionately try killing me. :) Damn old mules, they keep trying to work me to death if they get half a chance. I do not mind though. Someone needs to mind that I'm too occupied to worry over all the scary shit going on in our shared world, not that I'm too afeered of much of anything, well except tight spaces & being told to drive a regular car/truck.

Well, reckon I'll get some :coffee2: so @JuicyLucy can get her :coffee: :) & some :cloud:, piddle here just a little then go tend the dogs. After that, well I'm not sure. Will figure it out.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hate hearing the hubby aint doin good Lucy :( Hope things improve for him.

I have one of those electric piece of shit chainsaws. If you live someplace with a next to non existent yard I guess they would be ok. If you have a real yard then these type of saws are limited to the length of the electric cord. If you try to stretch a couple cords together then you have a massive amp drop that will burn the saw motor out pretty quick. Recently I bought one of these I believe Kobalt is the brand name, 40 volt battery pack chainsaw. Now that lil thing has impressed me. I have nothing against a real saw and have a few but after pulling that rope a few times, Im panting as soon as I get it started so kinda a pain in the ass for me to use. The 40 volt one all I gotta do is carry it our to where I need it, make my cuts and thats it. Easy peasy. I have cut over 6 inch limbs with at and no problems. Plus the battery last a good while. Very impressive.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Impressive, I wouldn't have expected a battery pack chainsaw to handle anything more than a couple inches. Guess they are better than I thought.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depends on the tool although I use my Dewalt Screw Gun / Drill all the time I still carry the corded drill because just like in vape MOD's, batteries run out when you really need them. My Back up is the corded drill!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hate hearing the hubby aint doin good Lucy :( Hope things improve for him.

I have one of those electric piece of shit chainsaws. If you live someplace with a next to non existent yard I guess they would be ok. If you have a real yard then these type of saws are limited to the length of the electric cord. If you try to stretch a couple cords together then you have a massive amp drop that will burn the saw motor out pretty quick. Recently I bought one of these I believe Kobalt is the brand name, 40 volt battery pack chainsaw. Now that lil thing has impressed me. I have nothing against a real saw and have a few but after pulling that rope a few times, Im panting as soon as I get it started so kinda a pain in the ass for me to use. The 40 volt one all I gotta do is carry it our to where I need it, make my cuts and thats it. Easy peasy. I have cut over 6 inch limbs with at and no problems. Plus the battery last a good while. Very impressive.

I dunno; his massive grounded heavy-duty electric line is all one piece, on an enormous spool; he plugs it in, and then just unrolls it as needed. Works great on our quarter-acre.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Spool length and AWG matters for using power tools because of voltage drop even at 50-100 feet. Something to be aware of..............

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Impressive, I wouldn't have expected a battery pack chainsaw to handle anything more than a couple inches. Guess they are better than I thought.

Same boat with you on that. Wife has brought in nothing but the cheaper end battery operated or electric string trimmers. That leaves a bad experience behind when a tool made to cut grass will nae cut three blades of it a'fore it dies out.

Kinda what I thought Kadly but battery powered tools have come a long way so went ahead and gave one a try. Glad I did.

I'm not knocking the idea of battery powered tools completely. Shoot, i would not mind using them if they preformed and functioned as required. Of course, I would admittedly need the heavy duty rated ones, as use for me may include hard use. Once I get rolling everything becomes 'git 'er done!'

Although, after yesterday I have some doubting the come along in my hitch. Barely got to the top of our hill to check the mailbox due to very severe sciatic pain. The fun part? It has moved from the port side to starboard.

Did a little reading on that thanks to a cousin. She posted a link to some physical therapy exercises for relief of lower back pain on her Facebook. What was learned is the sciatic nerve cluster can actually go through a main muscle trunk, become entangled, pinched ergo inflamed and sheer pain. It would figure such would be the case with me. :giggle:

So when next I see the battle axe nurse that's my GP, going to ask to be put on muscle relaxants when needed. That will move me away from taking something derived from xxium which, well, I do not have a problem with but would rather avoid having such. I'll hold the last of what I have here for dire emergency but not fill any more of the prescription for it. She knows my wife will hold me to the mast.

If I use muscle relaxants, gee the muscles relax, tackling the root of the nerves being pinched. Have used flexeril before, at worst it might knock me out for a nap. Half dislike that but if it helps clear pain and I can get back to rolling, so much the better.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is one major drawback, to using electric yard tools.... You know how when it starts to rain, you try to get that last row completed? Yeah that can't happen if you're using a plugged-in tool, you might as well drop the blow-dryer in the bathtub. :giggle: But it suits me, since cutting grass, or walking on the ground at all when it's wet, is really bad for growing things.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But it suits me, since cutting grass, or walking on the ground at all when it's wet, is really bad for growing things.

Like the feel of damp Earth on and under my bare feet as the first Spring rain falls on my naked body. Also like the kiss of the first falling snow of the Winter Excuse me, seems morning medicines are intent I nap.

-- Not sure of the accuracy, or credibility of this but thought it warranted passing on. Might be time for using Waterfox.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning Fugees - today we resume having garage sales

If anyone is in the hood this weekend, I still have a few glass chickens left, as well as an impressive collection of unused kitchen gadgets and a chain saw statue of Santa

VU Sponsors