JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn! We sold a lot of crap gently used goods at low prices

A slimer from the Philippines bought the last of the glass chickens and tomorrow I can haul out all the junky highly desirable "As Seen On TV" shit items

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning fuggerinos. How's things in the fugger world?

:hug::blowkiss:
Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just peachy. going out to figure out what fell apart in my table saw.
Worked till 11 last night on a gate for the back yard.
Something fell apart in the table saw and it quit working properly.

Also vaped some fir flavored vape :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Likely better than fur flavored

And everyone GFY

More garage saling today :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dang, again? How many garages do you need to sell? :giggle:

I would buy her garage but shipping would be horrible.

Would be well worth the freight - we have a lot of cool stuff!

Haven't finished going through the real treasure - ivory carvings, vaseline glass, demilitarized hand grenades, trench art - and another box of audio books on cassette that belonged to a deceased person, lmao

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clive Barker = gooey over-the-top horror. Like Stephen King having a REALLY gooey nightmare, but with much less literate writing.

Andria
Ahh Have no interest in King or Barker then.

Enough true horror in real life without going hunting for it and rolling in it for entertainment....

same here on the reading. Can suck down a LL western in a couple of hours.

Used to test out at 600+ WPM with a 90% comprehension level on entertainment stuff.

MUCH slower on technical stuff.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh Have no interest in King or Barker then.

Enough true horror in real life without going hunting for it and rolling in it for entertainment....

same here on the reading. Can suck down a LL western in a couple of hours.

Used to test out at 600+ WPM with a 90% comprehension level on entertainment stuff.

MUCH slower on technical stuff.

I'll read most anything King writes just because he writes it so damn WELL... but I prefer when he writes stuff other than horror; The Dark Tower epic was truly that, his Magnum Opus... and he's written a few "noir" detective things too, which are also really good. I just love the way that man puts words together, he's fucking brilliant.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me it is something like "I breathe, therefore I read." Without something, ANYTHING to read, I'm like a junkie deprived of my favorite fix. But thx to Kindle, I'll most likely never be in that position again -- at home, I read on my tablet, but anywhere else, I have this marvelous 6" phone ("phablet") and many hundreds of books in my Amazon cloud, thx to Bookbub -- most of them were free, or less than $3. :)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me it is something like "I breathe, therefore I read." Without something, ANYTHING to read, I'm like a junkie deprived of my favorite fix.

Words, the original computing virus. :)

The human brain being akin in many ways to computers requires programs to operate. Culture, tradition, indoctrination provide the bare essential operating system. In a perfect world all that would taught would be a capacity to think for oneself and not what to think accordingly to some authority. Propaganda, a means to instill or reprogram and tell one what to think uses words to those ends, even in fiction, in art.

That is not why it is a chore for me. Reading is a chore for the droning aspect of requiring focus on my part. Add in measures used to combat the above, nearly a war of decades lies in reading two pages then for me. No wonder then I go to sleep far too easily. For you the droning doesn't exist as that is what seems your ***ck c*caine. :) It addicts you, especially quality writing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Words, the original computing virus. :)

The human brain being akin in many ways to computers requires programs to operate. Culture, tradition, indoctrination provide the bare essential operating system. In a perfect world all that would taught would be a capacity to think for oneself and not what to think accordingly to some authority. Propaganda, a means to instill or reprogram and tell one what to think uses words to those ends, even in fiction, in art.

That is not why it is a chore for me. Reading is a chore for the droning aspect of requiring focus on my part. Add in measures used to combat the above, nearly a war of decades lies in reading two pages then for me. No wonder then I go to sleep far too easily. For you the droning doesn't exist as that is what seems your ***ck c*caine. :) It addicts you, especially quality writing.

Well, the actual ACT of reading is, to me, absolutely transparent; that only changes if I'm reading something non-fiction, or some of those prolix 19th-cent authors -- I did read War & Peace, mainly as background on the Napoleonic Wars for a thing I was writing at the time, but damn it was a slog; took more than 100 pgs just to get invested in the story. :facepalm: (and I never have been able to get into Dr Zhivago enough to know if I'd like it or not!)

But even non-fiction, if it's well-written and on a subject that interests me, becomes almost completely transparent. I learned to read fast and effortlessly by reading the signs on the expressways around Atlanta; as a child I competed with myself to see how much of the sign I could read before we were zooming past -- considering the 70mph speed limit at the time, and that I'm slightly nearsighted, that was a REAL competition, but now I read in chunks, rather than words or lines.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I got a new electric mower last week. Tried it this weekend. Piece of junk! i've had electric mowers for years, and this one, OMG. The blade already bent!!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I assume you are talking about the part that looks something like one of these, in which case replacements are available fairly cheap for many models.
db18884d-8b69-4f60-875a-0141d6fc9c62_1.8f218ded1f33ce1795f0d2e66be6a548.jpeg
31phlK4nQqL.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I appreciate all the advice guys. I'm just bummed cause I didn't want to to any kind of difficult work since I'm FINALLY getting better. (I say difficult because it's 100 degrees outside and I don't feel like messing with parts in this heat) Even the contractor won't return my calls. I usually do MOST of the home improvement stuff myself. But I'm tired of getting lung funk every time I work on something. My toilet in the extra bath is falling through the floor. :( I guess if I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'll find someone else. If I'm having so much trouble with them BEFORE they start working, imagine what it would be like AFTER.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
yeah.
I am even nice for a bit to the Jehovas Witnesses. Until they will not leave my doorstep.
They act offended that I will not accept their pamphlet.
And when I tell them I will just throw it in the trash....

As long as they aren't at my house and aren't obnoxious I'm polite

I always refuse Watch Towers and offers for free copies of the Book of Mormon

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just point to the sign my husband made, and slam the door:

nosoliciting.jpg

:)
Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Holy shit - I made a chocolate pudding out of an avocado, a banana and some raw cacao

Now I feel like I drank about 14 bottles of Pepsi - am almost zinging off the walls, lol

Gonna have to try this for breakfast soon

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Holy shit - I made a chocolate pudding out of an avocado, a banana and some raw cacao

Now I feel like I drank about 14 bottles of Pepsi - am almost zinging off the walls, lol

Gonna have to try this for breakfast soon

I've recently been eating a lot of avocados, as apparently it's high in magnesium, and I'm still desperately trying to fix the leg cramp problem. 60% cacao dark chocolate too, also high in magnesium. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. *sigh*

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I really don't like avacados but this was so rich I couldn't eat as much as I was going to - was super delicious though and I feel super energy right now. Heart rate is high, 106 bpm. Frickin' theobromine is potent shit. Blood pressure is still great, 106 over 72!

VU Sponsors