Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really don't like avacados but this was so rich I couldn't eat as much as I was going to - was super delicious though and I feel super energy right now. Heart rate is high, 106 bpm. Frickin' theobromine is potent shit. Blood pressure is still great, 106 over 72!

My son doesn't like avocado either, which completely perplexes me... what's not to like? He loves guacamole! I don't get it.

I always used to regard them as "luxury food," not being from California, but if they'll help me with my leg cramps, they move from the luxury column to the necessity column. Just as the expensive coconut water did.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My son doesn't like avocado either, which completely perplexes me... what's not to like? He loves guacamole! I don't get it.

I always used to regard them as "luxury food," not being from California, but if they'll help me with my leg cramps, they move from the luxury column to the necessity column. Just as the expensive coconut water did.

Andria

I'm trying to find ways to enjoy foods like avocados that I really don't like by themselves or in their natural state

All vegetables and stuff like that are ridiculously priced where I live, but I figure medical care is even more expensive and less effective than nutrition at this point

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah.
I am even nice for a bit to the Jehovas Witnesses. Until they will not leave my doorstep.
They act offended that I will not accept their pamphlet.
And when I tell them I will just throw it in the trash....
My sister sicked her dog on them once. And then laughed for a week's talking about how they were running to get to their car in high heels. She does have a Mean Streak.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did read War & Peace, mainly as background on the Napoleonic Wars for a thing I was writing at the time, but damn it was a slog; took more than 100 pgs just to get invested in the story. :facepalm: (and I never have been able to get into Dr Zhivago enough to know if I'd like it or not!)

I think you would if you could get into it. When a boy I never thought I would get past three pages of Ivahoe, read the whole series of stories that was compiled as one book. My stepdad's mom gave me reading as a gift. She let me know it was alright to escape in stories. :)

Now, I only fall asleep after a few paragraphs of reading anything. It probably has to do with cognitive issues for me. Nearly my whole life now spent multi-tasking and then stopping to focus in one one task lets exhaustion creep up. Bah, you know what, I am blaming the Orange Emperor. He seems too keen to be having the blame of late. So, it's all Donald Trump's fault I fall asleep when I read. :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Goooooooooooooooooooood Morning clan o' fu to the gee. I hope everyone has a great day today, if you're having troubles with that, well GFY! You'll feel better afterwards and possibly enjoy some hint of genius during the after glow. If not at least you had some self loving to remind you to love, live, learn, laugh. While I'm up a bit big old heap of :hug: :hug: :hug: to all that need 'em, if you get too many pass a few on to folks in your lives, even total strangers need hugs. :) There's :coffee2: & :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: for those needing the java bean from that Juan Guy.

Not much for happening here. Still a bit benched from the mowing. Need to get a little caught up so wife can manage buying a new Stihl trimmer / brush cutter especially to be all my very own, I will call her name Betsy and on odd days she'll be a he known as Jefferson. May all our automatons be long lived transgendered units, in this way they remain ever the visceral fucking machines.

Meanwhile back at the mental ranch ... I have started piddling just a wee at scribbling those word things again. It ain't nothing serious yet, mostly brainstorming and setting out the tools.

Me and wife discussed her getting me the new trimmer. "That way, you take it with us when we move out," she told me. We agreed she also takes her upright deep freezer. She'll no longer be paying the electric bill here, nor her sisters cell phone (yes, her sister settles with her on the phone), nor the water bill, nor heating costs, groceries.

It kind of upsets us to consider what will happen, we know what will happen, her sister will run to her dad "pay my bills papa". Told my wife I didn't exactly want to do that to her mom and dad but we too need to live our lives and there's no way to do it paying for her sister's life along with her husband and two boys. Me and wife went a decade on our own, even out lasted a week or so without electric. We did fine enough to suit ourselves.

Well I better amble on, my one dog has learned the count ergo can tell time. Need to get some other tasks attended and then go feed. Ya'll do try having a good one. Love & light to all. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to find ways to enjoy foods like avocados that I really don't like by themselves or in their natural state

I do that with carrots; really can't stand 'em all by themselves, but when mixed into various casseroles and whatnot, the little "matchstick" kind, I don't mind them at all.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you would if you could get into it. When a boy I never thought I would get past three pages of Ivahoe, read the whole series of stories that was compiled as one book. My stepdad's mom gave me reading as a gift. She let me know it was alright to escape in stories. :)

Now, I only fall asleep after a few paragraphs of reading anything. It probably has to do with cognitive issues for me. Nearly my whole life now spent multi-tasking and then stopping to focus in one one task lets exhaustion creep up. Bah, you know what, I am blaming the Orange Emperor. He seems too keen to be having the blame of late. So, it's all Donald Trump's fault I fall asleep when I read. :giggle:

If I lie down and try to read, it makes me sleepy -- because lying down, focusing on something that isn't directly over your head, the eyelids naturally fall almost to half-mast, which feels like "sleepy" to me. Lying down watching TV does the same thing to me, instant snooze.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I lie down and try to read, it makes me sleepy

Well sitting, especially sitting still for me seems conducive of sleep. May have developed narcolepsy without being aware of doing it. :giggle: I go for a sleep study in the near future, we'll see how that goes.

Got a new minor thing I'm doing this morning. :) I had some junk juice which was tasting akin to fecal matter of whales, or so I can imagine. Well, that got dumped as I'm not sure how many various flavors was in it, and no it was not worth putting into a junk juice pool vat. Yucky stuff to make you nauseous. :poop::blech::poop::blech::poop::blech::poop: Yep, :poop: happens :giggle: It was no real lose or waste.

Grabbed another bottle for the Coppervape, rinsed it out of its remnants and mixed 1 ml of coffee flavor with 8 or so ml of unflavored. It is proving to be interesting to me. Got :coffee: to drink then :coffee: to inhale. :giggle: I am kind of liking it, although not sure it would be a constant vape. Knowing my luck I'd get confused and drown. :) :p :giggle:

Eta: Out again for a spell. Researching plotting a bit more so.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well sitting, especially sitting still for me seems conducive of sleep. May have developed narcolepsy without being aware of doing it. :giggle: I go for a sleep study in the near future, we'll see how that goes.

Heh, you sound like my husband. If he just holds still for 60 seconds, he's asleep. :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's.

Hope everyone been havng tons of fun.

That water pump I replaced last week, pissin like a bitch :teehee: Lots of thunder storms so will replace it again in a few days when it dries out again.

Yet that aint nothin compared to how hard things are for my lil boy. His mommy was here yesterday and she took him out to do his business. The lil girl dog from next door came into my yard, marched her ass right up to him and then threw her ass in his face. Poor lil guy tried three times to get some with no luck. Just couldnt find it.
This afternoon I took him out and same thing, she comes into my yard, throws her ass into his face and he goes at it. 7 or 8 tries later and he still hasnt got any yet he is wore out near having a stroke so had to bring him inside where he just plain collapsed and took a nap for a while.

After watching him try and try and still not able to do anything, I knew my problems were very minor :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cromwell's grousing at the poor kids who accidentally kick a ball on his lawn, and apparently Morley and Andria are snoozing a lot.

Essentially, business as usual, lol

I snooze if the leg cramps will let me.

Last night, I went to bed early, since I had to get up early today for the usual payday festivities. Got woken up after 1 hr with a fucking leg cramp, so I took some pills and while walking it off and cussing at it, drank about 15 oz of water.... and went back to bed and slept till 8am. That was fucking wonderful!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha. Wife come in & we went and ate Chinese. During our supper me and her discussed a top secret plan. If anyone needs some dogs that are nearing three years, please do let me know. Our plan involves doing something which might be better off for them & us together yet apart. We need to find good homes for them.

Grouchy is more of a Great Pyrenees than the other two. He would make a good sheep and general farm dog if someone took to him for that. He knows the count, as in he counts for a way of knowing the time. He's pretty on the dot, too. :)

Hammy is a bossy Airedale / Pyrenees mix. She would be a good nanny dog for kids over seven or so. Her bossiness gets her some fussing from me a bit. She keeps turning the brothers on one anther. Times, I know she doesn't do it on purpose, other times I wonder.

Sherlock, well, he's more Labarador than Pyrenees. He could make a good hunting dog if someone got him past being skittish of loud noises. I might ought to have done that, yet all three until now have been of good nature and merely dogs.

They are current on vaccines, our local taxes paid. We are not looking to sell them as they are mutts without any doubt. We want to see them given lives with good folk that'll give them care, room to grow.

Me & her have decided that it has come to what I wrote earlier. We need to live our lives without paying for her sister's and her family's lives. Love my dogs but she has a valid as much as I do. They need room to be able to not stay cooped up. We do too. As it is we live in one room of a hovel.

We have to at times wait on a single bathroom, in line after four others. There's other aspects involved. I'll digress though as ultimately most of the troubles are problems of others. We need to live and enjoy the living. We've done it before. We can do it again.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I snooze if the leg cramps will let me.

Last night, I went to bed early, since I had to get up early today for the usual payday festivities. Got woken up after 1 hr with a fucking leg cramp, so I took some pills and while walking it off and cussing at it, drank about 15 oz of water.... and went back to bed and slept till 8am. That was fucking wonderful!

Andria
Andria, hope you get those leg cramps sorted. I haven't had any since taking magnesium and iodine supplements. The cramps stopped immediately after taking quite large amounts of both, now I'm just taking a couple thousand mg of each with no leg cramps to report...Yahoo..!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, hope you get those leg cramps sorted. I haven't had any since taking magnesium and iodine supplements. The cramps stopped immediately after taking quite large amounts of both, now I'm just taking a couple thousand mg of each with no leg cramps to report...Yahoo..!

Well, I try to eat a little avocado and 60% cacao dark chocolate every day -- not a hardship in either case; chocolate is always yummy, and avocados have the good fats that will help with my innate cholesterol problem, and I think they have other nutrients besides the good fats and magnesium. Aren't they considered a "superfood", the way that olives and blueberries are? They're super yummy, so I don't mind a bit. :) Just finished a gi-normous salad for dinner, which contained cut-up chicken tenders, green olives, bits of onion, 2% swiss cheese, ripe avocado slices, good crunchy lettuce, and a bit of low-fat ranch dressing. Normally I'd use parmesan cheese but we need to do the Walmarting, supplies are low but I did have 2% swiss.

I'm already getting a fair amount of potassium with the coconut water (and using Lite Salt instead of regular, so it's 50% potassium chloride), plus the bit of chocolate milk I add to it and the milk-based cocoa I drink every night, so getting some calcium too -- I read that the body can't absorb calcium very well without a fair amount of magnesium. But I still need to drink as much water as I reasonably can, and that's kind of a chore, not something I normally think of, but I'm trying to remember it.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I try to eat a little avocado and 60% cacao dark chocolate every day -- not a hardship in either case; chocolate is always yummy, and avocados have the good fats that will help with my innate cholesterol problem, and I think they have other nutrients besides the good fats and magnesium. Aren't they considered a "superfood", the way that olives and blueberries are? They're super yummy, so I don't mind a bit. :) Just finished a gi-normous salad for dinner, which contained cut-up chicken tenders, green olives, bits of onion, 2% swiss cheese, ripe avocado slices, good crunchy lettuce, and a bit of low-fat ranch dressing. Normally I'd use parmesan cheese but we need to do the Walmarting, supplies are low but I did have 2% swiss.

I'm already getting a fair amount of potassium with the coconut water (and using Lite Salt instead of regular, so it's 50% potassium chloride), plus the bit of chocolate milk I add to it and the milk-based cocoa I drink every night, so getting some calcium too -- I read that the body can't absorb calcium very well without a fair amount of magnesium. But I still need to drink as much water as I reasonably can, and that's kind of a chore, not something I normally think of, but I'm trying to remember it.

Andria
Avocados are a superfood in my dictionary...:)....include the blueberries too.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That a gurl....juice cleans the body of toxins....!

I've done a juice fast for three weeks, then I succumbed to a ribeye.....:cry:

Rib eye is good for you too ;)

Going to shoot for 10 days, but am allowing myself to quit at three if I can't hack it - definitely have a lot of stuff I have to do right now and need that energy, lol

Haven't fasted since I stopped doing illegal substances in the 80s and would forget to eat :giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rib eye is good for you too ;)

Going to shoot for 10 days, but am allowing myself to quit at three if I can't hack it - definitely have a lot of stuff I have to do right now and need that energy, lol

Haven't fasted since I stopped doing illegal substances in the 80s and would forget to eat :giggle:
You use the right veggies and fruit, you'll have all the energy you need....!

I forgot about the 80s fasting, I'm guilty as charged too......:wave:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha...you are correct....:vino:

I've eaten quite a few great ribeyes, but they're a little too marbled for me anymore. Still love New York Strips, but I take care to select one with the least marbling I can find. Love the meat, but the cholesterol in the fat plays hell with my digestion. So I go for a small one, maybe half a lb or so, and I don't eat the delicious fat that lines that strip of gristle down the side. Since it's got so little marbling, I stab it repeatedly with a fork, both sides, before grilling it; keeps it tender enough that the lack of fat doesn't make it tough.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I really do miss the old days though, when I thought an excellent dinner was a whole bag of nacho cheese doritos, some cheddar cheese, some green olives, and a 6pk of beer. :giggle:

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
corn burns very well.
Some stoves use it for fuel.

Nacho Cheese a billion dollar industry based on something that does not exist?

It's a mix of several ingredients sometimes different depending on manufacturer
but basically Cheese Whey, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil,Modified Food Starch, Cheddar Cheese (CulturedMilk, Salt, Enzymes), Jalapeno Puree, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Natural Flavors, Monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Vinegar, Color Added (Including Caramel Color, Yellow 5 and Yellow 6), Oleoresin Paprika.

Yea, corn burns but in Doritos it's mostly the grease. They're great for firing charcoal BBQs up

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Velveeta isn't real either..it's a figment.
The official list of Velveeta ingredients is as follows: Milk, Water, Whey, Milk Protein Concentrate, Milkfat, Whey Protein Concentrate, Sodium Phosphate, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Alginate, Enzymes, Apocarotenal, Annatto, Cheese Culture.

http://www.organicauthority.com/what's-in-velveeta

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
doing illegal substances

I am so jealous of illegal substances, they get done. ;) Damn, I found a jealous bone. D'oh. :facepalm:

We often see this commercial for a substance abuse rehab place. They show a young lady say, "I was on h*roin" and then a young man says, "I used ***ck c*caine."

I often respond back asking, "Is h*roin a good couch," and "What did you use ***ck c*caine to do, milk goats?" Yes, I know substance abuse is a serious problem. Have had a few minor rounds here and have lived with alcoholics, abusers of other substances. I am also the kind what farts in my bath water, turns and bites the bubbles, can break out laughing at a funereal. No offense is intended. I merely choose seeing life, even its more serious moments with some degree of levity.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

-- Led Zeppelin When The Levee Breaks

If you're going through hell, keep going.

-- Winston Churchill

"And he come running through yelling out Hoo Yah, someone stopped him long enough to ask if he knew where he was going, he said he did not but knew he'd get there quicker. We all fell in line and ran with him. We ran until some fool stopped and interjected, 'maybe we're already there'. This is life we lead when led by fools, at least though we are not led by Orange Emperors and the ilk of poly ticks."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sitting at my desk, drinking my lunch, lol

"I'm your vitameatavegamin girl. Are you tired, run-down, listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular?

The answer to all your problems is in this little bottle.

Vitameatavegamin!

Vitameatavegamin contains vitamins, meats, vegetables and minerals.

All you have to do is take a big tablespoonful after every meal.

It's tasty too, ... honest!

So why don't you join the thousands of happy, peppy people and get a great big bottle of mitameatamigamin?

Remember that name, mitavatameatymat"

Incidentally, in looking that up I noticed the episode of I Love Lucy that is from gained the moniker of Juicy Lucy. That was first used by a news rag in Chicago. Interesting at times, ways in which life creates circles. I had a friend who everyone saw as simply the city's old drunk. He had at one time been a hobo and took part in the migration out of the South to Chicago for work, similar to the lyrics of Zeppelin's Levee Breaks.

Darn my interconnected neurotic & narrative biased mind able to loop threads on a loom for weaving tapestries of tales.

Yes, Dale, I'm up late again. We're going later today (Thu. here) to see what is required for me & wife to get unto H.U.D for an apartment in town. Guess my mind is racing from anxiousness, apprehension and not wanting to hope. After a while a person doesn't exactly give up but hope seems to be lost to sight then, when it comes they resist it as screwed up as that can be. Think I will head to bed though. Our little dog Shrek is having puppy-mares without me in bed.

Nitol. :hug: :wave:

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
* wonders about adding a drop or few of Extreme Ice flavor to his coffee juice ...

gets sidetracked and instead opts for the French Vanilla that peeks out from the draw of doom ... *

:cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :idea: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :bliss::cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :inlove: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :bomb:

:banana::) Mmhm, alrighty then time for a :coffee2: & :coffee: :coffee: s all around.

VU Sponsors