Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love building Kayfuns -- my Achilles is VERY similar, but even easier, with just slightly larger screws and slightly more room to work, not having that small inner chamber enclosure. The new Berserkers build very similar too, but have this weird cup arrangement for the wicks, and they're really really easy to flood and leak. The Lemo is also quite similar to the Kayfun.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it take a regular driptip?

Andria

yep I think I threw in a couple of SS drip tips too and maybe a plastic one or two? I forget.
I did not have an extra glass top cage so I sent you a couple of poly dome caps. Work good and fit regular 510 drip tips.
Looks kinda cool and no breaky too.
Sent a few factory coils as well. .5 and 1.2 ohms.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Speaking of the dark side... :D Can y'all suggest an RTA that offers a much-airier MtL vape than a Kayfun was the AFC screw completely removed? He doesn't mind a sub-ohm tank, he vapes subohm but not radically; usually somewhere between .5 and .8 ohms. However he doesn't huff, and echoes my sentiments about the negative value of huffing when you're trying to replace a smoking habit -- he wants MtL, but a fairly airy type; so he wants a regular 510 driptip, not one of those gi-normous ones. And definitely a rebuildable; I'm still footing most of his vaping bill, and I REFUSE to pay for replacement coils, when it's so damn easy to make your own.

Any suggestions?

Andria
You might want to consider the SMJY doggy style, they say it has a slightly larger bore (more air) than the SXK doggy style. I don't have one, but I do have the SXK doggy style (chose it for a tighter draw, but still adjustable for decent air flow) so much that after the first one I bought 4 more, using coupon MAP code at fasttech a little over 10 bucks each:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/6353800
Super easy to build on with large screws, great flavor, and best of all NO LEAKS EVER - not out the air holes, not out the seals, no leaks period. I use my own acrylic drip tips on them though, I don't care for metal. I build using 316L SS 28 AWG, 6 wraps spaced 2.5mm diameter coil, around 0.6 ohms, great flavor at 11W, can go to 12W and a warm enough vape for me. If the SMJY doggy style is as good (and I've heard it is), then its a bargain athe price. Here are all the doggy styles on fasttech:
https://www.fasttech.com/search?doggy style
And here are some drip tips, I have the SKU 3866200, short, fairly narrow bore which I like:
https://www.fasttech.com/search?pei drip tip
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3866200

I haven't touched my kayfuns since i got the SXK doggy styles, the best MTL tank I've tried in my 3 year vaping "career" for ease of build, no leaks, and excellent flavor. Holds 3.5 ml, low profile, and on an istick pico its quite compact :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might want to consider the SMJY doggy style, they say it has a slightly larger bore (more air) than the SXK doggy style. I don't have one, but I do have the SXK doggy style (chose it for a tighter draw, but still adjustable for decent air flow) so much that after the first one I bought 4 more, using coupon MAP code at fasttech a little over 10 bucks each:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/6353800
Super easy to build on with large screws, great flavor, and best of all NO LEAKS EVER - not out the air holes, not out the seals, no leaks period. I use my own acrylic drip tips on them though, I don't care for metal. I build using 316L SS 28 AWG, 6 wraps spaced 2.5mm diameter coil, around 0.6 ohms, great flavor at 11W, can go to 12W and a warm enough vape for me. If the SMJY doggy style is as good (and I've heard it is), then its a bargain athe price. Here are all the doggy styles on fasttech:
https://www.fasttech.com/search?doggy style
And here are some drip tips, I have the SKU 3866200, short, fairly narrow bore which I like:
https://www.fasttech.com/search?pei drip tip
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3866200

I haven't touched my kayfuns since i got the SXK doggy styles, the best MTL tank I've tried in my 3 year vaping "career" for ease of build, no leaks, and excellent flavor. Holds 3.5 ml, low profile, and on an istick pico its quite compact :)

Well, I've gotten him back on kanthal. He kept complaining of a bad taste, with the SS, but couldn 't quite figure what he was tasting -- every single time I tasted it, it tasted like scorched metal. When he uses kanthal, no scorched metal taste.

He and I have both just about given up on the Berserker. I fucking love the vape, on the smallest hole it's as tight as my Achilles! But the fucker leaks like a sieve, from the bottom o-ring. No idea why, except the fucking tank ring just goddamn sits on an o-ring, instead of threading at the bottom. Just unsat. I'm used to the Achilles, which threads... AND has a fucking o-ring! I mean... DUH!!!!

WHY CAN'T YEAHSMO MAKE ORIGINAL ACHILLES CLONES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! WHY CAN'T FROGINFOG SELL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!

Anyway. Hopefully the Subtank, or the Lemo 2, will suit my son better than the KFL+ or the KF4.

Andria

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I've gotten him back on kanthal. He kept complaining of a bad taste, with the SS, but couldn 't quite figure what he was tasting -- every single time I tasted it, it tasted like scorched metal. When he uses kanthal, no scorched metal taste.

He and I have both just about given up on the Berserker. I fucking love the vape, on the smallest hole it's as tight as my Achilles! But the fucker leaks like a sieve, from the bottom o-ring. No idea why, except the fucking tank ring just goddamn sits on an o-ring, instead of threading at the bottom. Just unsat. I'm used to the Achilles, which threads... AND has a fucking o-ring! I mean... DUH!!!!

WHY CAN'T YEAHSMO MAKE ORIGINAL ACHILLES CLONES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! WHY CAN'T FROGINFOG SELL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!

Anyway. Hopefully the Subtank, or the Lemo 2, will suit my son better than the KFL+ or the KF4.

Andria
I hate to hear that about the Berserker leaking Andrea, it sounded so promising for MTL. It comes with an extra bottom o-ring doesn't it? The doggy style is the only tank I"ve had that hasn't leaked out of the air holes at some point besides my nautilus mini's and my triton mini, but those use pre-made coils and I'm done with those, wire and cotton is far cheaper.
At my low power 11W, after a few hits I can't tell kanthal from SS, both give me a clean vape, I do SS since I can vape on temperature control or power control, my choice :)
The kanger Emow (battery died in 3 months) and the Kanger subtank mini (leaked like a fire hose out the air holes once the tank got less than half full in the hot summer, no matter what I did to try to fix it) turned me off of anything kanger. I think those vaping at higher power on the subtank mini have less leaking issues out the airholes than those vaping it at lower power MTL, so hopefully that will work well for your son.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Once I learned how to wick it, the Lemo 2 never leaks out the air holes

Same can be said for my Merlins, old Russian 91%, the Gem or Petri RTA

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate to hear that about the Berserker leaking Andrea, it sounded so promising for MTL. It comes with an extra bottom o-ring doesn't it? The doggy style is the only tank I"ve had that hasn't leaked out of the air holes at some point besides my nautilus mini's and my triton mini, but those use pre-made coils and I'm done with those, wire and cotton is far cheaper.
At my low power 11W, after a few hits I can't tell kanthal from SS, both give me a clean vape, I do SS since I can vape on temperature control or power control, my choice :)
The kanger Emow (battery died in 3 months) and the Kanger subtank mini (leaked like a fire hose out the air holes once the tank got less than half full in the hot summer, no matter what I did to try to fix it) turned me off of anything kanger. I think those vaping at higher power on the subtank mini have less leaking issues out the airholes than those vaping it at lower power MTL, so hopefully that will work well for your son.

Well he doesn't really vape at high power, and I don't think really wants to -- but definitely not as tight and cool a vape as *I* like. Even the Kayfuns with the AF screw completely removed, he says is "too tight". (idiot) I leave the screw in, a bit more than half tightened. Still a smidge looser than I really prefer, but I use a bit more wattage in a kayfun, since I'm a little further from the hot coil -- 10w is quite common, and have been known to go up to 10.5 or 11. In an Achilles, NEVER more than 10w, and even that is a bit intense. The thing is... if I use something *regularly* that's a bit looser than the Achilles, I can get used to it -- the original Lemo, fully closed down, is a good example, and that's a pretty good vape, doesn't leak. I could live with it, and the 2 that got PIFed to me are black, so they look spiffy on my black mods. But I love the Achilles so much... the tight draw, the superb saturated flavor, the light titanium that won't break... it always seems like a major sacrifice to use anything else.

I'm gonna work on the Berserker some more, tomorrow evening or Sunday, see if I can find a way to use it that doesn't leak; I dunno. I'd really like it to work, with that excellent tight draw. The flavor is great! But tomorrow is house-cleaning day for my stepfather, so I didn't wanna use up all my free time this evening, fucking with a problem child like the Berserker. Bedtime shortly, so I can get up at 9am and be busy all day.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Once I learned how to wick it, the Lemo 2 never leaks out the air holes

Same can be said for my Merlins, old Russian 91%, the Gem or Petri RTA

I may consult with you on the wicking for that one; I thinik your vaping style is probably close to what my son would like -- MtL, but not too restrictive, and on the warmish side.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My first "RTA" wasn't really... it was actually a "clearomizer"... but I learned to rebuild it. I was told, if you can rebuild those, you can build on ANYTHING... so yeah, when I got my courage up and got a Kayfun... fucking PIECE OF CAKE! And I still like that style of build deck better than any other, aside from the slight modifications in the Achilles (mainly, longer wicks).

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first "RTA" wasn't really... it was actually a "clearomizer"... but I learned to rebuild it. I was told, if you can rebuild those, you can build on ANYTHING... so yeah, when I got my courage up and got a Kayfun... fucking PIECE OF CAKE! And I still like that style of build deck better than any other, aside from the slight modifications in the Achilles (mainly, longer wicks).

Andria
Yep if one can make leak free working cotton wicked coils in a Kanger bottom coil clearo then Kayfuns and such should be no problem.

I rebuilt all mine as well and they worked so much better that I rebuilt the new coils before any use.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep if one can make leak free working cotton wicked coils in a Kanger bottom coil clearo then Kayfuns and such should be no problem.

I rebuilt all mine as well and they worked so much better that I rebuilt the new coils before any use.

I didn't find that big a difference in their function, after rebuilding them, because I hadn't yet discovered organic cotton, and what a big diff it can make in the flavor. Started off with organic cotton balls from Walgreens; finally got onto Shiseido, which I find superior to KGD.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't find that big a difference in their function, after rebuilding them, because I hadn't yet discovered organic cotton, and what a big diff it can make in the flavor. Started off with organic cotton balls from Walgreens; finally got onto Shiseido, which I find superior to KGD.

Andria
I wick the Lemo 2 and the STM RBA the same way.
Run wick thru coil. Hold ends up and slice the chamber sleeve down over the wicks and secure to base. Cut wicks slightly above the top lif of the chamber sleeve.
Poke cotton down over juice inlets. Not packed but covering the inlet completely. On the STB RBA loikks from the outside at the holes to be sure that they are covered.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I wick the Lemo 2 and the STM RBA the same way.
Run wick thru coil. Hold ends up and slice the chamber sleeve down over the wicks and secure to base. Cut wicks slightly above the top lif of the chamber sleeve.
Poke cotton down over juice inlets. Not packed but covering the inlet completely. On the STB RBA loikks from the outside at the holes to be sure that they are covered.

I solved my issue with it over a year ago - but it is a moot point really - I have way better flavor atties at this point

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I solved my issue with it over a year ago - but it is a moot point really - I have way better flavor atties at this point
My Subtank Mini's do fine for me for tank usage.
right now my attys I use are the Wasp, Drip box attys and Subtank Mini V2 RBA.
all That I have used for several weeks.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
5 supertanks and a merlin been my daily line up for over a year. At times I will add to the line up but dont go below the daily ones.

Morning fugee's and GFY

Been testing flavors to replace my strawberry shortcake that I cant get anymore. So far tried Fa Pear and Han Plum. Both are meh. Have samples of Caps Honey Dew melon, Lorains Mango and Fa Blueberry waiting to be tried.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My Subtank Mini's do fine for me for tank usage.
right now my attys I use are the Wasp, Drip box attys and Subtank Mini V2 RBA.
all That I have used for several weeks.

Hey Cromwell - thought your Vape Male thread title was very clever - it made me look. Thought, "what moron is starting yet another thread on vape mail and misspelled it to boot, loll

Especially, I busted a vendor contest giving away Comic Fog :p

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This Moroon :D

Seriously thought about plopping down in there even though I am ill-equipped down there, but decided there was little value in it for me to view you guys laying around in your tightie-whities and leaving the seat up while belching excessively

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously thought about plopping down in there even though I am ill-equipped down there, but decided there was little value in it for me to view you guys laying around in your tightie-whities and leaving the seat up while belching excessively
Damn! our secret is out...

Join in if you want.
I am sure you could hold your own in there. Except for a small detail which most of us males will not admit to :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

After the post that Manny Scoot made in the ladies' only thread, I seriously considered posting one of CountryPami's half-nekkid cowboys in there. But then I thought, why bring myself down to THEIR level... ;)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After the post that Manny Scoot made in the ladies' only thread, I seriously considered posting one of CountryPami's half-nekkid cowboys in there. But then I thought, why bring myself down to THEIR level... ;)

Andria
She is a BrokeBack Mountain fangirl?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno... but in her old thread for the ladies, there were a LOT of shirtless cowboys looking MIGHTY FINE.... :D

Andria
Remember me commenting to someone posting those types of pics over at the other place about male models being mostly gay?
And the guy who was a mailman getting all upset?
Forget his handle on the site though.
Guess he was gay? Which is no deal to me.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Guess the last end of the world prediction for yesterday was wrong - again:wait:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Still one going for the 22nd of next month.
I wonder why each year most of the nutz predict a fall Armageddon date?

Thought the one for next month was just a call for the biblical End of Days - not the actual end

But I am getting all this second and third hand, haven't bothered checking it out for myself :cloud:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought the one for next month was just a call for the biblical End of Days - not the actual end

But I am getting all this second and third hand, haven't bothered checking it out for myself :cloud:
It is the beginning of the 6 years of trial and tribulation?
I guess that means we have trump for a second term?

Never cared much for that book in the bible.
Did not synch with a god that loved us...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Man - my cats snuggled with me in bed so good last night. They loved me all night long and I didn't even want to get up this morning though I was thoroughly refreshed and *gasp* in a good mood

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's.

Since its Monday the GFY has already been complied with the moment you stepped out of bed.

:D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait I would have to make a FB group and have list for limited availability Dachshund turds....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait I will stabilize the turds with resin in a vacuum chamber?
Yeah that is the ticket some people will buy stab anything :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Maybe if I had a contest to give away free shit?

I have some classic Daschound turds I can put in a contest?

Hate to tell you this, but you might have to part with one of your precious used wankos

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm so busy trying to make this squonking thing work for me, and then so discouraged when it doesn't, that I just leave the forum and read my book. My son has gotten me into the Outlander series, and I'm really enjoying it. It definitely makes a nice change from disappointment and discouragement. This squonking shit has put me quite in sympathy with those who say such stupid things as "this vaping shit is too hard, I'm just gonna keep smoking!" I was so infuriated today at that Origen Little, and then actually injured when I stabbed the top of my finger with 29ga wire so deeply that it bled, I actually wanted a cigarette. Fortunately the only ones available are over 3 yrs old and freezer-burnt, and the thought of THAT taste was quite enough to bring me to my senses. I hunted down my Minibook+Achilles and vaped my face off for a while, while thinking up new cuss words.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is doable to a far smaller percentage of the population than smoking is.
And not all forms of vaping are doable to those who do vape.

Just get yourself a Smok Alien and a beast tank!
What a kid outside Wally world tried to get me to do the other day when he noticed that I was a vaper.
Showed him a CV with Wasp nano on it and his forehead just crinkled up and he got a puzzled look for a moment and then told me I needed an Alien and beast tank :)

VU Sponsors