Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Otay, like I said, no argument...
BUT the problem with rapeseed oil is that even after processing it to make not poisonous
and turn it into canola is that the quality it has as rapeseed oil that makes it such a great grease for ships
doesn't change in the processing. It stays in you for ever.

But again, Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law... :)

The alternatives are worse.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you insist..we all have diff taste. I know Andria stays hydrated with coconut water and so do I.
I like it. Some of the canned stuff is good.

I just don't like it out of a can - the boxed stuff is better suited to my tastes

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you insist..we all have diff taste. I know Andria stays hydrated with coconut water and so do I.
I like it. Some of the canned stuff is good.

I dunno if it's really so much about hydration, though that's part of it -- what it seems to do for me is to help me keep sodium/potassium in balance -- modern diets are loaded with sodium, so something as rich in potassium as coconut water (or chocolate milk!) is a godsend. Of course it also helps that I reduced caffeine by about 75%-80%, and stopped using "plain salt" -- I use the Lite Salt that we already bought in honor of my husband's BP; it's half sodium chloride and half potassium chloride, so that's a benefit in keeping my balance. Since I made those changes and added the coconut water daily, the cankles went away and have stayed gone. I was still having cyclical issues with PM leg cramps, so I did more reading, and came across cacao and avocado as good sources of magnesium, and that has helped.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I dunno if it's really so much about hydration, though that's part of it -- what it seems to do for me is to help me keep sodium/potassium in balance -- modern diets are loaded with sodium, so something as rich in potassium as coconut water (or chocolate milk!) is a godsend. Of course it also helps that I reduced caffeine by about 75%-80%, and stopped using "plain salt" -- I use the Lite Salt that we already bought in honor of my husband's BP; it's half sodium chloride and half potassium chloride, so that's a benefit in keeping my balance. Since I made those changes and added the coconut water daily, the cankles went away and have stayed gone. I was still having cyclical issues with PM leg cramps, so I did more reading, and came across cacao and avocado as good sources of magnesium, and that has helped.

Andria

Every morning I eat a chocolate pudding made with: One avacado, two bananas, 1/4 liquid of any kind and 1/4 of raw 100% cacao powder - talk about super-charged energy in the morning, and totally delicious and full of potassium and magnesium

I never cramp anymore

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Every morning I eat a chocolate pudding made with: One avacado, two bananas, 1/4 liquid of any kind and 1/4 of raw 100% cacao powder - talk about super-charged energy in the morning, and totally delicious and full of potassium and magnesium

I never cramp anymore

That could work; avocados have such a mild, bland taste, it would just increase the mouth-feel factor. I put some slices on one of my regular "breakfast" (ok, brunch!) sandwiches, made with tyson's "honey battered" chicken tenders, bacon, 2% swiss cheese, and ranch dressing (on 1 slice, cut in half, of Nature's Own Double Fiber bread), it's a good combo that avocado makes even better. :) One of the VERY few fastfoods we indulge in is Taco Hell; I always get 2 chicken chalupas with extra lettuce (and no sour creme!), and add some avocado slices to that... or of course, on salads.

For cacao, we just buy the 60% cacao bars at walmart, and I eat one or two squares, 4-5 days out of a week. I've never been a "chocoholic," but hey, I'm not gonna turn down the chance to eat it because it's good for me. :D

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
If your DH is on a low sodium diet try Benson's Table Tasty he'll thank you for it
upload_2017-10-8_20-11-13.jpeg I tried this potassium chloride but Table Tasty is much better and doesn't have the chemical taste
upload_2017-10-8_20-13-11.jpeg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If your DH is on a low sodium diet try Benson's Table Tasty he'll thank you for it
View attachment 93534 I tried this potassium chloride but Table Tasty is much better and doesn't have the chemical taste
View attachment 93535

He's not on a low-salt diet at all, but when we discovered how high his BP is (was, before medication), we both decided that less sodium would be a move in the right direction. And without Lite Salt, I wouldn't be getting as much potassium, so that would NOT be a win.

Why is it exactly that you feel compelled to change everything about my life and my choices?

I'm not on-board at all with these fad diets, no salt, no gluten, no this that and the other thing. Nobody in this house needs to be totally without salt, which is a good thing in the correct proportion, and for damn sure, no one in this house needs to worry about gluten, which is actually essential unless one is cursed with celiac disease.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is it exactly that you feel compelled to change everything about my life and my choices?
I'm not compelled to change anything about you and doubt I could, Andria.
I wouldn't even try
I'm not into any fad diets, not low gluten or any of that crap.
But I am on a low sodium diet and figured your OLD man might appreciate Table Tasty.
I'm trying to be helpful, or rather was. You're not very friendly..whatever it is that's bugging you
isn't my fault.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow - I just got the worst, most vile threat ever since I learned how to use the internet :eek:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Look on my profile page - it's pretty ripe

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Think Hitler lasted less than 3 minutes as a registered user

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He still managed to post all over my wall twice, lol
Sorry bout that one.
Pami was watching for Hitler, I caught the reports on yogurt

I wonder what a Hitler flavored yogurt would be

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sorry bout that one.
Pami was watching for Hitler, I caught the reports on yogurt

I wonder what a Hitler flavored yogurt would be

BAM crew

Don't know but it certainly can't be Kosher

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Teresa just got another one!
This guy has a screw loose!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He's back from the dead!

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 7.44.58 PM.png

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bye bye uncle Adolf

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
2192be5b4de0835560416d37845c85eab3c3b9107d926117dee7469287622eae.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mom! HitlersScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 7.55.22 PM.png keeps following me!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The Fugees welcome all manner of misfits, malcontents and rabble rousers in general, but this sorry fucker just doesn't fit in

If you don't fit in with the misfits you have problems.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Kinda feel bad that this poor guy literally has no life ... At all.
Waste of human flesh

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
At first it was creepy, then kinda funny in a creepy way, now it's boring

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Very boring.
Makes you wonder what good could be accomplished if asshats used their asshat powers for good

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And hey... I'M SQUONKING!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

I already blathered about it in the Squonkers thread, and posted a pic, but I know there are a lot of squonkers in here, too. :)

Also -- I just checked, and found there had been an update in the tracking for the Strike 18, but I can't decide what it means -- I know it left Miami yesterday around 6pm, but this is a weird one -- usually I see "Atlanta" or "Atlanta North Metro" before it hits Lawrenceville, so I'm not at all sure what this update is about:

trackingfromchina.jpg

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And hey... I'M SQUONKING!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

I already blathered about it in the Squonkers thread, and posted a pic, but I know there are a lot of squonkers in here, too. :)

Also -- I just checked, and found there had been an update in the tracking for the Strike 18, but I can't decide what it means -- I know it left Miami yesterday around 6pm, but this is a weird one -- usually I see "Atlanta" or "Atlanta North Metro" before it hits Lawrenceville, so I'm not at all sure what this update is about:

View attachment 93644

Andria

That is kinda weird - had a similar experience buying from France a few weeks ago

Did that weird ITS ON ITS WAY thing - then magically appeared in my PO Box the next day

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is kinda weird - had a similar experience buying from France a few weeks ago

Did that weird ITS ON ITS WAY thing - then magically appeared in my PO Box the next day

Well, that would certainly be sweet. :) Since I finally got the squonker squonking. :D And if I do get it tomorrow, which is actually already today, the 10th, I will have to have a complete paradigm shift about FT -- paying the extra bit for the next level up from free was only $1.31, and I get it in less than 2 wks? Amazing. But I always did have pretty good luck from Hong Kong, so maybe it's not really so weird.

Andria

VU Sponsors