ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, that would certainly be sweet. :) Since I finally got the squonker squonking. :D And if I do get it tomorrow, which is actually already today, the 10th, I will have to have a complete paradigm shift about FT -- paying the extra bit for the next level up from free was only $1.31, and I get it in less than 2 wks? Amazing. But I always did have pretty good luck from Hong Kong, so maybe it's not really so weird.

Andria

And another one falls down the old squonk hole :luck:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was just thinking. Yes I know that is dangerous, but anyway.
I have had and used on and off this Kato clone for around 2 years and have never had to clean anything in it.
Still hits very good good.

Just wish I could convert it to a squonker....

is small too, counting the top switch it is only 10mm taller than a CV, otherwise the same size.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was just thinking. Yes I know that is dangerous, but anyway.
I have had and used on and off this Kato clone for around 2 years and have never had to clean anything in it.
Still hits very good good.

Just wish I could convert it to a squonker....

is small too, counting the top switch it is only 10mm taller than a CV, otherwise the same size.

Whenever I see those "RTA down the side" mods I think of squonkers, lol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone seen a troll around here?

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not that I know of, I think he's at ecf

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That was one for the books :sneaka:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always liked the look of those hide-the-base-of-the-atty mods, but thought they might be a PITA

Likewise; I use to drool for an Innokin VTR... but the atty space won't fit a 22mm atty, which became the de facto standard till all these new 24mm and 25mm and really fat ones started coming out -- once I got hooked on Kayfuns, I had to kiss my dreams of a VTR goodbye.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Likewise; I use to drool for an Innokin VTR... but the atty space won't fit a 22mm atty, which became the de facto standard till all these new 24mm and 25mm and really fat ones started coming out -- once I got hooked on Kayfuns, I had to kiss my dreams of a VTR goodbye.

Andria

Yeah, I tend to avoid gear that is limiting or needs a dedicated whatever. Not always, but usually

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Totally bad soap opera plot at my house lately

Long shot of it all, dropped Mr Juicy off at the airport to help his favorite cousin in California - who is under home hospice care but had to be evacuated because of the fires

Just found out her house didn't burn down - they stopped the fire at the back yard of the neighbor across the street - but its not habitable yet :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Totally bad soap opera plot at my house lately

Long shot of it all, dropped Mr Juicy off at the airport to help his favorite cousin in California - who is under home hospice care but had to be evacuated because of the fires

Just found out her house didn't burn down - they stopped the fire at the back yard of the neighbor across the street - but its not habitable yet :eek:

Geez. I'd be outside shaking my fist at the sky... "Hey! I'm dying here! Maybe you could wait till I'm dead till you cremate me!" :facepalm:

How's Mr Juicy doing these days? Is he up to that kind of stress?

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Geez. I'd be outside shaking my fist at the sky... "Hey! I'm dying here! Maybe you could wait till I'm dead till you cremate me!" :facepalm:

How's Mr Juicy doing these days? Is he up to that kind of stress?

Andria

Eh - some things he's doing better - he's lost ten pounds since I purged the house of all his junk, GMOs and convenience foods

He's still smoking :eek:

He kinda started falling apart until he talked to her himself - he's getting a better grip, but it's hard to say. He did not look well when I put him on the plane out of here - he gets really red when his blood pressure goes up, and he looked like a beet, but his attitude was better than when we first got the news

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eh - some things he's doing better - he's lost ten pounds since I purged the house of all his junk, GMOs and convenience foods

He's still smoking :eek:

He kinda started falling apart until he talked to her himself - he's getting a better grip, but it's hard to say. He did not look well when I put him on the plane out of here - he gets really red when his blood pressure goes up, and he looked like a beet, but his attitude was better than when we first got the news

:hug:

I can only imagine your frustration with the still-smoking. My husband is still entertaining delusions about going "all natural" to medicate his BP, which means he's fairly proactive about taking care of himself in ways that matter -- he gave up smoking and 99% of his caffeine intake -- he might *occasionally* have a real coke, but at home he drinks decaf coke and decaf coffee, and doesn't fuss about the weekly oatmeal I insist on, or demand red meat except on our holiday cook-outs -- then of course he goes nuts with a 20oz porterhouse, but that's only about 4 times a year, so I don't say too much about it. :D But I still think he's delusional to think he can go off the 2 drugs he takes to control his BP; it was astronomical when he first started being treated for it, about 10 yrs ago.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Day 1 as a temporary bachelorette : Forgot to set up the coffee maker last night so no staying in bed while the naturally cheerful-in-the-morning Mr Juicy sets it up and brings me a cup :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dunno do not watch those disgusting movies.. the only disgust and not frighten.

Actually no.. Nightmare on Elm St is truly frightening, touching as it does on the "Am I dreaming? am I awake?" fear -- I never wanted to watch it, but when I wandered into the kitchen for something to drink, I could see the TV... and could not take my eyes from it, though I mostly HATE those kinds of movies -- that one was a masterpiece.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Many people watch a movie to get frightened...
Why?
I watch movies and stuff to learn or be entertained.

Well, I like Robert Englund -- he was the "good alien" on the original V series. But as i said, mostly I hate those kinds of movies, and never watch them... that one hooked me in by accident, but it literally did hook me in -- anytime really awful things happen, I think most people have the thought of "am I dreaming?" That movie touches that fear and makes you think -- and in my view, anything that makes most people THINK, is a good thing.

I think people watch scary movies, go to halloween haunted houses, ride terrifying rides at amusement parks, because that is a controlled, "safe" form of fear, so it lets us experience it and learn how to handle it. I don't personally enjoy such things, but a great many people do.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My vape for this evening.

View attachment 93770

I have 3 of those Kato clones and they do vape great. What I didnt like is I was worried about damaging the batteries by vaping with them too low and harming them. Guess I am spoiled from digital readouts.

Also have some for the 26650's

sku_28340_3_small.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today was a sad day for me; one year since my mother's death. We took flowers and put on her grave.

oneyearlater.jpg

It looks unsightly just behind the gravestone because her grave is at the foot of a tree; my husband had raked all the pinestraw and dead leaves back so they'd stop blowing all over her stone.

A year is the old traditional period of mourning... but it doesn't feel as if it's nearly over. Might not ever be.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Today was a sad day for me; one year since my mother's death. We took flowers and put on her grave.

View attachment 93973

It looks unsightly just behind the gravestone because her grave is at the foot of a tree; my husband had raked all the pinestraw and dead leaves back so they'd stop blowing all over her stone.

A year is the old traditional period of mourning... but it doesn't feel as if it's nearly over. Might not ever be.

Andria

:blowkiss: I don't think you ever "get over it" - you just learn to deal with it differently

VU Sponsors