Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else notice how all the fancy coils that people say vape so well are spaced coils?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else notice how all the fancy coils that people say vape so well are spaced coils?

Am too wussie to pay too much attention to most of those fancy builds - still can't vape anything under .5

But, I do space my wussie boring clapton coils :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am too wussie to pay too much attention to most of those fancy builds - still can't vape anything under .5

But, I do space my wussie boring clapton coils :)
imho any coil works better spaced.
I know my round wire builds do.

the dark side has ahold of me.
I build as low as .22

but only around 30 watts or so.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning all and GFY! :wave:

I haven't been here lately for fear of my bad luck possibly rubbing off or transferring to someone else through my words. Last Wednesday was my 61st birthday and the day started off with a bang. On my way home from taking the grandson to school my son calls telling me that he thinks he had a seizure. :huh: He went outside, then the next thing he knew he's on the couch in the living room. He doesn't have a clue how he got there. He found his phone on the front porch. He's complaining that his shoulder hurts so I tell him to take ibuprofen. He calls me at my hair appointment to tell me that he's in so much pain with his shoulder and something has to be done. His ortho doctor can't see him because he's booked and says to take him to the ER. We go there and they determine that his shoulder is dislocated(common in seizures) so they put it back in. Bring him home then head off to work. On the way home from work, the transmission goes out in my car. A visit to a local transmission place confirms my fear and tells me that it will take $2200 to fix. So that's where I stand. I've been bumming and begging for rides to/from work and to run minimal errands. I'm back to working 7 day weeks plus 10-11 hr days if I can get rides home. Probably take a couple of months to get my car back so I'm just going to continue networking to find rides. When it rained, I got a downpour! :giggle: I hope everyone has an awesome day!!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I haven't been here lately for fear of my bad luck possibly rubbing off or transferring to someone else through my words. Last Wednesday was my 61st birthday and the day started off with a bang. On my way home from taking the grandson to school my son calls telling me that he thinks he had a seizure. :huh: He went outside, then the next thing he knew he's on the couch in the living room. He doesn't have a clue how he got there. He found his phone on the front porch. He's complaining that his shoulder hurts so I tell him to take ibuprofen. He calls me at my hair appointment to tell me that he's in so much pain with his shoulder and something has to be done. His ortho doctor can't see him because he's booked and says to take him to the ER. We go there and they determine that his shoulder is dislocated(common in seizures) so they put it back in. Bring him home then head off to work. On the way home from work, the transmission goes out in my car. A visit to a local transmission place confirms my fear and tells me that it will take $2200 to fix. So that's where I stand. I've been bumming and begging for rides to/from work and to run minimal errands. I'm back to working 7 day weeks plus 10-11 hr days if I can get rides home. Probably take a couple of months to get my car back so I'm just going to continue networking to find rides. When it rained, I got a downpour! :giggle: I hope everyone has an awesome day!!

:hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Damn, just Damn.
hang in there Lynn.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

:hug: Hang in there -- and remember we're here if you need a laugh or smile to brighten your mood, or even if you just need a place to vent! :hug:

Hope your son is ok. Cars are just things -- annoying, expensive, and usually CRUCIAL things... but very far down the list of importance compared to one's children!

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for the hugs Lucy!

Damn, just Damn.
hang in there Lynn.
Thanks! I'm tying knots as fast as I can.

:hug: Hang in there -- and remember we're here if you need a laugh or smile to brighten your mood, or even if you just need a place to vent! :hug:

Hope your son is ok. Cars are just things -- annoying, expensive, and usually CRUCIAL things... but very far down the list of importance compared to one's children!

Andria
Thanks for the hugs from you too Andria. Colton is doing fine now after spending 3 days in a sling. He went back to work yesterday. :) And when it comes to getting to work and him to doctor appointments, a car is essential. I'm hoping it won't be too long.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Weird medical dramas with my loved ones

Mr Juicy's cousin in home hospice care - oh boy. Back home, hospice nurse to call cops on her tick boyfriend for consuming a dying woman's drugs :eek:

Then my uncle - who is going a little soft in the head anyways - calls the cable company for service - and the repairman drops dead in his living room:sad:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mr Juicy's cousin in home hospice care - oh boy. Back home, hospice nurse to call cops on her tick boyfriend for consuming a dying woman's drugs :eek:

Then my uncle - who is going a little soft in the head anyways - calls the cable company for service - and the repairman drops dead in his living room:sad:
Wow Lucy! :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am assuming that your Uncle had nothing to do with the death?

Strange stuff. The Demon Murphy has been paying attention to your clan.

Explains why you were not around much yesterday?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin yall and GFY.

@LynnNC Happy belated 61'st and dayam on the bad luck. You just cant catch a break girl.

@JuicyLucy the smart ass in me has to wonder if the repair man was on hold with the cable company when he dropped dead.

@MyMagicMist Thanks for the :coffee:. Needed it!

With me, I am still fighting the disability insurance asswipes. They have used every trick in the book to delay, delay, delay. Last April where I worked gave me the go ahead to file for disability. In May I was able to return the forms to them. Took a while for the doctors to fill them out. Now its mid october, still no disability payment and I get an email yesterday that if my claim is approved they will be deducting $2400 a month because of Social Security disability. I am not collecting frickin Social Security Disability so WTF?
Finally was able to talk to someone with the disability insurance company. Explained to them that yes, I have filed but no determination has been made yet and everyone know they deny %99 of initial claims and it can take up to a year and a half to get Social Security disability. I informed them that if they did that it would put me in a financial hardship and that I would have to take actions to rectify that (hint, hint, see ya in court) so now they are re-evaluating their position.

Dont ever let your health fail, life has a nasty way of really fucking you over when that happens.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
imho any coil works better spaced.
I know my round wire builds do.

the dark side has ahold of me.
I build as low as .22

but only around 30 watts or so.

Wattage has as much to do with the tank your using as the ohms of your coil. Take a Kanger supertank and with a .2 coil you can not vape it above 30 watts because the design of the tank wont allow the juice to feed the wick fast enough to prevent dry hits. Then take a Tobecco supertank with a .2 coil in it and it loves 75 watts. If you ever able to vape at higher wattage you will notice a juice flavor changes with higher wattage. I had flavors that was meh, kinda boring at 20 to 30 watts and became real good at 50 watts or more.
Had a honey dew juice I mixed that was pretty good at 50 watts. Built a dripper with a quad coil around .2 and vaped it at 200 watts. Was like holy crap, thats good! :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wattage has as much to do with the tank your using as the ohms of your coil. Take a Kanger supertank and with a .2 coil you can not vape it above 30 watts because the design of the tank wont allow the juice to feed the wick fast enough to prevent dry hits. Then take a Tobecco supertank with a .2 coil in it and it loves 75 watts. If you ever able to vape at higher wattage you will notice a juice flavor changes with higher wattage. I had flavors that was meh, kinda boring at 20 to 30 watts and became real good at 50 watts or more.
Had a honey dew juice I mixed that was pretty good at 50 watts. Built a dripper with a quad coil around .2 and vaped it at 200 watts. Was like holy crap, thats good! :giggle:
Ohh yes the variables in vaping are numerous.
You juice selection also plays a part. airflow, etc.
I have not yet seen any reason for me to vape even up to 60 watts...
But not to say that the dark side will not continue to seduce me further into it's embrace though.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With me, I am still fighting the disability insurance asswipes.

Went through the whole process hm, a couple of years ago now I think. Had to go to court/arbitration to be fully denied by a judicial administrator. I thought it funny they were not a judge. The lawyer presenting my case could not find any way to present it which offered any help.

So I was denied yet given an arm's length of restrictions on what I could and could not do. Got told there were at the very least janitorial positions were open in my area, to include WV and the seven surrounding states. That might be so if you can get past the two hundred other applications ahead of you that likely drive, can climb ladders and are capable of doing what I've been restricted from doing.

What irks me is this gnawing question inside. If I'm denied the benefit of being listed as disable, why the fuck do they think I can be so restricted, are they then in effect admitting I am disabled? (Rhetorical, already know the answer.) My wife says we'll get me reapplying with another lawyer from the get-go, one that can actually present a good case.

One thing against me is I have some psychological difficulties, or allegedly do, no one seems keen to classify what those are ergo no one writes any of it up. I get noted in that I have trouble mentally but it falls under the broad term of "Not Otherwise Stated'. That label in itself means "Well, we know you're a bit touched in the head but we can't figure out how". That label also puts a jinx on using the mental difficulties, simply because no one writes it up, goes on record with clarity.

I also have some physical stuff going on. It too seems a bit of nagging amalgamation of what I can only describe as the aches of having lived hard and fast and life catching up. You might think to lack a sense of smell and being half or deafer would warrant grounds. Well, my wife only sees out of one eye. She's told that she will not be ruled legally blind as her one eye can see at something over 20/80 or such. Yet when she goes to look at work options, employers tell her they will not hire the blind for the specific work they do.

I'm too old to return to fast food work. Not a High school kid that can be used 90 days, spat out. I also don't want to work it contractually as a manager, that is absolute shit work. I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to have faith things work out. So far that faith hasn't faltered.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh yes the variables in vaping are numerous.
You juice selection also plays a part. airflow, etc.
I have not yet seen any reason for me to vape even up to 60 watts...
But not to say that the dark side will not continue to seduce me further into it's embrace though.

If you use your CopperVape with a 0.10 Ω you can hit an estimated 80 W off a fresh battery. :)

I can even do it on a 0.50 Ω coil set up. :) It's done because the mech will give you all of the Power/Watts it can produce until it no longer has power/watts.

That works out in rough quarters of consumption of Watts from the battery. If you can get roughly 100 hits off of your build as per battery drain, you'd get around 80 Watts roughly 25% of the time. Then, it drops to around 60-75 Wats for the next 25%, and this continues dropping off like so until you get to the last quarter.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you use your CopperVape with a 0.10 Ω you can hit an estimated 80 W off a fresh battery. :)

I can even do it on a 0.50 Ω coil set up. :) It's done because the mech will give you all of the Power/Watts it can produce until it no longer has power/watts.

That works out in rough quarters of consumption of Watts from the battery. If you can get roughly 100 hits off of your build as per battery drain, you'd get around 80 Watts roughly 25% of the time. Then, it drops to around 60-75 Wats for the next 25%, and this continues dropping off like so until you get to the last quarter.
.1 ohms!
You will blow yer face off!

LOL
I stay above .2 on the CV. And so far see no need to go lower.
I do not like a hot vape or massive air.
I like a lightly restricted to moderately restricted lung hit off of a warm but not hot vape.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very classy!

I'll be getting that new 24mm Berserker tank in a couple weeks, and the only mods I have that it won't overhang are my CF4s... so I've been shopping bargains, trying to find something with a slighter fatter width that won't break the bank. Wouldn't mind a 2-batt mod, that would give me great battery life, at my tootle puffer wattage, but I'm concerned about the weight of it. My son's new Revenger isn't heavy at all, but 200w? Seriously? Drastic overkill, for me -- I'd like to keep it under 100w if at all possible. Really want one of those new Aegis mods, wouldn't have to be so damn careful to dry my hands thoroughly when I'm cooking or doing dishes and want a quick vape... but they're still a bit more costly than I'd prefer.

Andria
Dna 75c , 2 x 18650 , smaller Than VT75 Og mod and just s few mm longer than VapeDroid C1D2 mod , thats a good dize for 2 cells , and Actually avery nice mod ,
b0d289cd4753d2f5211c7427620b817a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not much here either. Think I am allergic to hops.
And I have the bitter gene so alcohol tastes horrible.
I dont like taste of any alcohol myself ,
needs to be drowned in pop for me to drink it, an even thats not something i enjoy either ,
Always prefered to smok ,
Then that change to vape.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin yall and GFY.

@LynnNC Happy belated 61'st and dayam on the bad luck. You just cant catch a break girl.

@JuicyLucy the smart ass in me has to wonder if the repair man was on hold with the cable company when he dropped dead.

@MyMagicMist Thanks for the :coffee:. Needed it!

With me, I am still fighting the disability insurance asswipes. They have used every trick in the book to delay, delay, delay. Last April where I worked gave me the go ahead to file for disability. In May I was able to return the forms to them. Took a while for the doctors to fill them out. Now its mid october, still no disability payment and I get an email yesterday that if my claim is approved they will be deducting $2400 a month because of Social Security disability. I am not collecting frickin Social Security Disability so WTF?
Finally was able to talk to someone with the disability insurance company. Explained to them that yes, I have filed but no determination has been made yet and everyone know they deny %99 of initial claims and it can take up to a year and a half to get Social Security disability. I informed them that if they did that it would put me in a financial hardship and that I would have to take actions to rectify that (hint, hint, see ya in court) so now they are re-evaluating their position.

Dont ever let your health fail, life has a nasty way of really fucking you over when that happens.
Choppy, thanks for the birthday wishes! I think I like to pride myself on the old if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all adage. :giggle: I'm trying to think positive that it's got to get better right? Can't get any worse. I do think though that you're going to have to hire a lawyer. A friend of mine's husband lost his leg below the knee due to diabetes. He applied for disability and was told that only having one leg did not render him disabled. That there were plenty of jobs available that he could use his hands and arms for. Six months later he lost his other leg for the same reason and became confined to a wheel chair. He reapplied and was told that being wheelchair bound does not make one disabled. He hired a lawyer, got his disability including a years back pay.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dna 75c , 2 x 18650 , smaller Than VT75 Og mod and just s few mm longer than VapeDroid C1D2 mod , thats a good dize for 2 cells , and Actually avery nice mod ,
b0d289cd4753d2f5211c7427620b817a.jpg

Hahahahah... yeah, it's about $75-$100 over my budget. I don't like to pay over $40, and refuse to pay more than $50. More expensive than that... I don't need it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here alc tastes bad.
Good whiskey? What an oxymoron.

I could tolerate scotch, when I drank... It's dry and smooth... not "sweet vomit" like bourbon or other "corn likker." I spent a lot of years missing the taste of beer and good wine, but I doubt if any of it would taste good to me anymore, after 25 yrs without it.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am assuming that your Uncle had nothing to do with the death?

Strange stuff. The Demon Murphy has been paying attention to your clan.

Explains why you were not around much yesterday?

Jesus - this is getting beyond belief

Youngest in Seattle calls me all rattled and upset - - - this is one of her best friend's son

She is crushed and I am bewildered Body of missing Lynnwood boy, 6, found in dumpster

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like everyone needs some good news. There is more than enough darkness in our world, in the cosmos. Darkness tells us love is foolish. Love makes us work for it was love which created us ultimately. We were given the greatest gift ever, the freedom of choice, a choice to live and thrive.

Darkness is only negative and harbors a nothingness that remains unnamed. It would have no life in our cosmos. Instead, we dare to live in the darkness to bring the light. At times I see all the negative and it is too much to consider. That's why I look to positive news sources.

I've seen the ending. Love wins. :) Yes, I'm still agnostic. That does not exclude me from believing in love.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I would totally play powerball if I could

We have really archaic gambling laws up here - and I'm not much of a gambler but still see how dumb they are

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahahahah... yeah, it's about $75-$100 over my budget. I don't like to pay over $40, and refuse to pay more than $50. More expensive than that... I don't need it.

Andria
Ah i well
I seem to of got for less than 50 in flash sale gearbest
then a little more off
with using GearBest points from previous purchases ,
still for a few pics , wee Review and quick vid up load gained quite a lot of point s
off my previous items id bought , you occasionally get to earn a few dollars worth of points from even cheap purchases
So worked out a good price for me,
None the less still a great mod for discounted or retail price.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
OMG Lucy!!! That is beyond terrible. :( :( :(

Guess they arrested one of the mom's relatives - drowned the poor boy in a bathtub then tossed him in a dumpster

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah i well
I seem to of got for less than 50 in flash sale gearbest
then a little more off
with using GearBest points from previous purchases ,
still for a few pics , wee Review and quick vid up load gained quite a lot of point s
off my previous items id bought , you occasionally get to earn a few dollars worth of points from even cheap purchases
So worked out a good price for me,
None the less still a great mod for discounted or retail price.

I'm thinking that I might go a bit higher at some point and get a VT Inbox. I really dion't see any particular need for a DNA mod, and I don't want to support the cult of it... and I love the replaceable panels of the Inbox. It's only *slightly* more than my usual budget, so it's a lot more feasible. I will NEVER EVER pay more than $100 for a mod, I don't give a shit if it says Cadillac on it... unless it can do a lot more than simply vape.

Andria

VU Sponsors