Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
constantly getting into our business and upsetting us.

I had written about some negative stuff but thought better of it. All I can say about here is "Well, piss ...". *shaking my head* You're right, we'll be happier by far on our own. Think we are both growing more and more aware of that. In fact, Not sure I'm too concerned if we get a homestead or not. Have not ever lived in an an apartment type setting, well boot but that's for service and a different life. It might actually come to suit for me, I don't know. We'll see. :) I do know though you're correct. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Am hoping to semi-retire this summer - - so what I have on hand hardware-wise will need to suffice for a few decades, so I don't feel regretful at all at what I've gotten at all

Kind of where I fall as well regarding gear. Wife has said we're going to file me again for disability. There's been some different things put to the listings for it. I have also relented and told the mental health folks, "go ahead and scribble me in for that P.T.S.D you keep trying to list on me." They could not and would not list that on me. It was for me to say it and realize, accept it. So, I do, much as I'd rather not. I'm not a victim. I survive.

So, I'm looking to have non-regrettable gear as well. Got a chuckle out of young lady the other day at our local "smoker friendly". We had to go pay our first electric bill and set up deposit for it there. I looked over some of the HUGE selection of vaping stuff they had.

"Can I help you?"

"Nah, just looking. Here's what I use," I said while palming out the Coppervape, popping off the top cap to reveal the two SS coils I built in wee morn hours.

"Oh, um, we don't carry those kind of coils."

I just thought to myself, "hope not, those are two fused Claptons all SS I made." It was funny though watching her eyes light up and her jaw drop in awe, shock.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black Friday sales are done for me.
Bought another Serpent RTA. They seem to be going away and I like them for my Kato clones.
Bought another white Dripbox2.
Except for some PG/VG I am set for another 1-2 years on ALL vaping supplies.

Might buy a thing or two over the next year.
Well actually will for sure buy a thing or two :)
But nothing much catches my vaping fancy right now.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kind of where I fall as well regarding gear. Wife has said we're going to file me again for disability. There's been some different things put to the listings for it. I have also relented and told the mental health folks, "go ahead and scribble me in for that P.T.S.D you keep trying to list on me." They could not and would not list that on me. It was for me to say it and realize, accept it. So, I do, much as I'd rather not. I'm not a victim. I survive.

Likewise. Surviving means facing and confronting what your life really is, not denying it and pretending like it's not there. You know, the first step: "We accepted that we were powerless over ______ and our lives had become unmanageable." Until you take that first step, there cannot be any real healing. Men are almost always the "deny Deny DENY" type: "I'm fine, I got this." even when they're not fine at all and it's completely obvious to EVERYONE... except them. I think this is why more men commit suicide, and more women are in therapy and take psychoactive meds to get better -- women aren't so damn stubborn with the denial and the "I got this." bullshit.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the pies are in the oven. And you don't get any, Cromwell. :p

Andria
No surprise. Wife baked big turkey to give to poor thru her church and we are just eating whatever tomorrow.

think I will have a Mexican heatemup thing?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No surprise. Wife baked big turkey to give to poor thru her church and we are just eating whatever tomorrow.

think I will have a Mexican heatemup thing?

I've been doing a big traditional thanksgiving feast since our son was a baby... and now he's 29... so, 29 yrs. Well, really 28, because I boycotted all the holidays last year due to my mom's death. This year really isn't any easier, I've just gotten more used to choking the tears back and going forward.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Likewise. Surviving means facing and confronting what your life really is, not denying it and pretending like it's not there. You know, the first step: "We accepted that we were powerless over ______ and our lives had become unmanageable." Until you take that first step, there cannot be any real healing. Men are almost always the "deny Deny DENY" type: "I'm fine, I got this." even when they're not fine at all and it's completely obvious to EVERYONE... except them. I think this is why more men commit suicide, and more women are in therapy and take psychoactive meds to get better -- women aren't so damn stubborn with the denial and the "I got this." bullshit.

Andria

Well, not exactly contradicting you here in the sense of contradiction to prove your point. :)

I know there's more healing needed on my part. Also know I have healed a big portion of what needs healed as well. There's certainly a lot that I recall as far getting through the abuse, and yes know a lot has filtered into who I am. That sometimes I think might impose limits and needs something, healing, working out, altered, I'm not sure but something.

Not knowing and not having any sense of plan, or purpose can at times create a sense of vulnerability. Although yesterday I did ask my wife if she was indeed sure it was alright if I were simply a house husband. She nodded with a smile. "Having you at home there with me is always something I'm sure about," she said.

I'm going to work on building coils and become rather good at it. We have about three places here locally, I might sell them to on consignment, or flat out sales. That might help me to offer a little help for helping pay bills at times, or even just give me some extra "mad money" to use for vaping or what not. Also got wood burning I could get into, "primitives" seem to do well for thrift shops around here. Might even pick up knitting again. *chuckles*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, not exactly contradicting you here in the sense of contradiction to prove your point. :)

I know there's more healing needed on my part. Also know I have healed a big portion of what needs healed as well. There's certainly a lot that I recall as far getting through the abuse, and yes know a lot has filtered into who I am. That sometimes I think might impose limits and needs something, healing, working out, altered, I'm not sure but something.

Not knowing and not having any sense of plan, or purpose can at times create a sense of vulnerability. Although yesterday I did ask my wife if she was indeed sure it was alright if I were simply a house husband. She nodded with a smile. "Having you at home there with me is always something I'm sure about," she said.

I'm going to work on building coils and become rather good at it. We have about three places here locally, I might sell them to on consignment, or flat out sales. That might help me to offer a little help for helping pay bills at times, or even just give me some extra "mad money" to use for vaping or what not. Also got wood burning I could get into, "primitives" seem to do well for thrift shops around here. Might even pick up knitting again. *chuckles*

When I went thru my last big mental health to-do about 14 yrs ago, it was such a combination of factors, it's really a miracle I didn't wind up in an I-love-me jacket, as my husband calls them -- hormonal hell, a/k/a peri-menopause... PTSD... major depression... and a lot of that major depression came down to, it was time I faced up to the hell of my growing-up years, and the rage I had saved up for 30+ yrs... it finally came spilling out, and wasn't pleasant for anybody, but at least I finally unearthed and mostly got rid of it. Effexor helped me a lot, since it treats both depression and anxiety. Now I have phases of depression sometimes, but at this point I know, it's just another thing, it doesn't have to wipe me out completely. I think some people are just wired that way, depression is kind of the "fall-back position"... it comes and goes, but nowadays I try to just deal with it as it does.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love pumpkin pie, because it is a FANTASTIC way to eat gobs and gobs of whipped cream. I just found a thanksgiving meme that expresses my feelings PERFECTLY.

pumpkinpie.jpg

:teehee:
Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well yall, today we had a serious discussion. Seems there is a bunch of half chewed bones around the house. We discussed this in great lengths and I advised someone that less snoozin and more chewing is what is required. This is the reply I got for my troubles.......

A1yCw1nfR7af4lTroWbkBw.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
... and the rage I had saved up for 30+ yrs... it finally came spilling out, and wasn't pleasant for anybody ...

Well, that's something I'll have to maul over a good while. Not so filled with rage any more. Burnt a lot of it up as fuel, negative energy transmuted to positive. Know that might sound easy. It's not as easy as it sounds. Will admit there might be residual left but as I said, it can get mauled over. :) "I can do it." :D :)

Now, it's justifiable being angry with our situation here. That'll work out once we get the moving out and on to living our lives for ourselves, situated and underway. And gee, "I can do it, too." :D :)

Got to feeling a little useless this evening because I felt like I needed to do something. Then, realized how we've been living over the past two years, everything is near enough ready to go. It's all but for the taking out and loading up to get it there. Can't really do any of that until we are actually doing it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL I wear Dickies dark blue shirts and Khaki slacks. This time of year they are flannel lined slacks :)
Idiots think I work there.

Might be what I need to do so as to avoid the menacing by their security folks. Sure, I know i get panic attacks in there and look perpetually lost. That's no excuse to full court press a fellow. How about a nice genuinely friendly smile and, "can I help you with anything, sir?" Maybe offer to guide me to a nearby bench to sit down. The damn concrete floors in that place kill my feet and back.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well yall, today we had a serious discussion. Seems there is a bunch of half chewed bones around the house. We discussed this in great lengths and I advised someone that less snoozin and more chewing is what is required. This is the reply I got for my troubles.......

A1yCw1nfR7af4lTroWbkBw.png

Heh, your dog and my cat. Though she just got up from snoozing on my son's bed, to pick up where she left off with dinner. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be what I need to do so as to avoid the menacing by their security folks. Sure, I know i get panic attacks in there and look perpetually lost. That's no excuse to full court press a fellow. How about a nice genuinely friendly smile and, "can I help you with anything, sir?" Maybe offer to guide me to a nearby bench to sit down. The damn concrete floors in that place kill my feet and back.

Ohh you misunderstand maybe?
The customers think I work there and demand that I help them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh you misunderstand maybe?
The customers think I work there and demand that I help them.

Guess I did read it the other direction. :) Still believe I'd never be able to work for Wal-Mart. I could never pass the psychological battery of questions on their electronic application. Unable to do the hypocritical and pretend I'm something they desire for personal gain, not a psychopath. Aw well, I'll keep busy anyway. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll settle for a piece of pie after loving a great feast. :giggle:

Oh, and the other misfits around the table here at Casa Duncan. :)

Woke up too late, so I'm trying to hurry thru making breakfast.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am going to practice scrooge for Thanksgiving today :)

But on an interesting side note: youngest daughter is in California meeting her boyfriends parents for the holiday :banana:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I managed to get breakfast done, consumed, and cleaned up, by 1; dishwasher's running, so we'll have plenty of silverware, along with the good china plates and bread plates, and the GRAVY BOAT! :D

So I have a couple hrs to screw off before I start the turkey and stuff. :) The mate's out back cutting down a GI-NORMOUS holly tree, and the spawn is cussing at a Madden's football video game.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From me and my furry four legged turkey to yall my friends :)

Goddle-Gobble-Ya-Know-Happy-Turkey-Day-Glitter.gif

Decided to cook the bird last night and when I pulled it out the oven at midnight, knew it was a mistake :teehee: An hour more to cool and another hour to chop up and get everything into the fridge before getting any sleep but it all turned out ok. When we finally crashed for the night I had just enough scotch/eggnog in me and my lil turkey was well stuffed so we both snored loudly :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No accountin for some peoples taste or lack thereof ;)

When I become planetary dictator I will ban the horrid stuff.

Reckon I'll join the merry band of outlaws then. Will find means to grow some and keep the brown coats supplied. You and that nasty old Federal Government, erm Alliance can keep your no okra liking and pea picking hearts North of Mason Dixion. We'll go back to raising industrial hemp and using it for medicines, as well as allow for a little recreational use responsibly, grow pine fields and harvest the amber and pitch, grow all kinds of magnolia what we can use to make up furniture, grow cotton and rye for cash crops as well as rye for the whiskey, legalize moon shining and prostitution (set up fair market on that, give free health care, insurance). We'll run you economically by going back to silver, gold, platinum, rubies, diamonds, jade as our money based on time spent in laboring at standard rate equal to $10 per hour of work, no taxing our ranks or nationals either. Lack of taste? Bah, I wouldn't serve you boot swill and call it rum, now maybe outhouse water ... ;) :):p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only bad thing about okra is picking it, and even handling it when you're cutting it up to cook; it's got those damn bristles, it feels like handling fiberglass insulation after it touches your skin. Picking squash is that way a little bit, but it's the leaves on the plant, not the squash itself.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good evening all. I was stuffed, had a nap and now I'm ready for dessert. There's a chocolate fudge pie calling my name in the kitchen. As usual, everyone ate and ran leaving me to clean up but it's so nice to have the house to myself. Peace and quiet...AHHHH....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, just finished dinner, and the turkey was awesome, juicy and tender and delicious; everything else was great too. Taking a vape break before starting the cleanup and then the pumpkin pie. :) (actually I did a LOT of the cleanup as I went, so the mess to cleanup really isn't all that bad!) :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, just finished dinner, and the turkey was awesome, juicy and tender and delicious; everything else was great too. Taking a vape break before starting the cleanup and then the pumpkin pie. :) (actually I did a LOT of the cleanup as I went, so the mess to cleanup really isn't all that bad!) :)

Andria
That's how I do it too. Makes cleanup when the meal is over so much easier. All I have left to do is throw the plates and silverware into the dishwasher.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's how I do it too. Makes cleanup when the meal is over so much easier. All I have left to do is throw the plates and silverware into the dishwasher.

Well, I still had a fairly big mess, but no more than a normal big meal any other day of the week. Got everything into the dishwasher except the gi-normous plastic bowl I use to whip the potatoes; I usually have to wash that one and let my husband dry and put it away; it's so huge, it rarely fits with everything else in there!

The cat enjoyed THREE helpings of turkey. :D She's truly a turkey-lovin kitty. :giggle:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not ordering nothing today. Or tomorrow or the next day. Christmas ain't happening at my house this year until maybe February. Sucks but it is what it is. :(

Good morning :wave: Cold here this morning...23 degrees. :confused: Dog woke me up earlier than I had planned to get up. :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Felt great not to worry about any of it - big little bro and I set an orthodox Christmas menu for his house this year

We need to find a real Kosher deli to pull it off though :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Felt great not to worry about any of it - big little bro and I set an orthodox Christmas menu for his house this year

We need to find a real Kosher deli to pull it off though :giggle:

Yeah... the Chinese with restaurants and Jews with Kosher delis sing a special song on xmas eve... "Whaaaaaaat a friend we have in Jesus..." :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors