Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh, I did that sort of thing before the spawn came back home to live, this summer -- some areas had not been touched since we moved here just over 6 yrs ago. :giggle:

Andria
Amazing how much better my Cherry baseboards and such look after a bit of cleaning.
I know we did not clean those when we moved in here almost 20 years ago.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was supposed to leave Tuesday but due to the recent terrible weather, am gonna leave Monday instead, so I lost a day to prepare

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow!
You better get in gear Girl!
Have you even decided what vape stuff to take?

Duh, most of that is already packed and ready for the major TSA bullshit hassle

Going lite: glued up Wraith with Goon, Pico with Hadaly clone and Eleaf Aster/Petri RTA for when I head towards sleepy town

Juices all juiced up and protected for that god-awful airplane pressure drop

12 brand new but fully charged Sony VCT6 batts

But, here is the kicker - my cousin is bringing a surprise with her that I sent to her house last week, so we will have new Christmas vapes, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just to get everyone in the Christmas spirit.

And NO I am not pokin fun at gays. I just think it is a wonderfully irreverent song on Christmas.

Well thanks to member of the forum we all hated, we know that being a tranny does not automatically make you homosexual

The song is quite gay and whimsical - definitely a great classic at this point :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I need to download some *actual* xmas music, to play on xmas day when the aunt and stepdad are here.... y'all know any good sources for free xmas music DLs? That bluetooth speaker I got for my birthday can do the flashy light thing, looks quite festive. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to download some *actual* xmas music, to play on xmas day when the aunt and stepdad are here.... y'all know any good sources for free xmas music DLs? That bluetooth speaker I got for my birthday can do the flashy light thing, looks quite festive. :D

Andria
You tube and the Free Youtube downloader program from Download.com. Been using it for years.
You can download either audio only or full video with audio.

Makes it into an MP4 file as I recall.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You tube and the Free Youtube downloader program from Download.com. Been using it for years.
You can download either audio only or full video with audio.

Makes it into an MP4 file as I recall.

That's no good, my phone only speaks MP3.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's really weird is that I can't sync the BT from my laptop to the speaker -- the phone works great with it,. but the speaker never syncs with the laptop at all.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a power bank today that says it is 20,000 mah?
It is a heavy sucker.
But 20,000 mah?
It does appear to have room for 8 18650 batteries though....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On Cotton Bacon.
Looks like a pack will last me from 10-12 weeks maybe.
Not too bad for $4.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If everything goes according to plan ( :crazy: ) will be in Anchorage with little to do tomorrow afternoon :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahh those plans.
I will do my best to keep Murphy busy down here.

What a pal!

Am a day behind because I was gonna leave Tuesday morning but weather forecast says I better try Monday instead

Will be flying out of Anchorage noon Tuesday

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Iffin I don't talk to ya again before you go, have a GREAT and Safe trip.

Same from me, @JuicyLucy -- have a very merry fucking hoho! :giggle: One of my old friends in MI always wished everyone a merry fucking hoho. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What a pal!

Am a day behind because I was gonna leave Tuesday morning but weather forecast says I better try Monday instead

Will be flying out of Anchorage noon Tuesday

Get this... Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport, one of the top busiest airports in the world, has been closed for hours; there's no power in the airport whatever, they've got all the alphabet agencies on it, and no one knows what's going on. I've never heard such bullshit in my LIFE! That's kinda like closing down O'Hare, or LAX, the week before xmas???????

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Get this... Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport, one of the top busiest airports in the world, has been closed for hours; there's no power in the airport whatever, they've got all the alphabet agencies on it, and no one knows what's going on. I've never heard such bullshit in my LIFE! That's kinda like closing down O'Hare, or LAX, the week before xmas???????

Andria

Crap - that kinda thing makes other flights back up, etc and causes trouble all over the place :confused:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, you're heading for Vegas, so I guess you could do that, if you really wanted. :giggle:

Andria

Jealous? :D - feel too old to ho around, even if it was in my nature :facepalm:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Crap - that kinda thing makes other flights back up, etc and causes trouble all over the place :confused:

I know; I had to connect at O'Hare once after xmas, to meet my ex in Milwaukee; unfortunately there was a blizzard in Chicago. :eek: Had to wait hours in Hartsfield for my flight TO Chicago, then when I got there, people were laying all over the floor, everywhere, barely room to even walk, and had to wait hours more; then I sat on the plane about 70 minutes, and since I happened to be sitting right on the wing, I got to watch them deice the damn things THREE FUCKING TIMES before we took off. :facepalm: That was really the only flight I ever took that I was terrified!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of the die hard movies I think.

Like Cheech and Chong movies they all blur together.

The 2nd movie was set in an airport... one of the DC ones, though i dunno if it was National or Dulles.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jealous? :D - feel too old to ho around, even if it was in my nature :facepalm:

Hmm, a bit.... I can't abide gambling, but there are probably some shows I'd enjoy, and definitely I'd like to see the whole freak show that IS Vegas. :giggle: Plus I used to be a huge CSI fan, so seeing the setting would be neat.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 2nd movie was set in an airport... one of the DC ones, though i dunno if it was National or Dulles.

Andria

Then there is the Tim Allen movie, Big Trouble.
While thinking of airport/airplane movies.
If you have not seen it I recommend it highly.

It and Dabney Coleman in Short Time are two of my fav comedy movies.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, a bit.... I can't abide gambling, but there are probably some shows I'd enjoy, and definitely I'd like to see the whole freak show that IS Vegas. :giggle: Plus I used to be a huge CSI fan, so seeing the setting would be neat.

Andria

The real reason I keep going to Vegas is to avoid going to Barstow - a backwater desolate little town on the edge of Death Valley, lol

Lets put it this way, Barstow is where the Joads first came to California :giggle:

My cousin I love as much as anyone in the world lives in Barstow, and the closest major airport is Las Vegas

So, I go hmm, Barstow? Vegas? Barstow? Vegas?

For some reason, Vegas keeps winning as the preferred destination over Barstow

When I went last summer, I gambled exactly $1

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Gambling?

Better than I did yesterday blew $2 on a defective Powerball ticket :blah:

DAMN! That is a months worth of Cotton Bacon!

Does seem like a tremendous waste when you put it in that perspective :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The real reason I keep going to Vegas is to avoid going to Barstow - a backwater desolate little town on the edge of Death Valley, lol

Lets put it this way, Barstow is where the Joads first came to California :giggle:

My cousin I love as much as anyone in the world lives in Barstow, and the closest major airport is Las Vegas

So, I go hmm, Barstow? Vegas? Barstow? Vegas?

For some reason, Vegas keeps winning as the preferred destination over Barstow

When I went last summer, I gambled exactly $1

Really can't blame anyone for avoiding ANY part of southern california: earthquakes, wildfires, and libtards/other assorted crazies.... hmm definitely a place to be avoided by any means possible!!!! :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Really can't blame anyone for avoiding ANY part of southern california: earthquakes, wildfires, and libtards/other assorted crazies.... hmm definitely a place to be avoided by any means possible!!!! :giggle:

Andria

As a lifelong progressive liberal you would think A: I'd like California (but I don't) and B) wouldn't mind being called a libtard (but I do)

As for the earthquakes, fires and crazies - have plenty of that up here

But, I think I figured out why we lead the nation in small plane crashes: aircraft can't fly with only right wings:cloud:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On Cotton Bacon.
Looks like a pack will last me from 10-12 weeks maybe.
Not too bad for $4.

That works down to around $0.05 per day used for wick, even less given wicks might not be changed daily. seems reasonable imho fwiw.

Wife had a huge fit over our electric bill here. The electric company had told her that for our complex the average bill ran around $90 monthly. Wife got her bill of $60.50 the other day, my such a fit she threw. I told her we'll swap out the CFL bulbs in most of the lights with actual L.E.D bulbs and probably get that dropping to around $40 a month. She had been paying over $300 a month where we lived.

Easy to see that in some regard we'll save a good deal not paying for her sister's life. Hoping it can be money tucked away toward a down payment of something around $30,000 - $50,000, closer to the former rather than later. Still thinking I desire a small homestead with a minimum 5 acres. Can then set up some nice hydro/aqu-ponic gardening and perma-culture & keep perhaps a small rounding of some livestock plus dogs & cats.

Well not long for going back to bed. Keep getting up at 0200 for some unknown rationale. Thinking it may be due to our next wall neighbors going out about then, it tickles my awareness, rouses me up. They probably head to Charleston for a day shift job.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As a lifelong progressive liberal you would think A: I'd like California (but I don't) and B) wouldn't mind being called a libtard (but I do)

As for the earthquakes, fires and crazies - have plenty of that up here

But, I think I figured out why we lead the nation in small plane crashes: aircraft can't fly with only right wings:cloud:

I was a liberal for a long time, and still prefer their "social" values (i.e., keeping their noses out of people's personal business, for the most part)... but when we got financially lower than I have ever been in my LIFE, the liberal then-gov't offered us no help whatsoever -- if not for my parents helping us, we'd have been homeless. So now I'm much more in favor of "less gov't is better gov't", which seems to fall more under a R gov't than a D gov't, though I think I'm probably closer to an "Libertarian" than anything else. I can't be in favor of "progressive" values, because those are the people who want to force things on you for your own good, and I'm quite capable of deciding my own good for myself. Those are also the people who think smokers AND vapers are evil incarnate, that we should ALL suffer, just 'quit or die'... yet now that we have vaping, suddenly they don't seem to really want us to quit at all.... because they only want us to do it THEIR way... and it's just none of their fucking business how I do it, nor even IF I do it at all.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both conservative and liberals sometimes force their values on others.

Neither side had a lock on that.

Me I believe in helping those in need who try to help themselves.
Deadbeats and Welfare moms who keep having children they cannot afford get no sympathy from me though.
And if the supreme court decided that corporations are individuals then they should be taxed that way.

I am for a pure flat 10% income tax on income with NO deductions.
You make $1 you pay a dime, you make $100,000 you pay $10,000.
We could cut out 90% of the IRS staff.
And the parasitic tax prep services...

And I DO believe in the death penalty.

Sexual orientation and partners is no ones business except for those involved.

Aside from major morality issues like Murder, theft, abuse, etc I do not believe in morality laws.
If it is not hurting anyone else it is none of their business.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Both conservative and liberals sometimes force their values on others.

Neither side had a lock on that.

Me I believe in helping those in need who try to help themselves.
Deadbeats and Welfare moms who keep having children they cannot afford get no sympathy from me though.
And if the supreme court decided that corporations are individuals then they should be taxed that way.

I am for a pure flat 10% income tax on income with NO deductions.
You make $1 you pay a dime, you make $100,000 you pay $10,000.
We could cut out 90% of the IRS staff.
And the parasitic tax prep services...

And I DO believe in the death penalty.

Sexual orientation and partners is no ones business except for those involved.

Aside from major morality issues like Murder, theft, abuse, etc I do not believe in morality laws.
If it is not hurting anyone else it is none of their business.

You surprise me at time Bob for someone so anti Trump. For the most part, I agree %100 with you and I am one of the deplorables.

People willing to help themselves I am always glad to help. I also believe the only entitled people in our nations are the seniors who worked hard and paid into Social security and our veterans. They earned everything they are entitled to. Those who pissed their lives away drinking, drugging and was too busy partying to be able to get a career and take care of themselves and a family dont deserve my help nor the governments help.

I think a flat tax would work well but I believe there should be a low income bracket that is tax exempt.

Agree on sexual orientation. I care less which way anyone leans. I never really cared but dont get all in my face with anyones beliefs demanding I support it. Thats when I become anti whatever.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You surprise me at time Bob for someone so anti Trump

I am also anti Hillary :)
Actually I have been just plain anti for decades :)

Honestly I am an individual who follows NO crowd. Be it political, religious or even a sports religion.

and a flat tax would never happen though for the simple reason it would remove so many favors that politicians can give out to special lobbying interests and contributors.

We have the best government that money can buy.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well us in UK , The working now are forced to go to foodbanks weekly , cost of living is so high 20% tax , 20% VAT on good bought an same on savings
We have very high utility bills , high petrol costs , means higher priced foods goods an services working people in UK haven't been as poor since Victorian times, low unemployment , but higher rising costs of living,
An an all time low income wages

Makes for a very poor nation , 1% cap on pay rises public sector but government officials gave them selfs a 14-16% pay rise
We are heading for some very hard unhappy times in UK,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Benley, not that different from the USA It has been a couple of decades since the working class here has seen a real rise in their earnings once it all is figured out.
Our GDP growth seems to be mostly based on consumers paying more for things they already buy.
Food, housing, electricity, etc...

VU Sponsors