Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear that....I could taste your strawberry recipe, but I wasn't keen on using so much flavor.....:)

Never really understood people's fear of using "too much" flavoring -- these same people who smoked cancer sticks for how many decades??? :facepalm: I started that recipe at 31%, and it tasted GREAT... and I double-damn guarantee you it's 99% safer than smoking even one cigarette.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never really understood people's fear of using "too much" flavoring -- these same people who smoked cancer sticks for how many decades??? :facepalm: I started that recipe at 31%, and it tasted GREAT... and I double-damn guarantee you it's 99% safer than smoking even one cigarette.

Andria
I wasn't worried about the concentrate.

I was using half a bottle with each mix, which I thought was a little bizarre...:cry:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With shisha strawberry. Just goes all chemically on me before I get much strawberry flavor.
But that is just my strange buds.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kewl looks great!
It was cool watching YouTube and learning new stiches. I put 4 different kinds of stiches into that blanket. I think my favorite is the Primrose. On the outside... I did a simple shell stich, and then elaborated on it and tried to make it a little "Victorian". Anyway, I need to wash it.............too much coughing. LOL

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mr Freeman is better. He has arthritis. Got some good meds for him too.
Tomorrow, if I feel better, I'm going to film that squirrel that keeps running around on my cheap mobile home roof.
:wait:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria I'm so glad you are better
Glad you're home Lucy. :) :bunny:

Are you also on the way back to health? Take it easy; I'm feeling a lot better, but I get tired very easily, have to lie down for 15 mins and just rest. I guess it's a "Coming Attractions" reel for my golden years. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any orders over $60 is free shipping.

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind when we get the Fed refund, which is considerably more $$$ than the state refund, which we gotta use to take care of this escrow shortfall to bring our mortgage pmts back to a sensible amount, and pay some on both our credit cards; one of them got quite blown up for xmas (the American way! :giggle:). We don't really have any firm plans for the Fed refund, other than just more debt clearing -- I may FINALLY be able to finish paying the surgeon for my 2014 appendectomy! :teehee:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'll keep that in mind when we get the Fed refund, which is considerably more $$$ than the state refund, which we gotta use to take care of this escrow shortfall to bring our mortgage pmts back to a sensible amount, and pay some on both our credit cards; one of them got quite blown up for xmas (the American way! :giggle:). We don't really have any firm plans for the Fed refund, other than just more debt clearing -- I may FINALLY be able to finish paying the surgeon for my 2014 appendectomy! :teehee:

Andria

Hey - if you can squeeze out the dough - here is that Aegis for under $50

EDIT: I have bought from this guy a few times - and really a great little company to deal with. Find something for $1 to add to the order for free shipping!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey - if you can squeeze out the dough - here is that Aegis for under $50

EDIT: I have bought from this guy a few times - and really a great little company to deal with. Find something for $1 to add to the order for free shipping!

Emm... there's no link. :D Gimme? I might be able to float this one; I told the mate I was interested in one of these mods, just waiting for the price to come down a bit. ;)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Emm... there's no link. :D Gimme? I might be able to float this one; I told the mate I was interested in one of these mods, just waiting for the price to come down a bit. ;)

Andria

GeekVape

This is the first time I've seen it under $50

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eh - subohm tanks - guess if he buys his own coils or learns to rebuild those tiny fuckers himself

I'd just hold out till what you want comes out at the price you are willing to pay

Funny you say that, about RTA coils. The R is supposed to mean "rebuildable", right? Well, I bought one of the "rebuildable" heads for that Melo 3 I won... turns out, it's put together much like a Protank head -- you have to pull the pin from the bottom, remove the insulator, to get at the leads, and to put a new coil in, exactly the reverse, secure those leads down with the insulator and put the pin back in. I could do it, if I had any interest in that tank; that style of head is the first kind I ever learned to build. But my son is all "NO FUCKING WAY!" :facepalm: He said if that had been his intro to coil building, he'd just buy new coils. Fucking idiot. :facepalm: Sometimes I can't believe I birthed and raised such a damn moron.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may have spoken too soon, about having no firm plans for our Fed refund, because actually, I've been wanting for a while to have our AC/HVAC serviced, and the ductwork blown out; coming up will be our 7th summer here, and I damn sure don't EVER wanna be sitting here in 90 degree weather in July and have the AC go on the fritz for simple lack of maintenance. And the ducts have to be bad by now, with a cat in residence; blowing them out should both save us money on heating/cooling, and keep either the AC or furnace from having to work so hard to do their jobs.

Anyone know what sort of price is usual for this type of job? Our home is not quite 1400 sq ft (served by the systems/ductwork).

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I may have spoken too soon, about having no firm plans for our Fed refund, because actually, I've been wanting for a while to have our AC/HVAC serviced, and the ductwork blown out; coming up will be our 7th summer here, and I damn sure don't EVER wanna be sitting here in 90 degree weather in July and have the AC go on the fritz for simple lack of maintenance. And the ducts have to be bad by now, with a cat in residence; blowing them out should both save us money on heating/cooling, and keep either the AC or furnace from having to work so hard to do their jobs.

Anyone know what sort of price is usual for this type of job? Our home is not quite 1400 sq ft (served by the systems/ductwork).

Andria
It cost me $200 bucks to have the ducts cleaned in my 2,000 sf love shaq....and $100 bucks to service the A/C.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It cost me $200 bucks to have the ducts cleaned in my 2,000 sf love shaq....and $100 bucks to service the A/C.

Ok, cool; $300 would be entirely doable with the fed refund, and leave quite a bit for debt clearing. That's good to know! Thx!

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, cool; $300 would be entirely doable with the fed refund, and leave quite a bit for debt clearing. That's good to know! Thx!

Andria
You could probably get the A/C serviced for less than $100 bucks, but make sure your right along side the guy/gal servicing the system. Most A/C contractors are on a selling mission rather than servicing. They usually always claim you need a new capacitor or whatnot, when you actually don't. Many claim you need a little freon or R410A, when in fact you don't.

Your husband could service the A/C...all you really need to do is remove the top (including the fan-motor) and side panels, use a garden hose to wash the coils thoroughly, check wire connections for loose or possibly burnt connections. Your husband could tighten any loose wire connections at capacitors or other items, if there are any.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could probably get the A/C serviced for less than $100 bucks, but make sure your right along side the guy/gal servicing the system. Most A/C contractors are on a selling mission rather than servicing. They usually always claim you need a new capacitor or whatnot, when you actually don't. Many claim you need a little freon or R410A, when in fact you don't.

Your husband could service the A/C...all you really need to do is remove the top (including the fan-motor) and side panels, use a garden hose to wash the coils thoroughly, check wire connections for loose or possibly burnt connections. Your husband could tighten any loose wire connections at capacitors or other items, if there are any.
Just make sure he kills the power first!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only possible way I could get off Effexor was to SLOOOOOOOOOOOLY reduce the amount in each capsule -- we got a big jar of gelatin capsules and my husband did the measuring on a sensitive little digital scale -- half the dose for a month, then half again for a month, then half again for a month -- that went on for well over a year, before i could get completely free of them; at the end I think there was maybe 2-3 GRAINS of medicine in the damn capsules. But any faster and I got these full-body ZZZZZT! type charges, felt like I plugged my brain into household current for 5 seconds.

Andria

I just got unbearably cranky and like I said, a nightmare. Not quite so bad, had worse happen on Prozac. I was close to a full psychotic break on it. My psychologist asked me on the phone, "know you're nuts?" My taking a bit scared him and so he reminded me I was in charge. "you want off, I agree. You don't want what it is trying to do. I know you've got things left inside for good reason. Put the PA back on."

Oddly, a few years later some dumb f-- psychologist tells me, "you need to relax, let your guard down and give yourself permission to be outwardly angry. It's okay to be angry." He didn't like the tone of my "maybe for normal folks", reply. What to me seemed idiotic, surreal was that he had been a full bird three star colonel in the Army. He knew what I am, who I am ... at least he ought to had enough sense to recognize something more than on the table. Nah, not him ... "Let's be all Doc Spock and tell you, You're okay, I'm Okay". *smh*

I'll come off of it mamma, even if I go hard through a day. It'll work itself out. Not quite ready to make that kind of jump just yet. Still feeling like another shoe needs to drop even knowing it's not going to, or so I hope not. Need my Lady in a little better place too, need her to not get scared and flip. Don't think she will but well, you know husbands keeping mamas safe. She didn't know I was wanting off of it. Sure I'm in charge still but I need to know she's alright too, part of the whole being in charge gig.

Been dosing with, eating orange marmalade. Get enough C in me, can step off nearly anything cold. The C will give the body a buffer until I get get B12 going and then level off and urinate out any excess C with no foul done. ooops, done it before? Hm, ... maaaaybe. ;) ;)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The ACS recommends that clinicians support all attempts to quit the use of combustible tobacco and work with smokers to eventually stop using any tobacco product, including e-cigarettes.

I like that. :) Although, and pardon me if it seems tin foil hat ...; All this time allegedly fighting against cancer and still yet they require more money and time for progress?

Yes, I understand cancer is a ... well, having seen what it does to loved ones, a bitch. That aside it does seem there would be progress further along in eradicating it. I was looking at some of the Pellinger video archives and there was even some kind of PSA film on cancer back in the early 1940's. Pub-D-Hub on Roku lets you explore those videos. Also showed my wife the first Jeep army promo video. She chuckled but understood then why I wanted her to keep buying Jeeps. :)

Shrek like taking a walk this morning. We went down to the end of our complex's lot. He found a spot on the verge to have a religious experience. It was kind of nice out then. He liked not having to fend of Peeping Tom's glances. :) I think he is addicted to our new bed, always naps in it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Most A/C contractors are on a selling mission rather than servicing.

You might then believe how bad terminator service guys can be. I had a genuinely sincere one take me aside once, show me the dirty bag of tricks. He told me that he felt it was unfair the company I was at could no longer afford his company's services, they were unionized and bonded. My company wanted a cheaper, shady terminator service. I ran three different terminators out of the restaurant and refused signing any billet or letting my manager pay them. Rat finks, bring in stuff to place and keep a racket going, not on my watch.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you also on the way back to health? Take it easy; I'm feeling a lot better, but I get tired very easily, have to lie down for 15 mins and just rest. I guess it's a "Coming Attractions" reel for my golden years. :facepalm:

Andria
Yes thankfully I'm still getting better. I am going to go into work tomorrow wish me luck! And I know what you mean about having to lay down and rest

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes thankfully I'm still getting better. I am going to go into work tomorrow wish me luck! And I know what you mean about having to lay down and rest
Don't put yourself into a relapse by going back too early!

I agree with Ms Juicy, it's better to take your time and take it easy, because that fucking flu is a monster. I did better today; cooked a normal weekend breakfast, and the only other thing I had to do all day was cook dinner, and of course the usual dishes/lunchmaking chores... didn't feel the need to lie down all day! Yay! Glad i got all done with the laundry yesterday, so I could more or less take it easy today.

And remember... banks and the USPS are taking off tomorrow, why not you too! If they can loaf, then surely recuperating people can loaf too. ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors