ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey forgot to ask how long did the landslide or whatever shut down your road to town?

Which one?

The last one a few weeks ago only shut it down for. a day

Had one a few years ago that was about three weeks - it was so big it actually went across the highway and then dammed the Lowe River, which runs through my neighborhood, less than a quarter mile away

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one?

The last one a few weeks ago only shut it down for. a day

Had one a few years ago that was about three weeks - it was so big it actually went across the highway and then dammed the Lowe River, which runs through my neighborhood, less than a quarter mile away
Umm the last one did not know about the other one.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So the power went out last night when I was right smack dab in the middle of my weekly dry-burn/rewick

Was feeling lazy, so had a towel spread out on the bed with tools, vodka, spent wicking, etc spread all over the place before being thrust into complete darkness

Used the glow from my computer to haphazardly clear the deck so to speak :confused:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a bunch of books I could have read not to mention many unfinished knitting or sewing projects as well. But..I had something like 20 hours of recorded shows on the dvr that was taking up space.
Lol. Sounds like me. I finally watched some of them yesterday and crocheted. My old body was sore from all the yard work I did. And something bit me on my arm! It itches like hell

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 106678 View attachment 106677 Two miles from my house, Jan. 2014 - it was a three-miles long avalanche
Omg!!!
I got me a little 3800 Watt dual fuel generator. I absolutely love it because it has an electric start. So I am ready for the coming spring storms now. My old gas one was such a pain in the butt to use. Anyway happy Monday few G's! I will just leave that as it came out with voice to text. LOL. Gfy

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Omg!!!
I got me a little 3800 Watt dual fuel generator. I absolutely love it because it has an electric start. So I am ready for the coming spring storms now. My old gas one was such a pain in the butt to use. Anyway happy Monday few G's! I will just leave that as it came out with voice to text. LOL. Gfy

GFY!!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's!

The wet ass weekend is finally over and hope it dries out soon! Poor rascal, I gotta keep checking him to see if his paws are starting to get webbing between his toes from swimming outside to go pee :giggle:

Even with me saying I wasnt, I broke down and bought a bread machine. Mind yall, my bread making is pretty good but damn, the mess to clean up is always a pain in the ass. No matter what I usually get flour everywhere including all over my shirt. So when I seen a new sunbeam bread machine on sale for forty sumptin, I said what the fuck, give it a try. Have a loaf of plain ol white bread for the first try going now. Clean up was a breeze with only a measuring cup and set of spoons to wash. No mess at all on the counter top so I am liking it already :teehee: Now to just sit back for the next few hours while my bread cooks. Probably zone out watching that old TV series Charlie's Angels. :D

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's!

The wet ass weekend is finally over and hope it dries out soon! Poor rascal, I gotta keep checking him to see if his paws are starting to get webbing between his toes from swimming outside to go pee :giggle:

Even with me saying I wasnt, I broke down and bought a bread machine. Mind yall, my bread making is pretty good but damn, the mess to clean up is always a pain in the ass. No matter what I usually get flour everywhere including all over my shirt. So when I seen a new sunbeam bread machine on sale for forty sumptin, I said what the fuck, give it a try. Have a loaf of plain ol white bread for the first try going now. Clean up was a breeze with only a measuring cup and set of spoons to wash. No mess at all on the counter top so I am liking it already :teehee: Now to just sit back for the next few hours while my bread cooks. Probably zone out watching that old TV series Charlie's Angels. :D
That's awesome! I love my bread machine. Use it all the time.
I also love those old shows. Enjoy!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's awesome! I love my bread machine. Use it all the time.
I also love those old shows. Enjoy!

Picked up Starskey & Hutch, Dukes of Hazzard, Chips and Charlie's Angels on Amazon Prime for around $10 a season. Says a lot for programming today when old shows are preferable to the crap on the tube in this day and age :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Picked up Starskey & Hutch, Dukes of Hazzard, Chips and Charlie's Angels on Amazon Prime for around $10 a season. Says a lot for programming today when old shows are preferable to the crap on the tube in this day and age :giggle:

I like old sitcoms, I dream of jeannie, gilligan, mchales navy is always great, and can't forget the righteous F Troop. :D

Andria

ETA: gotta throw in, Green Acres, and if you can find it anywhere, the terrific one that it spun from: Petticoat Junction. That was my favorite show after I learned that contrary to Mr Ed, real horses dob't really talk, so I totally lost my love for horses. :D I think I was 4 or 5 at the time, not sure. I mainly remember Mr Ed from reruns, but I do reall throwing a screaming fit when I learned that horses don;t really talk. That was the worst news of my young life, the next being the Beatles breaking up, when I was 8 or 9.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well yall, the bread is done and it is just as good as store bought sandwich bread. Rascal loved it steaming hit and dripping wiht real butter :giggle: It not what I expected. I made the homemade recipe, not the sandwhich one. I was expecting a more dense bread but this is light and airy.

I like old sitcoms, I dream of jeannie, gilligan, mchales navy is always great, and can't forget the righteous F Troop. :D

Andria

ETA: gotta throw in, Green Acres, and if you can find it anywhere, the terrific one that it spun from: Petticoat Junction. That was my favorite show after I learned that contrary to Mr Ed, real horses dob't really talk, so I totally lost my love for horses. :D I think I was 4 or 5 at the time, not sure. I mainly remember Mr Ed from reruns, but I do reall throwing a screaming fit when I learned that horses don;t really talk. That was the worst news of my young life, the next being the Beatles breaking up, when I was 8 or 9.

Sadly it wasnt even a year ago when Hulu was the old way you could watch green acres and most of those shows. Not anymore. They revamped the site and dropped a lot of stuff. I will probably drop them soon too. With Directv on my Roku I can access all the networks and surf their library of shows and pretty much eveything Hulu has to offer so not a big loss to drop them :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Had an awesome visit to the courthouse today

A small-time hood I've known since he was a kid was outside vaping because his wife got to court first before their divorce hearing and she has a restraining order against him

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was impressed with them both

I was just picking up some paperwork and saw a mini shit show IE great small-town gossip

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm not sure what sort of population density you deal with where you live, but here, "subdivisions as far as the eye can see", you can sometimes hear and identify an on-going domestic dispute, from the rising-falling vocal tones; it sounds a great deal like angry dogs having at it, when it's a good distance and you can't tell what they're screaming. What really sucks though is if you hear that, then hear gunshots. It happened at the rural apt complex we lived in for 11 yrs, 25 miles further from ATL. Scary as shit!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jaysus, the spammers have taken over the place. Have all the moderators gone to bed? :eek:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I'm not sure what sort of population density you deal with where you live, but here, "subdivisions as far as the eye can see", you can sometimes hear and identify an on-going domestic dispute, from the rising-falling vocal tones; it sounds a great deal like angry dogs having at it, when it's a good distance and you can't tell what they're screaming. What really sucks though is if you hear that, then hear gunshots. It happened at the rural apt complex we lived in for 11 yrs, 25 miles further from ATL. Scary as shit!

Andria
Yeah when I lived on the southeast side of San Antonio, they would find dead bodies in the creek behind my house. A neighbor of mine had her truck and house shot up because a rival gang targeted the wrong house.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Andria
Every apartment complex I've been around has been like that, even the nice ones in nice neighborhoods. I avoid drama like the plague so I just keep to myself and ignore shouting and door slamming. Come to think of it, I pretty much ignore everything that goes on outside.

The building I live in now caught fire back in September and a unit underneath us was totally gutted by the flame, so every morning at 8am the hammering and drilling and banging around starts, because they're working on refurbishing that unit, so it's a little hard to ignore that. Wall shaking slamming noises, shouting in Spanish, and impact wrenches going off all morning...good thing I have headphones that are basically earplugs....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn Im glad I live in the country and dont have to put up with any of that stuff yall been thru. The worst that happens around here is every once in a while they will rent this trailer thats across the road from me to a mexican family and for a few months there will be 20 to 30 people there and at times they play their music loud. I cant hear it inside so really not a problem for me. Not long ago a neighbor threatened to call Ice and the next morning the mexicans in the trailer was moved out lock stock and barrel :giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn Im glad I live in the country and dont have to put up with any of that stuff yall been thru. The worst that happens around here is every once in a while they will rent this trailer thats across the road from me to a mexican family and for a few months there will be 20 to 30 people there and at times they play their music loud. I cant hear it inside so really not a problem for me. Not long ago a neighbor threatened to call Ice and the next morning the mexicans in the trailer was moved out lock stock and barrel :giggle:
I'm in the country now too. But I'm by the military base so helicopters are always flying over. And I hear artillery and it shakes my windows.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

There are all sorts of hispanics though -- the ones across from us that I dearly wish would move out, have a grown son who's apparently an active-alcoholic and all-round asshole, and if he's in residence, we have cops in the street 2-3 times a week, screaming and yelling and blue lights flashing to blind anyone... but the last time, they took him away in cuffs, and apparently he's enjoying their hospitality for a while, as it has been very quiet over there. :) But the ones next door to them, diagonally across from us, is a small family who will sometimes have family parties and play lots of loud goofy spanish music, but it's off by 10 or 11pm; the biggest problem there is all the idiots parking on the street, and this street really isn't wide enough for that. But on the whole, I vastly prefer them to the idiots with the drunk son. :facepalm: I saw one of the family members of the drunk son out walking around one of their junk cars with another guy yesterday, so hopefully they're selling that junk car, maybe preparatory to moving out? One can only hope. I really have seen "seized for taxes" signs in their yard twice now, so I'm hoping they'll soon be gone. That house is the WORST eyesore -- yet the hispanics next door, diagonally across from us, have theirs fixed up like BHG. :facepalm:

It takes all kinds to make a nationality.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got bored with the news so went channel surfing this morning and seen on Amazon they had laugh in. Seeing how many of them are smoking on the show is funny by itself lol

One of the movies we rented this past weekend had that too -- Atomic Blonde -- late 80s, Europe, EVERYBODY smoked. I kept wondering what sort of thing Charlize had in her cigarettes. :D I think she's actually a vaper; she was on SNL a couple yrs ago and they did some real funny bits about vaping. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's. and brrrr damnit.

Cold this morning. Took Rascal out for his morning constitutional and stood there shivering while he dawdled around looking for his girlfriend. The neighbors left after the flood of aug 16 and abandoned their dog. Sweet little girl they just left her to fend for herself. I wont say how much I hate people like that. She walks around all dejected and I can pet her but she never wags her tail. She just has that dejected attitude. My mom and me been taking care of her, feeding her and trying to spend some time with her but you can tell her family leaving her like that really destroyed her. Recently she had puppies and I heard them crying over at the neighbors place a couple days ago. Yesterday morning I took Rascal out and heard the puppies crying from my shed. As bad as I feel for the little girl I just dont need to deal with a litter of puppies now but I guess I will do what I have to do and try to find them homes when they are ready. :(

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Morning all! Anyone else get some major snow? Pretty big snowstorm hit us (well, big for Kentucky. I guess in Montana it'd be a lovely light snow...)
Took down the tree in the front yard. Hope everyone who's getting hit by this storm is staying safe. People around here lose their damn minds when there's any snow so I have no doubt the grocery stores are annihilated and I saw a few wrecks on my short drive up the street...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all! Anyone else get some major snow? Pretty big snowstorm hit us (well, big for Kentucky. I guess in Montana it'd be a lovely light snow...)
Took down the tree in the front yard. Hope everyone who's getting hit by this storm is staying safe. People around here lose their damn minds when there's any snow so I have no doubt the grocery stores are annihilated and I saw a few wrecks on my short drive up the street...

Yeah another wet heavy snow loading down the trees.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its only lightly snowing here. About an inch and a half on the ground, roads are clear though. Wet but not slick. Yay! I'm going to work today come hell or high water! At 11:00pm I'll have 35 hours in. Every hour from 11 tonight on is overtime!!

@advancedvapesupply I have a question about the prewound coils on the website. Should I PM you or just pose the question here?

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its only lightly snowing here. About an inch and a half on the ground, roads are clear though. Wet but not slick. Yay! I'm going to work today come hell or high water! At 11:00pm I'll have 35 hours in. Every hour from 11 tonight on is overtime!!

@advancedvapesupply I have a question about the prewound coils on the website. Should I PM you or just pose the question here?
You can just ask here, or pm. Doesn't matter to me!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cold this morning. Took Rascal out for his morning constitutional and stood there shivering while he dawdled around looking for his girlfriend. The neighbors left after the flood of aug 16 and abandoned their dog. Sweet little girl they just left her to fend for herself. I wont say how much I hate people like that. She walks around all dejected and I can pet her but she never wags her tail. She just has that dejected attitude. My mom and me been taking care of her, feeding her and trying to spend some time with her but you can tell her family leaving her like that really destroyed her. Recently she had puppies and I heard them crying over at the neighbors place a couple days ago. Yesterday morning I took Rascal out and heard the puppies crying from my shed. As bad as I feel for the little girl I just dont need to deal with a litter of puppies now but I guess I will do what I have to do and try to find them homes when they are ready. :(
Poor babies and mama! I'm with you in that I hate people who leave the animals behind. I understand about not being able to take your pets with you but at least be decent and find them new homes. :(:mad:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My life, summed up in a photo
View attachment 106959
I hate that. Doing a tough build and you're like yes, I'm pulling this off, it's gonna work! BAM alien skips a wrap right in the middle of your work where you can't avoid it when wrapping. It's terrible..

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

People that leave animals like that should be put in a large area with a fence around them and nothing else............til they slowly starve and thirst to death..............

VU Sponsors