ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Had an awesome visit to the courthouse today

A small-time hood I've known since he was a kid was outside vaping because his wife got to court first before their divorce hearing and she has a restraining order against him

A friend of mine was just telling me he filed itigation papers to his ex wife today, and she had filed a bogus protection order, did not show up to court, now has $800 in fines...

Happy for him, also we have a marriage pact set for when we're both 35 (it started at 40, then I thought maybe we better move it up a bit lmao)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A friend of mine was just telling me he filed itigation papers to his ex wife today, and she had filed a bogus protection order, did not show up to court, now has $800 in fines...

Happy for him, also we have a marriage pact set for when we're both 35 (it started at 40, then I thought maybe we better move it up a bit lmao)
You go girl!:bliss:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's :)

The last year and a half been kinda a bitch to me with everything that has happened and like a dumb ass, during a stretch of real stressful time I stopped at a store and picked up a pack of smokes. I know its no excuse but it is what it is. Now I am hooked again as bad as I was after smoking for 40 years and vaping doesnt help. I could blow enough clouds to make my house look like a bar room on a Saturday night and still want a smoke. Was thinking on this the other night and how it was so damn easy the first time to quit because of vaping but this time it isnt helping at all. That is when I decided to go back to my roots. I got out a new CE5, a vision II spinner and some vapin plus rich tobacco juice that is 18 mg nic. I been vaping 3 mg and the stronger nicotine is harsh on the throat and chest but it seems to be working. As long as I have my little CE5 close by I have very little desire to grab a smoke. So thats what I been battling the last couple days, how yall doing :teehee:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

The last year and a half been kinda a bitch to me with everything that has happened and like a dumb ass, during a stretch of real stressful time I stopped at a store and picked up a pack of smokes. I know its no excuse but it is what it is. Now I am hooked again as bad as I was after smoking for 40 years and vaping doesnt help. I could blow enough clouds to make my house look like a bar room on a Saturday night and still want a smoke. Was thinking on this the other night and how it was so damn easy the first time to quit because of vaping but this time it isnt helping at all. That is when I decided to go back to my roots. I got out a new CE5, a vision II spinner and some vapin plus rich tobacco juice that is 18 mg nic. I been vaping 3 mg and the stronger nicotine is harsh on the throat and chest but it seems to be working. As long as I have my little CE5 close by I have very little desire to grab a smoke. So thats what I been battling the last couple days, how yall doing :teehee:
Have you tried nic salts? I've heard they really are helping people when they're trying to quit. It's the same form of nicotine found in cigarettes rather than the freebase kind found in e juice. Maybe try a Suorin Air with some 35mg nic salt juice. They're only like $20 for the suorin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I'm still vaping around 24 and when I try to lower it, I want to smoke, so I'm glad you found something that's working.
Have you tried nic salts? I've heard they really are helping people when they're trying to quit. It's the same form of nicotine found in cigarettes rather than the freebase kind found in e juice. Maybe try a Suorin Air with some 35mg nic salt juice. They're only like $20 for the suorin.

I've never heard of that. Thanks!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm still vaping around 24 and when I try to lower it, I want to smoke, so I'm glad you found something that's working.

I've never heard of that. Thanks!
I've heard people speak very positively about it. Obviously it has to be a low watt, mouth to lung sort of setup at that high a nic, but I have a friend that uses both that and big 100W staple builds with normal e juice and he's a big fan of the salt juices. A ton of manufacturers are making salt juices now also.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've heard people speak very positively about it. Obviously it has to be a low watt, mouth to lung sort of setup at that high a nic, but I have a friend that uses both that and big 100W staple builds with normal e juice and he's a big fan of the salt juices. A ton of manufacturers are making salt juices now also.

Never heard of salt juice but will have to look into it. Thanks for the heads up!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

:hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People complain about the USPS but here UPS is hosed as hell.
got a crd from them today that said on the 16th that they could not deliver a package because my building burned....
House is like 30 ft to the left of the burned building and connected with a concrete sidewalk...
The card said the item would be returned to sender if not picked up by 3-23. tomorrow got the card today....
Card gave the hours of 8:00 - 8:30 am and 5:00 - 630 PM MF to pick it up.
Got there a bit after 5 PM and sign by door said 8:00 AM to 10:00 am MF

I was pissed and just started kicking door.
Someone finally showed up and gave me my package.

Damn pig fucking outfit...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
People complain about the USPS but here UPS is hosed as hell.
got a crd from them today that said on the 16th that they could not deliver a package because my building burned....
House is like 30 ft to the left of the burned building and connected with a concrete sidewalk...
The card said the item would be returned to sender if not picked up by 3-23. tomorrow got the card today....
Card gave the hours of 8:00 - 8:30 am and 5:00 - 630 PM MF to pick it up.
Got there a bit after 5 PM and sign by door said 8:00 AM to 10:00 am MF

I was pissed and just started kicking door.
Someone finally showed up and gave me my package.

Damn pig fucking outfit...

Ah, you need one too :hug:after :tantrum::cuss2::gaah:

I know what you mean though, I bitch about USPS daily, but the competition is worse

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, you need one too :hug:after :tantrum::cuss2::gaah:

I know what you mean though, I bitch about USPS daily, but the competition is worse
And to make things worse I had 4 packages delivered by UPS since they failed to deliver that one.

And I had exactly 4 hours notice from the time the notice was put in my mailbox until they would have sent the package back
And had I not kicked the door for a while it would have been sent back at more cost to me to have it sent again.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And to make things worse I had 4 packages delivered by UPS since they failed to deliver that one.

And I had exactly 4 hours notice from the time the notice was put in my mailbox until they would have sent the package back
And had I not kicked the door for a while it would have been sent back at more cost to me to have it sent again.

:headbang:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Don't forget WTA, if you manage to go at least a week without smoking and cravings hit hard.

:hug:
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of WTA... Where's the best place to get that these days? I used to buy mine from wholecig, but they went kaput, sold to someone else, and I dunno what's going on with that or anything else to do with WTA these days. I'm almost half thru that last 15ml bottle I had stashed in the freezer, what with this and that emotional upheaval, the holidays, yadda yadda yadda... I should get some more.

My son told me he'd relapsed not to cigarettes (thank god! those things are worse than crack!), but with small aromatic cigars and also clove cigars or cigarettes or something, not sure, since I never tried any of those myself; to me, cloves remind me of dentistry, which falls into the #2 position of things I hate to the bottom of my soul (1st being vomiting, hands down!). He has a MAJOR problem with MAJOR migraines, and apparently actual tobacco smoking seems to offer him some relief when it's really bad. I keep hoping he'll "grow out of" those, as I finally did. *sigh*

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Slam them on their facebook page. Go to their page and put down what happened and how they make USPS look good. Within 30 minutes you will have a personal reply wanting a number they can talk to you on and all sorts of ass kissin. Just went thru it about a week ago.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slam them on their facebook page. Go to their page and put down what happened and how they make USPS look good. Within 30 minutes you will have a personal reply wanting a number they can talk to you on and all sorts of ass kissin. Just went thru it about a week ago.
True. My coworker recorded from his security camera the UPS guy throwing rocks at his dog ---- even though the dog was running and trying to get away. They got a response from management ASAP.
Cromwell, :hug:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
True. My coworker recorded from his security camera the UPS guy throwing rocks at his dog ---- even though the dog was running and trying to get away. They got a response from management ASAP.
Cromwell, :hug:

I hope they fired that guy.

From everything I have heard it sounds like UPS is a great place to work. Excellent pay and lots of benefits so it make me wonder why they have so many fucktards driving and delivering for them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going to post a video of the song that was the greatest motivation to me, when I had my smoking relapse, to get back to smoke-free -- Don Henley's How Bad Do Ya Want It? But the fuckers at youtube deleted it, stupid assholes. But that's exactly how I was able to get myself to take the plunge once again, to lay down the cigarettes and leave them down -- I just kept asking myself, "how bad do I want it? Do I want to keep being a broke, stinking, hopeless smoker, for the rest of my life? Or do I want to go back to being a non-smoker, and having a nice scent, and disposable income?" In those terms, it was a no-brainer for me. It's absolutely true that the first time you laid down the smokes thx to vaping, it was easy, so novel, to be not-smoking, and not-jonesing... but once the novelty factor is gone, you're left with simple will and desire -- do you want that cigarette so much you're willing to give it the rest of your life? Or do you want to go back to being a successful non-smoker? If you really, REALLY want to be a non-smoker, you'll find a way to resist smoking's allure. But if you really want to smoke and just think you SHOULD quit... you're basically engaged in a tug-of-war with your own self, and you're going to lose. If WTA doesn't help, then you're not suffering true cravings, you're suffering a failure of will, and you're right, WTA will not make you want to quit or give you the motivation to actually do it -- it's nearly impossible to force yourself to do something that you don't really want to do in the first place, if that something is hard, uncomfortable, and the remedy for that discomfort is only a pk of smokes away.

How bad do ya want it?

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AndriaD I guess I want it bad enough that I have increased my nicotine back up to 6mg from 2mg because that's where I was before the accident and went down on my cigarette usage down to 4 a day from 3/4 of a pack right after the accident. Your reasoning of the things I want are pretty much true for me....I'm getting there. :)

ETA: I quit cold turkey back in 98. No vaping, no patches, no nothing. I just made the decision to quit and just did it. And I WILL do it again. In 1 year I want to be free of it all. Vaping, nicotine and/or cigarettes. That's my plan.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD I guess I want it bad enough that I have increased my nicotine back up to 6mg from 2mg because that's where I was before the accident and went down on my cigarette usage down to 4 a day from 3/4 of a pack right after the accident. Your reasoning of the things I want are pretty much true for me....I'm getting there. :)

ETA: I quit cold turkey back in 98. No vaping, no patches, no nothing. I just made the decision to quit and just did it. And I WILL do it again. In 1 year I want to be free of it all. Vaping, nicotine and/or cigarettes. That's my plan.

Yeah, after I posted that, I thought, damn, I sound like one of those hard-ass smoke nazis with their "just quit" BS. But I had to learn it the hard way: the "real way" to quit is "just quit" -- vaping makes it SOOOOOOO much easier, but taking that first step, feels like jumping off a 100 story bldg. :eek:

I was really glad that the WTA I ordered didn't arrive till after I had finally put the damn things down again, because if I had started vaping WTA before quitting the smokes... I might still be looking for that magical motivation to lay them down, and WTA simply will not provide it, you have to dredge it up from inside yourself and stick to it -- WTA removes the cravings that come AFTER, but it absolutely WILL NOT provide the motivation to quit. That's why I rarely ever even mention it to those who are still struggling to lay the stupid things down, because it won't help them at all -- but someone who posts that they've quit at least a week ago, and haven't succumbed to the cravings but the cravings are driving them WILD... THOSE people can benefit HUGELY from WTA, as I did. WTA doesn't make you feel any particular way -- but after vaping it all day, you suddenly realize -- you've had no cravings all day! It makes itself known by the ABSENCE of a feeling -- a really awful feeling, like an itch you don't want to scratch -- but those who claim that WTA gives them "a buzz" -- pft. It's all in their heads, because it does not do any such thing.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, after I posted that, I thought, damn, I sound like one of those hard-ass smoke nazis with their "just quit" BS. But I had to learn it the hard way: the "real way" to quit is "just quit" -- vaping makes it SOOOOOOO much easier, but taking that first step, feels like jumping off a 100 story bldg. :eek:

I was really glad that the WTA I ordered didn't arrive till after I had finally put the damn things down again, because if I had started vaping WTA before quitting the smokes... I might still be looking for that magical motivation to lay them down, and WTA simply will not provide it, you have to dredge it up from inside yourself and stick to it -- WTA removes the cravings that come AFTER, but it absolutely WILL NOT provide the motivation to quit. That's why I rarely ever even mention it to those who are still struggling to lay the stupid things down, because it won't help them at all -- but someone who posts that they've quit at least a week ago, and haven't succumbed to the cravings but the cravings are driving them WILD... THOSE people can benefit HUGELY from WTA, as I did. WTA doesn't make you feel any particular way -- but after vaping it all day, you suddenly realize -- you've had no cravings all day! It makes itself known by the ABSENCE of a feeling -- a really awful feeling, like an itch you don't want to scratch -- but those who claim that WTA gives them "a buzz" -- pft. It's all in their heads, because it does not do any such thing.

Andria
WTA works for me. When I try to cut it out, I start dreaming about cigs and wanting one.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sad and sorry to hear that some of my Fugee brotheren and sisteren are struggling against cigarettes - :(
Same here. Addiction sucks. I coughed up a little blood this morning. I'm thinking it's probably since I had the flu so bad and then the doc wouldn't give me antibiotics for the bronchitis. I'm still feeling better though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WTA works for me. When I try to cut it out, I start dreaming about cigs and wanting one.

I had a little of that when I was doing the weaning-down... when I'd first drop slightly, the next day or two, I'd have smoking dreams, and be kinda umm... bitchy wouldn't be too harsh a word for it. :D Sometimes kinda sad and depressed too. That was why I went so slowly, with the weaning -- it was a lot harder than lowering nicotine. But within a few days of lowering, I'd be ok, and set for my next drop -- I went very regularly and systematically downward, getting slower as I got almost done -- dropping off a percentage point when you're at 10%, that's no biggie, but when you're at 4%? that's a 25% reduction, so I'd go slower. I didn't want to sabotage myself, in any fashion, either by going too rapidly, or not sticking to the systematic reduction. It took 15 months, and as mentioned above, I still sometimes add a drop or two when I'm seriously stressed, and it does help, which is why I'm really not surprised that times of high stress sometimes cause a relapse -- been there, done that, with that godawful appendectomy recovery.

But smoking dreams don't really bother me -- I went thru all that shit with drinking, and no longer suffer those dreams at all, but on the rare occasion I do have a smoking dream, I wake up laughing -- those bastards had me for 39 yrs, but they don't have me anymore. HAH! :) A big ol :finger: to cigarettes!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I live in mortal fear of a relapse and really feel for those struggling with it

But then, it took me three years and a month to quit with dual use and I felt like a loser doing both for so long :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was using a cigalike, my first go-round with quitting thx to vaping, but it wasn't one of those useless disposables, but an eRoll, with MFS Virginia, which to me tasted very similar to VA Slims. It took about 3 wks-ish, to get down to finally jumping off the 100 story bldg and saying enough, and on the first day of that, I got my first vv3 in the mail, and went to the local shop and got a kanger T3S, and it made all the difference. If not for my damn appendix, my quit date would still be Feb 28. :mad: But I think it was Mother Nature saying, "How bad do you REALLY want to be a non-smoker? Let's just see, shall we?" :D At least that long (about a month) hiatus from vape-only gave me time to figure out my cankles problem, and cut back on caffeine and sodium and start my daily coconut water. Now if I could get a handle on these motherfucking leg cramps, all would be swell. Last 2 nights, leg cramps all night; barely got 3 hrs sleep last night, so I've been crashing around like a bear prematurely woken from hibernation all day long. :mad:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took me a week to quit with Cigalikes.
40+ years of full strength at least a carton every 7 days. Sometimes 5 days...
When I quit back in 98 I quit cold turkey. I just put them down and never looked back. But...my mind had told me it was time. Even before I completely quit, I'd light a cigarette, smoke about half of it, look at it and think to myself that I didn't want it so I'd put it out. Hours would go by before I lit another and the same thing would happen. I picked a quit date and stuck to it. Before midnight on the day I had chosen to quit on, I took the half pack of cigarettes up to my moms and said if I wanted one bad enough I'd walk to her house and ask her for one. I never did and she wound up giving them to a neighbor a month later. I could be around people that smoked but it never bothered me or occur to me to ask them for one. I just didn't want it. I was smoke free from Nov of 98 until August of 95. I know I can do it again but my mind has to be right. I intend to give up both cigarettes and after that vaping.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping to me is giving up 1 vice to pick up another. That's just my opinion though. At this point in time, I want to give it all up.
My hardest hurdle though is going to be giving up that 1st cigarette of the day. It's actually the one I enjoy the most.

I need another vice...
One is not enough.

I do not drink or even drink coffee.
Sex has pretty much been gone for 20 years. Wife unit will not authorize a mistress.

I gotta have some fun!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping to me is giving up 1 vice to pick up another. That's just my opinion though. At this point in time, I want to give it all up.
My hardest hurdle though is going to be giving up that 1st cigarette of the day. It's actually the one I enjoy the most.
Speaking of......I went to Florida a couple weeks ago, I didn't vape for three-four days, really didn't bother me in the least.

VU Sponsors