Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and 2.6 million complain about Smok products and NO recall?

It is a strange world out there.

It's the diff between the vape industry and BT. BT is so fucking enormous, they can't hide anything, and they're so vilified by pretty much everyone, they have to at least pretend like they give a shit about our health and well-being. Vape industry just shrugs and makes a new thing which is pretty much like the old thing except in more colors. :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and of course, GFY :)

I survived celebrating National 4/20 day :p Was touch and go there for a while. Knew when xxxx water was spilt things was not looking good but we prevailed :teehee: Actually Rascal and me spent the night puting together a 5 drawer chest I ordered for the bedroom. Since the ex busted my growing operation I figured I no longer have a reason to not redo the bedroom from the flood damage. :giggle: Started this week on cleaning the room out and ordering new furniture for it. Rascal been a big help too. He makes sure no killer Ninja attack kitties get me while I am working :teehee: I think he is just snoring but he assures me I am safe. :bliss:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Y'all either died or somehow got a real life, since no one has said a word since Saturday...?

Andria
Yeah went on earlier today and I didn't feel as guilty for not being on since nobody was either LOL. I just had some neck pain so I've been out of touch. But I'm still hanging around.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah me too.I grew up in the south where they serve more Tea than both China & England.

But the tea grown in the US isn't aromatic at all... unless you particularly enjoy the aroma of sawdust. Which I don't mind smelling, but don't find it very tempting to the palate. :D My fave is Twinings English Breakfast Tea, pure black tea. Lovely stuff!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I glanced in here a few times this weekend but it was dead so I just moseyed on :p

Likewise; I was busy wrecking my shoulder er that is, playing with my 'spensive houseplans program. Seriously all that mousing dragging and dropping is playing HELL with my shoulder. I've given serious thought to pulling my laptop off the desk into my actual lap and using it as a tablet, since it's a touchscreen. :D But, I'd have to cut my nails if want to do any serious touch-screening.

But I figgered if I wanted to liven things up in here, I'd better give y'all a poke and see if you were still living. ;)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Likewise; I was busy wrecking my shoulder er that is, playing with my 'spensive houseplans program. Seriously all that mousing dragging and dropping is playing HELL with my shoulder. I've given serious thought to pulling my laptop off the desk into my actual lap and using it as a tablet, since it's a touchscreen. :D But, I'd have to cut my nails if want to do any serious touch-screening.

But I figgered if I wanted to liven things up in here, I'd better give y'all a poke and see if you were still living. ;)

Andria

I know that feeling. After years of being a gamer i had neck aches and shoulder aches that would about kill me. Probably why I dont game anywhere near as much now.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know that feeling. After years of being a gamer i had neck aches and shoulder aches that would about kill me. Probably why I dont game anywhere near as much now.

I guess I'm just out of the habit of much mousing; since I'm not doing any web coding anymore, I don't have the cycle of code-upload-refresh browser and repeat as I used to do just constantly; since 2014 all I've really done online is foruming, and now this houseplans thing is just KILLING my bad right shoulder.

I had the weirdest damn dream last night, a smoking dream, which is weird in itself, I've really had very few of those. But apparently I had given up vaping, and in the dream I was running around the house searching madly for cigarettes, even butts, muttering that I just didn't know why I had quit vaping. I reckon it's a cautionary tale, not to ever actually quit vaping, no matter how routine-mundane it becomes -- it's still preventing me from smoking, and that's really all it needs to do. Maybe it's my subconscious prompting me to do the ordering I keep meaning to do and keep procrastinating, some shisha strawberry, a couple more liters of nicotine (we got an additional freezer! whoohoo!!!), and some more PG and VG before I let the Amazon Prime lapse in June.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I ordered my shisha strawberry, grabbed some blueberry extra while I was at it, and then went to vaperstek and ordered some TH nicotine. I would have ordered the nicotine at ECX, but they have this asinine new policy, were gonna charge me $14-odd for USPS ground shipping, even tho my order was over their $59.99 cutoff for free shipping. When I saw that, I said fuck you very much, cleared my cart, and went to vaperstek, whose price beats ECX's anyhow, and they only charged me $8.99 for Priority shipping. So ECX's asinine shipping policy just cost them any further of my business, since now I have no reason at all to order anything from them. Asshats.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But the tea grown in the US isn't aromatic at all... unless you particularly enjoy the aroma of sawdust. Which I don't mind smelling, but don't find it very tempting to the palate. :D My fave is Twinings English Breakfast Tea, pure black tea. Lovely stuff!

Andria
I mostly stick to loose leaf teas these days.Even the good bagged stuff doesn't taste as good as loose leaf.
Even (Taylor's of Harrogate's) & (Stash) +(Rishi) which are all excellent yet still don't come close to loose leaf.
Some other good bagged brands to check out are listed below.
Numi
Teavana
Tazo
Yogi
Traditional Medicinals
Harney & Sons

Edit : MOST AMERICAN BAGGED TEAS GET THEIR TEA LEAVES FROM (INDIA OR CHINA)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Not sure what kind of mouse you have.
But here are 2 great options below.
For $15 the Logitech G300s
For $40 the Razer Naga Hex V2

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I mostly stick to loose leaf teas these days.Even the good bagged stuff doesn't taste as good as loose leaf.
Even (Taylor's of Harrogate's) & (Stash) +(Rishi) which are all excellent yet still don't come close to loose leaf.
Some other good bagged brands to check out are listed below.
Numi
Teavana
Tazo
Yogi
Traditional Medicinals
Harney & Sons

Edit : MOST AMERICAN BAGGED TEAS GET THEIR TEA LEAVES FROM (INDIA OR CHINA)

I've given some thought to acquiring a tea ball, since it is possible to buy Twinings teas loose. But I'm happy enough with theirs in bags, so I just stick with that.

The only American tea we drink around here is for iced tea; Luzianne is the champ, because they do something to their tea so that it doesn't turn cloudy when refrigerated. And it tastes good for iced tea -- when it's cold, the lack of aroma is a non-issue.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure what kind of mouse you have.
But here are 2 great options below.
For $15 the Logitech G300s
For $40 the Razer Naga Hex V2

I generally buy the cheapest I can find. I'm not nearly as hard on mouses (mice?) as I am on keyboards but still... not gonna spend a lot on it. I used to use a trackball, but then I started having a lot of issues with my thumb's biggest joint, right where it joins the hand -- it's easily twice the size of the same joint on my left hand. So I had to give up on the trackball. It also encouraged a lot of leaning, which I suspect is the problem now, leaning on that arm while mousing around. Since I started noticing the pain, every so often I try to change position, move my shoulder around a little.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Down to about 12 oz of CAP VC V1 trying to decide to order more or not....

I'm irked at myself because I decided to throw in a 30ml of blueberry extra, while completely forgetting I'm nearly out of blueberry wild. :facepalm: But oh well; I'll be doing more ordering before the caca hits the blades later in the year, so I'll get some blueberry wild then.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm irked at myself because I decided to throw in a 30ml of blueberry extra, while completely forgetting I'm nearly out of blueberry wild. :facepalm: But oh well; I'll be doing more ordering before the caca hits the blades later in the year, so I'll get some blueberry wild then.

Andria
Nothing wrong with BB EX.....!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nothing wrong with BB EX.....!

Except that it's a weak flavor, and if you go over 8%, it completely disappears. I use the other blueberries (wild, sometime INW's shisha bilberry and sometimes blueberry candy, depending on what I'm going for) to oomph the flavor so it doesn't vanish.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've given some thought to acquiring a tea ball, since it is possible to buy Twinings teas loose. But I'm happy enough with theirs in bags, so I just stick with that.

The only American tea we drink around here is for iced tea; Luzianne is the champ, because they do something to their tea so that it doesn't turn cloudy when refrigerated. And it tastes good for iced tea -- when it's cold, the lack of aroma is a non-issue.

Andria
No Tea ball ever.Just no.
Alton Brown agrees with me.Check it out below.

Skip to 13:48 and I apologize for the sound quality...Or lack there of.

For the really really good stuff.Did I mention this can get expensive very fast yet?

http://www.imperialtea.com

Not as expensive and still quite good.

https://hasbeans.com/product-category/tea/
https://www.coffeeam.com/gourmet-tea/loose-leaf.html

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally buy the cheapest I can find. I'm not nearly as hard on mouses (mice?) as I am on keyboards but still... not gonna spend a lot on it. I used to use a trackball, but then I started having a lot of issues with my thumb's biggest joint, right where it joins the hand -- it's easily twice the size of the same joint on my left hand. So I had to give up on the trackball. It also encouraged a lot of leaning, which I suspect is the problem now, leaning on that arm while mousing around. Since I started noticing the pain, every so often I try to change position, move my shoulder around a little.

Andria
My wife has all sorts of issues like those.In her case it is her bad sitting habits.Bad posture can cause all kinds of issues.So don't forget to do a few things that might help.
#1 get up and just walk around every hour.
#2 give everything a good bit of a shaking out.
#3 make yourself a nice cup of tea/coffee the warmth will almost instantly make your hands feel better.
#4 try having some apple juice instead of the coffee or tea.The natural sugars and pectin will give you a boost.

3%20Apple%20Blend%20Juice,%2010%20ozcfe4a71f-d8c0-48ed-9908-0a05dcce0ca4.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No Tea ball ever.Just no.
Alton Brown agrees with me.Check it out below.

Skip to 13:48 and I apologize for the sound quality...Or lack there of.

For the really really good stuff.Did I mention this can get expensive very fast yet?

http://www.imperialtea.com

Not as expensive and still quite good.

https://hasbeans.com/product-category/tea/
https://www.coffeeam.com/gourmet-tea/loose-leaf.html

No tea ball? Then how do you keep from drinking the tea grounds? That would ick me right the fuck OUT.

I'm really not into amateur vids of any kind, unless they're funny; THOSE I'll watch, and *occasionally* a vape vid if it's about a mod/atty I'm thinking of buying, to see what it's like, and pretty often for music I really like and can't find any other way... but otherwise, no, I really hate The Youtube Era. It's absolutely killing literacy.

Not interested in spending a lot of money, because I don't HAVE a lot of money. Kudos to those who do and like to flaunt it, but it's not my neighborhood. I'm one of those who rinses and saves aluminum foil, because it's not really DIRTY if it just wrapped something dry. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My wife has all sorts of issues like those.In her case it is her bad sitting habits.Bad posture can cause all kinds of issues.So don't forget to do a few things that might help.
#1 get up and just walk around every hour.
#2 give everything a good bit of a shaking out.
#3 make yourself a nice cup of tea/coffee the warmth will almost instantly make your hands feel better.
#4 try having some apple juice instead of the coffee or tea.The natural sugars and pectin will give you a boost.

3%20Apple%20Blend%20Juice,%2010%20ozcfe4a71f-d8c0-48ed-9908-0a05dcce0ca4.jpg

Drinking a lot of fruit juice is a really good way to encourage diabetes development -- it's liquid sugar, hits your insulin fast and hard, and contains little of the natural goodness of the fruit, such as the fiber and a lot of the bioflavonoids. I mostly avoid all fruit juice, though I have a weakness for ruby red grapefruit juice, if I can find it, and when we were ill, we got some good ol Welch's concord grape, divine stuff.

I have to get up at least once an hour, just to pee, with all the tea I drink -- though it's gotten to be a less of a problem since I drink more decaf than caf tea anymore. But I also have to just quit the program and either read, come here to the forum to see if anyone has said anything of interest -- even when I don't say anything for a while, I read here and the other parts of the forum pretty regularly.. sometimes I just don't have anything to say. I know, shocking. :D Or watch TV or get a snack or check my email or you know... stuff. Sometimes I even do laundry and cook meals and wash dishes. :eek: I do that "shaking all over" thing a lot, and it does help. I have this weird rolling maneuver I do with my shoulder, and sometimes it actually helps, I can hear a pop and know that something that was slightly out of place, now is back in. Sometimes my husband will rub my shoulders, if he's not mad at me about something or other, and his hands don't hurt too much -- he's got workman's hands, and he's starting to feel all of his 65 yrs right there in his hands. But he will assure anyone that he is definitely NOT getting old. :D

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No tea ball? Then how do you keep from drinking the tea grounds? That would ick me right the fuck OUT.

I'm really not into amateur vids of any kind, unless they're funny; THOSE I'll watch, and *occasionally* a vape vid if it's about a mod/atty I'm thinking of buying, to see what it's like, and pretty often for music I really like and can't find any other way... but otherwise, no, I really hate The Youtube Era. It's absolutely killing literacy.

Not interested in spending a lot of money, because I don't HAVE a lot of money. Kudos to those who do and like to flaunt it, but it's not my neighborhood. I'm one of those who rinses and saves aluminum foil, because it's not really DIRTY if it just wrapped something dry. :)

Andria
Good quality Tea uses bigger leaves.
Just boil some water then add the Tea Leaves let it set for 4 minutes.The leaves sink to the bottom during that time.No fuss no muss.Easy as pie.Just pour slowly...Cheers!
Or do it up in a (French Press) works great with green tea but should work with any type of tea.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have this weird rolling maneuver I do with my shoulder, and sometimes it actually helps, I can hear a pop and know that something that was slightly out of place, now is back in.
I get that too.Mines due to an old injury that never healed quite the right way.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pulled a gallon of PG and of VG out of the deep freeze last night.
Just mixed up 4 more liters of 50/50. should last me close to a year.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I pulled a gallon of PG and of VG out of the deep freeze last night.
Just mixed up 4 more liters of 50/50. should last me close to a year.

I just keep my PG/VG under the counter, my nicotine in the freezer. I did an inventory when we got that new (to us) freezer (from my stepfather), and I was surprised to learn that I still have a smidge over 2.5 liters, about 2.6 liters. Around the time our son first moved back home last summer and started vaping, I had roughly 3L, or maybe just a smidge less... and he's been home for close to a year now, using ejuice, and also selling some to one of his friends (I cut him a sweet deal, because he's 21 and I'd much rather know he had something to vape than that he smoked -- his parents won't support vaping, but they'd buy cigarettes for him, when they buy theirs -- IDIOTS!).

Anyway I figger I oughta get another 2.5L now that I have a bit more storage space for it. I justy ordered 450ml from vaperstek; I figger I'll re-stock the same way I started, a little at a time. I probably have enough 30ml bottles for 450ml, so one of my next orders will be to amazon for bottles, and some more PG/VG while I still have free Prime shipping.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get that too.Mines due to an old injury that never healed quite the right way.

Zackly. Thick I fucked up the rotator cuff about 20 yrs ago, swinging a mattock for all I was worth into gravel hard-pan, busting it up to make raised beds. I';m not one to run to the doc for every little twinge and ache, so it never got treated at all... now, it's my cross to bear, for being so impatient for those damned raised beds I couldn't wait for the ol man to bust that hardpan for me. :D

Anddria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Zackly. Thick I fucked up the rotator cuff about 20 yrs ago, swinging a mattock for all I was worth into gravel hard-pan, busting it up to make raised beds. I';m not one to run to the doc for every little twinge and ache, so it never got treated at all... now, it's my cross to bear, for being so impatient for those damned raised beds I couldn't wait for the ol man to bust that hardpan for me. :D

Anddria
Mine was caused by some crazy bitch with a baseball bat in Texas circa 1994 if I recall.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So, I sprang Mr Juicy from the hospital finally

30 staples down the neck and a wound drain later - he ain't happy but is doing pretty well considering...

Oh, and his room had a hell of a view

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, I sprang Mr Juicy from the hospital finally

30 staples down the neck and a wound drain later - he ain't happy but is doing pretty well considering...

Oh, and his room had a hell of a view

What was that for? I don't think I've seen anything about some new medical disaster for Mr Juicy... have I? Nice view of the mtns. :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few weeks ago the wife bought a CD of a country singer (I forget his name) singing gospel songs.

It has been worse than when the granddaughters got their Justin Beiber CD at age 9.

For hours and hours each Day I hear about God's name being Andy and such....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What was that for? I don't think I've seen anything about some new medical disaster for Mr Juicy... have I? Nice view of the mtns. :)

Andria

New fusion to old fusion, shaved off a bone spur, stuff like that

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andy walks with me Andy talks with me
Andy tells me I am his own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

I would either have to run away from home, or buy her some headphones and insist that she use them when playing that shit. :facepalm: I don't make my husband use headphones for Zappa or the Grateful Dead, I just close my bedroom door and put on some GOOD music.

Andria

VU Sponsors