Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah ha, knew I was in good company. *grin*

Will digress there as I'm not keen to ramble, been doing a bit too much. Suffice it that I'm happy for such company. :) Means when the crap hits the fan, at least it goes around in equal shares. *chuckles*

gf came home from work one day and we was discussing something when she came out of left field with "you stupid or what?" I didnt miss a beat and replied sweetly "well, I am with you dear". and walked off. That went on for about a month and a half when she finally picked up on what I was doing. Kinda figured it out when one day she said it. I replied like normal and heard her mumble "asshole" and never heard it since. Ya cant let stuff get to ya, it will drive ya nuts but nothin wrong with havin a little fun and rolling with it :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
gf came home from work one day and we was discussing something when she came out of left field with "you stupid or what?" I didnt miss a beat and replied sweetly "well, I am with you dear". and walked off. That went on for about a month and a half when she finally picked up on what I was doing. Kinda figured it out when one day she said it. I replied like normal and heard her mumble "asshole" and never heard it since. Ya cant let stuff get to ya, it will drive ya nuts but nothin wrong with havin a little fun and rolling with it :giggle:

Damnation... I've been married to the same guy for almost 31 yrs now... but I only pull out the big guns ("stupid") in extreme cases... maybe 2-3 times in all those years. Though at other times, I have been known to tell him that for a smart person, he sure can act stupid sometimes. :D

And sometimes I tell my son that he's the stupidest smart person I know. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No we didn't get flooded. Thank goodness!
Stay dry!

Well thank goodness! I was worried aboutcha when I saw all those flooded roads. The NE and upper/NE midwest is getting hit hard too; Pennsylvania has already flooded big time, and it looks like more is about to hit them. They just can't win.

We had about 5 mins of rain a few mins ago, but so far it's only the extreme leading edge; I expect we'll get more, over the next 24-36 hrs.

If you look at the radar map of the whole country, you can see a breaking-apart circular formation. Makes me wonder if it's the remnants of the shit that hit W. Mexico, 'round Acapulco.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually... that circular formation seems to be from something heading down from Canada... cooler air hits warmer air, flashboombangflood. It's worrisome if that circular formation gets any more organized than it is right now, St Louis and w. IL may have a real interesting night. :facepalm:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 114008
See the big guy in the picture above? I found him dead this morning. :( My nephew came and in 99 degree heat, 80% humidity dug me a grave to bury him. That's the kind of day I've had. Bear had been eating very little for about the past month. I thought he just didn't like his food so I bought different food. He ate very little of that too. Yesterday, when I went to feed him, I noticed that he had diarrhea so today I was planning to mix him up some rice, boiled chicken and canned pumpkin to combat it. I went out this morning and he was stretched across the ramp dead. I'm going to really miss that low menacing bark of his when there are ferocious deer in the yard.
My day has sucked!!

:hug:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damnation... I've been married to the same guy for almost 31 yrs now... but I only pull out the big guns ("stupid") in extreme cases... maybe 2-3 times in all those years. Though at other times, I have been known to tell him that for a smart person, he sure can act stupid sometimes. :D

And sometimes I tell my son that he's the stupidest smart person I know. :giggle:

Andria

*chuckling*

My wife's big guns after our 18 yrs of being hitched, "You inconsiderate bastard!"

Appears she's been using it less and lesser over the past few years. Reckon I might be getting better, although remain aware I still have a condition.

*grin* I seem to be doing alright there. Wife come in last night and asked if I'd been on Facebook yesterday.

"Me," I asked then paused letting her catch up to herself and realize who she asked that silliness. Then, I inquired, "Ought I have been? Something funny on there?"

She told me it was likely going to be funny for her sister and BIL. She then held her phone over with a picture her dad posted on Facebook. He's standing beside a large pile of logs rolled down over the side of the hill next to the barn. "Dual axle truck or two trailers hitched together," she explained. Her dad had gotten both for around $150, one trailer was only half full. Bought it off the pipe-liners, who likely will soon be giving logs away as they continue building. They only asked him to pay in order to cover fuel to run them out to him, understandable indeed.

I laughed. "Nah, they'll be too sore to laugh," I told her. she went out today and over to her dad's. told her to remind him, he knows where I am. Figure I'll wind up helping him saw some, split more so.I know how her sister and BIL will be. Been half frustrated w/ our weather this week. Last week her dad offered to pay me to use the weed-eater to clear out below the fence line along the creek. Pfft, too hot or too much rain to get there so far. Then, when I do manage to get there I'll need a machete. *chuckles* Oh well, t'is just life. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or you're a housewife, who has to get up earlier on the weekends than during the week -- these people have the craziest ideas, like breakfast should be BEFORE noon. I ask you. I told them if they wanted breakfast before noon, they know where McD's is. :giggle:

Andria
I had motel breakfast at 6. Wasn't bad.
I'm ready to go home. My brain is about to explode.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh Hell, that's all we need @Atchafalaya exploding from both ends. Somebody quick get the methane containment unit. We'll borrow an idea from Robin Williams and use farts to fuel a car/truck. Somebody also get her some of @Train 's special cookies. they'll help with exploding brain.

these people have the craziest ideas, like breakfast should be BEFORE noon.

Went to bed for sleeping around 22:00 here. Got awake at around 2:30, had my breakfast of frosted shred wheat around 4:00. Had a very odd dream, not exactly strange or frightening just odd and it woke me, not been back to sleep yet. Mopped our kitchen today, might vac the living room yet as an extra bit of fun. Seems a person can no longer request a single rose delivered through any florists, was going to have one sent to my wife at her work, but. *sighs* I recall when such could be done for $10 to $15, with a small card. Ah well, capitalism kills romance I guess.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everything's a long drive in Texas. Which I've always thought must be the Aztec word for "big flat place full of empty." :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aways heard the best thing that ever came out of Texas was I-10 :giggle:

Heh. When I left basic training in San Antonio, on the way to Denver we had a short stop in Odessa. Dark, cloudy day in Feb... and it was downright post-apocalyptic looking; just barren, nothing but tumbleweeds all the way to the flat horizon. Gave me the fucking willies, used to hills and trees as I am.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Heh. When I left basic training in San Antonio, on the way to Denver we had a short stop in Odessa. Dark, cloudy day in Feb... and it was downright post-apocalyptic looking; just barren, nothing but tumbleweeds all the way to the flat horizon. Gave me the fucking willies, used to hills and trees as I am.

Andria

Wow, did not know you were a vet!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, did not know you were a vet!

Not much of one. 4 months 11 days, since the Air Force was in a hurry to get me out before they owed me benefits. :giggle: They said I was "unsuitable for military service," and truer words have never been said, because if someone gives me an order, my first instinct is to ask "Why?" (or just tell 'em to stick it where the sun don't shine -- I don't take orders well AT ALL -- requests fare a little better. ;) )

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not much of one. 4 months 11 days, since the Air Force was in a hurry to get me out before they owed me benefits. :giggle: They said I was "unsuitable for military service," and truer words have never been said, because if someone gives me an order, my first instinct is to ask "Why?" (or just tell 'em to stick it where the sun don't shine -- I don't take orders well AT ALL -- requests fare a little better. ;) )

Andria

I also suck at marching, taking orders and what have you

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I also suck at marching, taking orders and what have you

I was terrible at marching, at first, but if they'd had an award for "spastic most-improved" I'd definitely have won it. :D At first, all I heard was "Brown (my maiden name), you're about to take flight" from my arms doing all sorts of weird things. :facepalm: But by the end of basic, I had the drill DOWN COLD... except for about-face... never did quite master that one... but one of our TI's taught us to fake it well -- "with authority!" as he put it. :D

I did have the distinction of being in an Honor flight, in basic. We beat our sister flight all to HELL in every possible regard. :D But I can honestly say that I learned how to walk, in basic training. Before, I sort of "loped" or something. Speed-walking with accompanying arm-waving, courtesy of a HUGE high school and 5 mins between classes.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

I went on a bike ride with a buddy of mine back around 07. I rode my Harley Sportster and my buddy had an Harley Electraglide. We started out from a campground in Gonzales Tx our first morning on the road, rode to San Antonio, then a ways west of there to check out a motorcylce museum out in the boon docs and then down to Laredo, along the Texas Mexico border for about 125 miles to Del Rio and then up to Fort Stockton. That was some of the most dismal country I ever seen Nothing there, flat, hot and miserable. I remember it was a drought year because a lot of deer was right on the side of the rode eating what little grass they could find there. I swear we counted over 50 of them from Del Rio to Fort Stockton. Next day we was in New Mexico and I was a lot happier. We stayed on the rode for 10 or 11 days riding like that but it was a hell of a good trip.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went on a bike ride with a buddy of mine back around 07. I rode my Harley Sportster and my buddy had an Harley Electraglide. We started out from a campground in Gonzales Tx our first morning on the road, rode to San Antonio, then a ways west of there to check out a motorcylce museum out in the boon docs and then down to Laredo, along the Texas Mexico border for about 125 miles to Del Rio and then up to Fort Stockton. That was some of the most dismal country I ever seen Nothing there, flat, hot and miserable. I remember it was a drought year because a lot of deer was right on the side of the rode eating what little grass they could find there. I swear we counted over 50 of them from Del Rio to Fort Stockton. Next day we was in New Mexico and I was a lot happier. We stayed on the rode for 10 or 11 days riding like that but it was a hell of a good trip.

I'm told that I was very fortunate to be doing basic there in San Antonio in the winter, and that's probably true, since apparently the summers there are hellish. But winter is no picnic either; it's about the only time of year that San Antonio gets much rain, and windy, OMG, across that flat land, the wind NEVER stops blowing; even as anal about cleanliness as the military is, there were full-size dust bunnies daily. So winter there is kinda like winter in ATL, though a bit warner, but wet and windy is plenty cold enough!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I just cant believe it! With all this crap goin on at the border the ex just had to come here and rip my baby from my arms and puppynap his wiggling ass. :teehee: Yes its a sad day in hootersville o_O

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm home. Finally. But slept in LATE.:rolleyes: Just got done with all the housework, and cooked up a roast. (Mr Freeman and Tabitha enjoyed some of it too :) )
Austin is fun. It's really big now so the best places around the area now to live are Round Rock and Georgetown.
Sorry about the "ex" aka "gf" Choppy. I don't know why she doesn't let Rascal stay more with you.
Andria, I lived in San Antonio for about 6 years. Corpus Christi for 4. Loved both of them. I really enjoyed the fishing though in Corpus. There's nothing like fishing in the Gulf. You never know what you're gonna pull up on your line.
Anyway the conference was wonderful. I actually met the programmer that wrote Point of Sale and Track-it. I also won a book!!!!! The presenter asked a question about the script he had on the screen and I was the only one that saw the "bug" breaking the procedure. That felt great!!! 95% of the people there are about 30 years younger than me so it felt really good. :)
Took 6 hours to get home and I'm pooped. Last week was long.............drama ridden..................So, if you want to read some of it, read below. If not, I don't fucking blame anyone!!!! I wouldn't want to.
:tantrum:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm home. Finally. But slept in LATE.:rolleyes: Just got done with all the housework, and cooked up a roast. (Mr Freeman and Tabitha enjoyed some of it too :) )
Austin is fun. It's really big now so the best places around the area now to live are Round Rock and Georgetown.
Sorry about the "ex" aka "gf" Choppy. I don't know why she doesn't let Rascal stay more with you.
Andria, I lived in San Antonio for about 6 years. Corpus Christi for 4. Loved both of them. I really enjoyed the fishing though in Corpus. There's nothing like fishing in the Gulf. You never know what you're gonna pull up on your line.
Anyway the conference was wonderful. I actually met the programmer that wrote Point of Sale and Track-it. I also won a book!!!!! The presenter asked a question about the script he had on the screen and I was the only one that saw the "bug" breaking the procedure. That felt great!!! 95% of the people there are about 30 years younger than me so it felt really good. :)
Took 6 hours to get home and I'm pooped. Last week was long.............drama ridden..................So, if you want to read some of it, read below. If not, I don't fucking blame anyone!!!! I wouldn't want to.
:tantrum:

I'm ready :popcorn:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The "light wars" began again one week, and 4 days ago.
My old supervisor, the bitch from hell, LOVES to come in at 6 am (we are on summer hours) and turn all the lights one immediately with a loud flicking I'm in control and I own all of you sound.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Several people asked if the major lights (we already have other lights on!) could be turned on at 7 instead of 6................
This stupidity went on for days...................
Finally, someone at 6:15 turned them off and the whole room of 45 people yelled YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, this pissed off "Ms Control Freak" - ---> oh, did I mention she has her own office where she can control her own light?-------->
and then, the war was on.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The next day we get a message saying that all the lights in the building were being replaced.....

VU Sponsors