Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And so, the saga struts on...........
Facilities comes in. Replacing all the lights (we have no covers on the lights---- they are metal reflective mothers) with lights that could burn your eyes out. Florescent lights.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, several people couldn't work like that. We measured the candle watts, 790! Working on a computer 10 hours a day. People were going down. I mean, WORK OUTPUT went down. And then they replaced mine..............I couldn't freaking see anything. I had to leave work because I eyes were burning so bad. And yet again we were told that we couldn't have them turned down without a doctors note. Most of the people in the building took all their vacation days and left. I had none.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So the facilities guy comes in on Wednesday of last week. Asking how everything is. And not ONE person said a thing!!!!! So I got up and said: "This is ridiculous. This is NOT a dentist office! We work on computers ALL day! My eyes are burning out of my head!!! And I have to get a doctors note for normalcy? Doesn't anyone have any common sense anyone? Is everybody here dumber than a box of rocks???? "So I printed out OSHA's rules on working with computers all day and light. The dude just stood there and one of my co-workers said: "You're being too harsh. - HE doesn't have the final say-so". So I said: "Then why is he here? If he can't do anything?"

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Long story more long, the lights gave me and a few other people eye strain and I had to miss work. I have an appointment next week and I'm claiming workers comp. Woke with my eyes glued shut and my boss took pictures. So that's why I haven't written much. I haven't been able to see. :sad:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG And the worst part.........is one of my coworkers just had surgery for skin cancer and he is wearing special lenses. And can't work!!!! Because of the light! Un-fucking believable

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Long story more long, the lights gave me and a few other people eye strain and I had to miss work. I have an appointment next week and I'm claiming workers comp. Woke with my eyes glued shut and my boss took pictures. So that's why I haven't written much. I haven't been able to see. :sad:

I can see that is :bs:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I purchased some filters so I'm going to work tomorrow. The Big bosses should be back in town and hopefully then won't be taken down.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can see that is :bs:
It's a sad day when the place you work damages your eyes!
Ok, I need to get ready for tomorrow. I really wish I could talk on this forum so you could here my screeching voice when I told them they were SO wrong! And I stood up and said: "Come on people!!! As soon as the Director came in you got quiet! Well, he's here now!!!!~!" And then even the shy Korean Kathy stood up

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, did I mention that I couldn't see well? So I drove to a co-worker's house and rode to the conference and back. When we get to her house, my car is covered in ants! So I drove back 80mph last night with the windows open. I plucked a few out of my hair this morning. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh, did I mention that I couldn't see well? So I drove to a co-worker's house and rode to the conference and back. When we get to her house, my car is covered in ants! So I drove back 80mph last night with the windows open. I plucked a few out of my hair this morning. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sometimes dear, there just is no love

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Easy to see why the poor bitch of a woman is afraid to be in the dark around your workmates.
Yeah............................one would think..............
OMG thanks guys for letting me let loose! With that said though, I really am in a happy place. Otherwise I wouldn't be here giggling about all this crap. :bunny:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn Atchaffy, send a nasty gram to the school board and base it as on the job harassment because thats exactly what it is.

The ex called. Rascal that horny lil shit :giggle: Took him 5 minutes before he is going to town on the ex's female pit lol he probably will be coming home tomorrow :teehee: I cant complain really. He spent two weeks with me, then went to his mommys house for two nights before she called me to go get that horny lil boy :giggle: then he spent 6 more nights here. He will spend tonight at her house and then probably be back here tomorrow and then next weekend she will try it again. :(

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's official, we've adopted the cat from hell:

SlinkyDingbat.jpg

Nevermind that "Annabel" shit, this is Slinky Dingbat. Slinky because holding her is a LOT like holding a slinky, and dingbat because... well, you can figger it out. :D Tuxie still wants nothing to do with the new kitty situation. *sigh*

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 114285

Nevermind that "Annabel" shit, this is Slinky Dingbat. Slinky because holding her is a LOT like holding a slinky, and dingbat because... well, you can figger it out. :D Tuxie still wants nothing to do with the new kitty situation. *sigh*

Andria
Oh man.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 114285

Andria
Cats may never make up.
Just being cats.
Toleration will likely get better though.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 114285

Andria
OMG! lmao!!!! I just looked at this on a computer and saw her eyes for the first time! Yikamundoes! She's Thermonuclear!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cats may never make up.
Just being cats.

We're going to add another one of those scent diffusers. We;re also going to get a "baby gate" which has a gate within it, to make entry/exit easier, and cover each section with chicken wire, which my husband has a ton of, to get Tuxie more used to the sight of Annabel without being close enough to injure her, or get injured -- Tuxie is still 2-3 times her size, probably 5 times her weight, and 10 times her fraidy-cat factor, still doing the hissing and skulking away at any sight of Annabel; Annabel just wants to play, but hasn't yet learned to kept her claws sheathed until they're actually "needed"... and we don't want either cat getting injured, but we're all damn tired of keeping Annabel sequestered and listening to the constant "meow... meowwwww.... MEEEEOOOWWWWW". :facepalm: So the gate seems like a good way to cautiously get Tuxie more accustomed.

Annabel had been doing better, no vomiting for a week, but then my idiot offspring introduced a new flavor of kitten food, containing duck of all the damn weird things; she vomited it up almost immediately, and again later just to make sure we got the point. Which is another good reason to keep her sequestered, but it's growing tiresome too.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cats may never make up.
Just being cats.
True but not necessarily. We just kind of threw Luna in with the adult cats from day one with supervision of course. All of the adult cats have accepted him to the point of running to him if he meows more than once indicating he's in trouble. Shadow, the male tuxedo will hold Luna down and groom him if Shadow doesn't think Luna did a good enough job. The Siamese diva kitty will hiss at Luna if he won't leave her alone and has actually swatted him when he's had enough. Claws unsheathed though. I've been pretty pleased at the progress. We still have to keep Luna away from Nala the dog. Nala treats him like a live chew toy. Lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True but not necessarily. We just kind of threw Luna in with the adult cats from day one with supervision of course. All of the adult cats have accepted him to the point of running to him if he meows more than once indicating he's in trouble. Shadow, the male tuxedo will hold Luna down and groom him if Shadow doesn't think Luna did a good enough job. The Siamese diva kitty will hiss at Luna if he won't leave her alone and has actually swatted him when he's had enough. Claws unsheathed though. I've been pretty pleased at the progress. We still have to keep Luna away from Nala the dog. Nala treats him like a live chew toy. Lol
Yep no one rule for cats.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check around in many areas they have so outfits that offer cheap spaying and neutering services.
There's a place in VA that neuters for $55. However, the place really isn't clean so I'm not sure I'd trust taking Luna there for anything other than vaccines. I have friends that swear by them though. I still have a few months. No vet around here will spay or neuter until the animal is at least 6 months old.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I warned you before about letting that dog chase pussy (cats) :soapbox:

So how much will puppy support cost?

So far he hasnt hooked up. Wasnt for a lack of trying :giggle: Kinda hard to concentrate on your business when your mommy is screaming at you to get off :giggle: She said she is bringing him home today.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We're going to add another one of those scent diffusers. We;re also going to get a "baby gate" which has a gate within it, to make entry/exit easier, and cover each section with chicken wire, which my husband has a ton of, to get Tuxie more used to the sight of Annabel without being close enough to injure her, or get injured -- Tuxie is still 2-3 times her size, probably 5 times her weight, and 10 times her fraidy-cat factor, still doing the hissing and skulking away at any sight of Annabel; Annabel just wants to play, but hasn't yet learned to kept her claws sheathed until they're actually "needed"... and we don't want either cat getting injured, but we're all damn tired of keeping Annabel sequestered and listening to the constant "meow... meowwwww.... MEEEEOOOWWWWW". :facepalm: So the gate seems like a good way to cautiously get Tuxie more accustomed.

Annabel had been doing better, no vomiting for a week, but then my idiot offspring introduced a new flavor of kitten food, containing duck of all the damn weird things; she vomited it up almost immediately, and again later just to make sure we got the point. Which is another good reason to keep her sequestered, but it's growing tiresome too.

Andria

We use to put up a baby gate on the bedroom doorway to keep the pups out of the bedroom. Cat never seemed to mind. Even with two gates on top of each other she still sailed easily over it anytime she pleased lol

Ya know, it would be far easier on everyone including the two cats if ya just let them two work it out. Anytime you have more than one animal in a house they have to determine who is alpha. Its really funny when you have a bad ass cat with dogs. My little girl was always alpha and she had no problems beating the dogs into agreeing with her LOL. But yeah, there is always a hierarchy with animals in a house and only they can determine the pecking order. Tuxie being the older cat will probably end up being Alpha and barely tolerating the young whippersnapper but there will be peace once they do.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The throwing-in was something we just couldn't risk, since Annabel was fixed the day we adopted her, and was still recovering from surgery and all those damn vaccinations, all at once. And Tuxie is such a damn weird cat, too, it seemed unnecessarily stressful to both of them, to just say "here's your new baby sister"....over a month later and Tuxie STILL hasn't accepted her presence, so I hate to think what would have happened if we'd just said "here ya go." :facepalm:

Tuxie is 7 yrs old; I looked up the 'cat age calculator', and figured out that 7 cat years makes her about 44, so she probably figures she's earned the right to be left in peace... without a kitten badgering her to play, or even just the kitten's presence. It took her well over a month to get acclimated to our son's presence last summer; I think another cat is somehow more threatening to her.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We use to put up a baby gate on the bedroom doorway to keep the pups out of the bedroom. Cat never seemed to mind. Even with two gates on top of each other she still sailed easily over it anytime she pleased lol

Ya know, it would be far easier on everyone including the two cats if ya just let them two work it out. Anytime you have more than one animal in a house they have to determine who is alpha. Its really funny when you have a bad ass cat with dogs. My little girl was always alpha and she had no problems beating the dogs into agreeing with her LOL. But yeah, there is always a hierarchy with animals in a house and only they can determine the pecking order. Tuxie being the older cat will probably end up being Alpha and barely tolerating the young whippersnapper but there will be peace once they do.

Well, Annabel is still kinda spastic in her jumping, and it looks to be about a meter tall -- Annabel can barely manage jumping up onto a bed or chair, so I don't think she'll be capable of sailing over a meter-tall gate for quite some time. Tuxie certainly won't even try, since she tries to get away (run away! hide!) everytime she sights Annabel even from across the room. But she has to walk past the spawn's room to get to my husband's room, where her box and her food are, so having the cat-proofed gate there at kidly's door will force her to get herself accustomed to the sight of Annabel. If they hiss and growl with a gate between them, they can work out the hierarchy without either of them actually being at risk of injury. Tuxie is my husband's baby girl, so he's not going to permit anything that might cause her an injury. :facepalm:

Andria

(and yeah... given how he is about a CAT... I'm really damn glad we didn't have a daughter!)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All I can say is YIKES!

weather_radar-yikes.jpg

The dark shaded part is Gwinnett county... the circle in the middle is approx where I am. When I heard the wind, I went to weather.com to see "rain, wind, hail, and tornadoes possible." :facepalm:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All I can say is YIKES!

View attachment 114348

The dark shaded part is Gwinnett county... the circle in the middle is approx where I am. When I heard the wind, I went to weather.com to see "rain, wind, hail, and tornadoes possible." :facepalm:

Andria

Get yourself battened down. Remember, if you need to do it, bathtubs save lives. At least some of the older ones do. Some of these fiberglass things ain't worth a rub o' snuff.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
West Virginian Hillbillies get taught readin', ritin', route 21. They get a nice three r edumacation, the route 21 gets 'em out of the state to find work.

My moms from West Virginia. My dad use to like to say it took him a couple years to get her to wear shoes and stop walking like she was on the side of a mountain :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get yourself battened down. Remember, if you need to do it, bathtubs save lives. At least some of the older ones do. Some of these fiberglass things ain't worth a rub o' snuff.

Both tubs in my house are fiberglass... and one of the baths has a window, so that's no good. I expect my walk-in closet is probably the safest tornado shelter, but it would be damn hard to fit 3 adults and 2 cats in there; one adult is a tight squeeze!

Strangely enough, the storm apparently either missed us or just petered out before it got here. It rained a bit, but nothing else. WHEW!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm finally watching Game of Thrones, since our son started buying the box sets. And tonight was the beginning of Cersei's come-uppance, so I'm all :bingo::bunny::bingo::banana:. :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My moms from West Virginia. My dad use to like to say it took him a couple years to get her to wear shoes and stop walking like she was on the side of a mountain :teehee:

Oh, my youngest brother gave me all kinds of ribbing over marrying someone from WV. *chuckles* He got the gang back from somewhere in TN where they were, to be at my wedding as best man. I know too, he would help us in any way if needed.

Both tubs in my house are fiberglass... and one of the baths has a window, so that's no good. I expect my walk-in closet is probably the safest tornado shelter, but it would be damn hard to fit 3 adults and 2 cats in there; one adult is a tight squeeze!
Strangely enough, the storm apparently either missed us or just petered out before it got here. It rained a bit, but nothing else. WHEW!

Well, good it was trouble missed. Been having a bit of fun with my Shrek dog. He's become one pitifully spoiled old man puppy, if it storms and thunder is involved he becomes a shadow and hides under desks. I keep blaming his mommy but unfortunately she reminded me who gave him nearly a bowl of meat the other morning. :)

I'm finally watching Game of Thrones, since our son started buying the box sets.

Not had any urge to watch that. I did enjoy the first season of Outlander though. Tried watching its second season but it kind of jumped the shark for me. Seems they way most shows run for me. Pulled Animal Farm out of our small library here. Oddly, I've not ever read it, or Catcher In The Rye & I still have a few Terry Pratchett stories to read, finishing up The Wee Free Men and half starting on Good Omen's written with Neil Gaiman.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like the Outlander books a great deal, wish she'd hurry the hell up with the next one! I even read all the Lord John novels and novella-set, and have no more of the Outlander world to read till she finally gets around to getting the next one published. But only watched a few of the episodes; I really prefer the images in my own head, to those on the screen. They didn't get Clair too far wrong, but their Jamie doesn't match what was in my head at all. Actually theirs is better looking, but his hair isn't really red, it's more like mine, dark auburn -- Jamie Fraser's hair should be RED.

I had planned on reading GoT first, but the son started coming in with the box sets and saying wanna watch with us? I watched the first 2 episodes, and it's like fucking crack, once you start, all you want is MORE!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! :giggle: The acting is just fucking amazing, and of course the writing, it's George fucking RR Martin! I'm no longer a huge fan of fantasy, but I already knew GRRM was amazing, from reading Fevre Dream 30 yrs ago. One of the spookiest vampire books I've EVER read, and that's quite a number at this point; I've been obsessed with vampires since I read Dracula when I was 10 yrs old. :giggle: And GoT's effects are also fantastic; you'd swear those dragons are really real!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really prefer the images in my own head, to those on the screen.

I find that with a lot of different books as well. Wife does also.

The acting is just fucking amazing, and of course the writing, it's George fucking RR Martin! I'm no longer a huge fan of fantasy, but I already knew GRRM was amazing, from reading Fevre Dream 30 yrs ago. One of the spookiest vampire books I've EVER read, and that's quite a number at this point; I've been obsessed with vampires since I read Dracula when I was 10 yrs old.

Ah, not sure how I missed George fucking RR Martin. *chuckles* Probably was too busy with Anne Rice, Poppy Z. Brite and a few others not coming to mind, likely from their lack of good stories. One of those times book images was better than tell lie vision or movie ones, Lestat. Tom Cruise? WTF, who got that wrong? *lol*

Think I recall seeing a double feature in about 1974 at a main street old time matinee for neighborhood kids. The features were Bela Lugosi's Dracula & Max Schreck's Nosferatu . I then read Bram Stoker’s Dracula in the first grade, roughly 1975-76 or so, then forgot it, read it again later on.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm finally watching Game of Thrones, since our son started buying the box sets. And tonight was the beginning of Cersei's come-uppance, so I'm all :bingo::bunny::bingo::banana:. :giggle:

Andria

Love Game of Thrones and it pisses me off at the same time :teehee:

I started reading the books. There was no gay scenes in it that I remembered yet hollywood decided to change that. I care less if anyone is gay or not. I really dont give a flying damn. My niece is gay and I always thought her wife is a wonderful gal and the best thing that ever happened to my niece. But damn, why the hell does Hollywood have to take an epic story like that and use it for their pro gay agenda? I always believe we all have the right to do whatever our heart desires as long as it not hurting anyone else. That does not mean I want a ring side seat to watch it.

For those who like to read, its a great series to dive into. A lot of difference between the show and the book and worth the read IMHO. The story line is epic and I have bought all seasons and am waiting on the last season being filmed now. HBO said this is the last season but they plan on 4 spin offs from GoT.

VU Sponsors