Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's just a vicious circle. You can't exercise to lose weight, but yet the weight makes the pain worse so you can't exercise.
Andria, I MADE my mother do PT. I'd get home from work and if she didn't write down all the exercises on the white board I hung up in her room, I'd blast the music and get her dancing. lol

Nobody could make my mom do anything she didn't choose to do. That's why she's dead now, nobody could make her eat REAL FOOD instead of sugar-laden garbage. Obstinate was her middle name AND her religion.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have seen enough of where stubborn leads. Been told I need to cut out a lot of added sugar. I have been trying to do that, as well as some other health mindfulness stuff. Will loose 5-15 lbs and then regain it. Kind of an acceptance point, I'm just going be 300 lbs. Yes, I'm aware a defeatist attitude get me nowhere. Seems I'm going nowhere anyway. *chuckles* Excuse me, off to get coffee and start the day here. Life will be life.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have seen enough of where stubborn leads. Been told I need to cut out a lot of added sugar. I have been trying to do that, as well as some other health mindfulness stuff. Will loose 5-15 lbs and then regain it. Kind of an acceptance point, I'm just going be 300 lbs. Yes, I'm aware a defeatist attitude get me nowhere. Seems I'm going nowhere anyway. *chuckles* Excuse me, off to get coffee and start the day here. Life will be life.

If you do it gradually, it's not too hard. I refuse to eliminate sugar entirely, I like it too much; that's precisely why I've been gradually reducing it for over 30 yrs. I used to like my sugar with a little tea or coffee added. Now it's mostly tea or coffee, with just enough sugar to knock off the bitter edge.

But yeah, my extra 6-8 lbs seems to be feeling comfortably at-home. Even if lose it as I did with the flu, it just comes back. I've been doing some portion control and a bit less cookies for about a month, and some of my pants fit more comfortably, but that seems to be the best I can hope for at the age of 57. *sigh*

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you do it gradually, it's not too hard. I refuse to eliminate sugar entirely, I like it too much; that's precisely why I've been gradually reducing it for over 30 yrs. I used to like my sugar with a little tea or coffee added. Now it's mostly tea or coffee, with just enough sugar to knock off the bitter edge.

But yeah, my extra 6-8 lbs seems to be feeling comfortably at-home. Even if lose it as I did with the flu, it just comes back. I've been doing some portion control and a bit less cookies for about a month, and some of my pants fit more comfortably, but that seems to be the best I can hope for at the age of 57. *sigh*

Andria
It IS harder to lose the older you get. Metabolism and all. I should lose about 10. But the next copd attack will take care of that. :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It IS harder to lose the older you get. Metabolism and all. I should lose about 10. But the next copd attack will take care of that. :eek:

Yeah, my metabolism has gone to shit since menopause. *sigh* I used to be able to drop 5 lbs by missing a meal. Now I have to do portion control and eat less cookies for over a month just to ease my waistband a smidge. But I went to my doc for my asthma checkup today, and he went over the bloodwork I had back in Feb, and remains impressed with my overall numbers; I'm most tickled about my 5.1 A1C, given how my mom went. My HDL is always pretty low, because I can't eat much cholesterol at all thx to the stupid gallstones. But that means my LDL and triglycerides are also low, so I'll take it.

Andria

ETA: my weight was 145 exactly, so I guess I need to stick to the portion control and going easy on the cookies. Damn it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wanna lose weight, get to the point food disgust ya and trust me, you will lose. I been having that problem since probably early June. Yesterday afternoon I was getting hungry and digging thru the cabinet for something to cook. Cheesy melt hamburger helper looked good and I have fresh ground chuck in the fridge so I got the box and put it on the kitchen counter. Couple hours later around 6 pm I went in the kitchen to start dinner, took one look at that box of hamburger helper and the thought of it disgusted me. Put it back in the pantry and Rascal and me ended up sharing a couple of those silver dollar size sausage biscuits and around midnight I had an apple. Thankfully fruit dont bother me. Leave it to me to drop around 45 lbs in a couple months without ever trying to go on a diet or even think of dieting. I never could do things the way others did :teehee: Few weeks ago I had to go find a belt. Damn pants kept wanting to fall off my ass.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wanna lose weight, get to the point food disgust ya and trust me, you will lose. I been having that problem since probably early June. Yesterday afternoon I was getting hungry and digging thru the cabinet for something to cook. Cheesy melt hamburger helper looked good and I have fresh ground chuck in the fridge so I got the box and put it on the kitchen counter. Couple hours later around 6 pm I went in the kitchen to start dinner, took one look at that box of hamburger helper and the thought of it disgusted me. Put it back in the pantry and Rascal and me ended up sharing a couple of those silver dollar size sausage biscuits and around midnight I had an apple. Thankfully fruit dont bother me. Leave it to me to drop around 45 lbs in a couple months without ever trying to go on a diet or even think of dieting. I never could do things the way others did :teehee: Few weeks ago I had to go find a belt. Damn pants kept wanting to fall off my ass.

That was the problem I had when I had the flu, just zero appetite; 2 bites and I felt a bit sick at the thought of a 3rd... and I fucking hated it, because the mate and the spawn kept FORCING ME to eat "just one more bite!" like I was a fucking 2 yr old or something. :facepalm: Being forced to eat when it grosses you out is some circle of hell or another. I should just be happy that my weird digestive issues force me to be careful what I eat, and already know better than to keep much baked type food in the house, other than double-fiber bread... and those delicious Chips Ahoys. :D There are some Poptarts and blueberry breakfast bars too, and sometimes I indulge in those; I figure if I'm gonna splurge on calories, I should get some kind of nutrition with the sugar and fat. :D

But chocolate chip cookies are just too damn easy to hunt and capture. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was the problem I had when I had the flu, just zero appetite; 2 bites and I felt a bit sick at the thought of a 3rd... and I fucking hated it, because the mate and the spawn kept FORCING ME to eat "just one more bite!" like I was a fucking 2 yr old or something. :facepalm: Being forced to eat when it grosses you out is some circle of hell or another. I should just be happy that my weird digestive issues force me to be careful what I eat, and already know better than to keep much baked type food in the house, other than double-fiber bread... and those delicious Chips Ahoys. :D There are some Poptarts and blueberry breakfast bars too, and sometimes I indulge in those; I figure if I'm gonna splurge on calories, I should get some kind of nutrition with the sugar and fat. :D

But chocolate chip cookies are just too damn easy to hunt and capture. :D

Andria

I always have tons of chewy chips ahoys here. Thats Rascal good boy treat :teehee: Yet I never really liked them myself. Occasionally some iced oatmeal cookies I like and oreo's at times but usually I seldom by any of that for me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always have tons of chewy chips ahoys here. Thats Rascal good boy treat :teehee: Yet I never really liked them myself. Occasionally some iced oatmeal cookies I like and oreo's at times but usually I seldom by any of that for me.

I can't abide chewy choc chips; my husband gets that kind, but i really dislike them. The only chewy cookies I like are those huge oatmeal raisin kind, or homemade peanut butter cookies. But I'm fond of original Chips Ahoys, because the cookie part is so good! Screw the choc chips, gimme the damn cookie! :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyway, I thought chocolate was toxic for dogs and cats?

Andria

I use to believe the same thing until I seen one of our dogs years ago get into a 3lb box of chocalates and ate half of it while we was out. She had a massive case of the squirts but was just fine. Seen that happen to my nephew too. :teehee: One easter told him repeatedly to not eat that whole big solid chocolate bunny. He ate half of it and went down the road to play with his friends. Hour os so later I seen him running up the driveway crying. Looked and the back of both legs was shit brown. Chocolate is poison to both animals and people if eating too much of it. But moderate amounts is fine.

Never ever ever give a dog grapes or raisins. That will kill them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use to believe the same thing until I seen one of our dogs years ago get into a 3lb box of chocalates and ate half of it while we was out. She had a massive case of the squirts but was just fine. Seen that happen to my nephew too. :teehee: One easter told him repeatedly to not eat that whole big solid chocolate bunny. He ate half of it and went down the road to play with his friends. Hour os so later I seen him running up the driveway crying. Looked and the back of both legs was shit brown. Chocolate is poison to both animals and people if eating too much of it. But moderate amounts is fine.

Never ever ever give a dog grapes or raisins. That will kill them.

There are several things that are quite toxic to cats -- onions particularly, and garlic slightly, and they can't taste sweet (though they CAN smell it!), so giving them anything sweet is a really bad idea, because they CAN become diabetic.

I saw my parents give our longhaired dachshund every kind of food that they ate... and she developed liver cancer at the age of 10 and had to be euthanized to save her pain... so I'm pretty strict on what I permit my husband to give our cat; we discovered when she was 2 1/2 that like many cats, she does not possess the genetic mutation that permits digestion of milk and milk products past infancy/childhood, but he does give her just a taste of ice cream sometimes -- she likes the creaminess I think, though only a lick or two, it's so cold. :D Cats with brainfreeze get the most hilarious expression on their widdle faces. :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are several things that are quite toxic to cats -- onions particularly, and garlic slightly, and they can't taste sweet (though they CAN smell it!), so giving them anything sweet is a really bad idea, because they CAN become diabetic.

I saw my parents give our longhaired dachshund every kind of food that they ate... and she developed liver cancer at the age of 10 and had to be euthanized to save her pain... so I'm pretty strict on what I permit my husband to give our cat; we discovered when she was 2 1/2 that like many cats, she does not possess the genetic mutation that permits digestion of milk and milk products past infancy/childhood, but he does give her just a taste of ice cream sometimes -- she likes the creaminess I think, though only a lick or two, it's so cold. :D Cats with brainfreeze get the most hilarious expression on their widdle faces. :giggle:

Andria

My girl tigger was well fed with people food. She always ate can food. Had a bowl of dry that she seldomed touched and when we ate, she believed it was her right to have some or turn her nose up at it. More than a couple times I would be sitting at the bar stool at the kitchen counter eating and feel a paw with claws grabbing my arm with the fork. She would be on the couch behind me highly perturbed that I haven't handed my plate to her yet. :teehee: I lost her this winter after 24 great years with her. She spent most of her life eating people food and living in a smokers house. Didnt hurt her longevity at all.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My girl tigger was well fed with people food. She always ate can food. Had a bowl of dry that she seldomed touched and when we ate, she believed it was her right to have some or turn her nose up at it. More than a couple times I would be sitting at the bar stool at the kitchen counter eating and feel a paw with claws grabbing my arm with the fork. She would be on the couch behind me highly perturbed that I haven't handed my plate to her yet. :teehee: I lost her this winter after 24 great years with her. She spent most of her life eating people food and living in a smokers house. Didnt hurt her longevity at all.

Yeah, he'll give her a bit of his chicken or fish or even steak when we grill out, but only the part in the center of the meat, so it doesn't have any seasoning. But meat, chicken, or fish is the only thing a cat should really eat, they're carnivores! Oh, she also LERVES it when I roast turkey breast at Thanksgiving, damn does that cat love some turkey! He gives her those lil licks of his ice cream, but then she loses interest, probably because of the coldness. She also loves to lick the salt off his hands when he's been eating chips. She gets small amounts of 2 diff kinds of wet food daily, and always has a bowlful of 'nibbles" (dry food) to graze on thru the day; he recently started decreasing her portions of the wet food, and we got her some lower calorie/fiber type dry food, both for her increasing weight and to help with hairballs; it's from Iams, and she seems to really like it! She also does seem to be slightly less porky, so that's a good thing. She's 7 now, so we can't be letting her get too fat, she's too dignified to get as much exercise as she used to -- she'd rather watch birds thru the window than chase them, at this point. :giggle:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it depends on the dog what they can and can't eat. I don't know anything about cats though. As for cookies........... Famous Amos! And milk. mmmmmmmmmm

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Also looked at a documentary movie aptly entitled That Sugar Movie. This fellow had stopped full on eating any extra sugar. Sure he still got natural sugars from fruits, veggies but anything extra was out of his diet. At any given he then decided just as a matter of learning, to eat a high sugar diet for a year. In the course of his learning he got told from several independent sources, "sugar is a thousand fold more addictive than the most pure c*caine."

Which is scary in a way to consider. Sugar is also found to be a larger than expected vector in causing depression, anxiety. Why then is it left on the open market and not regulated? Why then does everything seem to get doused in high fructose corn syrup? I mean yes I can understand the basic principle behind such a machination, "oh, give us our money", but damn you'd think someone had balls enough to realize and confront the dangers. Gee, don't we got an FDA & CDC?

Oh wait that's right, they don't work for Joe Taxpayer. What the f**k was I thinking there for a moment? Nah, don't tell me. It'll hurt my brain and I sense Big Brother is sending me a condensed wave from a two minutes of hate. I better wander over by the cacti named Dave a bit, he seems keen to offer gentler anal sex than Big Brother.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"sugar is a thousand fold more addictive than the most pure c*caine."
That explains my love for sweets!!!! I'm telling my coworkers. They always tease me cause I can eat 4 chocolate covered doughnuts faster than they can eat one. And, I had 15 pieces of fudge one day.
:bunny:
Andria I can only wish to be 145. I'm 160. 5 7 1/2

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn pants kept wanting to fall off my ass.

*best Brooklyn Jewish accent" "Oh, you have an ass? Lucky you."

I seriously have what I call a no ass, ass. There's no hump back there to my butt. It's just this flat area with a hole. Weight I gain seems just fine lugging itself up front instead and make look preggers. Figure if I cut out half my intestines I'd be better off. But then you got all that mess I'd need to mop up, and if the wife saw it well, more mess.

Actually, I have a fair idy of what I need to do in order to get my weight off. "Drop, and cycle!" I need more PT for sure. I need the discipline to PT though and me and discipline any more don't fare well together. Something about being a peaceful anarchist does that. *grin*

I chuckle at advertising surveys. I don't fit into any bracket for them, wind up with "Sorry, we got no survey for you." Proof that have a no ass, ass keeps you out of trouble. Ha! :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That explains my love for sweets!!!! I'm telling my coworkers. They always tease me cause I can eat 4 chocolate covered doughnuts faster than they can eat one. And, I had 15 pieces of fudge one day.

Yep, you like me are an addict. I used to be able to scarf down Reese cups faster than a speeding bullet, leap through doughnut holes higher than a hurdle, stop cakes with a hearty gulp. I was Silly Man but don't tell my alter ego of Derk Knit, his glasses would steam up and fog over. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
*best Brooklyn Jewish accent" "Oh, you have an ass? Lucky you."

I seriously have what I call a no ass, ass. There's no hump back there to my butt. It's just this flat area with a hole. Weight I gain seems just fine lugging itself up front instead and make look preggers. Figure if I cut out half my intestines I'd be better off. But then you got all that mess I'd need to mop up, and if the wife saw it well, more mess.

Actually, I have a fair idy of what I need to do in order to get my weight off. "Drop, and cycle!" I need more PT for sure. I need the discipline to PT though and me and discipline any more don't fare well together. Something about being a peaceful anarchist does that. *grin*

I chuckle at advertising surveys. I don't fit into any bracket for them, wind up with "Sorry, we got no survey for you." Proof that have a no ass, ass keeps you out of trouble. Ha! :)
ROTF!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yep, you like me are an addict. I used to be able to scarf down Reese cups faster than a speeding bullet, leap through doughnut holes higher than a hurdle, stop cakes with a hearty gulp. I was Silly Man but don't tell my alter ego of Derk Knit, his glasses would steam up and fog over. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG you are cracking me up this morning. leap through doughnut holes higher than a hurdle

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alright, bit of serious scribbling here. Did a short or classic version of a pantuom poem this morn. It's only eight lines. You can read or not. Just me trying to get back into the swing, get to 'producing' some writing on paper/screen/electrons ... something 'tangible' at least. Time a priss ass artist stop being bound up and not writing.

Murder of Reason

The night came in clear.
Day had been only a blur.
A killer crept in their fear.
Hands work deft and ever sure.

Sinew tattered and shredded away.
Blood to wash gone all our sin.
It is an idea a killer does slay.
Quiet stillness now in the din.

Benjamin K. Badgley
Fri Aug 03 07:43:41 EDT 2018

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok guys. I've decided to get a rottweiler puppy. Found some about an hour from me and the lady has been breeding them for 30 years. They are health certified and guaranteed not to have hip dysplasia. Mr Freeman just won't make it much longer and Tabitha is already really depressed. She senses how he feels. :( I decided to purchase one instead of adopting this time. Because it will probably be the last dog I ever get.
Before my neck got really bad I broke horses to drive buggies. So, with a rottie, I can train it to pull a small cart and take my grand daughter on rides.
upload_2018-8-3_7-31-25.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a big ass.

See, I never would say something like that. My wife hates me even still, all the more so because I got 'the one correct response' to the age old "do these make my ass look fat?"

"Only if you think so, dear."

"Go, Go half a degree in psychology!" If honest, I probably could ace a degree in psychology. I know enough to realize that a lot of it is all in the heads of psychologists. Which as a patient of them makes me dangerous, I can call them out on bullshit and they know that. but, ... *ahem* that's also why I'm probably so messed up. Knew that stuff since about 12yrs old, had to as a point of surviving.

Bah, ... :coffee2::cloud::cloud::cloud::bingo::wave::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:Run 'er slow everybody, need to go piddle. Got myself worked out of housework, yet again. Even boraxed our carpeted floors to kill fleas for Shrek who seems allergic to even a bite.

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Alright, bit of serious scribbling here. Did a short or classic version of a pantuom poem this morn. It's only eight lines. You can read or not. Just me trying to get back into the swing, get to 'producing' some writing on paper/screen/electrons ... something 'tangible' at least. Time a priss ass artist stop being bound up and not writing.

Murder of Reason

The night came in clear.
Day had been only a blur.
A killer crept in their fear.
Hands work deft and ever sure.

Sinew tattered and shredded away.
Blood to wash gone all our sin.
It is an idea a killer does slay.
Quiet stillness now in the din.

Benjamin K. Badgley
Fri Aug 03 07:43:41 EDT 2018
I like scary stuff.
Well I'd better get back to work. Have a super duper day all my lovely Fugees!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, I never would say something like that. My wife hates me even still, all the more so because I got 'the one correct response' to the age old "do these make my ass look fat?"

Naah that response will get you into trouble as well.
It IS a no win situation for men.
Did Captain Kirk ever face that no win scenario?
Only reason he survived in some reality or the other.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Meh. I don't mind people saying it like it is. When I was young I guess I cared more about my appearance. Now that I'm older, I just wanna be healthy.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

When I was a younger man and actually kinda cared, I would run from that question and lie thru my teeth when cornered.

Today, screw it. If you dont want my opinion then dont ask it. o_O

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I think I'm about 5'6" now, so it's not really that big a difference. My grandmother suffered osteoporosis really badly, and apparently I may need to guard against it, to have already lost a full inch. They say women with a) family histories of it, b) small frames, and c) smokers (or maybe former smokers?) are the ones most at risk for it.

But it was when I got to 165# that I could no longer comfortably put on my socks and shoes and realized I HAD to do something about it. When you can't lift your foot to the edge of the bed or chair to put on socks and shoes because your damn belly is so big, that's a problem. :giggle: I can't tolerate it when there's just too much of me, it's not comfortable at all, and I really don't get how people can stand it when they get more than 50 lbs overweight. Just 25 extra lbs put much too big a strain on my hips, knees, and feet.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also looked at a documentary movie aptly entitled That Sugar Movie. This fellow had stopped full on eating any extra sugar. Sure he still got natural sugars from fruits, veggies but anything extra was out of his diet. At any given he then decided just as a matter of learning, to eat a high sugar diet for a year. In the course of his learning he got told from several independent sources, "sugar is a thousand fold more addictive than the most pure c*caine."

Which is scary in a way to consider. Sugar is also found to be a larger than expected vector in causing depression, anxiety. Why then is it left on the open market and not regulated? Why then does everything seem to get doused in high fructose corn syrup? I mean yes I can understand the basic principle behind such a machination, "oh, give us our money", but damn you'd think someone had balls enough to realize and confront the dangers. Gee, don't we got an FDA & CDC?

Oh wait that's right, they don't work for Joe Taxpayer. What the f**k was I thinking there for a moment? Nah, don't tell me. It'll hurt my brain and I sense Big Brother is sending me a condensed wave from a two minutes of hate. I better wander over by the cacti named Dave a bit, he seems keen to offer gentler anal sex than Big Brother.

One thing our country, which is supposed to be the land of the free, seems to have forgotten in most respects, is that people ARE free to go to hell in whatever way they choose -- drugs, drink, sex, sugar, whatever floats their boat. Our country, founded originally by conquistadores of the Inquisition on the west coast, and puritans on the east, seems dead set on negating that freedom in any way they can get away with, and the idiots in this country let them get away with it. Now we have morons in the liberal hotbed of NYC telling people how big a soft drink they're allowed to have; liberals on both coasts telling people that it's fine to smoke because it enriches the pockets of the 1% but god forbid they should save their own lives by vaping instead.

And now you want to add sugar to all the verboten substances? Shame on you. If people have so little self-control that they eat themselves to death, it's not the country's job to stop them -- they figured out that it wasn't their job to stop them drinking themselves to death, but they seem intent on playing out the identical scenario with smoking, vaping, sugar, or whatever else the head motherfucker puritans in charge decide is bad this week. To all those puritans, I offer a rousing two-fisted :finger::finger: -- I'll sweep around my own damn back porch (drinking, drugs, smoking, sugar, fats), and cordially invite them to do the same, or go fuck themselves, or whatever else they like, as long as they LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

And I will continue to use plastic straws, too, as well as plastic grocery bags -- which I recycle.

Andria

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing our country, which is supposed to be the land of the free, seems to have forgotten in most respects, is that people ARE free to go to hell in whatever way they choose -- drugs, drink, sex, sugar, whatever floats their boat. Our country, founded originally by conquistadores of the Inquisition on the west coat, and puritans on the east, seems dead set on negating that freedom in any way they can get away with, and the idiots in this country let them get away with it. Now we have morons in the liberal hotbed of NYC telling people how big a soft drink they're allowed to have; liberals on both coasts telling people that it's fine to smoke because it enriches the pockets of the 1% but god forbid they should save their own lives by vaping instead.

And now you want to add sugar to all the verboten substances? Shame on you. If people have so little self-control that they eat themselves to death, it's not the country's job to stop them -- they figured out that it wasn't their job to stop them drinking themselves to death, but they seem intent on playing out the identical scenario with smoking, vaping, sugar, or whatever else the head motherfucker puritans in charge decide is bad this week. To all those puritans, I offer a rousing two-fisted :finger::finger: -- I'll sweep around my own damn back porch (drinking, drugs, smoking, sugar, fats), and cordially invite them to do the same, or go fuck themselves, or whatever else they like, as long as they LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

And I will continue to use plastic straws, too, as well as plastic grocery bags -- which I recycle.

Andria
SAY IT SISTA!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, I know it's no win. *chuckles* She fusses that I'm being an asshole when I reply that way. Then, it's silence for at least three days. The only sounds are from me tip toeing on egg shells.

I thank all that is good that she stays on a birth control medication. That medication helps her avoid becoming psychotic, removing the monthly curse. She is one that does not well with that process. But once in a while she has to allow herself to cycle through, go off the medication and have her "vacation". At least the psychosis is avoided for the most part.

If not for that medication, not sure I'd be alive quite literally. She got to the point of "you're breathing you f**king piece of sh**, go die right now you bastid, need help?" And i had done nothing at all save existing and she could admit as much. We both get aggravated with the 'docs' which will refuse her getting a hysterectomy. "no, no, you might yet want children, ...' they chide.

Um, hello? Here's me unable to sire children save for a nasty invasive process. Here's her wanting to categorically throttle, maim, kill any little children which get near her. She'll want children? Yep, sure she will.

And on to, ... Kirk never wore a red shirt during a landing party, he couldn't be made to do so as Cap'n. The only one to wear a red shirt and live a landing party excursion was Scottie. He had to live though as he oversaw the use of the dilithium crystals (I suspect crack). Red shirts on landing parties otherwise were instantly known as "this week's victim". They had pissed Kirk off, ergo "join us in the landing party."

One thing our country, which is supposed to be the land of the free, seems to have forgotten in most respects, is that people ARE free to go to hell in whatever way they choose -- drugs, drink, sex, sugar, whatever floats their boat. ,...

..., To all those puritans, I offer a rousing two-fisted :finger::finger: -- I'll sweep around my own damn back porch (drinking, drugs, smoking, sugar, fats), and cordially invite them to do the same, or go fuck themselves, or whatever else they like, as long as they LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

*best Stone Cold Steve Austin voice* "Hell Yeah!" I concur with you based upon the egg argument.

Week 0: "Eggs will kill us all, think of the childrens!"
Week 1: "Eggs are fine and nutritiously healthy foods to eat in moderation."
Week 2: "Eggs cause liver death. Use substitute egg products which spare your kidneys."
Week 3: "There's no data or evidence to support negative arguments regarding consuming eggs."

And on, and on, ...

Being raised on a farm somewhat, gee do I eat eggs? Fried in bacon grease even? Nah, no dirt farmer would ever eat fresh chicken eggs, flappy jacks, grits, bacon, grapefruit and cup o' Joe for breakfast. Dirt farmer more likely to eat possum side, sausage gravy, biscuits, fish roe for breakfast. Of course I ate and still eat eggs. Usually like three scrambled and just go for scrambled, or an omelet (which imho as a cook always uses three eggs and fuck all ye saying only two). And to answer that humping question, I'll eat what a cook fixes, square off funny looking at what "chef" might fix. Chefs don't cook.

Today, screw it. If you dont want my opinion then dont ask it. o_O

Ye, I agree. But we got to be careful. I got fired because I told it like it was. Damn supervisor asking "how do you feel?" The shift had been pure Hell, and there was a double run going on for my part of the crew. "Feel rough enough if someone looked at me funny I feel I might kill 'em!"

"Oh no! We don't say that!"

Ended up being an infraction of 'work place violence', as a 'threat of danger to others'. *sighs*

"Well, you asked ... don't ask if you don't want to know, or already know but are baiting"

But you think I could call out a supervisor as baiting? Fuck no. And I know you, you know what I'm saying and have seen it done more than not too. Somebody was looking for an excuse. I got on too damn good with everyone. I just got stressed over shitty runs, carried a pocket knife which I used in a pinch to cut chicken if their damn Hasbro knife dulled. You don't have time on a line running 'super' to go get a knife sharpened. "Heck, got a knife here twice as sharp as they'd ever see, and go get it."

The knife was "oh my Gawd! He's scary!" *smh* Got measured to ensure it was even 'legal'. I would have hated telling them I had a 7 and 3/4 inch knife registered via county magistrate and was granted license to carry, use as needed. But the knife I carried to work was simply a folding pocket variety, blade well under 4 inches.

Fucking D.C. mindset. And yes we're under martial law, have been since 1600 Penn. Ave got closed to through traffic, only pedestrians watched as they pass. The People ought to be free to drive up to, by the White House. Barring that freedom, we got martial law. That was on reg books in the Navy in 1996. Yes, I looked it up. Bah, fuck all ..

"Hey hey NSA! I see something, ... I see electrons in my screen labeled NSA 'we're not here monitoring you via your computer monitor' i see terrorists and crooks using and abusing Natural Law, I see you rather serve Mammon you pharisees you! I see me waving and singing 'don't come back no more, no more, no more, Hit the road Jack!' "

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had the WEIRDEST dream last night, er, this morning... That I worked someplace so air-conditioned that I had to wear long sleeves in the summer (not really a stretch to imagine), and craved going outside for a smoke-break. :eek: Not sure if I was craving the smoking or the warmth outdoors. And that someone who worked there was sexually harassing me, and someone else was coercing me into spying on someone else there. :eek:

Truly weird. :sneaka:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had the WEIRDEST dream last night, er, this morning... That I worked someplace so air-conditioned that I had to wear long sleeves in the summer (not really a stretch to imagine), and craved going outside for a smoke-break. :eek: Not sure if I was craving the smoking or the warmth outdoors. And that someone who worked there was sexually harassing me, and someone else was coercing me into spying on someone else there. :eek:

Truly weird. :sneaka:

Andria
OMG. Twilight Zone? I had to wear a jacket on Thursday it was so cold in my building. I had to sneak out to get a vape break

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG. Twilight Zone? I had to wear a jacket on Thursday it was so cold in my building. I had to sneak out to get a vape break

Yeah no matter the season, the only HVAC setting that most public bldgs offer is FULL BLAST ASSHOLE! :facepalm: And most homes are much too heated in the winter -- the colder it is outside, the lower the furnace should be set, or it dries out your nasal mucosa too much and sets you up for viral apocalypse. :facepalm: As for grocery stores... I ALWAYS take a jacket. It's goddamned freezing in those, no matter the season.

Andria

VU Sponsors