Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's :)

I got to play hero today :p Today I rescued Rascal from his female oppressors :giggle: (his mommy and lil sis doggy Mia) and as soon as we got home the weather hit and it was nasty. Had a loud crack of thunder like right over the house that was so bad that Rascal flew into my side hard enough that it hurt :teehee: Bad weather always scared him and like usual, I had to be the hero and protect his puppy ass. :teehee:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's :)

I got to play hero today :p Today I rescued Rascal from his female oppressors :giggle: (his mommy and lil sis doggy Mia) and as soon as we got home the weather hit and it was nasty. Had a loud crack of thunder like right over the house that was so bad that Rascal flew into my side hard enough that it hurt :teehee: Bad weather always scared him and like usual, I had to be the hero and protect his puppy ass. :teehee:
We finally got rain!!!! I'm soooooooooooo happy.
Glad you rescued Rascal. hehehe

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you folks are getting the rain we've had, I feel for you. Haven't seen this much rain in death valley in ages.

More rain on the way tonight. It's rained HEAVY every night for the last three days, that is about unheard of.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We got SERIOUS rain yesterday afternoon/evening... serious thunderbooms too, scared Tuxie out of her poor widdle kitty senses. There was this one really bright flash, then almost immediately, sounded like a fucking bomb! It was about .8 mile away, but it sounded like it was on the next street over!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We got SERIOUS rain yesterday afternoon/evening... serious thunderbooms too, scared Tuxie out of her poor widdle kitty senses. There was this one really bright flash, then almost immediately, sounded like a fucking bomb! It was about .8 mile away, but it sounded like it was on the next street over!

Andria
I got caught out in a storm when I was a teenager riding my horse. Unfortunately I went under a tree. Lightning struck the tree and I ran out from underneath it and a whole huge Branch Came Crashing Down. I couldn't hear for hours.
I have no clue why my voice to text likes to capitalize some letters

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's :p

Lightning can be a killer. Seen it hit oil platforms offshore a few times. Watching blue fire dance across metal grating is something else. One afternoon offshore I watched my helicopter on approach to the helideck and maybe 500' foot from landing lightning struck the tail rotor. After he landed and shut down I seen just a hint of a burn mark on one of the tail rotor blades mount point. It was so small I probably wouldn't have noticed it or even looked for it if I didnt see the helicopter get struck by lightning. That lil mark was nothing compared to the damage it did that wasn't readily seen. Both engine chip detectors lost magnetism as did the chip detectors in the intermediate and tail rotor gear box. Every bearing on the tail rotor drive shaft was fried. As a precaution the company I worked for decided to have me replace the tail rotor, and both gearboxes. Crap that was a lot of work for a lil ol lightning strike.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Lightning can be a killer. Seen it hit oil platforms offshore a few times. Watching blue fire dance across metal grating is something else. One afternoon offshore I watched my helicopter on approach to the helideck and maybe 500' foot from landing lightning struck the tail rotor. After he landed and shut down I seen just a hint of a burn mark on one of the tail rotor blades mount point. It was so small I probably wouldn't have noticed it or even looked for it if I didnt see the helicopter get struck by lightning. That lil mark was nothing compared to the damage it did that wasn't readily seen. Both engine chip detectors lost magnetism as did the chip detectors in the intermediate and tail rotor gear box. Every bearing on the tail rotor drive shaft was fried. As a precaution the company I worked for decided to have me replace the tail rotor, and both gearboxes. Crap that was a lot of work for a lil ol lightning strike.
Dang!
One of my cousins in New Orleans house was hit by lightning and it lifted him up off the bed about two feet

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang!
One of my cousins in New Orleans house was hit by lightning and it lifted him up off the bed about two feet

My father's TV antenna -- remember those? :giggle: -- was struck, while he was watching a baseball game... it EXPLODED the TV right in front of him, one of those old-timey big ass heavy CRT kind. Makes you kinda understand all those grandmothers telling you not to sit so close. :D And once, back when "telephone" meant "hard-wired landline", I kept telling my son, don't answer it, don't answer it, when it rang during a t-storm.... Mr 12-yr-old Know It All did anyway, it was my mom, and I'm screaming at him HANG UP NOW, HANG UP NOW, so he tries to hand it to me, saying She wants to talk to you anyway... and JUST as he took it away from his head... this blue electrical flash shot all the way across the kitchen, and the ricochet knocked him back in the other direction... knocking the phone out of his hand, thankfully! And then *I* nearly knocked him across the room for answering the fucking thing when I told him not to! :facepalm: He did start paying Dumb Old Mom a bit more attention after that, so maybe it was a good thing.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My father's TV antenna -- remember those? :giggle: -- was struck, while he was watching a baseball game... it EXPLODED the TV right in front of him, one of those old-timey big ass heavy CRT kind. Makes you kinda understand all those grandmothers telling you not to sit so close. :D And once, back when "telephone" meant "hard-wired landline", I kept telling my son, don't answer it, don't answer it, when it rang during a t-storm.... Mr 12-yr-old Know It All did anyway, it was my mom, and I'm screaming at him HANG UP NOW, HANG UP NOW, so he tries to hand it to me, saying She wants to talk to you anyway... and JUST as he took it away from his head... this blue electrical flash shot all the way across the kitchen, and the ricochet knocked him back in the other direction... knocking the phone out of his hand, thankfully! And then *I* nearly knocked him across the room for answering the fucking thing when I told him not to! :facepalm: He did start paying Dumb Old Mom a bit more attention after that, so maybe it was a good thing.

Andria
Oh man!!!!!! That's some crazy shit!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh man!!!!!! That's some crazy shit!

It absolutely was. All those years my grandmother told me not to be on the phone during a t-storm, I thought she was just being a paranoid old woman. :facepalm: Now, I take that shit so seriously, I won't even be on a cell phone when there's a t-storm anywhere within 10 miles of me! I was tryng to get some tech support from AT&T when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't connect hard-wired to my router, and there was this bad t-storm going on and the idiots have me on hold. So I fucking hung up and went to comfort the cats. The dumb bitch calls me back! I answered and screamed IT'S A THUNDERSTORM, I'M NOT SITTING HERE WAITING ON Y'ALL'S SLOW ASSES WITH ALL THIS LIGHTENING GOING ON! and hung the fuck UP.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It absolutely was. All those years my grandmother told me not to be on the phone during a t-storm, I thought she was just being a paranoid old woman. :facepalm: Now, I take that shit so seriously, I won't even be on a cell phone when there's a t-storm anywhere within 10 miles of me! I was tryng to get some tech support from AT&T when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't connect hard-wired to my router, and there was this bad t-storm going on and the idiots have me on hold. So I fucking hung up and went to comfort the cats. The dumb bitch calls me back! I answered and screamed IT'S A THUNDERSTORM, I'M NOT SITTING HERE WAITING ON Y'ALL'S SLOW ASSES WITH ALL THIS LIGHTENING GOING ON! and hung the fuck UP.

Andria
Never underestimate the power of that high of electricity! I had a bunch of shows dvr'd. But somehow the thunderstorm knocked out the memory on my HDD. The odd thing is is that it shows that they are still there but when I click they aren't. So I unplugged it plugged it back in and now I'm just deleting blank crap.
Well, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and sneezing and chest congestion. I felt like I was getting sick yesterday and cried last night over poor mr. Freeman not feeling well. So I guess I just made it worse. Oh well this too shall pass.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I lived in FL I hibernated in AC in the summer and came out in the winter.

That sounds about right to me, until we get one of those winters when I really wish Alberta would keep her fucking clippers and stop sending them to the deep south! We don't want that shit down here!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am really gettin tired of this crap..... I ordered a pepperoni and smoked ham pizza from pizza hut. It arrives and is smokin hot. Grabbed two pieces and put them on my plate. Rascal and me ate the first piece and it was goooood. Took a bite of the second piece and im fricken disgusted with it.. So much for dinner :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm gonna have some Oscar Mayer wieners and Hormel chili. :) "Open-face chili-dogs" -- cut 2 wieners lengthwise and lay on a slice of whatever bread you like... spoon chili over, garnish with chopped onions. Or there's always chinese chili-dogs -- cut the wieners into bite-size pieces and mix with chili and rice, add chopped onions. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am really gettin tired of this crap..... I ordered a pepperoni and smoked ham pizza from pizza hut. It arrives and is smokin hot. Grabbed two pieces and put them on my plate. Rascal and me ate the first piece and it was goooood. Took a bite of the second piece and im fricken disgusted with it.. So much for dinner :(

It sounds like you really need to see a doc and get to the bottom of whatever is causing it. Whether it's a physical or mental problem, you do have to eat, and it helps if you enjoy doing it -- do you think most folks would bother with freakin rugrats and all their whining, if sex wasn't fun? ;)

Despite what Vogue has to say about it, there is such a thing as being too thin -- I was that way for many years, and if I got sick, I became DISTURBINGLY thin.

Andria

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I'd want to drink too if forced into five hours of church :drunk:

Today is was from somewhere in Acts.
As was the custom people were selling off their posessions and giving the money to the profits.
I think Peter Profit was mentioned?
Well one guy and wife sold their land and only gave part of it to the Profit and both were struck dead for not giving it all or lying about giving it all? Not real sure on that point.
My point was that they were struck dead over giving money to profits.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I'd want to drink too if forced into five hours of church :drunk:
Ohh not 5 hours of church but add on having lunch with someone after church, pick UP SIL's prescription, get 4 pc fish dinner for SIL... etc.

5 hours on the road or doing something like listening to preacher or their kind of pop-rock Christian music...
... I just know all the old church songs.
They have drums, guitars, etc... but not a keyboard one.... Wonder why?

They do have free coffee and doughnuts though :D

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh not 5 hours of church but add on having lunch with someone after church, pick UP SIL's prescription, get 4 pc fish dinner for SIL... etc.

5 hours on the road or doing something like listening to preacher or their kind of pop-rock Christian music...
... I just know all the old church songs.
They have drums, guitars, etc... but not a keyboard one.... Wonder why?

They do have free coffee and doughnuts though :D
Mercy Me has a keyboard. Saw the moive Imagine. It was good!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
protect his puppy ass
is obviously now a great new punk rock band name. :)

It's rained HEAVY every night for the last three days, that is about unheard of..
*Jack Webb voice* "That so?" *grin*

Been seeing plenty of rain here as well. Still think we (society at large) ought to attempt finding a way to capture and transport the rain water to where most need arises. Once captured it could be processed to drinkable clean water if needed. I think "that'll show Mother Nature not to mess with us", at least until she decides upon sending oh volcanoes, earthquakes or so on. it just keeps sounding like "one of those ideas" that are like this "good" stuff. I might need to add more something into my coffee. Me having ideas, especially good ones has been a rarity of late and is illegal I'm sure. Oh well, ... c'est la vie,

Y'all run er slow and being it's now Monday, .... Go Fuck Yourself!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: For one and all, you get extras you know what to do. :) :wave: Need some :coffee: for sure.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Well around 11 or 12 last night I was absolutely starving but I dozed off watching Harry Potter and when I woke up around 4 ish this morning I wasnt hungry :) Went back to sleep until a more reasonable hour and all is good. Think later today will try the pizza again, see how it is for lunch :p

It sounds like you really need to see a doc and get to the bottom of whatever is causing it. Whether it's a physical or mental problem, you do have to eat, and it helps if you enjoy doing it -- do you think most folks would bother with freakin rugrats and all their whining, if sex wasn't fun? ;)

Despite what Vogue has to say about it, there is such a thing as being too thin -- I was that way for many years, and if I got sick, I became DISTURBINGLY thin.

Andria

From everything I read on WebMD and other reputable medical web sites, its seems its all in my head. There is nothing medical that will cause it. At first I found it funny. Watching a couple of my nieces doing the keto diet and here I am not even trying and losing weight. But now its just annoying and frustrating.

is obviously now a great new punk rock band name. :)

*Jack Webb voice* "That so?" *grin*

Been seeing plenty of rain here as well. Still think we (society at large) ought to attempt finding a way to capture and transport the rain water to where most need arises. Once captured it could be processed to drinkable clean water if needed. I think "that'll show Mother Nature not to mess with us", at least until she decides upon sending oh volcanoes, earthquakes or so on. it just keeps sounding like "one of those ideas" that are like this "good" stuff. I might need to add more something into my coffee. Me having ideas, especially good ones has been a rarity of late and is illegal I'm sure. Oh well, ... c'est la vie,

Y'all run er slow and being it's now Monday, .... Go Fuck Yourself!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: For one and all, you get extras you know what to do. :) :wave: Need some :coffee: for sure.

On the surface bro, would be a great idea but then ya gotta let reality set it. To move that amount of water even a short distance would be a logistical nightmare and finding a way to transport that water would be an impossibility that would be cost prohibitive even if it was possible. Think about it, a flooded area is usually hundreds of millions of gallons of water. Thats a lot of water to move and no one is gonna do it for free.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From everything I read on WebMD and other reputable medical web sites, its seems its all in my head. There is nothing medical that will cause it. At first I found it funny. Watching a couple of my nieces doing the keto diet and here I am not even trying and losing weight. But now its just annoying and frustrating.

Well... pretty much everything *IS* "in your head", since that's where the organ is that perceives EVERYTHING and runs EVERYTHING in your entire body... which doesn't mean there's nothing wrong, or nothing can be done to fix it. If you find food so disgusting that you can't eat, to the point that you lose weight... that's a serious problem, which needs SOMETHING done about it. If there's nothing wrong with the parts of you that actually process and digest food, then my guess would be neurochemistry... and a lot of that CAN be adjusted, with proper medication. I realize that medical science is still more or less playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey in the dark after having been spun around for 10 mins straight when it comes to fixing brain chemistry... but they're making progress all the time. Don't dismiss anything as "all in your head" (since EVERYTHING is there anyway) before you try and do something about it.

You know, when I had the godawful recuperation from appendectomy and started having those godawful cigarette cravings... that was "all in my head", even though the affected part was in my guts -- my *brain* (all in my head) which runs every part of this body knew there was something that it needed, in order to complete my recovery, and that "something" turned out to be those "minor" tobacco alkaloids, some of which are powerful anti-inflammatories. But my brain, at that point, didn't know about WTA, it knew about cigarettes, so that's the order it sent down. And smoking did ease those terrible cravings, which actually surprised me, because when I quit cold turkey back in '84, smoking didn't actually help right away, it was just better than not-smoking. So a month later I quit again, and 10 days later, the cravings came back... but I really didn't wanna keep playing yoyo with fucking coffin nails, not after I'd learned how great it was to be smoke-free, so I got some WTA, and the cravings went away just as easily as they did when I smoked.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday I ate about 3/4 of a Whopper Junior with cheese and a Jam sandwitch and glass of Nestles Quick.

Ohh and 4 beers :)

With your over-active sense of bitter, how on earth do you tolerate beer? I always loved beer, but there are quite a few things *really bitter* that I enjoy a great deal.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Todays a bit better. cooked some bacon and eggs that I shared with Rascal this morning and had a plum a lil while ago and to be honest, Im stuffed!

@AndriaD, I hear ya but am not willing to go down that road. After my medical history I view most doctors as bumbling fools plus I have seen others that mental health doctors got involved with and no way do I want that. Turns people into zombies, no thanks.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With your over-active sense of bitter, how on earth do you tolerate beer? I always loved beer, but there are quite a few things *really bitter* that I enjoy a great deal.

Andria
I found Yuengling Traditional lager.
Low hops not bitter. Plus I think I have grown a bit more bitter tolerant as I grew older. Bitter taste buds dyding off?

had to take wife back to see new great grandson again.
1/2 hour in drive thru at Chick fillet for food for the ones at hospital.
Hate Chick Fillet...
Ate at hospital cafeteria.
No Mt Dew so grabbed a water.
Sat down and noticed it was raspberry flavored? Ohh well took a drink and BLEAH!
Sucralose, why the heck do they put sucralose in water?
Threw it away and ate with no drink and found a machine with MT Dew.

anyway another 5 hour day of travelling and such with no work done at home...

Not sure if I will even try to do improvements/repairs around the place...

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found Yuengling Traditional lager.
Low hops not bitter. Plus I think I have grown a bit more bitter tolerant as I grew older. Bitter taste buds dyding off?

had to take wife back to see new great grandson again.
1/2 hour in drive thru at Chick fillet for food for the ones at hospital.
Hate Chick Fillet...
Ate at hospital cafeteria.
No Mt Dew so grabbed a water.
Sat down and noticed it was raspberry flavored? Ohh well took a drink and BLEAH!
Sucralose, why the heck do they put sucralose in water?
Threw it away and ate with no drink and found a machine with MT Dew.

anyway another 5 hour day of travelling and such with no work done at home...

Not sure if I will even try to do improvements/repairs around the place...

Aint retirement great! :teehee:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On the surface bro, would be a great idea but then ya gotta let reality set it. To move that amount of water even a short distance would be a logistical nightmare and finding a way to transport that water would be an impossibility that would be cost prohibitive even if it was possible. Think about it, a flooded area is usually hundreds of millions of gallons of water. Thats a lot of water to move and no one is gonna do it for free.

I know and do agree with what you're saying, it is very true indeed. Odd how the huge government we have doesn't consider something like this for providing for general welfare of the people, which the whole notion of government here was began in the first place. No, we can just make more nuclear bombs. Not like we don't have enough of those in stock to destroy the world 500 times over. Must have more bombs that make people glow in the dark, great party favors they are. Apologies, merely me thinking aloud and pondering a thought, even if it does seem one that is self defeating of itself. Funny too the millionaires and billionaires like funding rallies, marches that divide folks up over petty shit, yet cannot bother with anything to benefit humanity. Bah. I digress, starting to sink in to me humanity will never mature beyond the infantile stage. I might have better luck with Silly Putty creatures &Chia Pets (tm). Hm, ... ? :)

VU Sponsors