Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm glad, Atcha, and I know it's a relief if he's somewhat out of pain. Hate to think of our little furbabies suffering in any way.

Ok y'all, I need some opinions... Is it better to get a dishwasher with mechanical or electronic controls? The one I was looking at last night is mechanical... and also has a hard-food disposer... which isn't really much of an issue for me, since I pretty much wash my dishes before putting them into the DW -- but since it's a built-in, it'll be staying, if/when we ever decide to sell and move, and I know some freaks put all kind of nasty dishes into their DWs, and I also know the stink that results when the drain pipe gets clogged from doing that, so it might actually be a selling point, having a DW with a hard food disposer.

I'm leaning toward one that's about $80 more which is electronic rather than mechanical, because the electronic one is rated at 55dBA, and the mechanical one at 63dBA... the one I have now is louder than shit, and I'm really tired of that roaring... but the quieter one doesn't have the hard-food disposer, so I'm kinda torn. The quieter one also seems to cost less to operate, uses less power, and has more different kinds of cycles, so it's more flexible. Just can't decide.

Andria
Oh I have no clue. I'll let someone else answer that one. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I fixed a dryer once kicking it. Had a big dent in it and I had to install a latch to keep it closed, but it worked for 6 more years.
Ok guys. I've got some good news to share. Mr. Freeman is FINALLY doing better. At least for now.........

Im very glad to hear Mr Freeman is doing better :)

Hope your doing better too :p

Yall know why kickin shit works? No it has nothing to do with nicotine and smoke on CRT guns which is an impossibility anyways, the CRT tube has a vacuum. Electronic contacts will build up carbon after a while. Its normal. Every time you turn something on and off there is a electrical contact made or broken and when that happens a little spark is bound to happen. These lil sparks produce carbon and after being in use a long time the carbon on the contacts build up and stop making contact. A good kick or slap been known to fix something. I have fixed many electrical things on helicopters thru the years just by taking the connector off and putting it back on.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm glad, Atcha, and I know it's a relief if he's somewhat out of pain. Hate to think of our little furbabies suffering in any way.

Ok y'all, I need some opinions... Is it better to get a dishwasher with mechanical or electronic controls? The one I was looking at last night is mechanical... and also has a hard-food disposer... which isn't really much of an issue for me, since I pretty much wash my dishes before putting them into the DW -- but since it's a built-in, it'll be staying, if/when we ever decide to sell and move, and I know some freaks put all kind of nasty dishes into their DWs, and I also know the stink that results when the drain pipe gets clogged from doing that, so it might actually be a selling point, having a DW with a hard food disposer.

I'm leaning toward one that's about $80 more which is electronic rather than mechanical, because the electronic one is rated at 55dBA, and the mechanical one at 63dBA... the one I have now is louder than shit, and I'm really tired of that roaring... but the quieter one doesn't have the hard-food disposer, so I'm kinda torn. The quieter one also seems to cost less to operate, uses less power, and has more different kinds of cycles, so it's more flexible. Just can't decide.

Andria

If it was me and was working now, I would keep using it until it broke again. Then again if my shinyittis was real bad, I would go for the mechanical one because I believe it would last longer. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it was me and was working now, I would keep using it until it broke again. Then again if my shinyittis was real bad, I would go for the mechanical one because I believe it would last longer. :)

I'm thinking the same about the mechanical one, plus mechanical shit is easier to fix if it breaks, AND it does have the hard food disposer, which definitely could be a selling point if/when we sell the house.

I had thought that maybe we could wait a bit, but my son says no; since my husband was able to liberate the thing from the cabinet, now it's not fastened in -- so when the racks are extended and loaded, it's prone to tipping -- the only thing keeping it in place is the countertop itself. So I guess my options are limited to what I can afford RIGHT NOW -- the $299 mechanical one with the hard food disposer. Guess that was a good enough way to make up my mind. :D

But we might be shopping Lowes instead of the Depot; they seem to have slightly better prices -- it's always a good idea to compare Lowes' and HD's offerings; they kinda switch off on which has the better deal on whatever you're buying. But then again, thinking back to the water heater, Lowes' installation was gonna cost a flipping fortune compared to HD, so we'll just have to look very carefully at all the details.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'm gonna go with Home Depot. HD has the cost of installation all figured in when you add the DW to your cart and then go look at the cart, and it's that very reasonable $99 plus $29.95 installation kit. Lowes makes you make separate arrangements with the contractor they have for installations, and considering they won't tell you the price of it up-front, it's probably every bit as outrageous as the installation of the water heater would have been. NO THANKS, LOWES!!!!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I'm gonna go with Home Depot. HD has the cost of installation all figured in when you add the DW to your cart and then go look at the cart, and it's that very reasonable $99 plus $29.95 installation kit. Lowes makes you make separate arrangements with the contractor they have for installations, and considering they won't tell you the price of it up-front, it's probably every bit as outrageous as the installation of the water heater would have been. NO THANKS, LOWES!!!!!!

Andria

Man, I must of really screwed up in life. Im not allowed to pay for installers or repairmen to fix anything. oh, hell no. I got chewed out for that earlier today. 3 years ago I bought my mom a new trailer. $70K for this damn thing. The front wall is gone already. Dry wall is shot and looks like one window stud will need to be replaced. I called a guy for a quote and he told me $350-500 plus materials. I didnt think that was bad and was gonna call him today. Oh hell no I hear. "we" can do that. I have the ex caulking the outside this morning around the windows and door and she raised a few kinds of hell for me to even be thinking of such a thing, because thats the way we always been. Why pay when you can do it yourself. With the way my heart and lungs are Im not sure I can do that kind of job anymore and said so. So I guess Im gonna help carry a couple sheets of drywall now and sit my ass down out of the way as it was explained to me.

Seeing your paying for installation with an adult son and what sounds like a talented handy man hubby and still going pay the installation fee makes me think I really screwed up somewhere down the line :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man, I must of really screwed up in life. Im not allowed to pay for installers or repairmen to fix anything. oh, hell no. I got chewed out for that earlier today. 3 years ago I bought my mom a new trailer. $70K for this damn thing. The front wall is gone already. Dry wall is shot and looks like one window stud will need to be replaced. I called a guy for a quote and he told me $350-500 plus materials. I didnt think that was bad and was gonna call him today. Oh hell no I hear. "we" can do that. I have the ex caulking the outside this morning around the windows and door and she raised a few kinds of hell for me to even be thinking of such a thing, because thats the way we always been. Why pay when you can do it yourself. With the way my heart and lungs are Im not sure I can do that kind of job anymore and said so. So I guess Im gonna help carry a couple sheets of drywall now and sit my ass down out of the way as it was explained to me.

Seeing your paying for installation with an adult son and what sounds like a talented handy man hubby and still going pay the installation fee makes me think I really screwed up somewhere down the line :teehee:

My husband installed the gas water heater..,. saved us over a grand. But when he pulled the DW out of the cabinet last night, and saw how the wiring is all inside this sealed box, he decided that it would probably be better to let a professional handle it. If the installation fee was outrageous, he'd probably be more inclined to tackle it himself... but at $130, he's perfectly willing to let a professional do it. He *can* do wiring, he's wired a whole house before... but he doesn't have a tool that can get into that sealed metal box where the wiring harness is. And he also doesn't want to do anything that might damage our home, and wiring, near water, is pretty important and potentially-hazardous shit.

As for our son.. please. He couldn't pick his nose without a manual. :giggle: But he's going to school to become an electrical engineer, so I reckon he'll improve, given quite a few thousands of dollars of schooling. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And we did go for the $299 one at home depot. The final price actually came out $30 less than my figures, so that's a good thing. Mostly that's because my husband has a truck, and said he'd handle the haul-away; reckon he and the spawn will disembowel the thing to remove any copper, take it to the recycling place, and then trash the carcass.

So, thursday I will have a new DW. :) A Frigidaire, to match my stove and fridge. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And we did go for the $299 one at home depot. The final price actually came out $30 less than my figures, so that's a good thing. Mostly that's because my husband has a truck, and said he'd handle the haul-away; reckon he and the spawn will disembowel the thing to remove any copper, take it to the recycling place, and then trash the carcass.

So, thursday I will have a new DW. :) A Frigidaire, to match my stove and fridge. :)

Andria

Yeah, if I can't afford the best, I usually go for the lowest price possible to get the job done

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know I did. More than once.
Chop WHO said hell no? Your mom or the ex? I would have called and had them do it anyway. And send the bill to whoever said hell no. That's bullshit!

It was the ex and nope, not gonna call anyone for I know whats gonna happen. With the ex and my mom both I wont be allowed to do a thing and will be pissed off at the world for that. Yes, heart and lugs gives me issues but I am no invalid either. Between those two thats exactly how I will be treated. So my moms wall will be done by the ex and I know she does good work. I taught her how to float drywall over 20 years ago and she is good at it. I just gotta put up with the bullshit which I already know will stress me out.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, if I can't afford the best, I usually go for the lowest price possible to get the job done

I seldom care about name brand unless its motorcycles or tools :p Back around 17 or so years ago I bought an off brand name of Roper for my fridge and glass top stove. They are still running just fine today and both been thru a flood. Cant ask more than that from a cheapy appliance :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Exactly -- had to go with what my credit card could handle. :D But I was surprised by all the positive user comments, and also that this one has the hard food disposer, when I know damn good and well that many, FAR more expensive, don't have that -- even the other I was considering, $80 more, didn't have it. As mentioned, not an issue for me, given the way I was taught how to do the dishes before I do the dishes. :D But a real plus for any future home buyer here at Divine Providence. :) (our pet name for our abode).

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to get Whirlpool or some other common US based brand because the work fine and easy to get parts for when they do not work as well.
Maytag is now owned by whirlpool but is a bit up quality wise. Not the old Maytag though.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I try to get Whirlpool or some other common US based brand because the work fine and easy to get parts for when they do not work as well.
Maytag is now owned by whirlpool but is a bit up quality wise. Not the old Maytag though.
Man you got that right, have a Maytag washing machine and dryer, damn things must be 25 yrs old, never had any problems. Not sure about the new shit tho

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We have a Sears Kenmore washer, now about 28 yrs old, still works as well as the day I got it, though it looks pretty rough. :) Got a Whirlpool dryer, now 10 yrs old, still work great, though I really need a new lint trap for it; the screen material is coming loose on the side of it, I worry about lint getting into the machine and being a fire hazard.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man you got that right, have a Maytag washing machine and dryer, damn things must be 25 yrs old, never had any problems. Not sure about the new shit tho
Still using a clothes dryer the wife got back in the early 70's.
Yep had to replace the motor a few belts and placed the drum rollers and such the last time I replaced a belt. Around $150 total for over 40 years I think it is...

A dryer is pretty much a dryer.

A Sears btw. Whirlpool I think.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still using a clothes dryer the wife got back in the early 70's.
Yep had to replace the motor a few belts and placed the drum rollers and such the last time I replaced a belt. Around $150 total for over 40 years I think it is...

A dryer is pretty much a dryer.

A Sears btw. Whirlpool I think.

I had a Sears Kenmore dryer for about 12 yrs; it was the one that died, it wouldn't heat though the drum would spin; had it repaired, and it did the same thing again, that was when I bought the Whirlpool I have now.

Said Whirlpool developed a new quirk tonight while I was doing laundry; when you open the door, it doesn't stop spinning and the light doesn't come on, so you have to flip the lil doohickey manually to make it work right. I shouldn't have said anything earlier about it still working great; kinda like cursing a no-hitter baseball game. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a Sears Kenmore dryer for about 12 yrs; it was the one that died, it wouldn't heat though the drum would spin; had it repaired, and it did the same thing again, that was when I bought the Whirlpool I have now.

Said Whirlpool developed a new quirk tonight while I was doing laundry; when you open the door, it doesn't stop spinning and the light doesn't come on, so you have to flip the lil doohickey manually to make it work right. I shouldn't have said anything earlier about it still working great; kinda like cursing a no-hitter baseball game. :D

Andria
Sounds like a bad door switch.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a bad door switch.

I dunno... the part that holds the door fastened is embedded in the door itself, and it catches just fine. But there's this other lil bit over on the right side of the door, and when you open the door, that bit is supposed to turn the light on, and the drum off. Currently it's really loose, kinda dangly. My husband said the only way he can repair it would be the take the entire front off the dryer... and since he's not a dryer repairman, I told him I'd pass, and trip that dangly bit by hand.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dunno... the part that holds the door fastened is embedded in the door itself, and it catches just fine. But there's this other lil bit over on the right side of the door, and when you open the door, that bit is supposed to turn the light on, and the drum off. Currently it's really loose, kinda dangly. My husband said the only way he can repair it would be the take the entire front off the dryer... and since he's not a dryer repairman, I told him I'd pass, and trip that dangly bit by hand.

Andria

For a standard dryer, its an easy fix. The top is held on by two tabs. Pop a screwdriver under them one at a time and gently pop them up and then you can get to the switch real easily.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We have Kenmore washer and dryer now, old fashioned kind, are about 10 years old now. The washer already has issues

This was a purchase Mr Juicy made without my input after a prolonged argument

Previously, we built the house we live in now 11 years ago, but lived on the same property in a falling down house for almost 10 years before that

I wanted to keep our old washer when we moved into the new house - here's why: We got it brand new from the dump, lol

About 20 years ago, Mr Juicy was taking stuff to the dump, and noticed what appeared to be a brand new unused washing machine in an area they used to keep so the public could take good stuff other people were dumping

He asked about it and one of the workers told him that someone dropped it off because they bought it in Anchorage, and once they installed it, it would not work. It came on but the tub didn't agitate. The manufacturer was sending a new one, but didn't want the old one back because it was too expensive to ship back from Bumfuck, Alaska. Being a quick thinker, Mr Juicy remembered that many washers are shipped with a band securing the inside the tub that needs to be broken so the tub doesn't bang around during shipping and he thought this might be the case.

It was and we got a brand new washer free

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's :p

Screwed up day already. Woke up at 5 am, said screw this and slept to 10:30 :p when the phone rings. (yeah, that was some good shit I was tokin lol) Went and cut down some shrubs around my moms house while the ex was caulking the outside and now I am sitting at home listening to a lot of thunder. Next couple days its suppose to be real bad weather wise with lots of rain. One screwed up year with weather. Usually we are done cutting grass by now because its too hot to grow but not this year, with all the damn rain it seems I cant stop cutting :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's :p

Screwed up day already. Woke up at 5 am, said screw this and slept to 10:30 :p when the phone rings. (yeah, that was some good shit I was tokin lol) Went and cut down some shrubs around my moms house while the ex was caulking the outside and now I am sitting at home listening to a lot of thunder. Next couple days its suppose to be real bad weather wise with lots of rain. One screwed up year with weather. Usually we are done cutting grass by now because its too hot to grow but not this year, with all the damn rain it seems I cant stop cutting :(

Raining here too. We took a break from TV so I could deal with laundry, and I see on the TV "lost signal".... yeah, good thing we're watching stuff from the DVR. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Raining here too. We took a break from TV so I could deal with laundry, and I see on the TV "lost signal".... yeah, good thing we're watching stuff from the DVR. :D

Andria

I got to the point that %100 of my TV watching is online. With the Roku box I have I watch Hulu live so I can see some news and Vudu, walmart movie service where I have around 170 movies online last I can remember and all seasons of Game of Thrones , and I also watch Amazon Prime which I have bought in the past some seasons of the old TV shows like Chips, Battlestar Galactica, Dukes of Hazzard and Charlies Angels, Starsky and Hutch. They had them for $10 a season so I picked up a few thru the years :p I have regular cable. It cost me a whole $2 a month for it. I called them to shut it down but they gave me this fantastic deal so why not and occasionally I have seen it where the internet was down but cable tv still working so its worth the $2 a month. I do not remembering having to turn on my cable since probably early april. On line to me is a lot better way to watch TV.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
On line to me is a lot better way to watch TV.

I agree - we don't watch that much regular tv shows like sitcoms and what have you, so its easy. We just use Roku and use it for Amazon Prime and Netflix, but are considering dropping Netflix. Oh, and I like public television so watch some PBS on it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree - we don't watch that much regular tv shows like sitcoms and what have you, so its easy. We just use Roku and use it for Amazon Prime and Netflix, but are considering dropping Netflix. Oh, and I like public television so watch some PBS on it.

A Roku was the best thing I ever bought. I have a thumb drive with over 100 movies on it and I plug that into the USB port on the side of my Roku and can play all my movies easily. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's, and GFY :)

Turned out to be a good day for me :) I get a call this morning of "Come get this damn horny dog this afternoon." :teehee: Her pit is coming into heat and Rascal is all hot to trot :giggle: So ran over there, had a nice grilled T bone also and back home we are :p In a way kinda wished he would of stayed a couple more days at his mommy's house. Last Friday when I took him over there we was going out the door and he was acting the fool on the leash and snapped it real hard while I was trying to lock the door. Lil shit sprained my arm when he did that and the arm is almost useless now. Gonna take a few more days before it starts getting well enough that I can do things with it again.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does this woman not realize that dogs can't be "horney," they are only following their instinct to breed? Geez. That's like blaming a child for acting like a child. :facepalm: If she wants male dogs to not act that way around her bitch dog, then SHE NEEDS TO GET THE DAMN DOG FIXED PRONTO!!!!!! And fixing the male dog would also probably get rid of most of that sort of behavior.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Does this woman not realize that dogs can't be "horney," they are only following their instinct to breed? Geez. That's like blaming a child for acting like a child. :facepalm: If she wants male dogs to not act that way around her bitch dog, then SHE NEEDS TO GET THE DAMN DOG FIXED PRONTO!!!!!! And fixing the male dog would also probably get rid of most of that sort of behavior.

Andria

Think I pointed that out once and @chopdoc acted like it was chopping his own balls off :teehee:

Even if the old horndog did about rip his arm off

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think I pointed that out once and @chopdoc acted like it was chopping his own balls off :teehee:

Yeah, I really don't have any sympathies for those who won't fix their pets. There are way too many unwanted dogs and cats in the world; unless you've got formal papers on your pet's pedigree and make serious bucks breeding it, THAT ANIMAL SHOULD BE FIXED.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Its a guy thing :giggle:

I been telling that girl for a while to get Mia her female pitty spayed. Even said I would pay for it for neither one of us wants to deal with puppys right now, yet like always nothing was done and now she is in heat.

When Rascal snapped my arm the other day it had nothing to do with a girl doggy. He was like always ecstatic over going for a car ride. He gets really excited and cant help himself. Part of his puppy boy charm :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its a guy thing :giggle:

I been telling that girl for a while to get Mia her female pitty spayed. Even said I would pay for it for neither one of us wants to deal with puppys right now, yet like always nothing was done and now she is in heat.

When Rascal snapped my arm the other day it had nothing to do with a girl doggy. He was like always ecstatic over going for a car ride. He gets really excited and cant help himself. Part of his puppy boy charm :D

It's called "testosterone", choppies; all males create it in their testicles, and it makes them INSANE. That's the exact problem with boys 16-25 -- testosterone poisoning, a/k/a "roid rage". It's difficult if not impossible to be a rational being with that much corticosteroid in the blood.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's called "testosterone", choppies; all males create it in their testicles, and it makes them INSANE. That's the exact problem with boys 16-25 -- testosterone poisoning, a/k/a "roid rage". It's difficult if not impossible to be a rational being with that much corticosteroid in the blood.

Andria

I knew I came by my insanity legitimately lol

But with Rascal, no. Last Friday I took him to him mommys. We had no idea her girl doggy was coming into heat. Him being all excited and crazy on the leash was out of sheer joy in going for a car ride. I was locking my front door when he hurt my arm and we had to drive 5 miles to where his mommys house is before he even got a wiff of it :p Plus he s 8. Middle age fartsky age for him lol Now if I took him to him mommys house he would go crazy after he gets out of the car and it would be testosterone fueled.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I knew I came by my insanity legitimately lol

But with Rascal, no. Last Friday I took him to him mommys. We had no idea her girl doggy was coming into heat. Him being all excited and crazy on the leash was out of sheer joy in going for a car ride. I was locking my front door when he hurt my arm and we had to drive 5 miles to where his mommys house is before he even got a wiff of it :p Plus he s 8. Middle age fartsky age for him lol Now if I took him to him mommys house he would go crazy after he gets out of the car and it would be testosterone fueled.

Every single thing males do is testosterone-fueled, until their mate gives birth -- then the testosterone level drops almost immediately, thanks to oxytocin, the bonding hormone -- men get to share in that, simply from being near their new-mother mates. This is probably why becoming a parent is as shattering an experience for a father as for the mother, hormonal mayhem all round. :) But it's for the nurturance of the young, and therefore evolutionarily necessary.

But testosterone is what makes males powerful, decisive, impulsive, urgent, risk-taking, and strong, which is why fixing your male dog, even at his age, would calm his ass down -- A LOT. It would also prevent him from impregnating any female dogs he happens to run across, and therefore would be the responsible action of a responsible pet owner.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man, all this testosterone talk. :eek: I just know that before I got my horse gelded, he was an ASS. lol. He knocked me down on the road when he was 6 mos old. Thankfully it was winter and my coat and other layers protected me.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man, all this testosterone talk. :eek: I just know that before I got my horse gelded, he was an ASS. lol. He knocked me down on the road when he was 6 mos old. Thankfully it was winter and my coat and other layers protected me.

I think horses in general are assholes :p Had an American Quarter Horse stud once and he was a flaming asshole. Him and me butted heads more than once and once he learned I wasnt putting up with his crap he was ok.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is too funny :p lil girl Mia is bleeding while in heat and dont want it all over the carpet so the only two options are stay outside or diapers lol

mia in diapers.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah we put diapers on our longhaired dachshund when she had her first heat. Apparently with dogs, it's necessary to let them have that first heat to make sure they're sexually mature before spaying them. We got surprised by Tuxie's first heat, since she was only about 8-9 mos old, I didn't think it would happen till she was around a year old. But I remembered my stepsister's cat and how oddly she behaved while in heat, so when Tuxie started acting odd, I asked the mate if he thought she might be in heat.... He's had several cats, so he thought about it for a minute, and said he thought I was right, that might be what was happening. Cats don't like being confined. Cats in heat especially dislike being confined for SIX FUCKING WEEKS. :facepalm: And cats in heat make the most ungodly yowling, howling, yodelling noises. :facepalm:

Andria

VU Sponsors