Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 123217

Who not only remember these but actually used them before :p

Of course I used them! I was a smoker, and if you can't get to a store, what else are ya gonna do???? This was actually why I switched, back in 1984, from Winston Lights to Virginia Slims -- the machine at the Denny's where I worked didn't have Winston Lights, but did have full-flavor Virginia Slims, which were the only ones with as much flavor, and nearly as bitter-tasting as the 'stones'. Later I did switch to VA Slims lights... and MUCH later (somewhere around 1995 I think) to ultra-lights.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Of course I used them! I was a smoker, and if you can't get to a store, what else are ya gonna do???? This was actually why I switched, back in 1984, from Winston Lights to Virginia Slims -- the machine at the Denny's where I worked didn't have Winston Lights, but did have full-flavor Virginia Slims, which were the only ones with as much flavor, and nearly as bitter-tasting as the 'stones'. Later I did switch to VA Slims lights... and MUCH later (somewhere around 1995 I think) to ultra-lights.

Andria

To me the funny part is where you would see these. Back in the 80's I remember seeing them in hospitals, restaurants, motels/hotels, the mall, all over the place. No one really gave a shit where ya smoked back then. Back then I was major pissed off when they started making every place non smoking. We stopped going out over it. Many people did. Yet today I am glad it happened. Eating in a place is a lot more enjoyable without someone smoking close by.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are still some restaurants in KY that allow smoking. the no smoking thing is on a county by county basis.

Except of course for govt buildings and such.
Of course the laws are not for everyone though.
When I lived in FL I learned that judges could smoke and drink alcohol in their chambers in a courthouse...
No one else can....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
To me the funny part is where you would see these. Back in the 80's I remember seeing them in hospitals, restaurants, motels/hotels, the mall, all over the place. No one really gave a shit where ya smoked back then. Back then I was major pissed off when they started making every place non smoking. We stopped going out over it. Many people did. Yet today I am glad it happened. Eating in a place is a lot more enjoyable without someone smoking close by.

Now they've done it to vaping too :sad:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 123217

Who not only remember these but actually used them before :p

I recall finding one in a barn. It had sat for years. I got told if I could clean them out I was welcome to the cigarettes. There was Lucky Strikes in the machine. Gawd! They were so stale it nearly made me puke.

Sorry I'm iin a funny suit over here. It's a me, the MyMagicMist or Morely. :)

Our ISP is allegedly sending out a tech today sometime betwixt 1 to 5 PM. I am figuring they've started a policy of throttling heavy users. Not only do we use the InterWebs, we stream via Roku. Losing Net Neutrality has given companies free reign to throttle, to be in charge of what some can and or cannot see, do on the InterWebs.

I had my password for here in KeepPass. Well that's fine and all but I had just recently changed it up. In the process of determining the technical issues were not our equipment my darling witch cleared of my version of Debian, KeepPass and all. I did a random "hey computer you pick the password". So no it wasn't anything I'd recall off hand. And then, the site here is being a PITA to send out password resets.

In other news, awaiting being called in for an interview via Kelly's Services. They got an open material handlers position open in Ravenswood, 12 hour shifts, 5 days per week. :) It's thought the position is with a major plastics manufacture. These guys make ABS and various polymer plastics and ship to China. I'll be part of the pack out crew temporarily by Kelly's but it could wind up being a hired in FT position. :)

Got to do something. For me couch tater just doesn't suit. Already been given the third degree too. "Go slow young man you're not who once was. Don't overdo yourself, slow and steady." that from the witch, the 'doc', the other doc my GP a practitioner nurse, my psycho therapist. I intend upon following their advice too. Had a beer over Halloween, my New Year's, talked with my grandma, Pap, PawPaw John, her PawPaw, Mimmy. My grandma gave me a headache. Pap said it was because he was there. Once he went on, Grandma and me could talk. She was fussing because he keeps fishing. *chuckles*

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I kind of agree, but also with Ms Juicy; the smoke nazis are so fucking virulent, you can't even vape in indoor public places. At least in GA you can still vape in vape shops and bars (you can also smoke in bars, or anywhere that you have to be 18 just to enter), though I understand a lot of the fucking libtard states have even made vaping in vape shops history. Stupid fuckers -- call themselves "liberals" and they're more oppressive than fucking Stalin!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now they've done it to vaping too :sad:

I kind of agree, but also with Ms Juicy; the smoke nazis are so fucking virulent, you can't even vape in indoor public places. At least in GA you can still vape in vape shops and bars (you can also smoke in bars, or anywhere that you have to be 18 just to enter), though I understand a lot of the fucking libtard states have even made vaping in vape shops history. Stupid fuckers -- call themselves "liberals" and they're more oppressive than fucking Stalin!

Andria

The Antz people are nutz. You will get no argument from me on that. BUT. I kinda look at it like this. As an ex smoker I dont mind the smell of smoke too bad but the smell of a smoker is kinda disgusting to me. Vaping doesnt stink in my opinion but to others it does. A lot of us wont sit at a table and blow tons of clouds but we all blow some clouds. If I dont like the smell of a smoker than really, what right do I have to ask others to put up with my lil clouds or the smell of them in a restaurant or other enclosed places. And then we always have to deal with that one asshole who wants to turn the whole damn place into a smokey bar and thinks people will worship them for this. We all have to pay the price for them asshats. So I dont bitch too much on vaping being treated like smoking. Yes it is far safer than smoking and I fully believe second hand vape poses zero health risk to others. In my opinion that doesnt excuse us vapers from doing the right thing and just waiting until we are outside or away from gatherings to vape. Hell, I did that for years with smoking.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recall finding one in a barn. It had sat for years. I got told if I could clean them out I was welcome to the cigarettes. There was Lucky Strikes in the machine. Gawd! They were so stale it nearly made me puke.

Sorry I'm iin a funny suit over here. It's a me, the MyMagicMist or Morely. :)

Our ISP is allegedly sending out a tech today sometime betwixt 1 to 5 PM. I am figuring they've started a policy of throttling heavy users. Not only do we use the InterWebs, we stream via Roku. Losing Net Neutrality has given companies free reign to throttle, to be in charge of what some can and or cannot see, do on the InterWebs.

I had my password for here in KeepPass. Well that's fine and all but I had just recently changed it up. In the process of determining the technical issues were not our equipment my darling witch cleared of my version of Debian, KeepPass and all. I did a random "hey computer you pick the password". So no it wasn't anything I'd recall off hand. And then, the site here is being a PITA to send out password resets.

In other news, awaiting being called in for an interview via Kelly's Services. They got an open material handlers position open in Ravenswood, 12 hour shifts, 5 days per week. :) It's thought the position is with a major plastics manufacture. These guys make ABS and various polymer plastics and ship to China. I'll be part of the pack out crew temporarily by Kelly's but it could wind up being a hired in FT position. :)

Got to do something. For me couch tater just doesn't suit. Already been given the third degree too. "Go slow young man you're not who once was. Don't overdo yourself, slow and steady." that from the witch, the 'doc', the other doc my GP a practitioner nurse, my psycho therapist. I intend upon following their advice too. Had a beer over Halloween, my New Year's, talked with my grandma, Pap, PawPaw John, her PawPaw, Mimmy. My grandma gave me a headache. Pap said it was because he was there. Once he went on, Grandma and me could talk. She was fussing because he keeps fishing. *chuckles*

Hope ya get the job buddy, and your account back :p

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Antz people are nutz. You will get no argument from me on that. BUT. I kinda look at it like this. As an ex smoker I dont mind the smell of smoke too bad but the smell of a smoker is kinda disgusting to me. Vaping doesnt stink in my opinion but to others it does. A lot of us wont sit at a table and blow tons of clouds but we all blow some clouds. If I dont like the smell of a smoker than really, what right do I have to ask others to put up with my lil clouds or the smell of them in a restaurant or other enclosed places. And then we always have to deal with that one asshole who wants to turn the whole damn place into a smokey bar and thinks people will worship them for this. We all have to pay the price for them asshats. So I dont bitch too much on vaping being treated like smoking. Yes it is far safer than smoking and I fully believe second hand vape poses zero health risk to others. In my opinion that doesnt excuse us vapers from doing the right thing and just waiting until we are outside or away from gatherings to vape. Hell, I did that for years with smoking.

I still think a business owners rights are being trampled by mandatory bans - the public that patronize businesses will tell the owner wether or not smoking or not smoking (and vaping either way actually) should be allowed, pure and simple

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

What I get a huge kick out of is California telling people its safer to smoke instead of vaping because they was upset over losing tobacco settlement money. Now that is pathetic!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I get a huge kick out of is California telling people its safer to smoke instead of vaping because they was upset over losing tobacco settlement money. Now that is pathetic!

Ahh but most states have already sold bonds to prespend the master tobacco settlement money and now they have to have the tobacco settlement money (which is based on sales) to pay off the bonds for the money they already spent.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still think a business owners rights are being trampled by mandatory bans - the public that patronize businesses will tell the owner wether or not smoking or not smoking (and vaping either way actually) should be allowed, pure and simple

Valid point Lucy and I agree. I dont like the bans, but I do understand them. A lot of places lost a lot of business when they made smoking in restaurants banned around here. We stopped going to bars from it because part of the fun of going out was a bunch of us would always get together at the waffle house or a truck stop restaurant and eat breakfast, drink coffee and sober up from a night of drinking. Because of the ban we could do that anymore and pretty much stopped going out at that point. I am no longer a fan of drinking so really no reason to go to bars anymore :p (have nothing against it, just getting drunk is no longer what I consider fun).

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh but most states have already sold bonds to prespend the master tobacco settlement money and now they have to have the tobacco settlement money (which is based on sales) to pay off the bonds for the money they already spent.
Yep, and California hit a major shortfall on the amount of smokers a couple years ago. They went full anti vaping then.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, and California hit a major shortfall on the amount of smokers a couple years ago. They went full anti vaping then.
CA is not the only state that put themselves in that mess.

It is a big have your cake and eat it too thing.
Want no one to smoke but sold bonds whose viability is based on smokers in their state keeping on smoking....

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Article on the prespending of the tobacco settlement money and how taxpayers in many cases will wind up paying them off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...illions-in-toxic-debt/?utm_term=.3512e6190ea9

disclaimer:

This is a non political post.

Your absolutely right Bob, all states did the same thing and this has nothng to do with politics, sold bonds because they was too greedy to wait for the money to come in yearly. But California is the only state that I am aware of who actually told people to stop vaping and go back to smoking for it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I grudgingly have to agree... first because I know about that 10% who always fuck things up for everyone else; there's just no getting away from them, they're everywhere, in every context. And also because once there was another vaper living here with me, I've occasionally had the experience of a big cloud of vapor at some really inopportune time, such as when I'm trying to eat. No, it's not as bad, not nearly as bad, as smoke, but it does tend to poke a hole in your appetite. It's made me more careful with my puny little wisps around my husband.

Back before GA got on the ANTZ train in the late 90s, I deliberately chose to sit in non-smoking areas, for 3 reasons, the first two of which being my husband and my son... and also because I really didn't want to sit in the olfactory equivalent of an ashtray when I'm trying to eat -- and I was a smoker myself; now that I'm not, I really am glad not to have to deal with that stink out in public. And yeah, I've smelt a few vapes that really weren't too pleasant, though certainly a long way from stinking like stinkweed. And I can even sympathize about not wanting to sit around in hazy air, even if it's not smoke, but vapor -- the first time I entered a really crowded vape shop, I was kinda leery about it -- I do have asthma, after all. I discovered while inside that it's really not irritating, no burning eyes or sinuses... but the visual is pretty off-putting.

But these idiots with their arm-waving fake-coughing terror, I wanna throw 'em a gas mask and remind them not to ever drive in rush hour traffic. :facepalm: And I VERY seldom eat out anymore, because I'm just not welcome there. Fine. I'll take my order to go and eat at home! Or even out in the fucking truck!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your absolutely right Bob, all states did the same thing and this has nothng to do with politics, sold bonds because they was too greedy to wait for the money to come in yearly. But California is the only state that I am aware of who actually told people to stop vaping and go back to smoking for it.

Wrong; GA has never sold tobacco bonds.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all states that sold bonds.
However does GA route the tobacco settlement money towards smoking cessation?
States typically route 2% or less of the tobacco settlement money towards smoking cessation.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
all states that sold bonds.
However does GA route the tobacco settlement money towards smoking cessation?
States typically route 2% or less of the tobacco settlement money towards smoking cessation.

Exactly right, though there are a couple allocating considerably more, but definitely not 100% as was intended.

From https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/tbcbonds-statemap I got this chart -- right-click to see it bigger, or just go to that link to see the original:

MSAfundallocation.gif

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think only 3 meet the CDC guidelines for the smoking cessation funding.
Alaska, Maybe Missouri and I forget the other one.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I grudgingly have to agree... first because I know about that 10% who always fuck things up for everyone else; there's just no getting away from them, they're everywhere, in every context. And also because once there was another vaper living here with me, I've occasionally had the experience of a big cloud of vapor at some really inopportune time, such as when I'm trying to eat. No, it's not as bad, not nearly as bad, as smoke, but it does tend to poke a hole in your appetite. It's made me more careful with my puny little wisps around my husband.

Back before GA got on the ANTZ train in the late 90s, I deliberately chose to sit in non-smoking areas, for 3 reasons, the first two of which being my husband and my son... and also because I really didn't want to sit in the olfactory equivalent of an ashtray when I'm trying to eat -- and I was a smoker myself; now that I'm not, I really am glad not to have to deal with that stink out in public. And yeah, I've smelt a few vapes that really weren't too pleasant, though certainly a long way from stinking like stinkweed. And I can even sympathize about not wanting to sit around in hazy air, even if it's not smoke, but vapor -- the first time I entered a really crowded vape shop, I was kinda leery about it -- I do have asthma, after all. I discovered while inside that it's really not irritating, no burning eyes or sinuses... but the visual is pretty off-putting.

But these idiots with their arm-waving fake-coughing terror, I wanna throw 'em a gas mask and remind them not to ever drive in rush hour traffic. :facepalm: And I VERY seldom eat out anymore, because I'm just not welcome there. Fine. I'll take my order to go and eat at home! Or even out in the fucking truck!

Andria

What really woke me up to the smell was when they made smoking sections. An IHop we use to go to after work occasionally had one of these smoking sections that was totally enclosed by glass. After going in there and smelling it once, I didnt want to go back there and preferred to eat in the no smoking area. GF use to get mad because I started to be that way anyplace we went to eat but I didnt care, it stunk in there. Even when I was still a heavy smoker, I didnt like that stink. Even now. The smell of a cig dont bother me at all but a person stench after they smoked when they walk past me stinks bad.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can even sympathize about not wanting to sit around in hazy air, even if it's not smoke, but vapor -- the first time I entered a really crowded vape shop, I was kinda leery about it

Reminds me of once being in our local Chinese restaurant before they moved into a bigger & nicer place. At the time they were grandfathered and could have a smoking & no smoking section. Me and wife had finished eating and were enjoying the remains of hot tea, I fired up.

Some older lady over in the non smoking section turned to her friend all fussy. I looked over the wall with a sign designating where I sat as a smoking area. I smiled at her and continued to enjoy my smoke, tea until we got ourselves ready to go. They were setting at least a good fifty feet away from us and we had sat under the HVAC outtake vent.

Told my wife I ought to have taken my cigarette & walked back their way to the bathroom. She laughed but then chided me a bit. "That's not nice." I then explained the rude comments she was spewing, and said those weren't nice either. I was not in the wrong in any way to have enjoyed a smoke after our dinner in that case. I am usually a pretty considerate person as regards smoking / vaping. In that case, I had the right to smoke there and I wasn't smoking there to merely agitate them.

Oh well, takes all kinds. A lot bigger fish in the pot to stew.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have actually taken to soaking my pore ol feet in epsom salts..

Likewise. Find my feet seem to draw down a lot of cortisol, which then leads to inflammation. Epsom salts pulls that out of my feet. Had a good soak last week & kind of got a pleasant surprise.

Excuse me interjecting a touch of bad news. Learned from wife that my mom had called her today. Mom mentioned needing a colonoscopy to me over a FB chat a few days ago. She didn't let on that it was anything but routine. Well, turns out she has cancer. They're going to attempt excising the cancer out of her and hopefully that will be that, over and done.

She called Christy instead of telling me herself, was a bit afraid I'd get all worried. Not anything I can do for her and I know that. Know where she's going to get help and know they have some of the best folk to handle that stuff. Borrowing from All State, "She's in good hands." All any of us can do is hope they do get it all, and as is thought it'll be done then.

If it lives it dies and dying is only part of living. That's a fact I've been aware of quite a while. I don't have any real emotional feelings over death, dying due to the fact. It merely irritates me that so much good simply goes away. I've often said, I can accept nearly anything, doesn't mean I need to like it. Well, maybe one day we'll figure out what it is to be proactive instead of reactive. Seems we keep running behind.

Reckon I need to, ...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reminds me of once being in our local Chinese restaurant before they moved into a bigger & nicer place. At the time they were grandfathered and could have a smoking & no smoking section. Me and wife had finished eating and were enjoying the remains of hot tea, I fired up.

Some older lady over in the non smoking section turned to her friend all fussy. I looked over the wall with a sign designating where I sat as a smoking area. I smiled at her and continued to enjoy my smoke, tea until we got ourselves ready to go. They were setting at least a good fifty feet away from us and we had sat under the HVAC outtake vent.

Told my wife I ought to have taken my cigarette & walked back their way to the bathroom. She laughed but then chided me a bit. "That's not nice." I then explained the rude comments she was spewing, and said those weren't nice either. I was not in the wrong in any way to have enjoyed a smoke after our dinner in that case. I am usually a pretty considerate person as regards smoking / vaping. In that case, I had the right to smoke there and I wasn't smoking there to merely agitate them.

Oh well, takes all kinds. A lot bigger fish in the pot to stew.

Sounds like one of those "gotta be there way or everyone suffers" type of people. I just love them, well I love to fuck with them lol

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Likewise. Find my feet seem to draw down a lot of cortisol, which then leads to inflammation. Epsom salts pulls that out of my feet. Had a good soak last week & kind of got a pleasant surprise.

Excuse me interjecting a touch of bad news. Learned from wife that my mom had called her today. Mom mentioned needing a colonoscopy to me over a FB chat a few days ago. She didn't let on that it was anything but routine. Well, turns out she has cancer. They're going to attempt excising the cancer out of her and hopefully that will be that, over and done.

She called Christy instead of telling me herself, was a bit afraid I'd get all worried. Not anything I can do for her and I know that. Know where she's going to get help and know they have some of the best folk to handle that stuff. Borrowing from All State, "She's in good hands." All any of us can do is hope they do get it all, and as is thought it'll be done then.

If it lives it dies and dying is only part of living. That's a fact I've been aware of quite a while. I don't have any real emotional feelings over death, dying due to the fact. It merely irritates me that so much good simply goes away. I've often said, I can accept nearly anything, doesn't mean I need to like it. Well, maybe one day we'll figure out what it is to be proactive instead of reactive. Seems we keep running behind.

Reckon I need to, ...

Sorry to hear about your mom buddy, hope everything comes out ok for yall. Had a scare like that with my mom recently. Today she found out the lump was benign so all good.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What really woke me up to the smell was when they made smoking sections. An IHop we use to go to after work occasionally had one of these smoking sections that was totally enclosed by glass. After going in there and smelling it once, I didnt want to go back there and preferred to eat in the no smoking area. GF use to get mad because I started to be that way anyplace we went to eat but I didnt care, it stunk in there. Even when I was still a heavy smoker, I didnt like that stink. Even now. The smell of a cig dont bother me at all but a person stench after they smoked when they walk past me stinks bad.

Right on the money -- my own experience was with an enclosed smoking area at a Wendy's... the olfactory equivalent of an ashtray. :blech: After that, I NEVER chose the smoking section.

As far as states devoting the MSA money to smoking cessation. Fuck that. Smoking cessation is not a matter for the state to concern itself with, but an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE, and I am goddamned sick and fucking tired of the fucking BIG NANNY trying to make everyone toe the politically correct line; they can fuck off, eat shit, and die screaming, all those fucking nannies. GA devotes 1.6% of the MSA money to smoking cessation, and as far as I'm concerned, that's 1.6% too goddamned much. But AT LEAST Georgia hasn't gone the way of all those fucking incompetent, insolvent states who have sold bonds against future funds and now want everyone to keep smoking so their asses don't wind up in a sling -- or jail, which is where they really ought to end up, with such economic malfeasance as that.

I have just fucking had it with all the goddamned corruption in this country, and I WANT ANOTHER GODDAMNED REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!! KILL 'EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT!!!!!!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Reckon I need to, ...

My thoughts are with you. Colon cancer got my dearly beloved grandfather in '85. Yeah he lived to be 85 yrs old, a good long happy life... but I was only 24 and he was my first dearly beloved to depart, and it nearly killed me. And of course I lost my own mom 2 yrs ago, so I can surely sympathize with your feelings. Yes it's part of life, but you're right, we don't have to like it, merely accept it, and try to carry on.

:hug:
Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. When did ya get the new kitty? :tiger:

Andria

We didn't, this is one from a litter dropped off at our animal shelter - I'd take that little girl kitty in a hot second, but it's going to cost big bucks to move the cats we already have, so another would be really foolish right now, no matter how adorable :(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of furry, Im on my way to get my wiggle butt and I talked to his mommy a few mins ago and she said he went nuts when she told him pappa was coming for his big butt :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We didn't, this is one from a litter dropped off at our animal shelter - I'd take that little girl kitty in a hot second, but it's going to cost big bucks to move the cats we already have, so another would be really foolish right now, no matter how adorable :(

Definitely understandable, given the long-distance move. When my ex and I moved from ATL to Detroit, we just put his 2 cats in travel cages in the backseat... and for 800 miles, they let us know how little they approved of that. :D

When we bought this house and moved here in 2011, Tuxie had only recently turned up on our carport and been adopted; we just put her in a cardboard box to transport her the 7 miles, and though the box was closed with interleaved top flaps, and she was only about 5 months old at the time, she very nearly escaped that box on the trip. The spawn had to keep bopping her paws when they'd emerge from the top. :D Then when we got her here, we had to just put her in a closed bedroom while we moved in the rest of our shit, and she was NOT amused -- she'd been feral and completely outdoor to that point, and really had no clue what to make of "indoors". After that, she went back to being outdoor/garage only, and only slowly got introduced to indoors, because everytime we'd let her in the backdoor, she'd take a lap around the living room before heading out to the garage. :giggle: She will still take a lap around the couch/loveseat anytime someone comes in, so she can sneak up and see who it is, so she knows if she needs to hide or not. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The whole litter was cute as fuck!

In addition to the girl tuxedo, there were two solid gray one, a boy and a girl, a long-hair classic gray tabby, and a white fluffy boy with ginger tabby back and face - all adorable View attachment 123308

It's weird to me, how much variation there is in cats designated "short hair" -- Tuxie is so designated, yet her fur is MUCH thicker and longer than Annabel's. She's like a plush toy, and her belly fur might as well be a Persian! And the other weirdness is how the "tabby" designation can go either way; Annabel's coat is VERY short, sleek, and seems to shed much less than Tuxie's.

And hey happy Sunday, fuggers, and don't fergit to GFY! :)

Andria

VU Sponsors