ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ha! Just because, ...

spam-wall.0.0.jpg

I am kind of reminded of a short time working for Toxic Hell. We got shown a gaylord box with a plastic bag inside containing what the GM called "Sludge 57". Having worked the back end of chicken processing, hog processing, beef, and knowing someone that worked at Valley Protein I knew what it was even if the GM did not.

The pink sludge is made from meat "trim", the stuff the line lets go on down the belt. It is what you trim off to not put out for a commercial product. Valley Protein collects it in their trucks, takes it to their facility which screens it out until it's a certain viscosity. Then, any protein needed for food stuffs has the raw protein added from the slurry. It originally comes out of their facilities as a white substance, they add coloring for clients. It is what it says on the tin, protein.

SPAM is fairly much the same product. Apologies if queasy tummies get wound up. Not my intention actually. I'm just aware of how this highly processed food is made. I like knowing what my food actually contains. It is also potted meat. I think hot dogs are even made from it. Just one of those odd facts I know from experience.

Seen that on some of these "how its done" shows. Really is disgusting. :teehee:

Never really been a fan of Spam. I couldnt choke that shit down when its cold and barely stomach it when its fried and still warm. Potted meat, vienna sausages I never liked or could eat. Just disgusting to me. For many years, decades even I didnt eat hot dogs either. When I was a kid my dad use to say they was recycled chicken assholes and dicks and havent really ate many of them since :giggle: With hotdogs, I will occasionally eat one, maybe once every two to three years. Its not that I dont like them, I could never forget what my old man said about them LOL

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ate all that stuff, but drew the line at "potted meat" -- that stuff tastes NASTY. Spam, well it tastes like ham to me, but we bought the "Spam Lite", since it was much lower in fat. (ETA: now we can afford HAM, so we don't buy any kind of spam!) I ate Vienna Sausages when I was younger and had a fully functional gallbladder, but now wouldn't dare, just too fatty for me.

But don't you be dissin my hot dogs; I love those fuckers! And no, I don't buy the "beef" kind, because beef fat has cholesterol, which I can't digest -- I buy the plain ol Oscar Mayer wieners, made with chicken and pork, because neither has cholesterol.

And I don't care how they're made, and don't want to hear about it, nor about how sausage is made -- I have a vague idea, and that's more than sufficient.

Andria

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugees :p

This week I ordered some flavors from DIY vapor supply off a link here on VU. Prices not bad including price of shipping. Of course after Bob went on and on about Caps VC V1 I totally forgot to order a bottle. :gaah:Since I dropped the cigs (again) I been vaping my ass off. 3 weeks ago I mixed up 4 4oz bottles of juice and last night I had to mix up some new. FOr me its a real pain in the ass to mix so I got some 16 oz bottles to start mixing my ADV juices in :p

Looking back I didnt do too bad this year. I doubt if I spent $200 on vaping this year. Hell of a lot cheaper than the $6/pack twice a day I was spending on cigs.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Never really been a fan of Spam. I couldnt choke that shit down when its cold and barely stomach it when its fried and still warm. Potted meat, vienna sausages I never liked or could eat. Just disgusting to me. For many years, decades even I didnt eat hot dogs either. When I was a kid my dad use to say they was recycled chicken assholes and dicks and havent really ate many of them since :giggle: With hotdogs, I will occasionally eat one, maybe once every two to three years. Its not that I dont like them, I could never forget what my old man said about them LOL

Yeah. I figure if a lot of folks knew half of it, the products would instantly stop selling full on period. Although I don't know.. I know how a lot of it is made and can still eat it.

Just an bit for thought, we rely so much on the dead for living. It isn't only food though. Plastics come from dead cells and some bit of petro/gas or oil. And it's funny how folks spend a lot to take care of the dead cells on their heads. Watch all the ladies on tell lie vision "ooooh my hair looks so fine using XX shampoo." And the shampoo probably has some kind of gas/oil mix in it, or derived from. We also fuel cars with it and run electric plants.

Sorry, I just think life reliant on so much death is ironically and disturbingly funny. Then funnier still all the folks having absolutely no clue. "Well, the paint is wet, ..." ;) :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

This week I ordered some flavors from DIY vapor supply off a link here on VU. Prices not bad including price of shipping. Of course after Bob went on and on about Caps VC V1 I totally forgot to order a bottle. :gaah:Since I dropped the cigs (again) I been vaping my ass off. 3 weeks ago I mixed up 4 4oz bottles of juice and last night I had to mix up some new. FOr me its a real pain in the ass to mix so I got some 16 oz bottles to start mixing my ADV juices in :p

Looking back I didnt do too bad this year. I doubt if I spent $200 on vaping this year. Hell of a lot cheaper than the $6/pack twice a day I was spending on cigs.

Deserving of a, ...

OH

giphy.gif

HELL YEAH!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I keep two 16 oz bottles going of my fave ADVs - when one goes empty, I mix it ASAP and move to the other - that method ensures mixing maybe once every two months and that the one that gets used is nice and steeped

Usually end up making a few others that I'm just trying or only vape once in awhile at the same time that will usually last several months

I actually HATE mixing, but hate the taste and expense of commercial juice even worse

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I keep two 16 oz bottles going of my fave ADVs - when one goes empty, I mix it ASAP and move to the other - that method ensures mixing maybe once every two months and that the one that gets used is nice and steeped

Usually end up making a few others that I'm just trying or only vape once in awhile at the same time that will usually last several months

I actually HATE mixing, but hate the taste and expense of commercial juice even worse

I do not see how people can buy their ejuice all the time and think they are saving money from smoking because honestly, its a hell of a lot more. I vape around 160ml a week. I like most people am not going to vape any ol crap because its cheap, I am going to vape something I like. Going off what I previously have bought it averages around $1ml. Thats a lot more expensive than the two cartons of smokes I use to buy every week. I really dont see how people do it. Im usually financially comfortable and thats a bit too rich for my blood.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. I figure if a lot of folks knew half of it, the products would instantly stop selling full on period. Although I don't know.. I know how a lot of it is made and can still eat it.

Just an bit for thought, we rely so much on the dead for living. It isn't only food though. Plastics come from dead cells and some bit of petro/gas or oil. And it's funny how folks spend a lot to take care of the dead cells on their heads. Watch all the ladies on tell lie vision "ooooh my hair looks so fine using XX shampoo." And the shampoo probably has some kind of gas/oil mix in it, or derived from. We also fuel cars with it and run electric plants.

Sorry, I just think life reliant on so much death is ironically and disturbingly funny. Then funnier still all the folks having absolutely no clue. "Well, the paint is wet, ..." ;) :)

It's funny to me, seeing commercials for hair products that claim to "mend split ends"... BULLSHIT... the only thing that will "mend" split ends is to CUT THEM OFF. Period. Or these ones that say they will "smooth" hair. Again, BULLSHIT. The only thing that will "smooth" hair is IRONING IT WITH A FLAT IRON. Period. I've had kinky, fuzzy, "nappy" hair my entire life, and have tried every fucking product on the market that claims to do these things... and it's ALL bullshit. Even Humectress, real expensive crap that has heavy oils and waxes.. it *helps*.. but it damn sure does not eliminate the fuzzy, nappy hair problem. Only ironing it with a flat iron does ANY good.

But not sure why it seems weird that the living depend on the dead -- that's what it's all about when you're the top of the food chain. Everything dead goes to replenish the living.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:xmaslights::wreath::xmaslights:

We're not doing any real decorating, so it's nice to be able to decorate virtually. :D

However I did set the males to cleaning up the various messes in the living room, so they're gluing the many jigsaw puzzles they've put together this year, so that the big table is available for gift wrapping. And we'll put the stockings up, because what else do you put stocking-stuffers in? :D

:hohoho:
Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:xmaslights::wreath::xmaslights:

We're not doing any real decorating, so it's nice to be able to decorate virtually. :D

However I did set the males to cleaning up the various messes in the living room, so they're gluing the many jigsaw puzzles they've put together this year, so that the big table is available for gift wrapping. And we'll put the stockings up, because what else do you put stocking-stuffers in? :D

:hohoho:
Andria

We weren't, but then realized we still had a couple of trunks of Christmas stuff to sort and dispose of, so went ahead and put a tree up to help us decide what to keep. :treedrag: Mainly all I wanted was stuff the kids made themselves when they were little, spray painted macaroni decorations and toilet paper roll Santas :mistletoe:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We weren't, but then realized we still had a couple of trunks of Christmas stuff to sort and dispose of, so went ahead and put a tree up to help us decide what to keep. :treedrag: Mainly all I wanted was stuff the kids made themselves when they were little, spray painted macaroni decorations and toilet paper roll Santas :mistletoe:

My aunt and I decided that she's hosting our little get together this year, so all I have to deal with is presents, wrapping, and making some food -- a turkey breast, sliced for sandwiches, bacon to put on those sandwiches with the turkey, and some whole wheat french bread, some swiss cheese... and potato salad, and probably also some iced tea, so I don't have to drink soda all damn day. So, no decorating here except the stockings, and a foot-high xmas "tree" actually made of little gift-wrapped boxes. :D Also means I casn do a general tidying instead of cleaning for all I'm worth. :D

A bunch of stuff I ordered this week came in today: a power bank battery for my husband, since his Samsung Galaxy S5 is near death and he's too damn stubborn to tell the boss he needs a new phone -- he has to charge it about 3-4 times a day, it's so old and worn out, so I figured a 5000mAh power bank would help. Another mesh atty for the spawn, also got some batteries for him, on the way from liionwholesale; a paperback from the series he's currently reading.... a full-page magnifier for my stepfather, and also got some house slippers on the way, for him... various smell-good stuff for my aunt, who'se just as partial to the scent of vanilla as I am, and some gourmet chocolates for her... Need to get something else for her, but not sure what.

Andria

firechick

Member For 4 Years

My dad called them lips n assholes, LMAO. We still ate them because they were cheap and we were broke.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

firechick

Member For 4 Years

Those are the best decorations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not see how people can buy their ejuice all the time and think they are saving money from smoking because honestly, its a hell of a lot more. I vape around 160ml a week. I like most people am not going to vape any ol crap because its cheap, I am going to vape something I like. Going off what I previously have bought it averages around $1ml.

Well bear with me writing it out here & doing some calculating. 4 weeks per month * 160 mL per week = 640 mL per month may as well round up a bit and say 700 mL per month. That will help keep it a bit simpler. I don't vape anywhere near that, just don't. Still, I get a 1 L jug of a base juice, it's just nicotine and pg/vg in my case max vg. That I can mix in smaller batches with flavorings.

Quick example, I squonk and use 10 mL bottles in the CV mods. I put roughly 0.02 mL of peppermint into a 9.5 mL bottle of base juice, shake-n-vape. That 1 L jug will probably last me a year, depending on how use flavors diluted down or not. It cost me around $40. If I was to get 2 cartons of cigarettes each week that would be $100 to $150 each week.

Kind of sorry I don't vape as much as what others do. But there's a lot in life I don't do as much of as others do. I could barely do 5 push-ups in boot camp, can admit it, probably still not able to do that. In my case though, I do save money because I'm getting something that lasts a year being consumed. I understand your point though. I've seen all kinds of what I think are silly prices for juice. Sorry, no I'm not paying $25 for a little 10 mL bottle of it no matter how much your hype says it's made with gold leaf. You got the wrong sucker, bub.

I usually if looking for pre-made commercial juice like to stay under $0.25 per mL cost. If it's something I do like and I have a keen for it, might go to $0.35 per mL. Beyond that and you'll have a hard time selling me the juice. I'll go DYI & get a big L jug of base, find what flavors you used online, a recipe, convert it down to a 10 mL basic unit, then if I want a bigger batch I got a 240 mL bottle, 0.1 * 24 = 2.4 mL of flavor into the 240 mL bottle. Flavorings are relatively inexpensive if you consider long run.

Yeah, I know everyone does not always have time for DIY, or wants the hassle. Well then keep the quarter per mL rule in mind and watch for coupons, sales.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The most costly I ever bought was from Sweet-vapes, which was about 50 cents per ml. I consider that quite expensive, considering that my DIY, even with the high amounts of flavoring I use, generally costs about 5-6 cents per ml. But, I don't suck down vast quantities of vapor and then spew it out to make a spectacle, so even 50 cents per ml was quite affordable, compared to cigarettes -- that was between 5.50 and 6 bucks a day, versus 2.50 per day if I vaped the "expensive" juice from sweet-vapes.

It all depends on the scale you use -- someone, I think maybe it was Rossum, said that if you compared roll-your-own tobacco to retail ejuice, then vaping is more expensive. But if you compared retail cigarettes to DIY ejuice, then vaping is MUCH cheaper than smoking; if you compared roll-your-own to DIY, or retail smokes to retail vapes, then vaping comes out to be a little less costly, mostly because of the lack of tobacco taxes.

Then you look at the hardware -- you've still got it, sometimes even YEARS after buying it.... You're not turning your money into ashes. THAT is the aspect that makes my husband cheer for vaping. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But not sure why it seems weird that the living depend on the dead -- that's what it's all about when you're the top of the food chain. Everything dead goes to replenish the living.

Well sometimes I even wonder about that, us being at the top of the food chain. Would hate to imagine rocks for example suddenly becoming crazed and eating everything in their paths. Also I think we ought to consider those merciless ninja tree assassins, killing skiers without any hint of remorse, they're shady dastards. Ah yes lest I forget what about that oddity of the giant X shark which gets ten times bigger than a blue whale. I'm sure I also have to consider black holes as well, quite a deep subject.

Really scary though? What if, ... H.P. Lovecraft's C'thulu is actual and factual real?

Even more terrifying, the phrase, what if, ... Muhahaha!!! Now I too am a terrorist! The Phrase Is Great!

And so the living does its living from the dead? Hm, no wonder we're so fucked. "You are what you eat." Maybe that's why I find it weird, a touch disturbingly funny.

I know I broach these subjects with a good bit of levity. But I also do have some bit of seriousness vested into them as well. I have to laugh, reminded of the song Suicide is Painless.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well sometimes I even wonder about that, us being at the top of the food chain. Would hate to imagine rocks for example suddenly becoming crazed and eating everything in their paths. Also I think we ought to consider those merciless ninja tree assassins, killing skiers without any hint of remorse, they're shady dastards. Ah yes lest I forget what about that oddity of the giant X shark which gets ten times bigger than a blue whale. I'm sure I also have to consider black holes as well, quite a deep subject.

Really scary though? What if, ... H.P. Lovecraft's C'thulu is actual and factual real?

Even more terrifying, the phrase, what if, ... Muhahaha!!! Now I too am a terrorist! The Phrase Is Great!

And so the living does its living from the dead? Hm, no wonder we're so fucked. "You are what you eat." Maybe that's why I find it weird, a touch disturbingly funny.

I know I broach these subjects with a good bit of levity. But I also do have some bit of seriousness vested into them as well. I have to laugh, reminded of the song Suicide is Painless.

Actually I'm not a bit surprised at your love of "what if..." -- I read somewhere that that phrase is the beginning of all fiction, to imagine "what if..." and then extrapolate it... But my own phrase gives you some idea why I find writing to be something infinitely procrastinate-able: "Narrowing the infinite."

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But my own phrase gives you some idea why I find writing to be something infinitely procrastinate-able: "Narrowing the infinite."

Oh that's evil. Why would, .. oh, you're one of those. * runs off to hide *

Those being, authoritative perfectionists, a.k.a editors. There is no greater terror than an editor set loose upon a 150,000 word novel. I have seen such novels returned as 25,000 word novellas. I think a special one word rubber stamp was used, ... verbosity.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As much as I love bacon, especially now that I am not allowed to have it :( , the thought of vaping it is kinda disgusting to me. Dont know why but it is.

Mornin fugee's

Wet cold miserable day here today in the sunny south. Thankfully I had Rascals mommy pick him up last night. Missed that big wiggle butt as soon as he went down the driveway but at least I dont have to deal with going outside with it as miserable as it is now.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
As much as I love bacon, especially now that I am not allowed to have it :( , the thought of vaping it is kinda disgusting to me. Dont know why but it is.

Mornin fugee's

Wet cold miserable day here today in the sunny south. Thankfully I had Rascals mommy pick him up last night. Missed that big wiggle butt as soon as he went down the driveway but at least I dont have to deal with going outside with it as miserable as it is now.

I have to get the kind that is made from organically raised pigs and has no added nitrites or sugar - there are a few around.

Expensive as fuck, but very, very tasty

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to get the kind that is made from organically raised pigs and has no added nitrites or sugar - there are a few around.

Expensive as fuck, but very, very tasty

Salt is my enemy and I love salt. When I was in the hospital in october my heart issue turned out to be congestive heart failure so now I gotta watch salt intake.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Salt is my enemy and I love salt. When I was in the hospital in october my heart issue turned out to be congestive heart failure so now I gotta watch salt intake.

I'm sad you have to deal with this, but am super glad you are taking it seriously and taking better care of yourself :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
At least you get detailed road conditions.

I get maybe slick spots or stay home reports.

Well they kinda gotta here - there is only one road in or out of town. We are blocked in - planes aren't flying due to high wind, avalanche blocking the highway - and thanks to the state being broke, the ferry isn't running

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well they kinda gotta here - there is only one road in or out of town. We are blocked in - planes aren't flying due to high wind, avalanche blocking the highway - and thanks to the state being broke, the ferry isn't running

Aren't most all states technically broke?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fried - being a rebel I did try raw bacon once as a kid - no thanks

The way I like it, afficionados of crispy bacon probably consider "raw" -- it has to be SOFT, not crisp AT ALL, or I can't do anything with it. But however "raw" it may appear, it's actually cooked thoroughly -- can't eat pork any other way -- but I cook it very slowly on a very low temp, so it stays soft.

I used to like sausage like that too, like the kind you get in a sausage biscuit at McD's... but somewhere along the way I got grossed out by that, and now I cook my sausage till it's about "crispy" -- trying to get the Waffle House cook to make it that way is an exercise in patience and sending it back 3 times. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way I like it, afficionados of crispy bacon probably consider "raw" -- it has to be SOFT, not crisp AT ALL, or I can't do anything with it. But however "raw" it may appear, it's actually cooked thoroughly -- can't eat pork any other way -- but I cook it very slowly on a very low temp, so it stays soft.

I used to like sausage like that too, like the kind you get in a sausage biscuit at McD's... but somewhere along the way I got grossed out by that, and now I cook my sausage till it's about "crispy" -- trying to get the Waffle House cook to make it that way is an exercise in patience and sending it back 3 times. :giggle:

Andria
I like my bacon just barely crispy.

wife cooks it to death.
I have a wife cooking alarm.
Most call it a smoke alarm.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We *were* gonna hit wally world today for a few items, but this weather. :eek: Cold and dry, I could deal with; warm and wet, I could deal with; cold and wet? Fuck you very much, I'm staying HOME.

This Diego bastard is only gonna make us wet and chilly, but the spawn's friend's parents were doing the "Milk and bread!" schtick about the crap that MIGHT hit the EXTREME NE corner of GA, up in the Smokies.. So in their honor...

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh the milk and bread panic.
Been strong here.
2 days ago they forecast up to a foot of snow.
Then it was several inches. Now maybe none at all :)

Fake Weather?

I think it's just because, exactly like doctors, weather people get paid even when they're wrong. If their employers started docking their pay everytime they're wrong, I bet we'd start seeing more accurate weather forecasts. ;)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think it's just because, exactly like doctors, weather people get paid even when they're wrong. If their employers started docking their pay everytime they're wrong, I bet we'd start seeing more accurate weather forecasts. ;)

Andria

Same with doctors if they stopped being paid if their treatments fail

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I think they try but their understanding of the complexities of this world are far to limited to provide accurate weather forecasts.
Maybe in a thousand years if we are still here.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If they were just properly overseen...

An orthopedic surgeon here was recently suspended for operating while buzzed all to hell on pills.
Suspended for 60 days and reinstated because he stayed clean for 90 days..

Should have been criminal charges of illegal drug use and wanton endangerment.
He had NO prescriptions for any of the drugs found in his system.

And no way for most patients in his future to know his past failure...

Doctors should be required to post such things in their office.

Let the patients make an informed decision, but no information....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yep. Doctors apparently still believe in that "generic human" they're taught about in med school... never realizing that that generic ideal doesn't exist, has never existed, WILL never exist. :facepalm:

Andria

VU Sponsors