Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If they were just properly overseen...

An orthopedic surgeon here was recently suspended for operating while buzzed all to hell on pills.
Suspended for 60 days and reinstated because he stayed clean for 90 days..

Should have been criminal charges of illegal drug use and wanton endangerment.
He had NO prescriptions for any of the drugs found in his system.

And no way for most patients in his future to know his past failure...

Doctors should be required to post such things in their office.
in their office...

Let the patients make an informed decision, but no information....

Q: What's the diff between God and a surgeon?

A: God doesn't think He's a surgeon.

:giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, medicine is something that we have to accept as it is because we don't have another choice

Отправлено с моего MS650 через Tapatalk

Sure we do - just most people are afraid to pursue alternatives

I dropped out of western medicine completely

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, medicine is something that we have to accept as it is because we don't have another choice

Отправлено с моего MS650 через Tapatalk
You mean to not use the same punishments on those of the medical profession as the rest of us get?
Just like actors and such?

I am for equal justice for all.
Well maybe those in power over us deserve a double level of punishment for their crimes if it is a misuse of their power.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure we do - just most people are afraid to pursue alternatives

I dropped out of western medicine completely

I use traditional medicine's drugs for my asthma, because I get them for free, thru GSK's assistance program, and they're more effective than anything else. And if I have a bacterial infection that I can't get rid of, I'll take antibiotics -- my doc is STRICT about not prescribing them unless they're truly necessary.

But anything else? Bah humbug. I take ginger for any kind of stomach/digestive dysfunction, and I seek out "natural" remedies for other problems that might arise.

I go to the doctor only 1) for my asthma checkups and refill prescriptions; 2) when it seems I do have a bacterial infection that just won't depart; and 3) if it's life-threatening, I go to the ER. Otherwise... FUHGEDDABOUTIT.

The eczema on my hand (dishydrotic eczema) seems to be cured, and that on my legs is a LOT better. No doc and $multi-thousand-dollar prescription needed. The edema in my left ankle/foot seems greatly improved, and again, no doc needed, I just wear "mild compression" knee-highs 24/7 -- which also keep me from scratching the eczema, which is probably why it's gotten so much better.

I don't know if most people are afraid of alternative treatments, or just too damn dumb to do the research; some of both I expect.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only take any prescription medicine to get to sleep.
I routinely take no other prescription medicine.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doctors piss me off! They can fuck you up seven ways from Sunday and never have to answer for it because they greased many politician palms to get elite status and be untouchable. Here in Louisiana if a doctor fucks up like my surgeon did, you have to get a lawyer who files suit and then it goes in front of a board of 3 doctors to determine the validity of the case. Then it is dismissed because the board of doctors is well known to never ever but extremely seldom times rule in the patients favor. IF you are one of the very very few who gets the blessing of the board of doctors you will be limited to $500K maximum to sue. Doctors are so well protected here that its no wonder the leading cause of medical deaths in this state is malpractice.

Most of yall remember what happened to me. Hernia surgery, intestines cut and missed, I was sent home where I became septic and almost died. A simple surgery that was suppose to be total six weeks recovery ended up being 8 times total on the operating table and 7 months recovery yet my case was thrown out for lack of merit. Yes doctors piss me off!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This eczema I've been struggling with for the last 2 yrs is really puzzling, and thought-provoking. I first started noticing it, the very first time EVER, one night when I was struggling to get to sleep because we had to go up to my parents' house to do the housework -- it kept me awake for hours, because it felt exactly like ants were crawling UNDER my skin, on my right thumb. It then started doing that on my left thumb, over the next few weeks, and then crept to my left palm -- that was right around the time my mom died. Shortly thereafter, the left-hand outbreak eased, but it fucking took over my right hand palm, just ungodly itching, and you could see the little raised "blisters" for lack of a better word. It itched unmercifully, and Eczema Relief Cream and hydrocortisone were only marginally effective at relieving the itch. Then, on my right lower leg, there was an itch that just wouldn't stop -- it was still autumn, so I figured "flea bite", because those bastards itch like hell -- but it just wouldn't stop, and soon, I was seeing the same small raised "bumps" or blisters on my right leg, that infested my palm. Then it started up on my left leg. It's been driving me completely batshit for about 2 yrs, 18 months, something like that -- the hand, 2 yrs; the legs, 18 months.

When the weather cooled, I started wearing socks. That helped a bit, because it kept me from scratching. Then, after my soda ingestion had gotten way out of hand, I started having the edema in my left ankle/foot, very similar to what I suffered on the right shortly after I started vaping. So I knocked off the soda/caffeine abuse, and started going hard on the coconut water as I did then, plus, I got a bunch of mild-compression support knee-highs. I still notice some *slight* swelling in my ankle after a full day of being on my feet, but mostly the edema has eased, since I backed off the caffeine and sodas and started with the compression hosiery. '

Strangely... the eczema on my hand, a huge PITA for 2 yrs... has apparently gone away. The eczema on my legs isn't gone, but the sores have healed, thx to not scratching it all the time, and the itching isn't nearly as bad as it was for a while. I keep wondering... could stress have played a role with the eczema? I never had it till the summer before my mother's death (2016), and then after her death, it got all kinds of worse.

One of those things that makes you go HMMMMM....

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We went thru our xmas boxes tonight, for wrapping paper, tags, tissue paper, our xmas stockings... and found the cat hat we bought last year for Tuxie, who would never tolerate it on her head for long enough to get a pic. :D But Annabel is *slightly* more complaisant about it.... (just slightly!)

SantaCat-1-Sml.jpg

SantaCat-2-Sml.jpg

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We went thru our xmas boxes tonight, for wrapping paper, tags, tissue paper, our xmas stockings... and found the cat hat we bought last year for Tuxie, who would never tolerate it on her head for long enough to get a pic. :D But Annabel is *slightly* more complaisant about it.... (just slightly!)

View attachment 126133

View attachment 126134

Andria
:giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What will she tear up to get even with ya?

There is just no telling, and I hate to imagine! She already tried to get into the rolls of wrapping paper we have stood up against the fireplace ("oooh shiny!" :giggle:). We're not even going to attempt an xmas tree this year, with this rapscallion on the premises.

On Valentine's Day, she'll be a year old, so next xmas, nearly 2 yrs. Hopefully a bit calmer and less destructive. Hopefully. :D Tuxie was rather interested in the xmas tree last year, but that cat could walk thru a minefield and come out the other side, looking for something to eat. :giggle: She did break one ornament, but it wasn't strictly her fault; it was just hanging a bit too low and her body knocked it off the limb.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 126133

View attachment 126134

Andria

Damn that kitty has gotten big!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn that kitty has gotten big!

Yeah, growing like a weed! On the 14th, she'll be 10 months old. She's got this little bulging belly, but thx to her much-earlier problems with eating, you can still see the shape of her hipbones! :facepalm: My son was kinda like that too -- he had a lot of problems at first due to a TINY stomach; half of everything that went in, came back out, so at about 4 months old, he had this enormous baby belly... and arms and legs like stick figures! However by about 8 months old, he was rolls on rolls of baby fat. :D

I guess Annabel will get more properly filled out during her 2nd yr. Her ruff is still just a bare suggestion.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep Seeger.
Brainz fart.

I was still upset over the $200 / mo premium increase in my Obamacare ins.

I got Zero tax cut and a $200 mo increase in health ins.
seeger was ok but no Dylan for me.

actually I got a tax increase on the state level.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep Seeger.
Brainz fart.

I was still upset over the $200 / mo premium increase in my Obamacare ins.

I got Zero tax cut and a $200 mo increase in health ins.
seeger was ok but no Dylan for me.

actually I got a tax increase on the state level.

I used to LOATHE Dylan.... Then I met my husband, and he played me a lot of really old, deep-cut Dylan, and I began to appreciate Dylan's genius. He's not a good singer at all, on many of his records he can barely carry a tune, and on quite a few, he just plain DROPS that damn tune. But... there's something really raw, and real, and GODDAMN RIGHT about his songs. I still can't stand Nashville Skyline, his singing is absolutely the worst on that one... but some of the real early ones... just ineffable.

And Tangled Up in Blue is more or less the story of me and the mate, if you also throw in a pinch of Floyd's Wish You Were Here. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And don't forget, "The Band" started out as Dylan's backup band. I think they may fall into the "loved or hated" category too, as unique as their music is -- neither rock nor folk nor bluegrass nor country.. but somehow all that and more. They could carry a tune better than the Dead, whose guitars always sound to me, out of tune. The mate says "you had to be there," to which I reply, I'm glad I wasn't, as tone-deaf as they were!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And don't forget, "The Band" started out as Dylan's backup band. I think they may fall into the "loved or hated" category too, as unique as their music is -- neither rock nor folk nor bluegrass nor country.. but somehow all that and more. They could carry a tune better than the Dead, whose guitars always sound to me, out of tune. The mate says "you had to be there," to which I reply, I'm glad I wasn't, as tone-deaf as they were!

Andria

I absolutely love The Band

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely love The Band

I do too, but I had to warm up to them slowly. When I was younger, my musical tastes were much narrower... but the older I've gotten, the more I've realized that there's a lot of great music out there, even if some of it doesn't appeal on first or tenth listen. I used to hate Traffic -- if Low Spark came on the radio, I'd squeal and turn the radio OFF, rather than listen to it. Now I holler at everyone to shut up and then turn it up to 11. :giggle: Lately I've been obsessed with a couple of Mozart's best on Youtube, but now it's getting to be time for Michael Buble, Nat King Cole, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. :D
:xmaslights:
:xmastree::hohoho:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do too, but I had to warm up to them slowly. When I was younger, my musical tastes were much narrower... but the older I've gotten, the more I've realized that there's a lot of great music out there, even if some of it doesn't appeal on first or tenth listen. I used to hate Traffic -- if Low Spark came on the radio, I'd squeal and turn the radio OFF, rather than listen to it. Now I holler at everyone to shut up and then turn it up to 11. :giggle: Lately I've been obsessed with a couple of Mozart's best on Youtube, but now it's getting to be time for Michael Buble, Nat King Cole, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. :D
:xmaslights:
:xmastree::hohoho:

Andria

Always loved that song. One of them you can just get lost in while listening to.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always loved that song. One of them you can just get lost in while listening to.

I love it NOW... :D

But hey, it's almost xmas. If I gotta listen to the same ol shit year after year, let it by people with voices that are just priceless...

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Just because :p

Mornin fugees and of course, GFY :)

Gotta go hang out with Rascal and his mommy this morning. Power companies calls me with a recording yesterday informing me the power will be off for 3 hours today for some bullshit line maintenance. Sucks for me but I know Rascal will go ape shit the second he sees me so its all good :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been a little into making some happening. Got applications in with an automobile part maker,. They have spots for warehouse and line work, applied for both. Hope to get word from them. I keep looking and applying, all a person can do.

Switched out general care docs yesterday. Told him I felt like a lab rat at times. He chuckled. "Well, you are in point of fact a mutation. Suppose we do see you as a lab rat," I was told. So, could be. Could be better or worse, I reckon.

Hope everyone is faring well. Think I'm off to go have some coffee, oatmeal while looking at some tell lie vision.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went and spent more money yesterday. Now I have more gifts to wrap. :facepalm: And my husband hasn't done any shopping on his own yet. I'm starting to understand people going miserably into debt at xmas. Until the last few years, we had so little money, no problem -- we'd wait till xmas eve when he got his $100 bonus, then go out and manically buy a few inexpensive items. Much different story now.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been a little into making some happening. Got applications in with an automobile part maker,. They have spots for warehouse and line work, applied for both. Hope to get word from them. I keep looking and applying, all a person can do.

Switched out general care docs yesterday. Told him I felt like a lab rat at times. He chuckled. "Well, you are in point of fact a mutation. Suppose we do see you as a lab rat," I was told. So, could be. Could be better or worse, I reckon.

Hope everyone is faring well. Think I'm off to go have some coffee, oatmeal while looking at some tell lie vision.
Good luck on the job search.
And it is all fake on TV.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Darkcide666
1 point · 13 hours ago · edited 7 hours agoIt's the same company. Basically the FDA issued a warning to a Chinese company which they have no power over so the company ignored them or told them to go fuck themselves.

chucKing

1 point · 13 hours ago
Well it's not legal to sell prescription drugs without a prescription in the US, is it? I suppose with no teeth the FDA probably has very little recourse, but it sure seems like they should be able to shut that down.

Darkcide666
1 point · 12 hours ago
They're not selling it within the US. People are ordering it from China. The FDA can't do shit about companies operating out of other countries. If they want to shut it down they need to take it up with customs.

"FDA told to go fuck themselves." --- InterWebs Headline Winner

This does not confer fugee status upon the FDA. They can get their own dinghy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugees :)

A lil hard on........is that softie or shorty? FDA needs to be more forthcoming with this info :giggle:

Well, it will not be the FDA's concern any longer. They need to hand it off to our lovely customs department. The Brits are moving aluminum back and forth by calling it Al U Min U m to get around the current U.S. imposed tariff on it in the U.K.. Figure the Chinese will just borrow the idea and call male enhancing vape juice, vigor vape juice. Customs will be none the wiser as the claim can be "give you more energy". Vitamin B12, caffeine can also "give you more energy". Customs won't take a second look. They haven't got the man power for it. So the FDA well, it can not really do anything more than send nasty letters to China. Seems the FDA is too impotent to even fuck itself.

Paper tigers lost in deepening blizzards roar so cute. Kind of reminds me of how people could continue to get certain guns despite their country being on a watch list, sanctioned, imports controlled. "No, we don't buy them here or from here. We get them from XXXXX country and then the doctors from XXXX country bring them to us when they come to help our children." A very true adage, "where a will there's a way." Or one could see also ISIS having lovely brand new Toyota pick ups to run around in the desert shipped from the U.S. of course.

Fun day today. After having been on a high dose of Effexor saw the PA and told them it was not working, not giving me "pep, vigor, energy, enthusiasm". That was what it was allegedly prescribed to me to do. If honest, I doubt much of any medication can do that. I am simply not "wired" internally to get all "hyped up".

So instead of saying they want me to start gradually stepping off of it, wait for it, ... my high dose was nearly doubled. The rationale being it may not be having the desired effect at an already doubled the standard dose. Thought I told her as much. And I also got some kind of sedative or such that is used for Parkinson folks to help with my leg spasms.

The PA at the clinic has already explained the leg spasms to me, on Tuesday. "You don't want to hear it but you already know. You're getting old. Your leg muscles are doing the opposite of atrophy. They've locked up tight on you. When you relax, well there you go they spasm. Drink more water, take some OTC pain meds." Got Tramadol for the really bad pain. Me and high pain tolerance. Six folks say number 10, I say number 4. I'm not too "at risk" of having an opioid "problem". Ergo the docs "sneak" me a script for Tramadol because Demoral well, it makes me loopy and yep it would cause a problem. I guess the Tramadol is a lower grade.

So fun day trying to figure quackery. *smh*

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
. I'm not too "at risk" of having an opioid "problem". Ergo the docs "sneak" me a script for Tramadol because Demoral well, it makes me loopy and yep it would cause a problem. I guess the Tramadol is a lower grade.

I once had a dentist.. excuse me, an ENDODONTIST! tell me I was the weirdest patient he had, because everytime he would offer me pain meds, after a root canal, I'd say "nah, I'll just take some ibuprofen and take a nap till the numbness wears off, so it doesn't hurt so much when I wake up." I asked him what was so weird about that, since it worked just fine for me. He said refusing pain meds was absolutely the weirdest thing he'd encountered from ANY patient. I said, well, if I really NEEDED those drugs, believe me, I'd take them gratefully... but I don't need them, and I'm a recovering alcoholic; so why risk liking them too much?

In the ER, when I had appendicitis, I was literally THANKING GOD for morphine... but after the surgery? I took hydrocodone for 2 days, then ibuprofen for a few more, and that was that. I switched off the hydrocodone because the doc told me they were the likely cause of my nightsweats -- I'd endure a lot of pain, to avoid that! But once that nasty appendix was out of me, pain wasn't a big problem -- the nausea was!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I once had a dentist.. excuse me, an ENDODONTIST! tell me I was the weirdest patient he had, because everytime he would offer me pain meds, after a root canal, I'd say "nah, I'll just take some ibuprofen and take a nap till the numbness wears off, so it doesn't hurt so much when I wake up." I asked him what was so weird about that, since it worked just fine for me. He said refusing pain meds was absolutely the weirdest thing he'd encountered from ANY patient. I said, well, if I really NEEDED those drugs, believe me, I'd take them gratefully... but I don't need them, and I'm a recovering alcoholic; so why risk liking them too much?

In the ER, when I had appendicitis, I was literally THANKING GOD for morphine... but after the surgery? I took hydrocodone for 2 days, then ibuprofen for a few more, and that was that. I switched off the hydrocodone because the doc told me they were the likely cause of my nightsweats -- I'd endure a lot of pain, to avoid that! But once that nasty appendix was out of me, pain wasn't a big problem -- the nausea was!

Andria

Mr Juicy is going through dental hell right now - he had a tooth break and had it removed. Started to heal well were the hole is, then he woke up this morning and the gum had pulled back revealing one of these Tori and BARE BONE

He suffers with these thingies What are Tori, And Why Do I Have Them? | Julie M. Gillis, DDShttps://www.juliegillisdds.com/blog/what-are-tori-and-why-do-i-have-them/

He had a bunch of these removed from his lower jaw about 10 years ago, and it did the same thing, exposed tons of area on his lower jaw

Needless to say, I am tiptoeing around the house....

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mr Juicy is going through dental hell right now - he had a tooth break and had it removed. Started to heal well were the hole is, then he woke up this morning and the gum had pulled back revealing one of these Tori and BARE BONE

He suffers with these thingies What are Tori, And Why Do I Have Them? | Julie M. Gillis, DDShttps://www.juliegillisdds.com/blog/what-are-tori-and-why-do-i-have-them/

He had a bunch of these removed from his lower jaw about 10 years ago, and it did the same thing, exposed tons of area on his lower jaw

Needless to say, I am tiptoeing around the house....

Never heard of a Tori before. Damn Lucy, hope Mr Juicy feels better soon. :)

VU Sponsors