Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mr Juicy is going through dental hell right now - he had a tooth break and had it removed. Started to heal well were the hole is, then he woke up this morning and the gum had pulled back revealing one of these Tori and BARE BONE

He suffers with these thingies What are Tori, And Why Do I Have Them? | Julie M. Gillis, DDShttps://www.juliegillisdds.com/blog/what-are-tori-and-why-do-i-have-them/

He had a bunch of these removed from his lower jaw about 10 years ago, and it did the same thing, exposed tons of area on his lower jaw

Needless to say, I am tiptoeing around the house....

Yikes, that's horrible. And it may be the ONLY dental problem I've never had! Best to Mr Juicy!!! And you too of course, since you have to live with someone with something like that going on!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I think I have to take that back -- there's another dental problem that people are constantly yammering about if you smoke (or vape) -- the dreaded so-called "dry socket". I'm not even going to say how many teeth I've had pulled... and never suffered that much-vaunted problem. And I smoked after every one of them, and had no "dry sockets". However, JUST after an extraction, I would cut the filters in half of however many cigarettes I smoked in the first 6-ish hrs post-extraction, so as not to start them bleeding again.

When dentists would tell me not to smoke after having a tooth pulled, or some other dental work, first I would laugh. Then I would advise the clueless dentist that smoking was a simple fact of my existence, so I would be smoking even when I had to hold the cigarette to my lips with both hands, while still numbed from novocaine. Dentists and doctors always seem to have this idea that smoking (or vaping, now, to some extent) is something volitional, when it's nothing of the sort. If going without something causes that much suffering, you make sure you don't go without it for longer than you can possibly avoid.

Fortunately, vaping does seem to have a much looser grip, as I very happily discovered when I had the flu and didn't vape at all for about 10-12 days, and didn't miss it until I actually started feeling halfway human again.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else need FAR less nic intake now than when they first started. After their initial nic drop that is.

I can go maybe 8 hours or more without a vape if it is too inconvenient.
When I first started vaping it was at cigarette intervals.
And I am down to 2 mg of 100 mg nic in 120 nl. Whatever that works out to.
Of course I vape more juice now too?

Hard math to figure with all the variables, nic intake is.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else need FAR less nic intake now than when they first started. After their initial nic drop that is.

I can go a long time without vaping if need be, but after about two hours I start to jones a little, but it's not nearly as horrible as being deprived of a cigarette for that long. Two hours and I was ready to kill somebody when I was a smoker, lol

I was down to about 1.5 nic for several months, as nic was making me feel a little nauseated, but then I started vaping even more, so I've upped it to 2.5 and that seems about right

Doubt I'll ever be able to overcome the oral fixation unless I wanted to gain a very, very significant amount of weight, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can go a long time without vaping if need be, but after about two hours I start to jones a little, but it's not nearly as horrible as being deprived of a cigarette for that long. Two hours and I was ready to kill somebody when I was a smoker, lol

I was down to about 1.5 nic for several months, as nic was making me feel a little nauseated, but then I started vaping even more, so I've upped it to 2.5 and that seems about right

Doubt I'll ever be able to overcome the oral fixation unless I wanted to gain a very, very significant amount of weight, lol
And Vaping is much safer than being overweight ;)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had dry socket before and yeah, it is horrible. Ha a tooth pulled and then next day flew offshore. Couple days later it hit and it was bad. Ended up flying in so I could go home and see the dentist and get a salve for it. This was around 20 - 25 years ago and I still remember the pain from it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I was at 3mg for quite some time, probably close to 2 yrs... but decided to go back up slightly, when I started noticing how often I was afflicted with that "tip of the tongue" problem -- a word you know like you know the back of your hand, but couldn't think of, to save your life. I guess it could be considered a type of aphasia? As far as I know, I don't have any other symptoms of cognitive impairment which might be expected with any form of dementia.. but that one was getting really bad, very annoying, making me seem a lot older and more prone to "senior moments" than I truly am. I'm happy to report that after being at 4.5mg for several months, the problem has eased considerably. I still might get that tip of the tongue problem, but usually the word will come to me if I just slow down and think about it for a second... and the problem doesn't happen nearly as often.

I'm not sure this is any indication of "addiction," considering how long and how well I did without vaping at all for well over a week... but I think it might get back to why I was such an easy mark for cigarettes, nevermind the fact that in '75, pretty much everyone smoked everywhere -- a disorganization of my brain chemistry that goes along with my lifelong problems with depression, anxiety, ADD, and all sorts of addiction problems, which nicotine of course is a terrific medication for (that disorganized neurochemistry). It's just too damn bad I had to self-medicate with a deadly addiction in order to get the medication my brain truly needed, and apparently still needs -- and THAT is down to the smoke-nazis, demonizing nicotine all these years so much that even now, people who really should know better still consider nicotine a "terribly addictive" drug -- people like you, Cromwell, asking a question like this. It wasn't nicotine that kept me addicted; it was the MAOIs, which thankfully I was able to get from WTA. The nicotine was the medicine -- the addiction was the MAOIs.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In the ER, when I had appendicitis, ...

I still have moments when I miss my appendix. *chuckles*

Mr. Ed on tell lie vision is no fun to wake up to when morphine is in a system. Got sick because of thinking that poor horse with a carrot up his ass.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
much safer than being overweight

Planning on dieting & exercise to lose about 2 lbs a week. Realized I am carrying an extra me around physically. Sighting in a good weight of 165 lbs. That will give me a BMI of a little over 22 with a BMI of 24 being overweight and 18 being underweight. It will take me roughly a year and a half to get to 165 lbs losing 2 lbs a week. Doing it at that rate is the only safe and correct way, which can allow me to keep the weight off.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Planning on dieting & exercise to lose about 2 lbs a week. Realized I am carrying an extra me around physically. Sighting in a good weight of 165 lbs. That will give me a BMI of a little over 22 with a BMI of 24 being overweight and 18 being underweight. It will take me roughly a year and a half to get to 165 lbs losing 2 lbs a week. Doing it at that rate is the only safe and correct way, which can allow me to keep the weight off.

Try Atkins. It works if you actually do i without cheating.

When I was working offshore, the food out there was unreal. Seafood night all the shrimp and fish and gumbo you could hold and it was all damn good. Steak night was always a thick 1 1/2 in thick ribeye anyway you wanted and as many as you wanted. All free. Food was usually excellent out there and I was a good 50 lbs over weight when I transferred back to a land base. 12 years of this will do it to ya :p

Thats when I learned about atkins. I read the book and gave it a try. Around 2 months later the 50 lbs was gone. That easy and also that hard. No bread. potatoes, rice, thats harder to give up than ya can imagine but the diet does work. Here is the drawback to it. When you reach your goal and start eating normal again, carbs are like a drug and you can not get enough of them and end up putting the weight back on. Yet that is the hardest art of any diet. transitioning into sensible eating once you reach your target goal and ha part always whipped my ass :p

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well guys, had to do something yesterday thats gonna seriously cramp my lifestyle but if I want to live then gotta do what I gotta do. Thursday had another cardiac scare. Wasnt doing much and my chest started to ache and my wrist in the bones started to ache real bad. Checked my BP and I was up o 190/100 with 100 pulse. It wasnt the same pain as what put me in the ER in September but it was a cardiac event and scare the piss out of a few including me.

Well the ex put it to me that either her and Rascal is moving in with me which would mean finishing clearing out the bedroom and getting a bed or moving into her place. So yesterday I took some stuff over here and am staying with her and Rascal now. Guess I cant call her the ex anymore :p Whats nice about living alone is ya get to do what ya want, when ya want and no one can say a damn thing about it. But its not worth my life and because of my disability I been very sedate. Not being able to breathe will do it to ya and I cant go to the bathroom without getting out of breath. This way I will be more active. I have to go to my place a couple times a day just to feed my outside kittys so daily I have no choice but to get into the car, drive to my place and take care of them. Daily activity.I just dont want to be one of these guys dead 3 years after retiring which happens a lot. June makes 3 years for me and my condition has deteriorated some.

On a good note, Rascal is happy as can be. He has his mommy and pappa now. The hard part is her other pitty puppy girl who is an absolute love. She is constantly wiggling her way into every single one of Rascals rubbings and then he gets mad and they go to wrasslin. Its funny and annoying.

Well fugee's. thats my lot in life now. My one condition was there will be no bitchin on me smoking my h*rb. She says she hates the smell of it and as long as I go outside to smoke it, she wont complain. (yeah I know, famous last words) She didnt bitch last night but time will tell.....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2718096

Some good stuff in there.
For me at a glance levels of some smoking related toxins are nearly the same as in never smoked/vaped and in full time vapers.

It looked to me like ALL levels of smoking related toxins were much lower in all who vaped only vs smokers or dual use.

The tables help in understanding the results.
Very technical overall.
Made my head hurt a bit, but I got better :)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At about 5' 8" and 185 I am a bit overweight, but works for me.

I do watch my weight to keep it where it is. some days I eat very little. Yesterday just a couple of peanut butter sandwiches.

I do not do it for health but for comfort and I am just too cheap assed to buy new clothes if these get too small for me :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My suggestion would be, don't "go on a diet"... because as soon as you go off it, you'll gain it right back. Adjust your entire diet to reflect healthy food that you actually LIKE, and even the occasional not-so-healthy that you really love, and you'll be far more likely to stay with it, and maintain a healthier weight, long-term. I do occasionally eat fattening goodies... I just don't make a habit of it. And calories from Thanksgiving to New Year's don't count. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At about 5' 8" and 185 I am a bit overweight, but works for me.

I do watch my weight to keep it where it is. some days I eat very little. Yesterday just a couple of peanut butter sandwiches.

I do not do it for health but for comfort and I am just too cheap assed to buy new clothes if these get too small for me :)

I do it for health AND comfort -- I just can't bear it when there's much too much ME... and also economic; I once did gain enough that I had to buy some new pants, and that just SUCKS! Totally pisses off tightwads like me... and you too! :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My suggestion would be, don't "go on a diet"... because as soon as you go off it, you'll gain it right back. Adjust your entire diet to reflect healthy food that you actually LIKE, and even the occasional not-so-healthy that you really love, and you'll be far more likely to stay with it, and maintain a healthier weight, long-term. I do occasionally eat fattening goodies... I just don't make a habit of it. And calories from Thanksgiving to New Year's don't count. ;)

Andria
I occasionally eat healthy foods. I even like some of them.
Pizza counts as a vegetable right?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Paleo lifestyle for me

It was hell giving up all the processed carbs and my favorite, nitrite laden bacon -

However, as long as you avoid the prohibited foods, you can eat as much as you want, whenever you want

I went from 167 and am now down to 129 -

Am juice fasting right now, trying to lose that last stubborn 2 pounds, as I'm only 4'11" and a half; I feel and do my best at 127

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to make some Lean Green juice - ah, never thought in a bazillion years I'd be happy having kale and chard for breakfast o_O

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm about to make some Lean Green juice - ah, never thought in a bazillion years I'd be happy having kale and chard for breakfast o_O
Most all greens are horribly bitter to me.
No way can I eat them.
Lettuce is ok as long as no ecoli.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Most all greens are horribly bitter to me.
No way can I eat them.
Lettuce is ok as long as no ecoli.

I know exactly what you are talking about
I can't hack it to just eat, but certain combos when juiced really knock out the bitterness

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wil tell yall a sure fire way to lose weight. Have food start becoming revolting to ya. Earlier this year, late may or early june I had that happen. Cooked sumptin, took a bite and it was good. Took another end it was eh. Third bite I was disgusted with it and done eating for the night. One night I ordered a pizza. It arrived, I ate a piece and it was good, was fiddle farting around and around 30 minutes later I grabbed a second slice and it was the most disgusting thing I ever had. Few months later tried pizza again and it was good. Dropped 30 ponds since june from this. Not one single time did I go on a diet.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I wil tell yall a sure fire way to lose weight. Have food start becoming revolting to ya. Earlier this year, late may or early june I had that happen. Cooked sumptin, took a bite and it was good. Took another end it was eh. Third bite I was disgusted with it and done eating for the night. One night I ordered a pizza. It arrived, I ate a piece and it was good, was fiddle farting around and around 30 minutes later I grabbed a second slice and it was the most disgusting thing I ever had. Few months later tried pizza again and it was good. Dropped 30 ponds since june from this. Not one single time did I go on a diet.

Guess that's one way to do it

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I occasionally eat healthy foods. I even like some of them.
Pizza counts as a vegetable right?

Depending on what you put on a pizza, it can be anywhere from super-healthy to "eh, not bad" and even all the way to "I hate my body so I'm poisoning it". I farking love pizza, but it farking does NOT love me; the tomato sauce disagrees with my guts quite radically. But I still sometimes indulge in a single slice, if I use a spoon or a dull knife to lift the cheese and scrape out most of the tomato sauce. I like it with shrooms and pepperoni and shrooms -- dominos only supplies the actual double shrooms if you ask for it twice (sometimes not even then, the stupid asshats). Black olives aren't too bad on pizza, though I always prefer green olives -- I know, hits that bitter gene for you -- they *are* bitter, which is why they're in brine, and I just LERVVVVVE that saltiness. :D I've had tiny shrimp on pizza, but I'm eager to try anchovies, if they're the ground-up kind such as that found in caesar dressing -- I'm a fool for that shit, and also Worcestershire sauce, so I think I'd love anchovies on pizza!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugees

All pizza is good. Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, they are all real good. Even Little Ceasers has some good pizza.

A few months ago I got the idea to make pizza. I googled pan pizza dough and made up some of that and then while the dough was rising I made a sauce from a papa johns recipe that I found on line. After that I put the dough in a cast iron skillet, sauce and toppings and threw it in the oven. Turned out to be one of the best pizza's that I ever had.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just dont want to be one of these guys dead 3 years after retiring which happens a lot. June makes 3 years for me and my condition has deteriorated some.

In a way sorry to hear you're needing to move back together, other handed glad to hear it too. At least someone can be there for you hopefully.

I still think not driving truck killed my step dad, or mom did. It was him and her alone at the house, all us boys had left, if she didn't she missed a lovely opportunity. All three of us never will call for an autopsy or inquest. He had cancer, heart trouble, stroke risks, body wearing out from age.

So we figure as mom tells it he fell out of bed and died or died and fell out of bed. No need to look any further. We might suspect but we're in no hurry to know for fact. We simply don't care either way. His youngest son has never cried over his daddy being dead, never will.

I fear getting weight off only to have it return with a vengeance. Wife says she'd like to see me drop at least 100 lbs to keep off. BMI would have me weigh no more than 165. I would be literally starving myself to try maintaining that, though. If I can get to around 200-225 think I'd be happy too & maybe capable to keep it off. Not going to go on anything crashing. She wants to have us talk to the hospital dietitian & get us meal plans, diet regimen.

I've look at Atkins before. Yep, carbs are the evil drugs. *chuckles* She's always making some pasta, some bread or cake, or we get potatoes ... loads of carbs all the time. Think it may do with us being that poor Appalachian bit, not to excuse us but to at least understand it some on my part, we eat dead carbs because we don't want to go hungry. Carbs are cheap and easy to fill up on. This past year back on our own has shown us both we won't go hungry and in fact we stay well stocked, even in smaller quarters.

She don't wanna eats fruits & veg but i luvs 'em. :) She's kind of strange for being a country gal that don't eat what from the ground grows. Aw well it'll work itself out I'm sure. We're both becoming serious about getting our weights under control. Let mine go I know but at the same time I know too testosterone was not being a help either. "Food, eat, eat now! Eat more!" I used to be able to do that as it would burn right off, high metabolism. Now if I even look at food, ten pounds hops on. Pain in the nuts it is.

Well, gotta go swab our galley today and got some other stuff what needs doing so I'm a gonna, ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, Morely goes to hang with Bob and the board just dies. :giggle:

And dont forget, tis the season to GFY :)

I noticed that too, but mea culpa; I've been hanging out at the Quora website a lot in the last week. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shame I got lost at the mossy stump with the three lightning scorch marks. Could not recall if I hung a left or right at the blaze for a camp. Found a still site as well and the next I knew the ground met tail. Some old codger had started dripping out rye. He come to peek on his work & give me the recipe. Took it off to my local codger and he'll be afixin' me up a batch soon. I do apologize for missing out on the slutting wit Bob.

Merry Christmas & Brightest Blessings to everyone.

Me and wife might be unconventional, does not excuse us to bear ill will or disrespect. I say I don't know or care and figure that's about as honest as I can be. She likes the idea that it's all been, always is, will be and adds just a pinch of standard Gardenian Witta/Wicca to it. At one point I used to be a lot darker. Feels better walking in the Light. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been hanging out at the Quora website a lot in the last week. :D

Be careful there. Someone is passing off bad codes to ICBMs aboard a submarine in the North Pacific theater. Defaults always miss one digit set & the defaults set the standard policy for the codes. But then simply having the codes doesn't help. There's a good bit more to the process.

When in doubt, follow the Discordian Rule of Reading: Everything you read is a lie, even this. Never believe anything you read. Never trust atoms, they make shit up.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A Fucking Fugee Merry Holidays To Everyone!

I got nominated to do the honor of decorating out 4 ft tall artificial tree today. Reckon I'll find some Christmas musical show/s on Roku later. Need to be feeling Christmas.

Had a spat of being without some mental health medication. Apparently it fooled me & was in fact doing something to help. At least yesterday's double the highest dose dose did. Think dopamine is being released, feel like a toasty tipsy without the rest of the effects.

There was a mess of this and that going on twixt the agency and the pharmacy. They got it fixed. Seems the agency was looking for more profit off the meds than what the pharmacy gave. The pharmacy uses generics & will only pay that rate out. Brand name is what the agency was trying to give at 100 times more cost.

The Boss Lady, she drop a the big hammer on a they ass. They no like a talk to a her, she get a what they say a nasty. So a the pharmacy won out and got the green light on a generic. Boss Lady she a be rather the a diplomat but I know a you no wanna gets her pissed off, she cut you with a smile.

Well y'all hang it loose an if ya need to have the happy happy joy joy you know ya can always go fuck yourself. :) Much loves today for all the peoples. I oughta, ...

VU Sponsors