Become a Patron!

Eciggity Age Verification

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just placed an order with Eciggity and had to give the last 4 digits of my SS# and date of birth..was verified instantly..won't have to do that again with future orders..easy-peasy,

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lifelock watches my back..besides, not much one can do with only four digits..

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well there are other sites I can order from that do not require anything more than my full name and birth date

So when I have to order from them, I pick manual verification and just pay the extra $2

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well there are other sites I can order from that do not require anything more than my full name and birth date

So when I have to order from them, I pick manual verification and just pay the extra $2
That's a good idea..too late with Eciggity but I do that next time I oder from anybody else, thx!

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They got me was hoping they would just want my four numbers. Nope got the bs so just bounced. As much as I order on line they all should know iam old enough.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The only problem with the method, someone 18+ has to be home and sign for the package

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only problem with the method, someone 18+ has to be home and sign for the package
I get all my vape mail delivered to my PO box..So I guess I could sign at the front desk upon delivery..

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lifelock watches my back..besides, not much one can do with only four digits..

It's very annoying that they want the last 4 digits but you're right not much they can do with it anyway. It's more of a hassle to send a pic of my DL, IMO. They can do a lot with a copy of your DL too. More than last 4 of SSN

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very annoying that they want the last 4 digits but you're right not much they can do with it anyway. It's more of a hassle to send a pic of my DL, IMO. They can do a lot with a copy of your DL too. More than last 4 of SSN
That was my thoughts too, lol

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't ordered from any company that requests your SSN, don't care if only part of it, not trusting some 3rd party site with that kind of info.

It is only blue check that I know of that requests that info, and a lot of vape companies already dumped blue check due to losing sales, and now using veratad which doesn't request your SSN, but still age verify without any part of your SSN.

Use to use eciggity and went to use them on the labor day sales, as soon as got the pop up for SSN #, I exited without purchase, and will avoid any company using blue check, it just isn't needed.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't ordered from any company that requests your SSN, don't care if only part of it, not trusting some 3rd party site with that kind of info.

It is only blue check that I know of that requests that info, and a lot of vape companies already dumped blue check due to losing sales, and now using veratad which doesn't request your SSN, but still age verify without any part of your SSN.

Use to use eciggity and went to use them on the labor day sales, as soon as got the pop up for SSN #, I exited without purchase, and will avoid any company using blue check, it just isn't needed.

Same here lol
The fuck you need my last 4 of my Ssn
Fuck that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VA has been using the last 4 to identify me for years....just sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really?
Nothing anyone can do with the last four digits of your social security number?
I'm not going to provide details of how the SSN breaks down into usable info but I can assure you that the reason hackers, thieves, and simply dishonest people WANT your SSN is so they can use it to their benefit.
With simply the last four they have already gained quite a bit of info.
If someone were to hack the server that has that info stored on it (EVERY system is hackable) they would have a lot more than you think.
For that matter, how do you know the employees (NOT speaking of ANY particular online shop) of where ever you may choose to purchase from are honest and loyal people?
You may have been buying from any particular online shop for years and maybe they recently hired a new person.
Said new person only took the job because they were dishonest and after one thing.
YOUR hard earned money along with thousands of others.
Sure, that is an extreme idea.
But the bad people out there are much more extreme than one might think.
If you aren't thinking of ways to prevent them, they are thinking of ways to help themselves.
The concept that ANY company forces you to provide as much Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as they do is well beyond my understanding.
They do not NEED this info, however the average person WANTS whatever it is they are about to purchase, so they provide the info just to GET what they want.
It is a bad trade my friends.
We must all do better to protect ourselves and our friends.
If a company is using a method you aren't comfortable with simply because they either didn't take the time to understand the new FDA puke and are now paying a company to do what they don't understand, go somewhere else.
There are far too many online shops to have to buy from someone that doesn't make the time to fully understand all the rules and regulations put forth upon them to stay in business.

Just MY opinion.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VA
VETERANS?

I've been in the Veterans Administration Healthcare System for a long time. They use the last 4 of my social to identify me at any clinic or Hospital Nationwide...(currently here at the San Diego VA in La Jolla) USMC Vet..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really?
Nothing anyone can do with the last four digits of your social security number?
I'm not going to provide details of how the SSN breaks down into usable info but I can assure you that the reason hackers, thieves, and simply dishonest people WANT your SSN is so they can use it to their benefit.
With simply the last four they have already gained quite a bit of info.
If someone were to hack the server that has that info stored on it (EVERY system is hackable) they would have a lot more than you think.
For that matter, how do you know the employees (NOT speaking of ANY particular online shop) of where ever you may choose to purchase from are honest and loyal people?
You may have been buying from any particular online shop for years and maybe they recently hired a new person.
Said new person only took the job because they were dishonest and after one thing.
YOUR hard earned money along with thousands of others.
Sure, that is an extreme idea.
But the bad people out there are much more extreme than one might think.
If you aren't thinking of ways to prevent them, they are thinking of ways to help themselves.
The concept that ANY company forces you to provide as much Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as they do is well beyond my understanding.
They do not NEED this info, however the average person WANTS whatever it is they are about to purchase, so they provide the info just to GET what they want.
It is a bad trade my friends.
We must all do better to protect ourselves and our friends.
If a company is using a method you aren't comfortable with simply because they either didn't take the time to understand the new FDA puke and are now paying a company to do what they don't understand, go somewhere else.
There are far too many online shops to have to buy from someone that doesn't make the time to fully understand all the rules and regulations put forth upon them to stay in business.

Just MY opinion.
It's why I also subscribe to Lifelock...to help prevent identity theft...no worries

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been in the Veterans Administration Healthcare System for a long time. They use the last 4 of my social to identify me at any clinic or Hospital Nationwide...(currently here at the San Diego VA in La Jolla) USMC Vet..

Dude really?
Come on mang!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I am going to say is too many service providers have been hacked, too many HR and HC providers have been hacked, even a few Federal Government agencies have been hacked.
I trust NO ONE.
I'm not one to wear a tin foil hat (at least not very often) but I'm not going to make it easy for anyone and just leave my car and house unlocked then post on social media pages that I am on vacation for the next 6 days.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All I am going to say is too many service providers have been hacked, too many HR and HC providers have been hacked, even a few Federal Government agencies have been hacked.
I trust NO ONE.
I'm not one to wear a tin foil hat (at least not very often) but I'm not going to make it easy for anyone and just leave my car and house unlocked then post on social media pages that I am on vacation for the next 6 days.

Sorry it was too good a chance to pass up. :giggle::devil::giggle::teehee::teehee:

14449959_664332023729731_6971057332031231271_n.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's why I also subscribe to Lifelock...to help prevent identity theft...no worries

You're putting a lot of faith in lifelock to just give out SSN to anyone, I subscribe to not giving out my SSN unless no choice (bank, work etc), and that service is free lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not the whole number, just the last 4... Lifelock saved my ass once when I lost my wallet, (DL CC, SS card) drunk one night at Mardi Gras in New Orleans..
Few days later I get a Gmail alert from Lifelock asking me if I was buying a couple iPhones at the Verizon Store..I said No, that's not me and they instantly cancelled the transaction in the store at the counter..
I understand the person using my stolen ss# was arrested at the store..that was in 2008 pal, and I've been with Lifelock ever since..

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not the whole number, just the last 4

That can be enough from what I have read and heard

The Social Security Administration switched to random number assignment in 2011, but for those of us over the age of 4 it’s still risky. If a fraudster knows your state and date of birth and the last four of your Social, he’s in business. “If someone asks for the last four digits, you’re basically turning over the keys,” says Weisman. “If it’s a sophisticated criminal, that’s all they need.”

It is up to everyone if to take the risk, but myself I won't for some vape gear I can get from somewhere else where they don't require that info.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yup, that is one part of the info I intentionally didn't post.
I just read that article from Weisman....I never give my social out to anyone who calls me on the phone...that said I'm not gonna use my last 4 anymore for age verification...

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure lifelock is better than nothing but it's not bulletproof.
https://www.wired.com/2010/05/lifelock-identity-theft/

Their ceo thought it was until he got his ass handed to him 13 times. If the last four are required by eciggity now, then I'll miss their helpful staff and customer service.

Obviously the va uses ssn's to identify people and there's not much you can do there. However that doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy either.
https://epic.org/privacy/vatheft/

"The VA cannot ensure the safety and privacy of Veteran and employee healthcare, benefits, and financial information," according to the July 2, 2013, report."
http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/20/va-data-breach-pratically-unavoidable-memo-says.html

No tinfoil needed if there's a track record.

Last edited:

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They do not require you to give them the last 4...that is just one of the methods you can pick to verify your age with them

VU Sponsors