Become a Patron!

EctoCooler Clone… Something is Missing (Please Help)

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new to the DIY Juice making. I am trying to make a few clones to get started. I found this recipe online and after letting it steep for 3 days it just tastes weird. It has a strange mouth feel to it and I am NOT getting that ectocooler HI-C flavor I was hoping for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am making 30ml until I get i right. I am also mixing with a magnetic mixer with a magnetic pill for 1 hour to fully incorporate the juice and letting it breathe with a coffee filter on top for at least 10 hrs, before I transferred it to a plastic bottle, which I keep in a dark closet and shake it up every day. (This is a 0mg nic mix)

6% TFA Hawaiian Punch
6% Flavor West "Ecto Cooler"
1% TFA "Smooth"

Please advise if the ingredients are off, or if I am doing something wrong in the mixing/steeping process.

Thank you
J

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not an expert at all and I don't use many tfa flavours, but you may want to gradually increase them until they taste right. When I have used tfa or flavor west I do use higher percentages.

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried a test batch without Smooth?
I have not tried it without smooth. That was my initial thought to remove it. I just assumed that the person who cloned it added it for a reason.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, yeah. Sorry, forgot you were following a recipe... With that said, maybe it was simply made to their taste. You could still mix up a small sample, say 5ml, and see.

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, yeah. Sorry, forgot you were following a recipe... With that said, maybe it was simply made to their taste. You could still mix up a small sample, say 5ml, and see.
I will try a 5ml tonight without the smooth and see how it tastes, hopefully it will taste more like i was hoping for! I will post my thoughts tomorrow.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will try a 5ml tonight without the smooth and see how it tastes, hopefully it will taste more like i was hoping for! I will post my thoughts tomorrow.
It's likely the smooth causing the weird mouth feel. It definitely adds a thicker/fuller mouth kind of feel. If the flavor is off, sorry not much I can do to help you there. Can't remember the latest time I vaped a commercial blend...

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried Ecto Cooler solo? The flavoring alone is just like the drink.

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried Ecto Cooler solo? The flavoring alone is just like the drink.
I'll try it without the smooth and with just the ecto solo, and I will let you guys know which is closer. Give me a day or two to let it steep

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ecto cooler solo to me is tang / sunny D

vaping one day at a time

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just finished spinning up two batches one without smooth, and one with just ecto at 15%, so who knows. I will let them steep tonight and vape on them tomorrow afternoon. I will keep you posted.

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So after making 2 batches of 60VG/40PG ( 0 NIC )
Batch one - 7% FW Ectocooler with 5%TFA Hawaiian Punch, and no smooth it does taste better than with the smooth.
Batch two - 15% FW Ectocooler it did not taste very good by itself.

My thoughts: It does need more time to steep to see if flavors change. The Ecto and HP were better with out smooth which fixed the weird mouth feel. Now I just need more of a citrus/lemon flavor to add to get that aftertaste of the ectocooler to be more lemon limey. Anyone know of a flavor that will add this citrus lemon lime like flavor to the ectocooler mix i am working on.

I found this flavor do you think this will work together with this mix?
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7390-lemon-lime-flavor.aspx
or
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6691-citrus-punch-flavor.aspx

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't used those, myself. IF those don't work out for you, FlavourArt has a REALLY nice Lemon Sicily flavoring. They have 2 lime flavors - Lime Cold Pressed and Lime Tahiti.

neverbeentovegas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could try Capella's Lemon-Lime flavor. I like it quite a bit as a semi-stand alone flavor with some additional sweetener. In your use I would use it alone. Start low in your percentage though, it could over power your mix. You may also consider a very small amount of Koolada. I'm not a fan personally, but it might add that coldness that could push your mix into perfection for you. Just some thoughts...

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFA's Lemon Lime flavor is weak but it might work here or it might tank the whole juice. Not too sure and can't attempt it myself (no HP).

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFA's Lemon Lime flavor is weak but it might work here or it might tank the whole juice. Not too sure and can't attempt it myself (no HP).
I'll order some TFA lemon lime today and see if it helps bring out the flavor i am looking for.

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What percentage do you think would be a good starting point?

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW's Mt. Dew adds a nice lemon-limey kick to their Ecto. I do 8% Ecto and 4% Mt. Dew, add 1 drop sucralose per 5ml. Not sure if it's the exact flavor you're going for, but it's tasty!

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FW's Mt. Dew adds a nice lemon-limey kick to their Ecto. I do 8% Ecto and 4% Mt. Dew, add 1 drop sucralose per 5ml. Not sure if it's the exact flavor you're going for, but it's tasty!
How close is this to a HI-C EctoCooler?
Hi+C+Ecto+Cooler+Slimer+Juice+Carton+Custom.jpg

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wish I could tell ya, notsri, but it's been a looooong time since I tasted the real thing. The FW mix I posted above is like orange, tangerine, and lemon (the lime is a little subdued in Mt. Dew, and I can't vape it by itself at higher percentages because it's like inhaling Pledge furniture polish). As with any other citrus vape I've mixed, the sucralose is a key ingredient for me...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i'd go with the citrus punch.. aka mt dew.. tfa..

i'd make it something like this:

15% ecto cooler
8% citrus punch
1 drop real lemon juice or .5% lemon tfa

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

15% ecto cooler
8% citrus punch

I wish I had some citrus punch... maybe after this next batch ill try some

Moosiecakes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new to the DIY Juice making. I am trying to make a few clones to get started. I found this recipe online and after letting it steep for 3 days it just tastes weird. It has a strange mouth feel to it and I am NOT getting that ectocooler HI-C flavor I was hoping for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am making 30ml until I get i right. I am also mixing with a magnetic mixer with a magnetic pill for 1 hour to fully incorporate the juice and letting it breathe with a coffee filter on top for at least 10 hrs, before I transferred it to a plastic bottle, which I keep in a dark closet and shake it up every day. (This is a 0mg nic mix)

6% TFA Hawaiian Punch
6% Flavor West "Ecto Cooler"
1% TFA "Smooth"

Please advise if the ingredients are off, or if I am doing something wrong in the mixing/steeping process.

Thank you
J

I use Ecto With TPA Mountain dew & FA Orange. Makes for a Very Tangy Orange. :)

notsri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got some TFA lemon lime in. Ill have to make a new batch with the lemon lime at about 2-3% I will post my opinion once I have vaped it.

kalthaxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use
5% tfa Hawaiian punch
8% fw ectocooler
4% tfa tutti fruity

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

15% ecto cooler
8% citrus punch

i'd cut those flavorings in half.. ;) it's rather strong.. maybe even add some tutti fruity.. and some malic acid..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FW Ectocooler and maybe if you choose a drop of sweetener or sour I like it on its own...

VU Sponsors