Become a Patron!

ECX/TE Sampoerna Notes

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a brief review of Ecig Express- Tobacco Express line- Sampoerna. Here is the vendor's description:
"Modeled after a famous brand of Indonesian kretek cigarettes, Sampoerna tastes similar to 234 Dji Sam Soe, except with a stronger clove flavor. The mild and sweet flavor of Sampoerna makes for a relaxing all-day vape as part of your DIY e-juice recipe, and you can always adjust the taste by adding different tobacco and spice flavors. "

If you are an experienced tobacco flavor vaper, you might want to take this with a grain of salt, as this is the first tobacco flavor I've mixed. That being said, I gave this a shot at 3%.

I mixed this three days ago, so will check back in after steeping for another week.

The flavor begins with a mild golden shag cigarette tobacco taste- very silimar to Bali Shag (the one in the red can). The flavor is fairly mild, as advertised. The tobacco gives way to hints of caramel and vanilla (very lightly) in the background followed by tannin/black tea. Finally, a bit of clove is present, though fairly light on the exhale.

I'm not normally a big tobacco fan as I mentioned, but this is pretty good! I've never smoked a Sampoerna before so I can't say how this compares to the real product. If you are looking to recreate Djarum, you are probably barking up the wrong tree.

For future mixes, will consider adding additional dark tobaccos, DNB, possibly additional clove and or vanilla. I also think a touch of anise would be nice with this too!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting, thanks!

Man, I used to love those things back in the day.
A Sampoerna, as an import and without wide popularity in the USA, wasn't cheap, but it was pretty good.
It had a hell of a kick too if ya got the good "234" ones:

introduced in 1968 the company's other key brand is "234" (pronounced Dji Sam Soe), an unfiltered cigarette with 39 mg of tar and 2.3 mg of nicotine per stick.

VU Sponsors