Become a Patron!

Efan c2 charger with lg 18650

Hello everyone! I got a dumb question from a newbi in vaping.

I recently bought a smok alien 220w mod with LG 18650 gh2 batteries and a efan c2 usb charger for those. Problem is the charger seems wack, i had some problems with the one i bought and got a return, but the new one is still having a similar problem.
When unplugged, both battery shows the right (approximate) charge level, but once plugged in (using a samsung 5v-2a charger) the right bay will always show full and not charge the battery, while the left one will say one bar is missing and will charge forever without the lights changing. No change if i switch the batteries' places. Am i too dumb to use it correctly or should i return it again? Thanks a lot

I don't know why chargers don't work. Just curious if it's this one
https://www.imrbatteries.com/efan-c2-2-channel-battery-charger/

And if I has a wall plug if you've tried that.

Yup its exactly this one. Theres only a micro usb hole and a usb cable than comes with it.
I just find weird that i got 2 bad in a row. Could it be that putting it on the 3.7v setting is wrong? Theres also 1.2, 3.6 and 3.8v setting that im too afraid to try for longer than a minute

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If those settings are for the battery's fully charged voltage, they should be 4.2v or close.
What info does the screen give you?

Theres no real screen on it exept leds and im really not sure since the charger is suposed to detect the battery placed in it (ie if its a 3.7v li-on or other). I dont see a 4.2 unfortunately. Only 1.2, 3.7, 3.6 and 3.8 (in this order, which i dont get why)

DodgeSwinger72

Member For 1 Year
Not sure if this will help.
560a6f5c34b49fd03b24e4408223e301.jpg

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Probably bad charger? It's supposed to charge at 1A per slot so your 2A adapter should work.
Theres no real screen on it exept leds and im really not sure since the charger is suposed to detect the battery placed in it (ie if its a 3.7v li-on or other). I dont see a 4.2 unfortunately. Only 1.2, 3.7, 3.6 and 3.8 (in this order, which i dont get why)
If it's the one I linked, look like it has a screen. LH HG2 nominal voltage is 3.6. Maybe it needs more than 2A from the adapter.

Probably bad charger? It's supposed to charge at 1A per slot so your 2A adapter should work.

If it's the one I linked, look like it has a screen. LH HG2 nominal voltage is 3.6. Maybe it needs more than 2A from the adapter.

Ill try to find another adapter. Im charging at 0.5 to be safe, and ok from the sticker on the battery i thought it was 3.7v

As for the screen, its actually printed numbers with led lights.

Eeeurf, two bad chargers in a row then. Im unlucky x)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you don't need a usb only charger, there are some that are wall and usb - exchange it for one of those.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried 1 battery at a time, in each slot?

Have you tried 1 battery at a time, in each slot?

Yup. Does the same, only the left one looks like it might be working. Its weird cause thats 2 charger in a row with the same problem.

Heard charging through the mods usb is a nono, so i guess i have to wait till i go back in town to change it..

DodgeSwinger72

Member For 1 Year
Yes and no. Its not good to charge threw the usb port. You can charge it that way just be careful when pluging it in and make sure it's not in a place that it will fall over and break the port. And get a new charger as soon as possible.
Yup. Does the same, only the left one looks like it might be working. Its weird cause thats 2 charger in a row with the same problem.

Heard charging through the mods usb is a nono, so i guess i have to wait till i go back in town to change it..

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Rule of thumb is external charger. It can be put some where to lesson risk and so that if there's an event it doesn't take your mod with it.
Some use the mod's charger and haven't had any issue. If you have a usb port that supplies more than 2A you could try that, I personally wouldn't buy 1/invest more to get that one to work. If you need mobile charging Xtar makes good chargers, and has some that come with wall plug and car adapter.
Otherwise Nitcore D2 is good for a 2 sled and they have a newer SC2. Gyrfalcon is good. The closer you get to that 17$ range, might as well get a 4 bay which would be handy.

VU Sponsors