Become a Patron!

Efest 18650 3000mah

BluelineVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i was looking at some battery's on ecig.com when I stumbled across these: http://www.efestpower.com/Product/062513507.html

So I went to the efest website and check the battery to make sure it those were the specs. My question is could this really be a 3000mah battery with a discharge rate of 35a(I'm thinking continuous discharge) because they also have a pulse discharge rate of 50a listed. I'm confused now because I though the general rule is more mah=less amps. And 2nd question is if you guys think the efest site is reliable enough to trust those ratings.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i was looking at some battery's on ecig.com when I stumbled across these: http://www.efestpower.com/Product/062513507.html

So I went to the efest website and check the battery to make sure it those were the specs. My question is could this really be a 3000mah battery with a discharge rate of 35a(I'm thinking continuous discharge) because they also have a pulse discharge rate of 50a listed. I'm confused now because I though the general rule is more mah=less amps. And 2nd question is if you guys think the efest site is reliable enough to trust those ratings.
I most certainly would not trust anything efest lists, since not a single battery of theirs has ever tested even close to the specs they print. Most are hardly 20 amp batteries
c1fbda46422d3b5bf4fff57d8d097d8f.jpg

As you can see in the chart, the 3000 mah 35 amp efest failed at 30 amps. That means it vented during his tests-it only operates safely up to 20 amps. Friends don't let friends use efests haha

BluelineVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much! I had a feeling it was way to good to be true.
I most certainly would not trust anything efest lists, since not a single battery of theirs has ever tested even close to the specs they print. Most are hardly 20 amp batteries
c1fbda46422d3b5bf4fff57d8d097d8f.jpg

As you can see in the chart, the 3000 mah 35 amp efest failed at 30 amps. That means it vented during his tests-it only operates safely up to 20 amps. Friends don't let friends use efests haha

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe I get to test this theory. I've been running 4 efest for a month now. Zero issues. But I don't pull on them any higher than 20 amps

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Check out Liion wholesale and pick you up some VTC4s.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My testing agrees with Mooch's, they're on par with LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q but no better, and the limit is really somewhere in the 15-20A range.

In real vaping use I've had a few customers tell me they prefer the HG2 or 30Q saying they get more time out of them. Some say they don't notice a difference. But the Efest is a decent battery.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess the point is, when these chinese re-wrap companies print exaggerated ratings on the battery wrapper, it could potentially get a newb into trouble thinking he can build a .1 coil and expect great things to happen. Ether the battery dies a quick death or it vents. (or both)

Mooch just tested one of the Pegasus Vapor Academy batteries, which he says tested to exactly what was printed on the wrapper. Although this particular battery isn't for the super sub-ohm crowd, his point was, this is the type of thing that needs to be in vape shops. Batteries with clear accurate ratings printed on the wrapper.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like Efest changed the 3000mah 35amp battery again. It's now a 10amp battery. Don't trust this shit company.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...rple-35a-3000mah-is-now-a-10a-battery.720251/

edit...
From Mooch's site. the LG MH1 is the 10amp battery. Popular with flashlight enthusiasts

efest3000.jpg

Here's another picture of an efest 3000/35a battery bought in Greece a few days ago. As you can see, it is an entirely different battery once again. (notice the 4 prong positive). At this point, nobody knows who's battery efest is re-wrapping on this one.

efest3000-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think the 4 prong one is the LG HG2. I saw some that were HG2's. That is an acceptable substitute for the 30Q if they had a shortage of 30Q's (which there was over the past few months) and is OK in my mind.

If this MH1 thing is true though, then I am appalled. Going to run some testing on our latest shipment, although Mooch's results are generally good so I expect I'll find the same thing. Doing that is not OK.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Confirmed I checked all of our stock, our last shipment was December 8th, and everything we have is still the version that's likely the Samsung 30Q and tests out as a great 20A battery. I'm wondering if maybe they screwed up a batch at some point and accidentally mixed in some MH1's.

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know companies want to make the dollars off the dummies but shouldn't reputable suppliers drop the efest line of batteries? Given the unlimited amount of data out on these batteries now I don't think it would take a decent attorney much effort to go after the local vendor, distributor and efest when one of these vents and hurts someone badly.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We did have a couple customers send us back batteries. Seems like our stock just had a couple "easter eggs", so far seems like probably 1 out of 600 or so were wrong. If anyone else has gotten the 3000mAh Efests you might want to check them. We tested the offending wrong ones, we had the 3rd version that Mooch didn't have. Results were similarly bad. Luckily I don't believe it to be unsafe, these cells have huge internal resistance so it'll just seem like it has very little mAh and cut out after a few vapes...won't really get a chance to heat up that much.

More detail, pics, and results: http://liionwholesale.com/blogs/rev...st-3000mah-cell-change-news-update-12-23-2015

VU Sponsors