Become a Patron!

Efest 18650 imr

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've heard a lot of debates on them as far as there fake an there's no such thing as a 35 amp 18650. Someone please tell me if I should send them back. The current set it would be on it an IPV mini 30 watt w/the subtank nano .5 ohm coil. If anyone thinks I should send them back please don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just stuck my .45 build on my ipv mini 2 with an efest 18650 20a parked inside of it. Im skeptical as well, as I noticed my device got pretty hot only after firing the thing like 3 or 4 times. But maybe it's just something totally new that I'm experiencing. 20amps should be enough if I dont plan on building to .1 ohm.

vaping_jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i had both and now only purchase samsung for my regulated devices. I hear the LGs are good also, but definately dissapointed in all my efests batteries 18350 etc

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i had both and now only purchase samsung for my regulated devices. I hear the LGs are good also, but definately dissapointed in all my efests batteries 18350 etc

Why though?

vaping_jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The efast didnt seem to last as long as the samsung, and of all the batteries i had so far the efast was first to go . i brought two efast and 2 samsungs at the same time one efast went bad the other doesnt seem to be holding its charge as much any more so i assume it too will die soon

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The efast didnt seem to last as long as the samsung, and of all the batteries i had so far the efast was first to go . i brought two efast and 2 samsungs at the same time one efast went bad the other doesnt seem to be holding its charge as much any more so i assume it too will die soon

Good observation. I actually ordered a samsung 35 a on monday. I'm gonna see if I can tell the difference and report back.

ToxicSludge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try looking around here, www.orbtronic.com. I buy all of my batteries there.I run the PD 2900 in both of my vamo's,both with a nautilus/1.8ohm dual coils.They are 10 amp batts,but they do carry some wild 30 amp batts,but I have no experience with those.I can tell you though that Orbtronic has excellent service/shipping,and if you have any questions at all,Sal will answer them,( the owner).

Lil T Flex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run Imren in my box. Of all the batteries I've had, they're definately my favorite. I dare say they're performing better than my VCT's. Sorry not sorry

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a pair of Efest 3100 mAh "20A", which I bought on a whim at my local B&M without checking - silly me: they're really re-wrapped Panasonic NCR18650BE batteries, and only supply 6.4 A. Fucking ripoff! These are my first, but also my last Efest purchase.

If you're interested, here's a page that tells the truth about the various battery brands:

http://dampfakkus.de/akku_liste-nach-groesse.php?size=18650

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've heard a lot of debates on them as far as there fake an there's no such thing as a 35 amp 18650. Someone please tell me if I should send them back. The current set it would be on it an IPV mini 30 watt w/the subtank nano .5 ohm coil. If anyone thinks I should send them back please don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks

If they say 35 amp and are the 2500mah series battery they are LG HE2 batteries....they are 20 amp continuous with a 35 amp burst...with a .5 coil and 35 watts or less power they should be fine...youll draw 8.4 amps from them at 35 watts on 4.2v which would be a freshly charged battery.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Those Efests are re-wrapped LGs, I believe. Efest does a lot of rewrap. Samsung 25R is a good bet. Check out imrbatteries.com for a good and authentic buy. They might also still be doing their giveaways. Always check the battery junkies thread.

I just stuck my .45 build on my ipv mini 2 with an efest 18650 20a parked inside of it. Im skeptical as well, as I noticed my device got pretty hot only after firing the thing like 3 or 4 times. But maybe it's just something totally new that I'm experiencing. 20amps should be enough if I dont plan on building to .1 ohm.

I experienced the same heat with a Kanger Nano using the stock 1.2 Ohm OCC, on this battery. What was the conclsuion to your question. I'm also interested.

I have a pair of Efest 3100 mAh "20A", which I bought on a whim at my local B&M without checking - silly me: they're really re-wrapped Panasonic NCR18650BE batteries, and only supply 6.4 A. Fucking ripoff! These are my first, but also my last Efest purchase.

If you're interested, here's a page that tells the truth about the various battery brands:

http://dampfakkus.de/akku_liste-nach-groesse.php?size=18650

Excellent link to your resource. Thanks Giraut!

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I unwrapped an efest.
I am not 100% sure, but I have found that there are batteries rewrapped and the ones that are still have the imprint on them.
IDK jury is still out on that IMO.
I have built a duel zipper build and it is at .12 I wanted to see just how the battery did with 10 second firing and honestly they didn't even get hot.
I got them off of vapordna but for that unwrapping. However I did want to see what it would do at that high of an amp output. The battery didn't get hot at all. I stick to my samsungs or sonys though just because I trust them .

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Efest,Vamped and any of the "vape batteries" are rewrapped something they don't manufacture batteries. LG ,Samsung and Panasonic are the way to go,and VTCs are not made anymore and I would not trust any out there now.imho

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using efest batteries in a itaste SVD2.0 for a couple months, no problems. I ordered a couple Samsung 25R batteries, and put one in the unit today. I'll see if there's a dramatic increase in battery life.

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using efest batteries in a itaste SVD2.0 for a couple months, no problems. I ordered a couple Samsung 25R batteries, and put one in the unit today. I'll see if there's a dramatic increase in battery life.
Yes that's a 20 watt regulated mod almost any high mah battery will be fine in it, you are not pushing high amps.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The SVD2 chip has a 6 amp limit so either battery is sufficient. Nor is there likely to be a dramatic difference early on. How they react in holding a charge once they start accumulating a higher number of charge cycles may be a different matter.

TwitchVaperMVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
eFest claims that they no longer rewrap because of the uproar over rewrapping LG HE2 batteries. Take that as you will, but personally I've had no issues with any eFest batteries.

Also, I don't really care if something is rewrapped or not, as long as the specs are accurate. AWs are all rewrapped cells and nobody complains...

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
eFest claims that they no longer rewrap because of the uproar over rewrapping LG HE2 batteries. Take that as you will, but personally I've had no issues with any eFest batteries.

Also, I don't really care if something is rewrapped or not, as long as the specs are accurate. AWs are all rewrapped cells and nobody complains...

True AW are but they don't claim to be 35-40 amp batteries. Efest doesn't manufacture batteries so them saying the don't rewrap means ... ?

TwitchVaperMVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's just a matter of whether or not you believe them. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because I have no reason not to. eFest wasn't the only company selling "35A" 2500mAh batteries that were actually 35 pulse and 20 continuous, so I don't know why they get so much shit for it. It wasn't like they were trying to hide the fact that they were rewrapping LG batteries (which many vendors advertised as 35A as well) so they're still good by me. And as I said before, they claimed to have learned their lesson, and that all their new batteries are not rewraps.

The amp limit spec is going to be determined by the marketing department anyway. For example, the engineers may say it's 25A continuous, but they test it and find that the battery doesn't start to heat up until it's drawing more than 38A. So they call it a Maximum Continuous Discharge Rate and market it as a 38A continuous. Whether you agree with that practice or not is irrelevant because it actually makes sense from a business perspective. The engineers want to play it safe with conservative numbers, and marketing wants to stretch that number to increase sales. That isn't an eFest-exclusive practice.

That being said, I've used the eFest 38A 2100mAh at upwards of 30A without issue. Granted, the voltage drop was probably enough to drop the current draw to less than that, but it makes me feel better to have more headroom. When you start hearing stories about batteries going nuclear at below the CDR, then there will be something to worry about. For myself and others I know, we've never had a problem with eFest. In fact, they've all performed very well and don't heat up at all with the builds we use.

I'm not trashing your choice of battery, or saying that you should start using eFest. Use whatever works for you. I'm just saying that eFest catches a lot of flak and I don't think it's necessarily deserved. They seem like a legit company that may have made mistakes, but are genuinely trying to improve and push the market, and they seem to take customer feedback seriously. That's more than I can say for the majority of e-cig manufacturers out there.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have had no issues with my Efest purple 18350's in my Provari Mini, but my 18650's don't perform as well as my AW 18650's in my Magneto even with higher ohm builds. They function fine, they just don't last as long.
I agree that Efest catches a lot of flak, but there are MUCH better batteries for only a little more coin.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For my Reo/Woodvil I like the AW 18650. For my other mechs I like the Samsung 25R, and the Sony VTC4. I started with a couple of Efest batteries, but they won't fit in anything but the Panzer mod. After reading about them being rewrapped, and possibly untrustworthy, that made me hesitant to buy more. So if Sony quits making the VTC4, I will just stick with AW, and Samsung, from now on. The AW will NOT fit in my SMPL mod, because of the button top. I have been pleased with all 3 brands, that I currently buy.

VU Sponsors