Become a Patron!

Efest publicly insinuates Mooch is a liar

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, but I'm going to say it. Efest is one of the most disgusting battery re-wrapper's out there.

Recently Mooch tested some so called 35amp purple wrap Efest batteries that came out to actually being a 10amp re-wrap of an LG-MH1.

A user, armed with this info sends efest a letter with the test results, and this is their answer, where Efest in so many words calls Mooch a liar. Mooch is a widely and highly regarded tester, who is brutally honest, doesn't sell batteries, and isn't paid by any battery company to do reviews, thus, no conflict of interest. Here is his response.

Whatever the mistakes Efest made by substituting an inferior battery, whether by accident or on purpose, their response is dishonest and Way over the line, and shows the true colors of a company who doesn't give a shit about the safety of their customer's. Apparently, they don't care about their own image either. Efest made a video to show how Mooch is lying, and says "video doesn't lie", and has since removed it.

Personally, I will never purchase an Efest product, whether be it a battery or a charger, since they actually manufacture neither.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all about being truthful that is sorely lacking. The battery in question isn't a bad battery since Efest re-wrapped an LG MH1 with their pretty purple wrap. It's the blatant lying about the specs of the battery and the inability to own up to it in case it was a mistake. Instead they decide to take the low road and blame it on someone else.. Efest obviously re-wraps what ever the heck they want and has no batch system, which isn't surprising since they don't actually manufacture anything other than printed purple labels.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
A good reputation is hard to gain, easy to lose, and can be nearly impossible to regain, once lost. Looks like Efest is about to learn this lesson the hard way.

Does VW have, or pan to have, an electric vehicle? Maybe Efest can sell them some batteries?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just finished reading all the docs, and the Mooch response is compelling. I have only ever bought one Efest product, a SODA charger, and would never buy an Efest batt. I use only LG and Samsung batts, and discourage anybody who asks me fron buying Efest.

The key point Mooch makes is as I see it, that either Efest is misrepresenting their batts, or their authentication systen is useless. Which is worse is difficult to decide.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"but as all known, testing result will be different from different testing machines". ???? quote from Efests response. Seems to me there's only two ways, the re-wrappers way and the correct and honest way. Re-branding a product isn't an issue but honesty in labeling is. If the video doesn't lie why take it down?? Have you looked at Efests web site? Pretty girls all in a row and pretty purple battery's but no real information.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
On a humorous note, I'm ordering some batt wraps, that will transform my chocolate LG's to "Ultrafires".

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2157403

Nice! You can sell them under that name, then when a customer who was trying to buy a bomb complains that his "Ultrafires" didn't blow up like he expected, you can post a video of a stick of TNT with "Ultrafire" written on it exploding and say they're wrong and that "video doesn't lie".

On a more serious note...ugh, Efest. Why do even the ones that most of the time rewrap good batteries also have to do this stuff?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've read the posts and responses not on VU. What I see is a typical DRARV situation. Deny, Reject Accuse, Reverse, Victim methodology. It's very common in PR and in politics and business. Efest got called on the carpet for BS claims and rather dangerous ones at that. Their response was to not lose face and parry what they saw as an attack. Either way, Efest has no business selling batteries that are blatantly dishonest in their claimed output.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL. That's wrong on so many levels. Besides what's wrong with a battery that looks like a turd?

Well, I have a good reason. Cost of Ultrafire batt wraps? $1.01. Gut splitting laughter after I return my buddy's mod to him with a spiffy new heavy duty 510 replacing his old broken one, and hearing him on the phone losing his shit when he sees his LG's are now "Ultrafires"? Priceless.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shady, price-gouging, spec-overstating battery re-wrapper gives shady response when called out for said shady practices... ..big surprise.

Efest has always annoyed me. I hate having to explain to people that there is no such thing as a 35A 18650 IMR. As decent as their batteries have been in the past, it's always been hard to get behind a company that lies to its customers at the expense of their safety.

That aside, I wonder where they go from here. It'll be interesting to see if they change their image, or if something like this is even enough to impact sales in such a way as to prompt so much as an apology. At the very least, I think someone in their customer service department might just be out of a job for this one. They could not have fielded that inquiry more poorly.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shady, price-gouging, spec-overstating battery re-wrapper gives shady response when called out for said shady practices... ..big surprise.

Efest has always annoyed me. I hate having to explain to people that there is no such thing as a 35A 18650 IMR. As decent as their batteries have been in the past, it's always been hard to get behind a company that lies to its customers at the expense of their safety.

That aside, I wonder where they go from here. It'll be interesting to see if they change their image, or if something like this is even enough to impact sales in such a way as to prompt so much as an apology. At the very least, I think someone in their customer service department might just be out of a job for this one. They could not have fielded that inquiry more poorly.

No, you are dealing with China here. Impacting sales is the only language they understand besides that of money. That's why they went after Mooch. It's the same in vaping as it is in solar panels, or LED lightbulbs.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you are dealing with China here. Impacting sales is the only language they understand besides that of money. That's why they went after Mooch. It's the same in vaping as it is in solar panels, or LED lightbulbs.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect more. And unfortunately, this probably isn't enough to stop a significant number of people from buying efest. People have already been saying "DON'T buy Efest!" for years and they are still wildly popular.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This shit isnt news, its been known efest rewrapped shitty cells. People bought em anyway and stupid asses will probably continue buying them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can't really blame most people for having a lack of information though. There's such an extraordinary percentage of vapers who aren't on forums. Rewraps aren't a huge news story and the companies like Efest aren't recalling them while sending out press releases. Vape shops/online retailers are buying/selling them... and those aren't the places that would give customers a heads up.

It's not like Dewalt stuck 35V stickers on their 20V batts. The outcry from that would be insane and retail chains would put pressure on Stanley Black & Decker to get their act together.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of honesty can you expect from a company that their business definition is to sell products disguised as another products.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What kind of honesty can you expect from a company that their business definition is to sell products disguised as another products.

Obviously they realize the risk vs reward works in their favor.

Here's a hypothetical for you...
--You need a run-of-the-mill 20A battery, and you're on a budget.
--You know that the EXACT battery you want is inside an inexpensive Efest that has a 35A sleeve on it... AND you can easily get over the irony that their logo has flames shooting out of it.
--Do you buy it? You will say no. But...
--If a single person from a vaping forum is armed with the above information and still buys it, Efest wins.

Discuss.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ehhem... Well fuck you too Efest. I've never bought your products, and now I never will even if you do start rewrapping LG HB2s and HG2s. Efest is possibly the single worst thing that has ever happened to vaping aside from newbies who think that putting a sub-ohm tank on a hybrid mech is a good idea because it looks cool.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can't really blame most people for having a lack of information though. There's such an extraordinary percentage of vapers who aren't on forums. Rewraps aren't a huge news story and the companies like Efest aren't recalling them while sending out press releases. Vape shops/online retailers are buying/selling them... and those aren't the places that would give customers a heads up.

It's not like Dewalt stuck 35V stickers on their 20V batts. The outcry from that would be insane and retail chains would put pressure on Stanley Black & Decker to get their act together.
It's the same as the 'subohm cell" and "Vamped '
A fairly new vapor I work with showed up with a subohm cell becsuse he thought it "looked cool"

Yeah, that's what's important.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
showed up with a subohm cell

lol I had to look it up. He must have been heavily influenced by Duracell as a young child. The similarity of their "design" is similar right down to the font. I predict, the first time Duracell recieves an email about howthe new Duracell "sub cell" is a POS, Subcell will be litigated out of existance.

Google "South Butt" for an example of how humorous large multinationals are about ANY design that is slightly similar to theirs.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lol I had to look it up. He must have been heavily influenced by Duracell as a young child. The similarity of their "design" is similar right down to the font. I predict, the first time Duracell recieves an email about howthe new Duracell "sub cell" is a POS, Subcell will be litigated out of existance.
I hope they make something useful first. Like a tube mod with vibrating function.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can you imaging all the sueage over the chipped teeth? lolol
Brings to mind some old blond jokes...

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn, I read this thread a day too late.

Are you guys saying EVERY single battery Efest "makes" is a fake piece of crap?!? If so, do you guys think vapenw will accept an exchange for the 3 batteries that I just bought?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Are you guys saying EVERY single battery Efest "makes" is a fake piece of crap?!? If so, do you guys think vapenw will accept an exchange for the 3 batteries that I just bought?
Most Efests are fine but you can't trust the amp ratings, most are 20A batteries but some have tested out as 10 - 15 amps you never know.
I have one that's been fine for 6 months before I noticed a drop off and I've since relegated it to flashlight duty. I think what were saying is stick with OEM batteries not re-wraps that inflate there specs because you always know what your getting.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Im fairly sure that batteries are like underwear with returns. Im a little overboard;but, as a rule I only use Samsung and Sony from. Rtd and luiionwholesale. The 1or2 dollar more I spend per battery is worth it for peace if mind. I bought some fake rewraps early on,from amazon-that taught me a painful lesson .

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the responses fellas!

Lesson learned, will never buy Efest products & will spread the word too. Believe it or not Sony VtC4's are $1.50 cheaper at vapenw.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Lesson learned, will never buy Efest products & will spread the word too. Believe it or not Sony VtC4's are $1.50 cheaper at vapenw.
That's because they kept the original wrapper.
Lmao! -kidding, sorta.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OEM manufactures are Sony, Samsung and LG everyone else re-wraps there B stocks.
B stocks are ether older inventory or don''t quite meet spec to have the OEM name on them. Not necessarily a bad battery but is it a 25r or something else under that wrapper you never know. I suggest Liionwholesale.com as a trusted dealer with good prices.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

OEM's are almost always cheaper than re-wraps. I will add that Efest chargers are well liked but the batteries get no love.

Last edited:

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It should be illegal to rewrap batteries & charge a higher price! Really surprised that these bastards are pulling this off

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Re-branding is a common business practice that's not the problem. The problem is when someone calls a 20 amp battery a 35 or 40 amp or worse yet a 10 amp labeled as a 35 amp. Someone puts it in a sub-ohm mech and boom instant Chinese cherry bomb and you tube video.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
^^^ what he said!

Alot of the changing of spec is pulse rating and/or skewing if the +-tolerance of error.
The problem is you have the big three manufacturers seconds going into one bin and being rewrapped so when they come out the other end and you don't know what the hell is what. Now take two from there blindly and marry them into a dual battery mid and now they are discharging at different rates. That's not necessarily a promise of a catastrophic failure; but, you've greatly increased the chance.
And why?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't understand Efests response in the first place. Perception is reality, and making a big stink about this justs makes things worse and they look bush league. A small change on their part and a simple apology of some sort, and they look like a responsive, caring company. Now, it's bad publicity in a competitive market, and I bet it affects sales adversely. I won't buy from them again on general principal. Great response, Mooch!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Efest is so 2010 vaping. 3-5 amp tootle puffing. Lol Efest needs to shut it down, or label their batteries correctly.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bump

Since some people don't read anymore than the first few titles of threads on their cell phones

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not bought an efest rewrap especially after that vapefest thing where they had huge stocks of them and refused to sell or limited how many people could buy.
Sorry not communist China here guys and those tatics did not set well with this vaper when people were in need and wanting batteries.

VU Sponsors