Become a Patron!

Eff you Wismec

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate to take chances with mods that are known for shitty 510s but......Fuck you Wismec
25a626ed75d893da78ce8605e5bd7eef.jpg
0cc7fa1fccab8958f24bbd3616d56b7d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SMFH! People just gotta stop buying their shit with their garbage 510's. Then and only then will they start using a better 510. As long as people keep buying their junk and making excuses for them nothing will change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that sucks, was that just press fitted in there?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Doubt they will take it back but I contacted Vapenw

First of all, this really stinks!
And Wismec (and all other manufacturers) should have the brains to use the best 510 connector available since that is the part that really has to stand the test of time.

As far as returning it to VapeNW let us know what happens please.

From what I have heard, they ain't big on returns period!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I don't see any signs of adhesive at all

That is just fucking stupid of wismec, press fitting the main mechanical spot of the mod ensuring eventual failure, dumb assholes

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I like his designs. The Reauleaux was ground breaking. It's the execution of his designs that suck. If they would use quality materials their mods would be tough to beat.

the looks? sure, but the actual parts designs like the 510 pin? or too thin wiring? nah. maybe it wasn't him that picked those parts but the cheap corner cutting on their mods is pretty bad.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the looks? sure, but the actual parts designs like the 510 pin? or too thin wiring? nah. maybe it wasn't him that picked those parts but the cheap corner cutting on their mods is pretty bad.
Exactly, that's my point. He makes a great looking mod but then some bean counter fucks it up by building it with shit materials. Hey, what do they care? People still keep buying their mods.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Exactly, that's my point. He makes a great looking mod but then some bean counter fucks it up by building it with shit materials. Hey, what do they care? People still keep buying their mods.

if only people would do more research but it's not the only industry that suffers form it. plenty of shit products are top sellers. it's the power of advertising and them most likely paying off reviewers.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if only people would do more research but it's not the only industry that suffers form it. plenty of shit products are top sellers. it's the power of advertising and them most likely paying off reviewers.
It's the power of advertising but also the willful ignorance of consumers.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How did this happen so I can avoid this

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as returning it to VapeNW let us know what happens please.
From what I have heard, they ain't big on returns period!

Not only that but I also heard that many vape manufacturers will not honor warranties on product bought from VapeNW because they charge wholesale prices to retail customers on a lot of their mods. I don't know if it's true. But they seem to have the reputation of FT among vape manufacturers.

Sometimes cheapest price isn't the best.

Let us know how it goes.

My solution to save the 510 on my mods is...

http://vapespider.com/?s=510+fin

Not everyone likes them as the add a few mm to the height of your tank/rda, but I like 'em.

If you look up cheap in a dictionary is wismec in the list yet?

It will be in the 2018 editions of most dictionaries.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not only that but I also heard that many vape manufacturers will not honor warranties on product bought from VapeNW because they charge wholesale prices to retail customers on a lot of their mods. I don't know if it's true. But they seem to have the reputation of FT among vape manufacturers.

Sometimes cheapest price isn't the best.

Let us know how it goes.

It will be in the 2018 editions of most dictionaries.
vapenw has always given me good service overall. plus you can call and speak to a real person in the USA.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that really sucks. I hope that doesn't happen to mine, but if it does, I hope it's within the return period that MyFreedomSmokes has. If not, I guess I'll be using some heavy duty epoxy to try and fix it. It's my first Wismec product and taking this into consideration, probably my last. Don't want to have to worry about this kind of BS. Makes me wonder what corners were cut on the internals. This kind of thing makes me feel better about spending the money I did on my Therion mod because that thing is solid as a rock.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After reading this post I am inspecting my rx to make sure it doesn't shit on me...... already had a vt133 go to hell...

I am sorry that wismec sucks balls, hopefully you get the return without any hassle. Fucking press fit....wtf

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm curious now, what do i need to look at to see the sheit? (i already know you will say all of it...)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
UPDATE 1: VapeNW will take it back as it has a 90 day warranty however it will be returned on my dime and it will be reduced by 20% due to a restocking fee

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Puff Don't tighten your attys too hard and don't leave it in your pocket, it's likely that mine weakened over time from screwing and unscrewing attys and having it in my pocket.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It was the only way they could find to REDESIGN it and make it worse than the previous version.
to be fair, it's a lot closer to what other mods use. the positive pin on it is pretty much the same as ijoy and smok. as is the grounding. it's the negative threading enclosure being press fitted on.
More companies should ground off to the 510 enclosure not that it's needed, but i feel it works better. i mean all things considered it's pretty typical to ground off in the dirt for portable power. the battlestar grounds off to the 510 and i haven't hear a single issue on it and it performs great

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that looks shitty!
My experience with 510s on Wismec devices has been non eventful.
However, the joytech 510s are another story altogether.
If mine pulls out I'm gonna drill it out and put a real 510 on there.
Replace the wire with PTFE coated pure silver wire as well.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That blows.

I am looking suspiciously at the one next to me. I bought this one as another work beater and was more concerned with how it would deal with dust and stuff, but now I will have to worry about it falling apart on me.

VU Sponsors