Become a Patron!

Eff you Wismec

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yup... If you remember "The Days Of The Clones!!!" I know I would find out who made the best Kayfun Lite, who made the best Stingray clone etc... EHPro Killed it on the Kayfun Lite V2, Tobeco made a great Stingray clone, and HCIGAR made one that was a complete piece of shit.

Which of those companies is still thriving? Hcigar. They teamed with Evolv, and I enjoy their products.

No one company is really consistent yet in this game. It's starting to come to the surface now through time, and thus how the companies react. Wismec, as has been said, pretty much told us to go pound sand from the get go. I was a November 2015 DNA 200 Reaulaux customer. I didn't even bother contacting them about the screen ribbon issue they knew about, and did nothing about. I fixed it myself. Seems to be the same old game.

I know that money isn't plentiful for most, but I wouldn't use one of those unless it were properly fixed. Like new 510 fitted and installed fixed. It's just not worth the risk. Your probably better off with a mechanical mod that is fully functional. If they 510 is as it is, I'd be inspecting insulation and grounding throughout. Just me, but a 510 falling out is a mod I put down. It hurts, but that price range, I'd return it, if you can't, I'd replace it. My iPV4 has been collecting dust almost as long as I've owned it, due to their little game of insufficient insulation. I bucked up and replaced it. Stopped using it almost immediately, and I was pissed.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but if you can't trust the 510 to stay put, which is ground/earth, I consider that also unfit to trust the chipset, and the whole assembly. I'm probably being overly cautious in that sentiment, but thats generally the way I tend to sway.

Just my drawn out, but humble opinion.
LMAO i remember those days. i had a russian 91% clone. I remember hcgiar and ehpro being the top cloners and tobecco being 3rd. infinite was another good cloner.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LMAO i remember those days. i had a russian 91% clone. I remember hcgiar and ehpro being the top cloners and tobecco being 3rd. infinite was another good cloner.
Before I got into finding authentics for good prices, I bought 2 Copper Cartel Clones, and put the original upgraded spring in. Infinite made those, and they're pretty damn great. I lol when I think about how I used to watch videos about the best clone, inline voltage drop, etc...

I may love my mechs, but we've come a long way. LOL.

Back more on topic...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Before I got into finding authentics for good prices, I bought 2 Copper Cartel Clones, and put the original upgraded spring in. Infinite made those, and they're pretty damn great. I lol when I think about how I used to watch videos about the best clone, inline voltage drop, etc...

I may love my mechs, but we've come a long way. LOL.

Back more on topic...
long long way man. things are much different now then they used to be

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
long long way man. things are much different now then they used to be
I swear I'll stop off topic after this, lol. I just remembered when the Hana DNA 30's came out, and It was like a revolution. Fired to .5! Then came the Cana Clones... I think I almost dropped a good 130 + on one, and a friend told me not to. I was glad.

To conclude, It still happens, sometimes they are worthy... but these days you should never be getting a clone unless you explicitly want it. No moral judgement, just that these companies finally started making their own mods and attys. Some are damn good too... they should've done it earlier.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I swear I'll stop off topic after this, lol. I just remembered when the Hana DNA 30's came out, and It was like a revolution. Fired to .5! Then came the Cana Clones... I think I almost dropped a good 130 + on one, and a friend told me not to. I was glad.

To conclude, It still happens, sometimes they are worthy... but these days you should never be getting a clone unless you explicitly want it. No moral judgement, just that these companies finally started making their own mods and attys. Some are damn good too... they should've done it earlier.
yeah i was pretty much forced into mechs to stay of chewing tobacco. the regulated devices back then didn't have the power i needed. i went from an ego c twist to an evic 11 watt mod to a mech mod in the span of less then 2 months. even the hyped flaor of the kaifun wasn't enough for me. I never understood it. so i pretty much used just mechs and RDAs. i remember when i got the patriot RDA drilled the holes a little bigger. squeezed a quad coil in it and it was a revelation lol. it was my I can stay off tobacco moment.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah i was pretty much forced into mechs to stay of chewing tobacco. the regulated devices back then didn't have the power i needed. i went from an ego c twist to an evic 11 watt mod to a mech mod in the span of less then 2 months. even the hyped flaor of the kaifun wasn't enough for me. I never understood it. so i pretty much used just mechs and RDAs. i remember when i got the patriot RDA drilled the holes a little bigger. squeezed a quad coil in it and it was a revelation lol. it was my I can stay off tobacco moment.
Lol. Swear I'm done after this. I was in love with a mech and a 1.2 build on a Kayfun. I mastered those mofo's, lol. I still have 6. I had a constant rotation ready. I vaped one a few months ago and it was really telling how far we've come. The flavor was incredible back then, and now it's just dull, to me at least. Man nailing wicking those took a bit, and they hated heat. I worked in my car and constantly had vacuum issues from cold or heat.

I'm done now. Back to bashing the Predator...

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember those day's when I first started I used a Safe cig then to the Volcano Inferno Good tanks were just not around, then I read about Provari Bought one and waited on a long list. This Mod arrived and Holy cow it did the trick, we still waited for a good tank, then came the MAP tank and the rest is history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Lol. Swear I'm done after this. I was in love with a mech and a 1.2 build on a Kayfun. I mastered those mofo's, lol. I still have 6. I had a constant rotation ready. I vaped one a few months ago and it was really telling how far we've come. The flavor was incredible back then, and now it's just dull, to me at least. Man nailing wicking those took a bit, and they hated heat. I worked in my car and constantly had vacuum issues from cold or heat.

I'm done now. Back to bashing the Predator...
LMAO it's always a good time to reminisce. but yeah back to the predator, it's a shame cause outside of that 1 major flaw it really is a good mod

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm wondering about the effort needed for replacing the factory 510 with a good one, the likes of fatdaddy or varitube...
No one tried that so far?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm wondering about the effort needed for replacing the factory 510 with a good one, the likes of fatdaddy or varitube...
it would probably take some modifications of the casing to make it fit. it'll likely be too tall as well so may need to cut off some of the battery trey if possible. I haven't taken the predator apart personally yet

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No one tried that so far?
The 510's are cheap, but as @SirRichardRear said, you would need to modify stuff. I also don't know if there's room for a low profile one in the stock location. Unless it's for fun, which I understand, I don't think it would be worth it. Just my opinion...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Knowing its shortcomings, my Predator now lives a quiet life at home where it's highly unlikely to get damaged. So do my RX300 and my Presa TC100W.

Incidentally, all my Wismec mods have somewhat unstable resistance. Considering the dodgy electrical connection between the casing and the 510 insert, that's not terribly surprising. It's kind of annoying since I only vape in TC mode. But then since the mods stay at home and don't move much, it's more or less okay.

Good thing I have plenty of mods to choose from when I pick two to go out every morning. But those who can only afford one device and picked up a Wismec must be pissed off to high heaven. I know I would be...

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow folks Wismec posted it's ad on my Facebook Page advertising the products they sale well in a nice way I posted this stuff on the Predator 510 problem and I stated I was very disappointed as this was my very first Wismec product and that I will not be supporting kind of business, to my surprise they posted We are working on this problem and that they are sorry this is caused me grief. This could be a step in the right direction for Wismec.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow folks Wismec posted it's ad on my Facebook Page advertising the products they sale well in a nice way I posted this stuff on the Predator 510 problem and I stated I was very disappointed as this was my very first Wismec product and that I will not be supporting kind of business, to my surprise they posted We are working on this problem and that they are sorry this is caused me grief. This could be a step in the right direction for Wismec.

I'll believe it when i see it. they've been working on it for 3+ years

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wouldn't it be nice if all the online vendors got together and sent every Wismec product they have on their shelves back to Wismec. Included in the shipment would be a note explaining that they refuse to ever sell anymore Wismec products if this situation is not handled in a fair, expeditious manner. I bet you it would get handled lickity split.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wouldn't it be nice if all the online vendors got together and sent every Wismec product they have on their shelves back to Wismec. Included in the shipment would be a note explaining that they refuse to ever sell anymore Wismec products if this situation is not handled in a fair, expeditious manner. I bet you you it would get handled lickity split.

that would be awesome!

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My First Wismec experience, the track record is not good from what I learned, I hope they do something and change the way folks look at this Wismec Brand , they do have choices and choosing the wrong choice on their part will have consequences.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All this talk of shady 510's had me a bit concerned. In searching for an 18650 mod for my mom, she wanted something small as possible and I found the wismec presa tc75w. Not exactly a tube mod but one of the more narrow mods (even more so than a pico). The firing bar was a plus, no more pressure on her finger tips.

So I checked it out visually and at least from a glance the 510 appears to be different on that one vs the rx 2/3, predator etc. Not sure if it's press fit or not, the top of the 510 isn't flush with the mod body, it's a little recessed so maybe the body extends over the 510 thread portion? Breathed a sigh of relief thinking whew, might have dodged a bullet.

I shit you not, a day later she's having issues with it. The screen went funky where every other pixel seemed to be lit up. Then it went dark, turned it off and a line appeared at the bottom of the display. Plugged it in, powered it on and off. Screen came back for maybe 10min and looked like it was fixed, then poof. Still fires but 0 screen, can't see if/when it's charging, what mode it's in, wattage, battery life, nada.

Damn thing looks mint, she's had it around 5mo, 6mo tops. No paint scratches, she's never dropped it. No catastrophic floods/leaks. I'd help her find something different but she likes the presa so looks like she'll be getting another to replace it. Fuckin wismec strikes again. lol.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All this talk of shady 510's had me a bit concerned. In searching for an 18650 mod for my mom, she wanted something small as possible and I found the wismec presa tc75w. Not exactly a tube mod but one of the more narrow mods (even more so than a pico). The firing bar was a plus, no more pressure on her finger tips.

So I checked it out visually and at least from a glance the 510 appears to be different on that one vs the rx 2/3, predator etc. Not sure if it's press fit or not, the top of the 510 isn't flush with the mod body, it's a little recessed so maybe the body extends over the 510 thread portion? Breathed a sigh of relief thinking whew, might have dodged a bullet.

I shit you not, a day later she's having issues with it. The screen went funky where every other pixel seemed to be lit up. Then it went dark, turned it off and a line appeared at the bottom of the display. Plugged it in, powered it on and off. Screen came back for maybe 10min and looked like it was fixed, then poof. Still fires but 0 screen, can't see if/when it's charging, what mode it's in, wattage, battery life, nada.

Damn thing looks mint, she's had it around 5mo, 6mo tops. No paint scratches, she's never dropped it. No catastrophic floods/leaks. I'd help her find something different but she likes the presa so looks like she'll be getting another to replace it. Fuckin wismec strikes again. lol.
I have the presa 100. Install artic Fox on it. If her problems is software related, it may help.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

:facepalm:

If she only needs max 75 watts why not the Joyetech VTwo? It contains 97% more metal parts than a Wismec. :D

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the presa 100. Install artic Fox on it. If her problems is software related, it may help.
Thanks, I might try. Not sure if needing to read the screen is crucial during the upgrade or not. I'll give it a try once she's got her replacement.

:facepalm:

If she only needs max 75 watts why not the Joyetech VTwo? It contains 97% more metal parts than a Wismec. :D
She likes the size/shape of the wismec. I tried suggesting a bunch of others to her, it's one of the closest to a cylinder that's out there. The vtwo is wider and deeper. Ideally she prefers something smaller like an ego type pen but by the time you get to something compatible with 18650's it becomes really tall once you factor the cap, battery, board/screen etc. Plus screens on regulated tubes are kinda small, she has a hard enough time seeing the presa screen. She's tried my alien, she's not a fan. It's way too big in her opinion, she's got small hands and what seems to be the start of arthritis.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I might try. Not sure if needing to read the screen is crucial during the upgrade or not. I'll give it a try once she's got her replacement.

She likes the size/shape of the wismec. I tried suggesting a bunch of others to her, it's one of the closest to a cylinder that's out there. The vtwo is wider and deeper. Ideally she prefers something smaller like an ego type pen but by the time you get to something compatible with 18650's it becomes really tall once you factor the cap, battery, board/screen etc. Plus screens on regulated tubes are kinda small, she has a hard enough time seeing the presa screen. She's tried my alien, she's not a fan. It's way too big in her opinion, she's got small hands and what seems to be the start of arthritis.
The Aspire CF MOD is not very tall, and it has no screen, but it's a single 18650 battery regulated tube mod.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is this an issue for the joyetech mods as well? I thought the primo had an updated 510; I really want a primo mini so I'm hoping it's not the same bullshit.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So is this an issue for the joyetech mods as well? I thought the primo had an updated 510; I really want a primo mini so I'm hoping it's not the same bullshit.
The primo has a shit 510. I have the original and it's the same as the rx300 and hedron. The new 2.0 is the same as the predator.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The primo has a shit 510. I have the original and it's the same as the rx300 and hedron. The new 2.0 is the same as the predator.

Ugh.

I'm a single 18650 fan and that Primo is the bees boobs (I just coined that, #beesboobs) oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea.

Thanks @SirRichardRear , although I have a feeling I've asked this question and you've answered it before.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ugh.

I'm a single 18650 fan and that Primo is the bees boobs (I just coined that, #beesboobs) oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea.

Thanks @SirRichardRear , although I have a feeling I've asked this question and you've answered it before.
I have the dual primo. Don't know about the single one but I'd assume same 510. Could be wrong though

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I recall correctly, Joyetech, Ismoka/Eleaf and Wismec are all parts of the Joyetech organization.

Seems about time for them to sprout a new "company" whose name won't be associated with these problems. Maybe a reassuring name like "Sturdytech". Some slick new colors and shapes. Same crappy compromises.

It's still all Joyetech to me. Disposables.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly new to vaping, only 6 months now. I bought an RX 2/3 about 3 months ago. After 2 months I got the disconnected wire. I went to a tv repair shop. The technician was an Indian who didn't speak English. I showed him the problem and he looked at the wire and said it was a problem, in Arabic. In 5 minutes he replaced the wire with a thicker one . It cost $7.

I really like this mod and it works. I understand that we live in a disposable culture for the most part, so I don't see why these mods should be any different at the prices we pay for them. As stated above, if it works, great. I've been thinking I might buy a high end mod when I go to the US this summer, but after reading this discussion and thinking about it for a couple of days I think I'll buy two or three more Battlestars and call it a day.

What a fucking rabbit hole vaping is.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm fairly new to vaping, only 6 months now. I bought an RX 2/3 about 3 months ago. After 2 months I got the disconnected wire. I went to a tv repair shop. The technician was an Indian who didn't speak English. I showed him the problem and he looked at the wire and said it was a problem, in Arabic. In 5 minutes he replaced the wire with a thicker one . It cost $7.

I really like this mod and it works. I understand that we live in a disposable culture for the most part, so I don't see why these mods should be any different at the prices we pay for them. As stated above, if it works, great. I've been thinking I might buy a high end mod when I go to the US this summer, but after reading this discussion and thinking about it for a couple of days I think I'll buy two or three more Battlestars and call it a day.

If you like the 2/3 form factor the Battlestar is definitely the way to go. Great mod!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My approach to the disposable nature of today's products, as far as vaping is concerned, is this: I calculated roughly the number of years I have left on this Earth, that I need to keep tobacco-free. Then, counting on 6 month of working life on average for a mod, I bought as many of different makes/models to last me a lifetime. I did the same for atomizers.

6 months is probably way too low - especially since I tend to treat my mods carefully - but I really, REALLY need to keep off cigarettes. So the expense is worth it. The only thing is, I had to buy everything now instead of gradually, because stupid regulations and bans are coming thick and fast. It is kind of expensive upfront :/

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like the 2/3 form factor the Battlestar is definitely the way to go. Great mod!

I have one now and I like it. It's solidly built and does what I need it to do. I already have 5 mods so two more of these is enough. What I really need is a couple of high quality RDAs.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one now and I like it. It's solidly built and does what I need it to do. I already have 5 mods so two more of these is enough. What I really need is a couple of high quality RDAs.
Here's a bunch I reviewed.

Vandyvape Icon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/316958/

Vandyvape Govad
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/313144/

UD Skywalker
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/309645/

Twisted Messes Cubed
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/299966/

Augvape Druga Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319684/

BMI Nova
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319744/

Cigpet Eco RDA
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/311107

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My approach to the disposable nature of today's products, as far as vaping is concerned, is this: I calculated roughly the number of years I have left on this Earth, that I need to keep tobacco-free. Then, counting on 6 month of working life on average for a mod, I bought as many of different makes/models to last me a lifetime. I did the same for atomizers.

6 months is probably way too low - especially since I tend to treat my mods carefully - but I really, REALLY need to keep off cigarettes. So the expense is worth it. The only thing is, I had to buy everything now instead of gradually, because stupid regulations and bans are coming thick and fast. It is kind of expensive upfront :/
Hey Giraut I did the same thing, It all started 8 years ago as back in the Day Customs became a problem for awhile and then the FDA and there we're few things you could rebuild. Now its like We can build.... no coils to buy no problem. I always keep my Nicotine and coils heads and batteries stocked pretty good and call me crazy but I have saved every used sub tank coil that is being replaced because I figure someday they might come in handy. Also for every model Sub Tank I buy I always get the RBA head if it's available. I'm pretty sure I have about 15 years of products stashed. So I'm good for up To age 73.. Hum I better get more because I might live until I'm 99.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Get a few BattleStar in different colors that you like, they are a sturdy mod, I have not looked at Vape stuff for three years, I thought some new mods were in order so I fell for the Predator and bought a White one and a Red on, they are my first ever Wismec Product, I love them dearly they fit my hand well and have beautiful Colors and lots of settings. Then boom the 510 went bad, As I went and looked at the pictures of it some you can see the top , some how we missed the defect and here we sit. Sometimes in this industry you take 2 steps forward and then one step back.I will use my Predators and if Wismec flakes out I will have them repaired.. Hopefully Wismec is getting the point that consumers expect the gear to last longer than two weeks. I have older Joytech mods and they work great ..I saw a guy call them out on the 510 connections on U Tube... I also could hardly believe a company Wismec used the cheapest wire hello we are all for safety here folks.....

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a bunch I reviewed.

Vandyvape Icon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/316958/

Vandyvape Govad
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/313144/

UD Skywalker
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/309645/

Twisted Messes Cubed
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/299966/

Augvape Druga Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319684/

BMI Nova
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319744/

Cigpet Eco RDA
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/311107

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

That is so cool of you. Thanks a million.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
comment from sinuous designs on their insagram
"From Sinuous Design's instagram they stated: "we have found where the issue lies and if yours has this issue contact [email protected] talk to the customer service rep and they will get some info from you and send you new predator with a fixed 510 right away.""

I'm calling BS on this "fixed" 510 issues. i've heard it too many times

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is the only Wismec product that doesn't suck. Why? No 510 connections.
1b25350d32377205daad3fefd7e9add1.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your Wismec Predator's 510 isn't yet broken, here's a piece of advice: use it with a very light, very low profile RDA. The real danger for a weak 510 socket is heavy or long atomizers that easily subject the socket to forces that may dislodge it. With an atomizer that's light and short, even if you drop the mod, the 510 socket is very unlikely to get damaged.

If you like them tiny drippers, that's one way of turning the Predator into a normal mod that can be used in real-life without worrying.

Here's my Predator with a Mikro RDA on top for instance:

Wismec_Predator_228_with_Adler_Industries_Mikro_RDA_zpsm0hg7rq1.jpg

It looks great too with that little atty I reckon.

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
here's a piece of advice: use it with a very light, very low profile RDA

That's good advice considering what the issue is, but we shouldn't have to limit ourselves like that. It's really aggravating that Wismec didn't use any QC when the Predator was put together. I looked at the pics posted by @Paratech in this thread of the build quality after it was opened up. It's a POS build that looks nice on the exterior. It is ridiculously easy to break the 510 threaded piece so it's obvious it was slapped together, price tagged, and sent out into the market. How many 510 issues can one company have before people stop buying their products? I sent an email to wismec earlier in the week, but have no expectations that I'll hear back. I sent it anyway just so I can say I was fair about and gave them a chance to respond and offer a solution. They know there's an issue so what's the hold up in taking responsibility. The 510 on my Predator has a tiny bit of wiggle to it now so I'm assuming it won't be long and it'll come out and I refuse to baby this mod so it won't totally break. The title of this thread says it all... Eff You Wismec. I'll spend my money somewhere else.

EDIT: I know this was mentioned before, but look at the mod in your hand. The design screams for the 510 to be in the center and looking at the interior pics posted, I don't see anything that would have prevented that. Anyway... figured I'd just bitch a little more :D

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will wait and see what happens, and your right the Mod should have not come with this design problem but it did ,so I put the Uwell ll on Both of my Predator mods, lightweight and top fill design. These two Mods are at home only they are nice looking and working mods - the shady 510.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sent an email to wismec earlier in the week, but have no expectations that I'll hear back. I sent it anyway just so I can say I was fair about and gave them a chance to respond and offer a solution.

Well, I guess I have to eat a little crow here. Wismec did respond back to my email and sent me a replacement Predator. I was still within their 90 day warranty period. Whether that mattered in this case or not, I have no idea. I feel they should issue a recall and take all the broken ones back no matter if the warranty has run out because to me, it is a serious design flaw. Anyway....the person that contacted me was superb to be honest and handled everything perfectly. We went back and forth a few times using email and usually within a few minutes to maybe a half hour, the person that handled this would respond back. The replacement was sent out of California from a distributor named CHN Service. I guess they handle warranty replacements for Wismec? No idea as I've never heard of them.

The 510 threaded piece doesn't appear to be any different on the outside. I'm guessing if anything at all was done, there might have been some glue used to hold the 510 tighter. Of course I'm not certain so take that with a grain of salt. I have not attempted to disassemble it to see if anything on the inside was changed and I haven't tried to purposely break it. I think I'll let nature take its course and see if it breaks on it's own like my first Predator. If it doesn't break I'll be happy. I hope they really did produce a fix so it is okay.

There are three things I've noticed that are different:
  1. The 510 threads are sitting a little higher than my original making it so nothing sits flush on top. Everything sat flush on the original. I know things like this can vary on these cheaply produced mods sometimes, but I hate that. There is a 1/2mm gap between the top of the mod and anything I screw into the 510.
  2. The screen is much brighter on the replacement. The original was a yellowish dim color and the replacement is a bluish bright white. It's like comparing an old incandescent bulb and a LED bulb.
  3. The serial number on the original is on the inside of the battery door on the black plastic just above the metal battery plate on the door and nearer to the clasp that locks the door, and on the replacement the serial number is on the metal battery plate itself closer to the door hinge.
Done eating crow now :D

Good day vapers, i need some assistance..... 2days ago i was using my wismec predator with a kylin RTA, all was good, then all of a sudden it keeps giving me "atomizer low" error, i removed and cleaned the 510 pin but still no luck, tried using the original elabo tank that came with the mod and that also gives me the same warning,...... any advice on how to fix this problem? been 5days and no solution,

VU Sponsors